• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What qualifies Pete Buttigieg to be President of the United States?

The people said Clinton. The States said Trump.
The people impeached Trump. The States let him walk.

The end.

Because as we know with the Regressive Left rules dont matter when they get in the way of the agenda.....

barf

He was mayor of a city of slightly over 100,000 for 8 years. He wants to control the largest economy in the world, the largest military in the world but what experience does he have that says this is a good bet?

Mayor Pete is young, smart, and charming. He knows how to say the right thing.
He knows now not to go after Amy Klobuchar unless he is prepared to be scolded.
Pete should run for House Congress or the Senate and earn his stripes.

The only real comeback for that question is that Trump did it, so why can't a guy who is smarter and who has political aspirations do it?

I don't want Pete to get the nomination because I do think he's too green and too unknown, but again, Trump did it and he screwed things royally. Pete can't do much worse.

hermit
How did Trump screw things royally? Are you personally screwed? Are we hurting as a country?
Or are you still suffering from TDS because your girl Hillary lost?
Or maybe it's your wealth envy that has a hard time with a billionaire in the White HOuse?
How are we screwed?

Mayor Pete is young, smart, and charming. He knows how to say the right thing.
He knows now not to go after Amy Klobuchar unless he is prepared to be scolded.
Pete should run for House Congress or the Senate and earn his stripes.

Those are not executive positions, and should not be a path to the presidency. Governor is the way to go.

What qualifies him is that he is patriotic and has served and loves his country. He is intelligent and brave, not a cowardly draft-dodging liar. Buttigieg would do what's best for this country, not for Russia and Mr. Putin. He isn't emotionally retarded wearing his emotions on his sleeve and becoming unhinged at every little perceived slight. He has character, a spine and is willing to serve this country, not just himself. He would unite the country and respect our allies, not just spew nonsense and hateful vitriol.

Pete Buttigieg is all the things that Commander Bone Spurs is not, all those things qualify him for President of the United States of America.

You could very well be right. But he won't get the nomination.
You really think America is ready for a male president with a first husband?

If "worked" means "make Americans poorer" then yes, they worked.

How do Americans end up being poorer when a) jobs are plentiful, b) taxes are lower, c) real wages are increasing, and d) the stock market has had a tremendous jump in 3 years.?
How are we poorer? Or is that a mindless Democrat talking point you heard on CNN?

You could very well be right. But he won't get the nomination.
You really think America is ready for a male president with a first husband?

He might get the nomination, but he won't win against the incumbent.

I think he screwed himself out of the nomination by tweeting and honoring Travon Martin though.... A kid dead because of first degree assault...

You don't honor criminal activity. Even many of the democrats who spoke out against Zimmerman know martin was a thug. I think this will set him back tomorrow.

Far more experience than Barack Hussein Obama had.

From a public service standpoint, you are absolutely right.
But Pete is not black and he is definitely short on the likability factor - unlike Obama.

The only real comeback for that question is that Trump did it, so why can't a guy who is smarter and who has political aspirations do it?

I don't want Pete to get the nomination because I do think he's too green and too unknown, but again, Trump did it and he screwed things royally. Pete can't do much worse.

A perfectly decent answer.

However, if one of any given person's main arguments against Donald Trump being the President of the United States was his lack of substantive political experience, one cannot then turn around and push for someone who is pretty much equally inexperienced.

From a public service standpoint, you are absolutely right.
But Pete is not black and he is definitely short on the likability factor - unlike Obama.

True, people elect their presidents with the same ignorance as electing the high school queen and king.

Popularity...

A perfectly decent answer.

However, if one of any given person's main arguments against Donald Trump being the President of the United States was his lack of substantive political experience, one cannot then turn around and push for someone who is pretty much equally inexperienced.

My thoughts exactly.

Anyone who would criticize Trump as being ineligible or unfit for office on the basis of his inexperience (which is indeed a perfectly valid point) has exactly zero (0) business pushing Buttigieg.

He might get the nomination, but he won't win against the incumbent.

I think he screwed himself out of the nomination by tweeting and honoring Travon Martin though.... A kid dead because of first degree assault...

You don't honor criminal activity. Even many of the democrats who spoke out against Zimmerman know martin was a thug. I think this will set him back tomorrow.

Honoring Trayvon is an easy sop to black voters. Don't matter that Zimmerman was getting his skull bashed in until he pulled out his gun in self defense.
That Trayvon quip could be worth lots of votes depending on the state.

Honoring Trayvon is an easy sop to black voters. Don't matter that Zimmerman was getting his skull bashed in until he pulled out his gun in self defense.
That Trayvon quip could be worth lots of votes depending on the state.

I agree. I believe he was at 2% of black voters. Still, I think it will be a net loss for him.

My thoughts exactly.

Anyone who would criticize Trump as being ineligible or unfit for office on the basis of his inexperience (which is indeed a perfectly valid point) has exactly zero (0) business pushing Buttigieg.

I disagree with the president not being qualified. Running corporations is being in executive positions. It's a different widget, but the levels of setting a direction in the structure is very much the same.

How do Americans end up being poorer when a) jobs are plentiful, b) taxes are lower, c) real wages are increasing, and d) the stock market has had a tremendous jump in 3 years.?
How are we poorer? Or is that a mindless Democrat talking point you heard on CNN?

Tariffs are taxes, and who do you think pays them?

He was mayor of a city of slightly over 100,000 for 8 years. He wants to control the largest economy in the world, the largest military in the world but what experience does he have that says this is a good bet?

Buttigieg is shallow in what I would consider relevant experience. Experience, on the other hand, tends to be subjective in terms of leading a large organization. The better question is, "What are the qualifying characteristics of a president?" In that regard, I think Buttigieg can be a president. He might even be able to be a really good president.

Which is more experience than Trumptard had and he didn’t bankrupt anything like trump did. We get it, you hate gays.

Seeing as he didn't say anything about Pete being gay. One can only assume that you're just projecting at this point.

But she was/is a loony tune. Pete is by no means one of those. Maybe he's just a stable genius and who can hold back a stable genius?

Pete is a rabid anti-American leftist fascist, much worse than Sarah ever could be. Sarah was inexperienced and naive. Pete is inexperienced, naive, and an anti-American leftist fascist. He has no chance.

Back
Top Bottom