• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What happens when Trump is acquitted?

He did his own version of the Auto Bailout to paper over the mess he made for our farmers.

If he hadn't made a mess for the farmers, then China wouldn't have been backed into a corner. Now that China is coming out of that corner they will have to choose between going even deeper back into it or just having stink eyes when he bombs North Korea.

Anyway, once the dems losing on impeachment is to make the world mad at the Senate so the Senators will be less likely to take on Trump's pick to replace RBG this year if she drops dead gambit is over, Trump will probably win unless the nominee is Bloomberg.

Hell, if any D wins the nomination, we'll have Trump until 2024.

Nah. Any of the moderates can beat him. The Independents will decide this election. They don't want fringe candidates like Bernie.

Golf, watch Fox, tweet, hang out at his properties getting them millions in tax dollars, picking names from the Federalist Society list for judges, signing Republican-approved bills, lying 15,000 times. Did I miss much?

If that is what it takes to unscrew the country from the god-awful Obama years , SO BE IT!

Golf, watch Fox, tweet, hang out at his properties getting them millions in tax dollars, picking names from the Federalist Society list for judges, signing Republican-approved bills, lying 15,000 times. Did I miss much?

Seems pretty complete.

What if the Democrats succeeded in removing Trump? Goodbye Constitution. One party rule from now on.

That's hilarious coming from the party that thinks Democrats are terrorists and the Constitution should only apply to Trump when it's convenient for him.
One party rule? I have about a dozen sig lines from DP people on the Right who think they should enjoy one party rule from now on.

Hypocrisy.

Nah. Any of the moderates can beat him. The Independents will decide this election. They don't want fringe candidates like Bernie.

Independents will decide the election anyway.

A few things.

Screwed up our trade policy so badly that taxpayers are bailing out farmers hurt by his tariffs to the tune of some $28 billion a year. That's more than the State Department's entire budget. Also that of NASA and children's health insurance.
Undermined our justice department, our relations with key strategic allies, and our general standing in the world.
Built 93 miles of wall, a thousand or two short of his promises. And we're paying for it, not Mexico.
Made it harder to people to get health insurance, the opposite of what he promised.
Exploded the deficit.
Betrayed our allies, the Kurds.
Betrayed our allies, the Ukrainians.
Cozied up to Putin and Orban and Erdoğan and other dictators.
Plotted to get Ukraine to interfere with our 2020 election.
Spread false conspiracy theories like it was Ukraine, not Russia, that interfered with our 2016 election.
Weakened protections for our water and air.
Worsened climate change in many ways.

That's just what comes to mind.

Last edited:
He did his own version of the Auto Bailout to paper over the mess he made for our farmers.

Yeah. With two key differences.

1. The auto bailout was half as costly as the farmer bailout.
2. The auto bailout was a loan, and was paid back. The farmer bailout is just money gone forever.

True, I should have added his crazy China tariff war and the farmer bailouts to protect his 'base', not the rest of the country.

None of the Democratic candidates will be able to inspire enough of the base and the independents to come out and vote.

LOL. Look forward to the look of surprise on your face. Remember 2018 and the special elections since?

LOL. Look forward to the look of surprise on your face. Remember 2018 and the special elections since?

If they win, I'll be pleasantly surprised. A lot can happen in 2 years. Past performance is no guarantee of future results...

thread Title:What happens when Trump is acquitted?

Depends on how acquittal happens. If its acquittal without witnesses and documents it will be considered a sham by the vast majority of Americans that want witnesses and documents. There will be hell to pay for both Trump and the GOP in the 2020 elections. Plus is there any doubt that Trump will try some next insane, whacked out scheme to cheat his way to a 2020 win, will get caught and will sink himself even deeper in Trumpian sewage. Of course he will. There is too much time between now and November and this is really all Trump does, scheme to cheat. A good day for DonDon in NY real estate was a day that included screwing somebody over. A bad day was a day that he simply let go by without doing so.

Notice that Trump's entire Impeachment bluff is not really panning out as it was perceived by him and his supporters. Trump blustered that Impeachment would help his 2020 effort and dared the House to Impeach him. He literally forced the House to Impeach him. Trump actually forced both Articles on himself. As Pelosi is fond of saying, Trump self-Impeached.

