• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Someone Believes the Fake News

I have admit, it was a rhetorical question.

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk

A rhetorical question is supposed to have a motive behind it to prove a point. I think the word you're looking for is "nonsensical" :)

I said PM me if you want the links and the proof. The offer stands and nobody has taken the time to PM me. So either ask me or research it yourself.

I think you've been asked several times for proof. You have no proof for "millions", certainly greater than zero, but not millions.

I think you've been asked several times for proof. You have no proof for "millions", certainly greater than zero, but not millions.

Millions is a lot. I hope millions do not buy into such an obvious fake story as Pizzagate. But, it would not surprise me if millions do. After all millions believed Obama was born in Kenya.

I believe Alex Jones has over 500,000 followers on Twitter. So...we can safely say that at least close to a million people probably buy this crap.

A rhetorical question is supposed to have a motive behind it to prove a point. I think the word you're looking for is "nonsensical" :)

Meh. Maybe rhetorical isn't the right word for it.

I don't know if millions believe it. I'm not sure what it says about the country that it an even gain as much traction as it has.

But I can say with absolute certainty that it's terrifying that there are people on our president elects transition team that actually think there's some truth to this story and thinks it's worth discussing.

Son of Trump security adviser pick spread conspiracy theory about pizza parlor - CNNPolitics.com
Gen. Flynn’s Rumor-Mongering Son Has Been Active in Trump Transition | Foreign Policy

And there's only more of this stuff to come. You would think that the president elect would rather his team not spread false stories that endanger innocent people's lives like this but I guess that's not a big concern right now.

Are we sure that those stories aren't the fake ones?

Yeah, those stories there kinda do sound like they are fake news to me.

Meh. Maybe rhetorical isn't the right word for it.

Yeah, those stories there kinda do sound like they are fake news to me.

Which makes it even more sad that they are 100% true. What does that say about the republican electorate and President Elect in general?

It's almost like believing the GOP cheated in the election with no evidence at all.

The claims of cheating I've heard have been directed towards Russia, not the GOP.

Which makes it even more sad that they are 100% true. What does that say about the republican electorate and President Elect in general?

It doesn't say anything about the Republican electorate nor the President elect.

What it does say is that Gen. Flynn's son's got some problems.

The claims of cheating I've heard have been directed towards Russia, not the GOP.

The person I was responding to said he believes the GOP cheated.

Show that "millions" of people believe this. Yes, you have to provide sources.

I don't know whether there is hard evidence that millions believe it, but considering how 62 million citizens voted for Trump I do not consider it outside the realm of possibility 1-2 million buy into Pizzagate.

I don't know whether there is hard evidence that millions believe it, but considering how 62 million citizens voted for Trump I do not consider it outside the realm of possibility 1-2 million buy into Pizzagate.

Anything, I suppose, is within "the realm of possibility." That doesn't mean it is so.

It doesn't say anything about the Republican electorate nor the President elect.

What it does say is that Gen. Flynn's son's got some problems.

Disagree. We have an entire fake news industry essentially that is entirely geared at one side due to the fact that this side is primed and ready for various reasons to buy it. It's the same reason that the incredibly biased outlet of talk radio is so one sided. It's not because people refuse to put left wing talk radio on the air. It's not because there aren't liberal people out there. It's almost entirely because liberals simply won't listen to a liberal Rush Limbaugh in the same numbers. You're not going to have a left wing version of Alex Jones become a national figure. Even the popular liberal talking heads, such as Rachel Maddow, aren't of the same breed. Yes, she's biased and only talks about details that seem to help her case and side and doesn't present both sides of the argument. Very valid arguments against her. But you aren't going to see her yelling and ranting and getting all angry. You aren't going to see her saying that republican actually want to destroy the country or don't love the country. If you can find one stupid quote from her from over the years, that wouldn't surprise me, but it's not an every show thing like with someone like Limbaugh where his entire message is that Democrats have no morals and want to bring everyone down etc.

I think the president elects constant flirting with this fake news and tabloid stories is very telling and I think if the shoe were on the other foot it would be an absolute game changer for a democrat. A democrat primary with 17 candidates and the front runner suggests that one of the other candidates dads helped kill JFK? They are out of the race. Without question.

