• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Someone Believes the Fake News

The agenda to demonize Russia is what I'm talking about in this instance.

Who has it? I guess TPTB, for lack of a better term. Those who would benefit from war with Russia. The effort began long before this election cycle, and now it seems those who would rather Hillary be POTUS are getting desperate.

If you want me to name names, I cannot. But I can see the effort, if not the persons commanding the effort. Notwithstanding decades of the Cold War, the modern effort began with Nuland's efforts in Ukraine and the shootdown of MH17.

Who is wrongly demonizing Russia?

Who is wrongly demonizing Russia?

All of the western media, and the US State Department under V. Nuland. Are you unable to perceive those efforts?

All of the western media, and the US State Department under V. Nuland. Are you unable to perceive those efforts?

What is it Russia is being demonized for?

What is it Russia is being demonized for?

To advance an agenda for a war with Russia. That agenda required that we overthrow a Ukraine president who was on good terms with Moscow. That agenda requires that we place nuclear weapons close to the Russian border, as they did to us in Cuba in 1960. It requires that the French renege on the sale of several ships to Russia last year.

To advance an agenda for a war with Russia. That agenda required that we overthrow a Ukraine president who was on good terms with Moscow. That agenda requires that we place nuclear weapons close to the Russian border, as they did to us in Cuba in 1960. It requires that the French renege on the sale of several ships to Russia last year.

maybe I did not ask my question as clearly as necessary. What did Russia do that causes some here to "demonize " them?

maybe I did not ask my question as clearly as necessary. What did Russia do that causes some here to "demonize " them?

That sir, is THE MOST RELEVANT question. I have no answer, for I think the actions against Russia are pure propaganda and belligerence.

That sir, is THE MOST RELEVANT question. I have no answer, for I think the actions against Russia are pure propaganda and belligerence.

When did the American right become such sympathizers with Russian interests?

I think we all know that answer if we are honest.

Oddly enough, you saw some of it at about the same time liberals finally figured out Putin's Russia was an immoral force in the world.

Oddly enough, you saw some of it at about the same time liberals finally figured out Putin's Russia was an immoral force in the world.

So when liberals turned against Putin - the knee jerk reaction by some on the right was to embrace Putin? Is that what you are hinting at?

Could you give any examples of the American right being sympathizers with Russian interests, because I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

The left has known Russia was an immoral force for some time now. Because we tend to know about the Poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko and the slaughter of journalists who dare speak ill of Putin. Meanwhile, conservatives are falling in love with the former soviet union KGB agent and are raising him to conservative saint status because Americans that cons disagree with politically are deemed more the enemy than anyone in their minds.

Could you give any examples of the American right being sympathizers with Russian interests, because I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

Read this and other threads where some righties here just cannot bring themselves to do anything to accept that Russia tried to help Trump in this election.

and this

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/12/14/americans-and-trump-part-ways-over-russia/

I don't think this is even an area to be disputed any longer the shift has been that strong among the right.

Last edited:
So when liberals turned against Putin - the knee jerk reaction by some on the right was to embrace Putin? Is that what you are hinting at?

Yeah, but it happened gradually from both liberals and conservatives.

Liberals only started disliking and distrusting Russia once they invaded Ukraine and started amping up their policies against homosexuals. Before then they were apologists for Putin and dismissive toward hawks who were concerned after the Georgian invasion.

Conservatives started liking Putin after the reset was starting to fail. They started idealizing his "toughness" and calculating nature. They started to contrast that with what they perceived as Obama's relative weakness.

But during that time liberals and conservatives were largely still in their traditional camps, with the former being conciliatory and the latter being antagonistic toward or skeptical of Russia.

Then Trump's campaign accelerated both changes. Liberals started going against Russia when Russia was clearly making moves against Clinton, when Wikileaks (the old darling of the Left) started feeling like accomplices to Russia's new goal, and when Trump was publicly idealizing Putin and encouraging further leaks or attacks from Russia.

Republicans may be dismissing the changes that are going on as Democratic bluster, but Pew recently did a poll which shows GOP voter support for Russia trending significantly higher than in years past.

Yeah, but it happened gradually from both liberals and conservatives.

Liberals only started disliking and distrusting Russia once they invaded Ukraine and started amping up their policies against homosexuals. Before then they were apologists for Putin and dismissive toward hawks who were concerned after the Georgian invasion.

Conservatives started liking Putin after the reset was starting to fail. They started idealizing his "toughness" and calculating nature. They started to contrast that with what they perceived as Obama's relative weakness.

But during that time liberals and conservatives were largely still in their traditional camps, with the former being conciliatory and the latter being antagonistic toward or skeptical of Russia.

Then Trump's campaign accelerated both changes. Liberals started going against Russia when Russia was clearly making moves against Clinton, when Wikileaks (the old darling of the Left) started feeling like accomplices to Russia's new goal, and when Trump was publicly idealizing him and encouraging further leaks or attacks from Russia.

Solid explanation. Thank you.

Read this and other threads where some righties here just cannot bring themselves to do anything to accept that Russia tried to help Trump in this election.

and this

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/12/14/americans-and-trump-part-ways-over-russia/

I don't think this is even an area to be disputed any longer the shift has been that strong among the right.

Well I do understand that we the electorate/the masses are supposed to think that Russia "tried to help Trump in this election", but so far there is no proof that such a thing actually happened.

It does appear to be the case that the Kremlin and Putin would prefer to deal with Trump as opposed to dealing with Hitlery, but it's not clear just what they did to "help Trump in this election". Hints and allegations, which is how the US government rolls, but no proof, also how the US government rolls.

Well I do understand that we the electorate/the masses are supposed to think that Russia "tried to help Trump in this election", but so far there is no proof that such a thing actually happened.

It does appear to be the case that the Kremlin and Putin would prefer to deal with Trump as opposed to dealing with Hitlery, but it's not clear just what they did to "help Trump in this election". Hints and allegations, which is how the US government rolls, but no proof, also how the US government rolls.

So the constant daily Wikileaks flow against clinton does not count in your opinion?

So the constant daily Wikileaks flow against clinton does not count in your opinion?

I acknowledge the WikiLeaks flow against Clinton, but I would emphasize the word "leaks" in that word. So I'm not getting your point here. Even WikiLeaks, then and now, has said that the leaked info DID NOT COME from Russia.

I acknowledge the WikiLeaks flow against Clinton, but I would emphasize the word "leaks" in that word. So I'm not getting your point here. Even WikiLeaks, then and now, has said that the leaked info DID NOT COME from Russia.

As if they would admit it.

..and what a breath of fresh air!

Nutball goes into a pizza joint, fires his weapon(s), all because of a fake news story.
And you consider this "a breath of fresh air"???
I'm not certain where you reside, but your air quality must be terrible if you consider this sort of flatulence to be "a breath of fresh air".

No, I will not. Research it yourself. Research the Reddit group and sub group. 4 chan. Millions of views on youtube with hundreds of thousands of thumbs up on a multitude of videos. I don't care if you don't believe me, you have google and youtube. I refuse to have a link to anything these people have published as it will only get them more exposure. You can PM me and I will provide you with the links if you don't believe me, otherwise I'm pretty sure you have the internet and don't need me to find something that's really easy to find.

People look at stupid or funny things by the millions through media.

You equate this to people believing in it?

I equate it too boredom.

People look at stupid or funny things by the millions through media.

You equate this to people believing in it?

I equate it too boredom.

I guess you missed the study that showed millions of people believing it.

Back
Top Bottom