Impeachment is not h not helping him and the only form of Acquittal that will help him is if the Senate Trial includes Witnesses allowed to speak and documents.

Smooth move DonDon, real smooth.

Some may shudder.

Close your eyes and imagine this. Trump invited foreign interference in our Presidential election again -- the first time in 2016. Trump tried to bribe a foreign leader. Trump completely ignores Congress (Obstruction of Congress). Trump is declared innocent of all charges by the Republican Senate.

Trump is elected to another four years in office without the concerns of reelection which dominated his persona since Jan. 21, 2017 the first time.

He would be the most powerful man on the planet, and he would be unleashed. Already he ignores the American people. Answering only to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and "Fox and Friends," he avoids press conferences and the White House press corps. Now we add Congress to the list. He will simply ignore what our representatives do and say. Already, Trump has hijacked the power of the purse, thanks to a complicit Congress.

He will rule with complete impunity for four more years (or more). That is the power the Senate will give him, and why? Because they are scared of Trump's base.

The irony is, I don't think his base will like what will happen. They don't want it to happen.

But they enabled it! The real Pandora's Box. The real be careful what you wish for! Does McConnell really want this?

tenor.gif

Especially powerful people who haven't committed a crime. If he'd done black face like your own prime minister, that might be different.

Considering you’ve been pissed ever since the emancipation proclamation I don’t really care about your thoughts on black face.

That is one giant leap mate, America has a pretty bad track record of holding its powerful people accountable, I would not count on that.

True; but we can still dream, can't we? :)

That is one giant leap mate, America has a pretty bad track record of holding its powerful people accountable, I would not count on that.
Yep.

Nixon walked away from burglary, Reagan walked away from illegal weapons sales, Bush walked away from torture, etc.

It's especially true of Republican presidents, which is why Trump's impeachment was a long time coming.

If he hadn't made a mess for the farmers, then China wouldn't have been backed into a corner. Now that China is coming out of that corner they will have to choose between going even deeper back into it or just having stink eyes when he bombs North Korea.
Anyway, once the dems losing on impeachment is to make the world mad at the Senate so the Senators will be less likely to take on Trump's pick to replace RBG this year if she drops dead gambit is over, Trump will probably win unless the nominee is Bloomberg.

The "Mission Accomplished" moment for Trump's China campaign.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Agreed. Look at Hillary, Bill, GW, etc.

Trump will probably win reelection. I'm curious to see how far he'll go in his second term before even the Republicans get tired of him.

This happens.
crying for hillary.jpg

The "Mission Accomplished" moment for Trump's China campaign.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Having a nuclear warhead is one thing. Building ICBM's is another. I suspect that is stiffening the resolve to take military action.

Some may shudder.

Close your eyes and imagine this. Trump invited foreign interference in our Presidential election again -- the first time in 2016. Trump tried to bribe a foreign leader. Trump completely ignores Congress (Obstruction of Congress). Trump is declared innocent of all charges by the Republican Senate.

Trump is elected to another four years in office without the concerns of reelection which dominated his persona since Jan. 21, 2017 the first time.

He would be the most powerful man on the planet, and he would be unleashed. Already he ignores the American people. Answering only to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and "Fox and Friends," he avoids press conferences and the White House press corps. Now we add Congress to the list. He will simply ignore what our representatives do and say. Already, Trump has hijacked the power of the purse, thanks to a complicit Congress.

He will rule with complete impunity for four more years (or more). That is the power the Senate will give him, and why? Because they are scared of Trump's base.

The irony is, I don't think his base will like what will happen. They don't want it to happen.

But they enabled it! The real Pandora's Box. The real be careful what you wish for! Does McConnell really want this?

The American People, for the most part will know, without doubt, that the GOP has lost its way and become nothing more than minions for their new master. The sooner the American Voters changes this balance the better for Nation.

Some may shudder.

Trump's base hates the Constitution and they always have hated it.

The vast number of 'em are Putin-Trump Rowers. As such they want and are working for what you reference, ie, a republic without democracy.

Back
Top Bottom