Disagree. We have an entire fake news industry essentially that is entirely geared at one side due to the fact that this side is primed and ready for various reasons to buy it. It's the same reason that the incredibly biased outlet of talk radio is so one sided. It's not because people refuse to put left wing talk radio on the air. It's not because there aren't liberal people out there. It's almost entirely because liberals simply won't listen to a liberal Rush Limbaugh in the same numbers. You're not going to have a left wing version of Alex Jones become a national figure. Even the popular liberal talking heads, such as Rachel Maddow, aren't of the same breed. Yes, she's biased and only talks about details that seem to help her case and side and doesn't present both sides of the argument. Very valid arguments against her. But you aren't going to see her yelling and ranting and getting all angry. You aren't going to see her saying that republican actually want to destroy the country or don't love the country. If you can find one stupid quote from her from over the years, that wouldn't surprise me, but it's not an every show thing like with someone like Limbaugh where his entire message is that Democrats have no morals and want to bring everyone down etc.

I think the president elects constant flirting with this fake news and tabloid stories is very telling and I think if the shoe were on the other foot it would be an absolute game changer for a democrat. A democrat primary with 17 candidates and the front runner suggests that one of the other candidates dads helped kill JFK? They are out of the race. Without question.

You are free to disagree.

That which you identify as fake news sources are only 1/2 of the fake news that is out there. I've seen a number of lefty fake news such as white supremacists have taken over the White House, and US Nazi's being connected to Trump, so you claim that the fake news is all on one side isn't the whole truth, is it? (Oh so typical).
I'd also conclude that the liberal echo chamber is yet another source of lefty fake news, and issued talking points.

Yeah well guess how many people have pm'd me? zero. Nobody wants the proof or the research and I already said I'm not adding the the real swamp - the fake news alt-right conspiracy theory nexus of nationalistic bs. So don't do the research or ask me for the proof but then you have no right to be complaining.

Proof takes time. Here you go

Nearly 50 percent of Trump voters think the Pizzagate theory is either true or could be true, according to a new poll released today from Public Policy Polling."]Nearly 50 percent of Trump voters think the Pizzagate theory is either true or could be true, according to a new poll released today from Public Policy Polling.

14% of Trump voters flat out believe it. 5% of Hillary voters flat out believe it. Let's be conservative. So I'm cutting it in half. And we'll say that only 2% of the 35ish% that said "it could be true" are thrown in. Trump got 62 million votes. That means 6 million people believe it. More humorously, it means that 3 million people believe Clinton ran a sex trafficking ring and still voted for her. Cool. Or something.

So practice patience and maybe in the future, just trust that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to crazy people, the internet, and especially a combination of the two.

"Millions of views on YouTube" is your evidence that millions of people believe it?

:lamo

See above. It's actually not funny at all.

I don't know if millions believe it. I'm not sure what it says about the country that it an even gain as much traction as it has.

But I can say with absolute certainty that it's terrifying that there are people on our president elects transition team that actually think there's some truth to this story and thinks it's worth discussing.

Son of Trump security adviser pick spread conspiracy theory about pizza parlor - CNNPolitics.com
Gen. Flynn’s Rumor-Mongering Son Has Been Active in Trump Transition | Foreign Policy

And there's only more of this stuff to come. You would think that the president elect would rather his team not spread false stories that endanger innocent people's lives like this but I guess that's not a big concern right now.

Just worth repeating that one.

Last edited:
Proof takes time. Here you go

14% of Trump voters flat out believe it. 5% of Hillary voters flat out believe it. Let's be conservative. So I'm cutting it in half. And we'll say that only 2% of the 35ish% that said "it could be true" are thrown in. Trump got 62 million votes. That means 6 million people believe it. More humorously, it means that 3 million people believe Clinton ran a sex trafficking ring and still voted for her. Cool. Or something.

So practice patience and maybe in the future, just trust that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to crazy people, the internet, and especially a combination of the two.

See above. It's actually not funny at all.

Just worth repeating that one.

50%, that's 31 million people! Gawd do we ever live in a stupid country.

50%, that's 31 million people! Gawd do we ever live in a stupid country.

To quote the Twilight Zone: people are alike all over. The real immigration plan should be to bring in and have "extreme vetting" to find people who aren't as gullible.

Should we begin a "fake News Hall of Shame" thread and put on display the past "fake news" posts by our esteemed members here at DP. Including any fake news links ever used to validate a post?

Perhaps it will give everyone an idea on just who the biggest idiots are around here, (as if we didn't already know.)

Back
Top Bottom