• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do you think that Democrats will "take away your guns"?

You have been given numerous instances where without question democrats are intent on banning guns. You have been shgown states that are actively banning guns. Rather than stating "Huh...OK...OP asked and answered...I guess the democrats DO want to ban guns" (because...no ****...really?) you continue to bleat on about how semi-automatic guns can be magically transformed to fully automatic weapons (do you actually KNOW what that entails?) and the evils of fully automatic 3D printed guns.

So...cut the bull****. Are you sincere in your 'question' or arent you, and since you have a mountain of evidence staring you in the face that democrats (32 of them currently seated in the senate) ARE in fact actively attempting to ban guns then why havent you simply acknowledged what everyone knows to be true?

No one has actually shown me an attempt by the Dems to take away anyone's guns. So I am sincere about my question. Can you name a Dem attempt to take away guns from all of us Americans. And what I pointed out is true. You can go on line and actually get kits to convert certain Semi's to automatic. Yes it does take some machining, but there is always someone around that could help.

Nope, they have no clue. It's why they are losing so often. Even now, they have no positive agenda or platform. Their agenda is 100% get Trump. That's it.

I have stopped watching a lot of the news as I am tired of hearing this and that about Trump. I did not vote for him, but he is the legitimate president of our country and will be until he resigns, loses an election or the worst case gets impeached. The fact is though that Trump brings a lot of this on himself by his constant stupid tweets. I think in the end he enjoys the attention. It seems when he reduces tweeting, so does news of him reduces. I think he wants to be in the news every day and that drives the news, mostly negative. What is the old saying, there is no such thing as bad news for an actor.

So from your brither, a sample of one, you draw a broad conclusion about millions of people. Ok, fine.

There are millions of people out there that think just like him and almost all of them vote GOP. There is nothing bad or wrong about that, they can vote for and why they want. The right of every American

My question with the NRA isn't with it spending money on its candidates, it is where they get their money. In the end will we ever find out where they got all of the money they spent helping to get Trump elected? I do hope so.

the vast majority of anti gun activists and posters are clueless about guns, gun laws, crime facts etc. They don't come to their position based on having knowledge about these subjects. Rather they are leftwing activists and they understand that avid gun owners and the NRA supports right wing candidates. that is what motivates most of the anti gun movement in the USA. Sure, the sheeple in the astro turf movements believe that gun control=crime control. These useful pawns don't spend much effort learning the issues. But this board shows what really motivates the gun hater movement.

No one has actually shown me an attempt by the Dems to take away anyone's guns. So I am sincere about my question. Can you name a Dem attempt to take away guns from all of us Americans. And what I pointed out is true. You can go on line and actually get kits to convert certain Semi's to automatic. Yes it does take some machining, but there is always someone around that could help.

that's a dishonest question. in red states the dems don't have the power to take away guns. we do know that in California, the Dems tried to confiscate any magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. the same is true in NY. we know that many commonly owned firearms are illegal to own or sell in California, NY, Md, NJ and Ct. we know the democrat party sees incrementally eating away at the rights of lawful gun owners as a platform plank. they dishonestly call it "gun safety"

you pretend that UNLESS every dem comes out and says all guns should be banned, that the DNC is not trying to destroy our rights

As always...…..wrong - wrong - wrong!

Pro gun advocates do not want to see every state lock stepping with the likes of New Jersey, Massachusetts, and cities like D.C.

Carl Rowan was a black activist journalist hero in the fight to take guns away for residents of DC. That is until he was arrested for pulling out his illegal gun and shooting a black kid for swimming in his pool without permission.

Bull****. How ridiculous do you want to paint yourself? You have been shown actual legislation signed by 32 current seated democrats that list over 100 specific weapons and numerous categories of pistols, shotguns, and rifles. That you refuse to acknowledge the facts says all anyone will ever need to know about you and your ridiculous pretense.

Nobody wants to restrict the rights of anyone to own firearms. what we DO want are restrictions on assault rifles. More laws aren't meant to prevent killings because that's not possible. What a ban on assault rifles is intended to do is to prevent mass shooting in places like schools, concerts, clubs and churches.

How does banning one type of firearm prevent mass shootings? Do you not even recognize how illogical that statement is?

Bull****. How ridiculous do you want to paint yourself? You have been shown actual legislation signed by 32 current seated democrats that list over 100 specific weapons and numerous categories of pistols, shotguns, and rifles. That you refuse to acknowledge the facts says all anyone will ever need to know about you and your ridiculous pretense.

LInk please?

LInk please?

https://www.debatepolitics.com/gene...-your-guns-post1068996161.html#post1068996161
https://www.debatepolitics.com/gene...-your-guns-post1068996167.html#post1068996167
https://www.debatepolitics.com/gene...-your-guns-post1068996174.html#post1068996174

Seriously...how could you have missed them unless you deliberately dont want to see them?

The link to the actual legislation was included in the first one...post #22
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/2095/text

The list of co-sponsors is in the legislation.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/2095/cosponsors

And thats just the federal legislation democrats are pressing. How is it that you continue to just play the ostrich game with New York? Washington/ California? With democrat lead handgun bans in Chicago and DC? With AR bans being pressed in Maryland and other blue states?

https://www.debatepolitics.com/gene...-your-guns-post1068996161.html#post1068996161
https://www.debatepolitics.com/gene...-your-guns-post1068996167.html#post1068996167
https://www.debatepolitics.com/gene...-your-guns-post1068996174.html#post1068996174

Seriously...how could you have missed them unless you deliberately dont want to see them?

