• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What happens when Trump is acquitted?

Some may shudder.

Close your eyes and imagine this. Trump invited foreign interference in our Presidential election again -- the first time in 2016. Trump tried to bribe a foreign leader. Trump completely ignores Congress (Obstruction of Congress). Trump is declared innocent of all charges by the Republican Senate.

Trump is elected to another four years in office without the concerns of reelection which dominated his persona since Jan. 21, 2017 the first time.

He would be the most powerful man on the planet, and he would be unleashed. Already he ignores the American people. Answering only to Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and "Fox and Friends," he avoids press conferences and the White House press corps. Now we add Congress to the list. He will simply ignore what our representatives do and say. Already, Trump has hijacked the power of the purse, thanks to a complicit Congress.

He will rule with complete impunity for four more years (or more). That is the power the Senate will give him, and why? Because they are scared of Trump's base.

The irony is, I don't think his base will like what will happen. They don't want it to happen.

But they enabled it! The real Pandora's Box. The real be careful what you wish for! Does McConnell really want this?

Trump is the secret President. He does not want to inform the American people about what he is doing and efforts to defend his actions are filled with lies. He prefers communicating with his base via one-way tweets so that no one can question him publicly.

Oh, sure, he is a television whore who often initiates news conferences. News conferences where he is in full control, meaning he will answer only those questions he likes, drone on for long periods to discourage follow-up questions, and ends the news conference whenever he likes. Often he holds news conferences on the White House lawn to the tune of Marine One's chopper blades. Everyone has to shout, including himself, and reporters' questions can't be heard. This is Trump's idea of a news conference.

Trump has cancelled all press conferences by his press secretary and he will not hold solo, full-fledged press conferences. He is scared to death of the White House Press Corps.

Essentially, Trump is a coward, afraid to answer to the American people. Trump's fans often compare Trump to Obama. Please allow me to do so to illustrate my point. At this point in his Presidency Obama had 66 press conferences. Trump has had 23. By this time in his Presidency, Obama had answered to the American people with solo press conferences 25 times. Trump has had two, and both were unmitigated disasters where he ended up lashing out at reporters to avoid answering their questions. It is why he will not hold another solo press conference. Presidential News Conferences | The American Presidency Project

All this means, Trump refuses to communicate with the American people. This will continue if he is reelected. The secret Presidency for another four years.

Is this what we want? Is this what his base wants? When they really think about it, I don't think so.

Trouble is, they won't admit it.

Trump is the secret President. He does not want to inform the American people about what he is doing and efforts to defend his actions are filled with lies. He prefers communicating with his base via one-way tweets so that no one can question him publicly.

Essentially, Trump is a coward, afraid to answer to the American people. Trump's fans often compare Trump to Obama. Please allow me to do so to illustrate my point. At this point in his Presidency Obama had 66 press conferences. Trump has had 23. By this time in his Presidency, Obama had answered to the American people with solo press conferences 25 times. Trump has had two, and both were unmitigated disasters where he ended up lashing out at reporters to avoid answering their questions.

You don't see twitter as a direct form of communication?

No, in your warped and twisted world the truth has to go through the washing machine of the liberal media before it can be presented to the American public.

You can drop the act. Us conservatives know you intend to remove Trump from office just as fast as possible.

List of his crimes is pretty long. Plus he preaches bigotry far worse that black face.
Name one since he took the oath.

Oh, sure, he is a television whore who often initiates news conferences. News conferences where he is in full control, meaning he will answer only those questions he likes, drone on for long periods to discourage follow-up questions, and ends the news conference whenever he likes. Often he holds news conferences on the White House lawn to the tune of Marine One's chopper blades. Everyone has to shout, including himself, and reporters' questions can't be heard. This is Trump's idea of a news conference.

Trump has cancelled all press conferences by his press secretary and he will not hold solo, full-fledged press conferences. He is scared to death of the White House Press Corps.

Essentially, Trump is a coward, afraid to answer to the American people. Trump's fans often compare Trump to Obama. Please allow me to do so to illustrate my point. At this point in his Presidency Obama had 66 press conferences. Trump has had 23. By this time in his Presidency, Obama had answered to the American people with solo press conferences 25 times. Trump has had two, and both were unmitigated disasters where he ended up lashing out at reporters to avoid answering their questions. It is why he will not hold another solo press conference. Presidential News Conferences | The American Presidency Project

All this means, Trump refuses to communicate with the American people. This will continue if he is reelected. The secret Presidency for another four years.

Is this what we want? Is this what his base wants? When they really think about it, I don't think so.

Trouble is, they won't admit it.
You won't admit that he's an open book. Where does that leave us?

No, in your warped and twisted world the truth has to go through the washing machine of the liberal media before it can be presented to the American public.

You can drop the act. Us conservatives know you intend to remove Trump from office just as fast as possible.

Yes, Twitter is a form of communication. Trump craps his brains out on it daily and our military famously commented that they don't take orders from Twitter.

Why the personal attacks? Why do you make personal insults against a person who states their opinion of a political leader?

Start another impeachment inquiry.

Yeah - rinse & repeat.

But also...

More baseless/hysterical conspiracy theories about:

- Nazis

- Putin

- Ukraine

- That he's a fascist dictator who will refuse to leave office in 2025

- THE ECONOMY IS ABOUT TO CRASH! :eek:

- Etc.

- Etc.

With Democrats, it's like 1st form all over again.

:donkeyfla

Name one since he took the oath.

The emoluments clause and soliciting foreign involvement in US elections.

You won't admit that he's an open book. Where does that leave us?

Waiting for documents and witnesses. There is a difference between an obviously corrupt open book, and a guy who opens his books.

Yes, Twitter is a form of communication. Trump craps his brains out on it daily and our military famously commented that they don't take orders from Twitter.

Why the personal attacks? Why do you make personal insults against a person who states their opinion of a political leader?

Why all the personal attacks against Trump? You can dish it out but you can't take it?

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Yeah - rinse & repeat.

But also...

More baseless/hysterical conspiracy theories about:

- Nazis

- Putin

- Ukraine

- That he's a fascist dictator who will refuse to leave office in 2025

- THE ECONOMY IS ABOUT TO CRASH! :eek:

- Etc.

- Etc.

With Democrats, it's like 1st form all over again.

:donkeyfla

oh crap I know what this is, it's the Democrats Ground hog day!

Waiting for documents and witnesses.
That's a no, there are no charges.

There is a difference between an obviously corrupt open book, and a guy who opens his books.
:lamo The first was caught when he opened the books. That means Trump is the second.

oh crap I know what this is, it's the Democrats Ground hog day!

If it were directed by Andy Warhol, wasn't funny or touching, but was 16,732 hours long...

Sure I do, one way communication as I explained. "He prefers communicating with his base via one-way tweets so that no one can question him publicly."

Back
Top Bottom