• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What happens when Trump is acquitted?

That is one giant leap mate, America has a pretty bad track record of holding its powerful people accountable, I would not count on that.

Yup.

And Haillary walked away from hers.

And Obama walked away from his.

DC sure is a mess, and I agree with you, America does have a pretty bad track record of holding its powerful people accountable.

Considering you’ve been pissed ever since the emancipation proclamation I don’t really care about your thoughts on black face.

Your PM is keeping blackface alive. Is he going to dance a jig, next? :lamo

Start another impeachment inquiry.

Well, there you go again. But given tRumps track record, and if when acquitted he will be emboldened and more reckless. Anyone else would think; Whew got by that one, I better cheese. But not tRump, I wouldn't be the least surprised if he pulls another bone head move and get's himself impeached again. Earning himself the dubious distinction of being the only president to be impeached more than once.

What if the Democrats succeeded in removing Trump? Goodbye Constitution. One party rule from now on.

Anytime a president loses the majority in the House, an impeachment proceeding with be the next order of business for the House.
After all, it has been reduced to being little more than a political weapon now, and having been used as such, there's little appetite for restraint or statesmanship in DC anymore.

One can only hope that Trump gains some sense and starts reining in his behavior. Starts acting like a human being and not like a dictator.

Also, I look forward to the GOP losing badly in the upcoming elections. Trump fatigue has captured the nation.

That's hilarious coming from the party that thinks Democrats are terrorists and the Constitution should only apply to Trump when it's convenient for him. One party rule? I have about a dozen sig lines from DP people on the Right who think they should enjoy one party rule from now on.

Hypocrisy.
I agree that everything you said was hypocrisy.

Anytime a president loses the majority in the House, an impeachment proceeding with be the next order of business for the House.
After all, it has been reduced to being little more than a political weapon now, and having been used as such, there's little appetite for restraint or statesmanship in DC anymore.
All true. Imagine if it worked. :fueltofir:eek:

I agree that everything you said was hypocrisy.

No, actually you agree that you'll be perfectly okay when a crooked and corrupt Democratic POTUS uses what they've learned to get away with just about anything. Ponder that as you celebrate Trump's acquittal because there will be more acquittals to come in the future, but not the kind you might like.

From this night forward, when a president commits a crime or other act against the Constitution, they will be able to defy Congress and just circle the wagons, refuse to hand over anything and get all their party loyalists to circle the wagons. And with Democrats also in charge of both houses in Congress, who knows what they might get away with.

No, actually you agree that you'll be perfectly okay when a crooked and corrupt Democratic POTUS uses what they've learned to get away with just about anything. Ponder that as you celebrate Trump's acquittal because there will be more acquittals to come in the future, but not the kind you might like.

From this night forward, when a president commits a crime or other act against the Constitution, they will be able to defy Congress and just circle the wagons, refuse to hand over anything and get all their party loyalists to circle the wagons. And with Democrats also in charge of both houses in Congress, who knows what they might get away with.
Don't be absurd. We already went through that scenario. Ponder what Clinton's acquittal means now. He was guilty of actual crimes. Trump isn't.

Don't be absurd. We already went through that scenario. Ponder what Clinton's acquittal means now. He was guilty of actual crimes. Trump isn't.

No we didn't.
We went through a scenario that took place before Trump, which is like the difference between B.C. and A.D. only this is A.T., After Trump.
But you go ahead and keep telling yourself it can't happen here as you **** over the Constitution and sacrifice country for the glory of party.

You guys have now set a brand new precedent.
And seeing as how apparently NO crime rises to the level of removal from office, go ahead and impeach all you like. We'll just do the same thing you've done this week, and nothing will remove any future president from office no matter how hard you try.
You have written the playbook on how to get away with literally anything, and I guarantee you that playbook WILL be used against you.

