• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do you think that Democrats will "take away your guns"?

And it is a fact that many so called semi-automatic weapons can be converted to full automatic. This is especially true with the influence of 3d printing. Then what you have is a military weapon.
So...are you ready yet to admit your OP was bull****, that you KNOW dems are proposing gun bans, and that far from your wide eyed gullible/innocence stance, you support them?

And it is a fact that many so called semi-automatic weapons can be converted to full automatic. This is especially true with the influence of 3d printing. Then what you have is a military weapon.

Are you admitting that the goal is banning semi autos? That runs contrary to the "But we're not trying to take your guns", which is the banners claim and the post to which I responded.

Sorry, I should have been cleared I was actually questioning your claim "Kavanaugh has repeated voted in favor of the NRA and against banning assault rifles".

Its a old and worn NRA meme that is designed to whip up gun owners to - in many cases - vote for guns first and against some of their own self interests such as economics. And it has worked beautifully.

Not only vote for guns but run out and buy them which they did when “Obama wants to take your guns”. Sales soared.

When someone is deemed safe enough to be released back into society all their rights should be restored.

SO you are giving guns to felons. Many states say no. I don't think that once they have been found guilty of a felony, especially if it had anything to do with any weapon, then you have lost the right to own a gun.

Pure nonsense. The "worn meme" is your idiotic claim the right votes "for guns first and against their own self-interests" is ludicrous beyond belief. You guys just have no grasp about what the majority of Americans consider their self-interest.

Actually my brither uses two things to decide who he votes for, first if they are pro total guns and second if they are anti-abortion. Many people use one or both of these to decide who to vote for,.

So...are you ready yet to admit your OP was bull****, that you KNOW dems are proposing gun bans, and that far from your wide eyed gullible/innocence stance, you support them?
First, I am not a dem, never have been. Second, where in any of my OP have I said I would ban guns, never. So what you have written is the real bull***t. Actually the idea of banning guns at this time in our nation is laughable. With over 300 million guns out there and more being made and purchased every day, how would you ever "ban guns". I guess I do worry about guns made of plastics which can be carried onto planes or into areas where they aren't supposed to be does scare the hell out of me. Doesn't it you? Your family could be next with this kind of weapon.

Are you admitting that the goal is banning semi autos? That runs contrary to the "But we're not trying to take your guns", which is the banners claim and the post to which I responded.

Did I say anything about banning any weapon. What I said was that many semi-automatic guns can be converted into automatics and makes them military weapons. Is that a lie?

Actually my brither uses two things to decide who he votes for, first if they are pro total guns and second if they are anti-abortion. Many people use one or both of these to decide who to vote for,.

Your brother is an idiot, then.

Did I say anything about banning any weapon. What I said was that many semi-automatic guns can be converted into automatics and makes them military weapons. Is that a lie?

And many household chemicals can be converted to bombs, which makes them military weapons. True?

First, I am not a dem, never have been. Second, where in any of my OP have I said I would ban guns, never. So what you have written is the real bull***t. Actually the idea of banning guns at this time in our nation is laughable. With over 300 million guns out there and more being made and purchased every day, how would you ever "ban guns". I guess I do worry about guns made of plastics which can be carried onto planes or into areas where they aren't supposed to be does scare the hell out of me. Doesn't it you? Your family could be next with this kind of weapon.
You have been given numerous instances where without question democrats are intent on banning guns. You have been shgown states that are actively banning guns. Rather than stating "Huh...OK...OP asked and answered...I guess the democrats DO want to ban guns" (because...no ****...really?) you continue to bleat on about how semi-automatic guns can be magically transformed to fully automatic weapons (do you actually KNOW what that entails?) and the evils of fully automatic 3D printed guns.

So...cut the bull****. Are you sincere in your 'question' or arent you, and since you have a mountain of evidence staring you in the face that democrats (32 of them currently seated in the senate) ARE in fact actively attempting to ban guns then why havent you simply acknowledged what everyone knows to be true?

I guess I do worry about guns made of plastics which can be carried onto planes or into areas where they aren't supposed to be does scare the hell out of me. Doesn't it you? Your family could be next with this kind of weapon.
As to this part...seriously...why does that scare you? Son, there are damn near 400 million firearms out there TODAY in the hands of law abiding citizens and who KNOW how many illegal guns in the hands of criminals...and you are peeing yourself over 3D technology that is creating substandard (not forged) weapons that would not in ANY imagined circumstance stand up to automatic fire?

Here...let me help with your fear with some aversion therapy. Do you know what IS currently available and doesnt require online blueprints, 3D printers, etc? Polymer molds. Hell, with a polymer mold I can cast as many lowers as I would like, for next to nothing, and buy all the parts I need to fully construct an AR for about $180 bucks.

Nah...I aint skeered.

Satan Klaus is out there, son, and he's just getting stronger. What do we do? Be prepared...that's my motto.

Pure nonsense. The "worn meme" is your idiotic claim the right votes "for guns first and against their own self-interests" is ludicrous beyond belief. You guys just have no grasp about what the majority of Americans consider their self-interest.

The evidence of the GUNS FIRST mentality is right here on this very site each and every day.

Not only vote for guns but run out and buy them which they did when “Obama wants to take your guns”. Sales soared.

Exactly - because that fifteenth gun will make you even saver than the previous fourteen did.

Dems can't take guns for the simple reason that gun owners will never relinquish them, no matter what laws they pass. That they would attempt to ban the private ownership of firearms if they had the power to do so, is not in question. The only question is how much blood would be spilled in the attempt to carry it out.

Nope, they have no clue. It's why they are losing so often. Even now, they have no positive agenda or platform. Their agenda is 100% get Trump. That's it.

The evidence of the GUNS FIRST mentality is right here on this very site each and every day.
LOL, sure. We talk about gun control in gun control threads, economics in economic threads, foreign affairs in foreign affairs threads. Russian collusion in Russian collusion threads. How exactly does that support your "guns first claim"?

So from your brither, a sample of one, you draw a broad conclusion about millions of people. Ok, fine.

LOL, sure. We talk about gun control in gun control threads, economics in economic threads, foreign affairs in foreign affairs threads. Russian collusion in Russian collusion threads. How exactly does that support your "guns first claim"?

And yet, for some on the right, guns are the religion and the altar they worship in front of.

I suppose you could. It's not as simple as you imply. The two generally operate differently. So more than just filing down a couple parts is needed to get the job done.

That would not, however, turn that semi into a military weapon. It would turn the altered weapon into a mediocre toy.

Back
Top Bottom