The link to the actual legislation was included in the first one...post #22
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/2095/text

The list of co-sponsors is in the legislation.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/2095/cosponsors

And thats just the federal legislation democrats are pressing. How is it that you continue to just play the ostrich game with New York? Washington/ California? With democrat lead handgun bans in Chicago and DC? With AR bans being pressed in Maryland and other blue states?

Were any of those bills actually passed? But even so none of those bills would not have taken even one gun away from anyone. And those bills would only stop the future sale of guns, they would not remove the guns from anyone now owning them. You do understand that don't you? that was my contention, that the Dems have not tried to take any guns from anyone.

My question with the NRA isn't with it spending money on its candidates, it is where they get their money. In the end will we ever find out where they got all of the money they spent helping to get Trump elected? I do hope so.

Certainly not George Soros. He like to see countries fall without them fighting back.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/02/14/ar-15-mass-shootings/339519002/
Of course eliminating the AR15 type guns won't stop shooting altogether, but maybe reduce the number of deaths. Of course it will never happen.

That is a big "maybe" and it could possibly even increase the number of deaths. Each situation is different and by changing the firearm used you also change the potential tactics the shooter would approach the situation. For instance, someone wielding multiple pistols will have an easier time concealing them and approach his intended victims without hindrance thus blocking any escape route before picking them off one by one where as someone holding a rifle would more easily be seen from a distance potentially giving time to escape. IMO, the best way to limit the death count is to either hopefully deter the action altogether, or to meet the assault with force in kind, and to do this you need multiple people equipped and willing to respond to put an end to the situation as fast as possible.

Were any of those bills actually passed? But even so none of those bills would not have taken even one gun away from anyone. And those bills would only stop the future sale of guns, they would not remove the guns from anyone now owning them. You do understand that don't you? that was my contention, that the Dems have not tried to take any guns from anyone.
Good lord..do you hear yourself?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/02/14/ar-15-mass-shootings/339519002/
Of course eliminating the AR15 type guns won't stop shooting altogether, but maybe reduce the number of deaths. Of course it will never happen.

From the article:

Dean Hazen, owner of The Gun Experts in Mahomet, Ill., and a master firearms instructor, said the reason mass shooters are turning to the AR-15 is due to a "copy-cat" mentality more than any feature of the rifle.*

"It’s really just a perception thing," Hazen said. "There are rifles that are more powerful and more dangerous than that, but they're not being used."

Hazen said the AR-15 has "gotten a bad rap." He believes mass shooters generally don't know much about guns and choose the AR-15 because of the reputation it has gotten from being used in other mass shootings.

"Thank God they don't know any better because if they did they would use much more effective weapons," Hazen said.*

This has been one of my main arguments on here for a while and is in line with the point I was previously making. The choice of using the AR-15 is more to do with the perception of the rifle more than anyone feature. You can accomplish a mass shooting with a handgun (or multiple ones) just as easy as if you had an AR-15 and in the right situation it could be much worse if the shooter was armed with handguns rather than a rifle. Remember, the VT shooting was done with 2 handguns and until the Orlando night club shooting it was one of the worst on record.

Good lord..do you hear yourself?

Using his logic Ted Cruz and other pro-life politicians must not really want to outlaw elective abortions since they weren't successful in outlawing them.

Using his logic Ted Cruz and other pro-life politicians must not really want to outlaw elective abortions since they weren't successful in outlawing them.

They don't, and that's why the joke is on the pro life crowd. If they ended abortion then they'd lose it at campaign time. Republicans have little interest in stopping aboortion, just buying the votes of weak minded fools, er I mean "their base".:roll:

SO you are giving guns to felons. Many states say no. I don't think that once they have been found guilty of a felony, especially if it had anything to do with any weapon, then you have lost the right to own a gun.

I am fine with someone who has served their debt to society having all constitutional rights restored to them once they are released from prison. Voting, gun ownership, right to protest, or some other right it doesn't matter. Those who can't be trusted with all their constitutional rights shouldn't be released from prison in the first place. Because a law saying they can't own a gun isn't going to stop them from murdering someone if they are determined t on killing someone. Because they will steal a gun, use a knife, a car or some other tool or weapon to accomplish their goal.

They don't, and that's why the joke is on the pro life crowd. If they ended abortion then they'd lose it at campaign time. Republicans have little interest in stopping aboortion, just buying the votes of weak minded fools, er I mean "their base".:roll:

Roe V wade stops any attempt to end elective abortion. Pro-abortion judges on the supreme court curb any ability to severely restrict abortions.

Its a combination of lunacy and stupidity. In one breath he says "I constantly hear on this and other message boards that the Dems want to take away my guns", and then when it is CLEARLY demonstrated that democrats want to take away 'his' guns and that 32 of them are currently sponsor/cosponsoring legislation to ban guns, rather than be upset with the FACT that democrats are actively campaigning to take away 'his' guns, he ****s himself over the NRA and the NRA's efforts to FIGHT that legislation.

****ing ridiculous.

Last edited:

Just another disingenuous Trump meme. More of his "us of them" banter.

Just another disingenuous Trump meme. More of his "us of them" banter.
Considering the 'meme' has been going on for decades (as has the active attempts by democrats to ban guns) don't you realize how stupid you just made yourself look?

****ing TDS, man...its rough.

Back
Top Bottom