'defy Congress'? Since when is the Executive Branch of the federal government subjective to the Legislative Branch of the federal government? My US civics education always stated that those two branches of government were co-equal branches of government along with the third, the Judicial Branch. Now, if there's a dispute between the Executive and the Legislative Branch, it is the third branch that hears the case and settles the dispute. Such is the regular established order, established legal precedence. Why is the House majority unwilling to live by them? Why is the House majority unable to live by them?

Animus at losing a presidential election nor hatred of a president is insufficient reason to cast asunder regular established order and established legal precedence. If allowed to ignore these, what else will the House Majority party demand be ignored in their favor? What other rules of law will they demand to be ignored in their ceaseless quest for political power? Everything? 'Just give us all the political power and everything will be all right'? :lamo Not just NO! Oh Hell No!

In the present case, the 1/2 of the Legislative Branch didn't bother with seeking a resolution to the dispute, i.e. the Executive Branch handing over nothing and asserting Executive Privilege (which is their right to do so, by the way), nor did the House majority bother with including actual charges raising to impeachable offenses in their articles of impeachment, nor bother with making the impeachment resolution bi-partisan. :shrug: Seems the House majority did barely 1/2 the work required of them for a successful impeachment proceeding.

I wouldn't celebrate Trump's acquittal just because he was acquitted. I would celebrate that the Constitution was upheld. I'd celebrate that a politically driven, politically motivated impeachment that didn't bother to go through the established dispute resolution process, that didn't bother to include impeachable offenses in their articles of impeachment, one that was strictly by party lines, didn't succeed in a conviction. I'd celebrate that the use of impeachment as a political weapon was defeated.

You assert that 'there will be more acquittals to come in the future'. It depends if the House majority continue to bring impeachments with scant evidence and scant impeachable charges. If they do, then further acquittals would be well justified. If the House majority do bring an impeachment with impeachable changes and solid evidence to back them, then an acquittal is most certainly not appropriate.

Should we find ourselves with an opposition majority in both houses of congress, I would hope that the same requirements of impeachable offenses, solid evidence, and bi-partisan support of the impeachment would hold. We've seen how divisive a party line impeachment in only the House has worsened the nation, can you imagine how much worse it would be if it were the case in both houses of congress upheld impeachment by party line vote with present non-impeachable offenses and lacking of compelling evidence?

Clinton was guilty of lying about an affair. Trump is guilty of lying and cheating to win re-election and putting national security at risk.

Clinton was guilty of lying about an affair. Trump is guilty of lying and cheating to win re-election and putting national security at risk.
Clinton lied in a sexual harassment case.

The second part is a joke in poor taste.

No we didn't.
We went through a scenario that took place before Trump, which is like the difference between B.C. and A.D. only this is A.T., After Trump.
But you go ahead and keep telling yourself it can't happen here as you **** over the Constitution and sacrifice country for the glory of party.

You guys have now set a brand new precedent.
And seeing as how apparently NO crime rises to the level of removal from office, go ahead and impeach all you like. We'll just do the same thing you've done this week, and nothing will remove any future president from office no matter how hard you try.
You have written the playbook on how to get away with literally anything, and I guarantee you that playbook WILL be used against you.
You talked about a crooked and corrupt Democratic President. That's Clinton.

He committed crimes that you will find in the criminal code--lying to federal law enforcement, perjury, suborning perjury, witness tampering, obstruction of an official investigation. The Democrats had to make things up because Trump has not done anything wrong.

The irony is, I don't think his base will like what will happen. They don't want it to happen.

But they enabled it! The real Pandora's Box. The real be careful what you wish for! Does McConnell really want this?

Please. The President’s base doesn’t know what it wants other than pissing off the libs and following the party line one incoherent day after another.

You couldn’t find yourself a better pack of useless masochists unless you built a time machine and whisked yourself back to the Stalin-era American Communist Party.

Whatever happens to them as a result of their mindless devotion, they deserve to get it good and hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Clinton lied in a sexual harassment case.

The second part is a joke in poor taste.

You talked about a crooked and corrupt Democratic President. That's Clinton.

