• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What qualifies Pete Buttigieg to be President of the United States?

Political skill, most specifically knowing where the people were when no one else did.

Do you have any more questions in need of answering?

I might be able to help!

:cowboy:

Are you referring to the people he knows about on the Colorado - Mexico border? :monkey

:2funny:

I literally posted an animated GIF of a Tina Fey comedy quote WITH TINA FEY AND NOT SARAH PALIN IN THE GIF.

So. You want to accuse me of saying anything else that I absolutely did not say? :laughat:

That has been so overly done those years ago.

What qualifies Pete Buttigieg to be President of the United States?

he's over thirty five.
he can speak in complete, coherent English sentences.
he doesn't wear clown paint and yell lies and stupid things in public.
if he became the CEO of my company, i wouldn't immediately start looking for another job.

i know that any of these could describe my neighbor who i have only had passing interactions with, but my neighbor would also be more qualified to be president than Dimbulb.

He was mayor of a city of slightly over 100,000 for 8 years. He wants to control the largest economy in the world, the largest military in the world but what experience does he have that says this is a good bet?

He is 35 (or older) and is an American citizen. Are there any other actual qualifications required? Personally, based on his age, he is the last person I would vote for of the current crop of Democrat candidates. Why he has been as successful thus far is because he has got a lot of beg money donors supporting his campaign. He is very good at rehearsing his lines. He is very good at determining what people want to hear.

Buttigieg is shallow in what I would consider relevant experience. Experience, on the other hand, tends to be subjective in terms of leading a large organization. The better question is, "What are the qualifying characteristics of a president?" In that regard, I think Buttigieg can be a president. He might even be able to be a really good president.

Much of a president's perceived success is largely based on how the economy is doing, which by and large is something that person has minimal control over. In that regard ANY of us can be a "good" president. Many of the other decisions they make are largely assessed based on political bias and there are also many decisions in which are 50/50 which is better.

And anyone who thinks Sarah Palin said "I can see Russia from my house" is a total spoon fed fool. It has been repeatedly proven that she did not say that.

Correct as far as those exact words. Do you know what she really said?:

Did Sarah Palin Say: 'I Can See Russia from My House'?

The basis for the line was Governor Palin’s 11 September 2008 appearance on ABC News, her first major interview after being tapped as the vice-presidential nominee. During that appearance, interviewer Charles Gibson asked her what insight she had gained from living so close to Russia, and she responded: “They’re our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska”.

Pulling out the ugly knives already, huh?

Party of Trump members are buried deep up Trump's nether regions. It's all they can see therefore they are blind and deaf to all other possibilities.

As for Mayor Pete; he has more executive experience than a community organizer and a reality TV show host. That said, I think he's still a bit young for the job. OTOH, he can't f*** it up any worse than Trump sooooo.......

When criticizing how others speak you better be certain you speak correctly, or it just makes you look hypocritical and uneducated. Like your previous post. My suggestion to you is that you brush up on your English before you criticize others for their English.

You must be a native English American because you speak fluent idiot. Get off my dick.

1. He is not qualified to run for the presidency.

2. He should set his sights on being the governor of his state.

3. Then he should ask the people to elect him as their Senator.

4. Furthermore, most Americans are not now ready for a person with his personal life. And, because of the rapidly changing population profile in this country, they may never be ready.

All true. Did anyone see Buttigieg victory speech last night! It's awful tiring to listen to this guy who claims 2nd & 3rd place finishes
are victories. Will he assign his predicted 4th or 5th place in South Carolina a victory next Tuesday night. He should get out now
to avoid the embarrassment of less than 10% support in more than half of the Super Tuesday states & not even a second place finish
on the horizon.

he's over thirty five.
he can speak in complete, coherent English sentences.
he doesn't wear clown paint and yell lies and stupid things in public.
if he became the CEO of my company, i wouldn't immediately start looking for another job.

i know that any of these could describe my neighbor who i have only had passing interactions with, but my neighbor would also be more qualified to be president than Dimbulb.

The lint in my dryer trap is more qualified to be president than the asshole who's farting Big Mac stains into the Resolute desk chair.

You must be a native English American because you speak fluent idiot. Get off my dick.

"You must be a native English American because you speak fluent English."

There, I fixed it for you. Your inability to use the English language was showing, yet again. You certainly have no room to be critical of anyone's usage of the English language since you have such a tenuous grip on the language yourself.

Hypocrisy is the defining trait among leftists.

"You must be a native English American because you speak fluent English."

There, I fixed it for you. Your inability to use the English language was showing, yet again. You certainly have no room to be critical of anyone's usage of the English language since you have such a tenuous grip on the language yourself.

Hypocrisy is the defining trait among leftists.

There is not a fraction of a doubt in my mind that I know, speak, and write English many, many times better than you do. But you can pick it or any of the other four languages in which I am fluent to pick a fight with me. How many languages do you speak?

yep, just like the left makes claims about Trump and never recognizes a single positive result of his term thus far.

Yeah, **** the left, right? Why can't they follow the good example of Republicans during Democratic presidencies?

There is not a fraction of a doubt in my mind that I know, speak, and write English many, many times better than you do. But you can pick it or any of the other four languages in which I am fluent to pick a fight with me. How many languages do you speak?

You certainly haven't demonstrated your English ability in this thread. Or do you need to be reminded of your many mistakes? It is rather sad and pathetic that you resort to bragging about abilities you clearly don't possess. Next you will be telling me about your 23 PhDs and your 17 Nobel Prizes. It is obviously a pathetic cry for attention.

You certainly haven't demonstrated your English ability in this thread. Or do you need to be reminded of your many mistakes? It is rather sad and pathetic that you resort to bragging about abilities you clearly don't possess. Next you will be telling me about your 23 PhDs and your 17 Nobel Prizes. It is obviously a pathetic cry for attention.

How many languages do you speak? Since you've avoided that question three times and based on your presentation, you're an American who speaks English and only English and has the unique habit among a certain type of modestly educated Americans of criticizing people who know mountains more about languages and linguistics than you do. Why am I not surprised?

Which part is untrue? The popular vote and the House represent the people, the Senate and the Electoral College represent the States.

Yet neither are actually a majority and seeing the amount of support that was fantasized about the impeachment, not to mention how the democrats had to literally threaten their own to even get that vote in all the way.

You're pretty much lying to someone when you say that "the people" voted to impeach him. If that were true, then you'd have more than just the democrats who voted on it.

You'd be more correct is saying that the democrats couldn't actually prove their case and ****ed themselves over by trying to use the impeachment as a political smear tool.
But your post seems more like an excuse for why that avenue of attack ultimately failed.

Back
Top Bottom