• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What "well regulated" means in the 2nd Amendment

I would posit that you're intentionally missing the point, which is that that term has nothing to do with government regulation, and in any case is not applicable to the right to bear arms.

So it's just a throwaway word?

Kinda hard for citizens to form a well regulated militia if their firearms are taken from them. I asked what the sentence means. Shall not be infringed is as clear as it gets. Secondly...if you disagree then get off your asses and come and try to take them. Your militia question will then be made crystal clear to you.

Oh yeah. Now we're talkin'! Come and get them!
Tell you what, Rambo (or is it Ramba?), I support the right of Americans to arm themselves any way they see fit. But simple-minded loudmouths are counter-productive to any cause. Some are so simple and so loud they're counter-productive to any discussion, knowwhatImeanVern?

It means the militia should be well trained and heavily armed; the same weapons as the army.

Actually, no. There was no standing army at the time. When a military was needed they called up the militia which was basically any able bodied man. There was no distinction between "militia" and "army" as you are trying to make.

I simply don't think "well regulated militia " means "unregulated free for all and anarchy."

Oh yeah. Now we're talkin'! Come and get them!
Tell you what, Rambo (or is it Ramba?), I support the right of Americans to arm themselves any way they see fit. But simple-minded loudmouths are counter-productive to any cause. Some are so simple and so loud they're counter-productive to any discussion, knowwhatImeanVern?

Says the guy squawking about the 2nd. Either come get them or shut your pieholes. Our 2nd is never going anywhere.

Reid Hendrichs should be allowed to testify in every gun control case.

As an expert on deluded 2nd amendment supporters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it's just a throwaway word?

Not at all, why would you think that? Just because the phrase obviously doesn't serve the purpose you wish it served, doesn't mean it serves no purpose.

As an expert on deluded 2nd amendment supporters?

As compared to YOUR oh so valuable input?

Says the guy squawking about the 2nd. Either come get them or shut your pieholes. Our 2nd is never going anywhere.

Squawking? Can you understand simple English, Rambo? What does this sentence tell you about an attitude re. the 2nd amendment, "I support the right of Americans to arm themselves any way they see fit."?
Oh, wait, I get it. You only know one way to talk about this. You can't handle it when someone who supports the 2nd. doesn't buy whatever simpleminded bull**** you post. You'd be in for a shock if some of the posters here that you consider solidly beside you ever told you what they really think of some of your juvenile horse****.
And just to be on-topic, I thought well-regulated meant I took a crap every morning.

Found a great video which explains the 2nd Amendment and what "well regulated" means.
YouTube

In the context of the Second Amendment, "well regulated" simply means organized.

There are two militias in the US. The organized militia consists of the National Guard and the Naval militia. The unorganized militia consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia. Both the organized and unorganized militias consist of able-bodied males at least 17 years old and under the age of 45, who either are, or intend to be, citizens of the US in addition to female citizens who are members of the National Guard.

Source: 10 U.S. Code § 246. Militia: composition and classes

The individual right to keep and bear arms is also not contingent on membership in a militia.

How do you know the 2nd amendment won't be repealed ?

Because there are millions of people like me that will never allow it. That's what the 2nd was placed there for and people like me will always be stronger than gun grabbers. I mean...what are you going to do to take them from us? Use a stern voice? Lol. Or better yet...would you use govt guns to remove ours? One of the very things the constitution was created to protect us from?

Because there are millions of people like me that will never allow it. That's what the 2nd was placed there for and people like me will always be stronger than gun grabbers. I mean...what are you going to do to take them from us? Use a stern voice? Lol. Or better yet...would you use govt guns to remove ours? One of the very things the constitution was created to protect us from?

And how do you plan to stop the gun control repealing the 2nd amendment should they get the necessary votes in 3/4 of the states.

Sounds like you're advocating tyranny.

Squawking? Can you understand simple English, Rambo? What does this sentence tell you about an attitude re. the 2nd amendment, "I support the right of Americans to arm themselves any way they see fit."?
Oh, wait, I get it. You only know one way to talk about this. You can't handle it when someone who supports the 2nd. doesn't buy whatever simpleminded bull**** you post. You'd be in for a shock if some of the posters here that you consider solidly beside you ever told you what they really think of some of your juvenile horse****.
And just to be on-topic, I thought well-regulated meant I took a crap every morning.

Spare me the "I support guns" lefty BS. We all know you don't otherwise you wouldn't be here spewing lefty BS out like your well regulated comment. Talk about juvenile. That's no 2nd amendment supporter...thats lefty guy pretending to support guns. You don't. And spare me what others think of me crap. I'm not a beta. I've never given any thought to who "is solidly beside me here" nor do I care if they are or aren't. People are entitled to think what they want same as me.

And how do you plan to stop the gun control repealing the 2nd amendment should they get the necessary votes in 3/4 of the states.

Sounds like you're advocating tyranny.

I don't plan on doing anything. At some point you will need to come take them from me and millions of people just like me. You will run out of confiscators by noon on the first day. All I need to do is sit in my living room.

I don't plan on doing anything. At some point you will need to come take them from me and millions of people just like me. You will run out of confiscators by noon on the first day. All I need to do is sit in my living room.

You would politely hand over your guns

As compared to YOUR oh so valuable input?

LOL... His credentials consist of a youtube video and an MS in History... hardly sufficient to qualify for any kind of an expert on the meaning of the 2nd amendment....

It means the militia should be well trained and heavily armed; the same weapons as the army.

The militia which consists of all able bodied citizens.

LOL... His credentials consist of a youtube video and an MS in History... hardly sufficient to qualify for any kind of an expert on the meaning of the 2nd amendment....

And you have still offered nothing.

I'm 110 percent behind requiring a gun safety course to get a permit.

A permit for what, owning a gun? That would make gun ownership into a privilege. Gun ownership is not a privilege as defined by the Constitution its a right.

You would politely hand over your guns

Yep...just show up and ask politely. I would recommend whoever shows up to confiscate them have a nice time with their family the night before though. We wan't everyone to be relaxed on confiscation day.

Back
Top Bottom