He committed crimes that you will find in the criminal code--lying to federal law enforcement, perjury, suborning perjury, witness tampering, obstruction of an official investigation. The Democrats had to make things up because Trump has not done anything wrong.

Clinton left a stain on a dress. Trump left a stain on the country.

Clinton left a stain on a dress. Trump left a stain on the country.
Stain on your ego maybe.

Trump has been a good President. Little details like that seem to slip by you.

Some may shudder.

Close your eyes and imagine this. Trump invited foreign interference in our Presidential election again -- the first time in 2016. Trump tried to bribe a foreign leader. Trump completely ignores Congress (Obstruction of Congress). Trump is declared innocent of all charges by the Republican Senate.

Trump is elected to another four years in office without the concerns of reelection which dominated his persona since Jan. 21, 2017 the first time.

He would be the most powerful man on the planet, and he would be unleashed. Already he ignores the American people. Answering only to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and "Fox and Friends," he avoids press conferences and the White House press corps. Now we add Congress to the list. He will simply ignore what our representatives do and say. Already, Trump has hijacked the power of the purse, thanks to a complicit Congress.

He will rule with complete impunity for four more years (or more). That is the power the Senate will give him, and why? Because they are scared of Trump's base.

The irony is, I don't think his base will like what will happen. They don't want it to happen.

But they enabled it! The real Pandora's Box. The real be careful what you wish for! Does McConnell really want this?
But its not just fear. They got what they were really bargaining for. They got a regressive tax break for their billionaire constituancies and they got all those federal appellate and two SCOTUS justices and that was real paydirt, worth selling out their principles, their ideology, their country and their party for. They were not just extorted or coerced into supporting Trump. They were simultaneously bribed.

What happens when Trump is acquitted?

He'll just have that monkey on his back called impeached Prez

It's not very good on his inflated ego

That's all

As much as a dislike the man, I'll gladly put up with his tweets and boorish behavior for another 4 years, especially after considering what O'Biden, Old Bernie, and Pocahontas have proposed so far.

Bloomberg can go to hell!

Donald Trump hates millions of Americans and tolerates only those who flatter his narcissism. His rule is based on division and that he enjoys so much popularity indicates the weakness of the American system of government. Far too much power resides in the hands of one man who exercises more power than typical kings in constitutional monarchies.

As much as a dislike the man, I'll gladly put up with his tweets and boorish behavior for another 4 years, especially after considering what O'Biden, Old Bernie, and Pocahontas have proposed so far.

Bloomberg can go to hell!

You make me so proud to be an American

Donald Trump hates millions of Americans and tolerates only those who flatter his narcissism. His rule is based on division and that he enjoys so much popularity indicates the weakness of the American system of government. Far too much power resides in the hands of one man who exercises more power than typical kings in constitutional monarchies.

Hates millions of Americans?

Rules on division?

Got any more non substantiated BS to offer?

What will happen is this:

1. The GOP will continue to lose seats and become a solid minority in the HOuse.

2. The President will continue to alienate the voters in MI, WI, and PA, as well as AZ, NC, GA, and FL.

3. Trump will be smashed, metaphorically, every time from now on when he breaks the law.

4. Mexico, Canada, EU, and China will continue to force him to his knees of economic deals.

5. Trump's voters, the TDS people, are going to be crying in their beer this November.

I pray you are right and I don't even believe in a god.

Praying is OK, even if you are an agni-theist, but God and the great voting majority in America have no use for Trump

Hates millions of Americans?

Rules on division?

Got any more non substantiated BS to offer?

Trump is the least trusted president in the history of polling. Two-thirds of Americans regard him as dishonest. Sixty-one percent say he does not respect democracy.

With the departure of Secretary of Defense James Mattis at the end of 2018, there is no figure left in the administration who does command broad respect from the public, Congress, or American allies—who can credibly step forward and say, “This time, the president is not lying.”

Even the White House press secretary has given up. Unlike her two predecessors, who lied to the media’s face, the current holder of the office, Stephanie Grisham, has abandoned press briefings entirely.

Back
Top Bottom