• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What 'gay pride' is, and how it is manifested in the gay pride march.

It's pretty prominent. and it doesn't matter how insignificant it is it's there and nobody does anything about it. It's just allowed to happen.

That's why you have things like pedophiles trying to muscle in on the LGBT status.

Now you're bringing pedophiles into this? Jesus H. Christ.

No I didn't bring them into this. I'm saying they need to be muscled out.

I have no clue why you're talking about pedophiles. If you want to discuss that, create a thread.

do you not know how to read English or do you live on Mars?

why it's relevant to this thread.

Because this thread is about LGBT pride marches, not perversions?

Because this thread is about LGBT pride marches, not perversions?

LGBT pride parade seems to be at least in some part about displaying your perversions for the world to see. Have you ever been to one are you a gay man?

And yes there is an attempt to add p to the acronym.

LGBT pride parade seems to be at least in some part about displaying your perversions for the world to see. Have you ever been to one are you a gay man?

I don't care of they're trying to add P. The LGBT community themselves wouldn't allow that to happen.

Now will you please point out the perversions in this picture?

Webp.net-resizeimage (9).jpg

I don't care of they're trying to add P. The LGBT community themselves wouldn't allow that to happen.

Now will you please point out the perversions in this picture?

View attachment 67261980

Okay I didn't say it was 100% of the people at the parade.

It is absolutely present at the parade. I've been to them I know.

Okay I didn't say it was 100% of the people at the parade.

It is absolutely present at the parade. I've been to them I know.

Antifa and the white supremacists are always at events too. I guess we should condemn all of them because of them?

Antifa and the white supremacists are always at events too.
No they are not I've been to many events and never seen antifa or white supremacists there.

I guess we should condemn all of them because of them?
Or at least condemn the white supremacists and antifa. You're saying that isn't okay because there are other people there.

No they are not I've been to many events and never seen antifa or white supremacists there.
Oh really?

An Angry Conservative Driver.jpg

Or at least condemn the white supremacists and antifa. You're saying that isn't okay because there are other people there.

The point is that the small fringes do not paint the whole picture. Like I said to the other poster, he's focusing on those little things instead of the bigger picture.

Yeah really. I've never seen an actual antifa member. I have seen Klan members and skin heads living in the south as I do.

The point is that the small fringes do not paint the whole picture. Like I said to the other poster, he's focusing on those little things instead of the bigger picture.
Are gay bi or trans?

This is as powerful and eloquent an argument AGAINST IDENTITY POLITICS as ever I've come across. (I capitalize the broader subject of your post to avert petty replies, though I daresay I will be surprised if any replies are forthcoming inasmuch as your discourse runs too deep for the partisan soul to fathom.) Your discursive chops are impressive. I'm tempted to inquire about your background, so impressed am I by your writing and your thinking, but that really is none of my business, or anyone else's for that matter. Where have you been hiding? Why haven't I read a post of yours before this? (These questions are rhetorical and addressed to myself,) I assume, with eight years and over four thousand posts on your record, we've just missed each other for the different forums we frequent. In a word, a wonderful post!

Thanks. My background is unremarkable. Grew up and schooled in California, sojourned to Oklahoma for 10 years, returned to California with a wife (a teacher) and a new career in computer technology. Always interested in reading political thought and history, but became a self-taught I.T. support person, trainer, and department manager. Closed out working life, retired early from a government position (after wife passed), and endlessly yearned to write think pieces on what I loved - political and social thought.

Almost did it for publishing, but didn't. Now at 68 I am spending the winter of my life keeping myself amused in reflecting and arguing on a politics forum. I have one or two friends that have urged me to take myself more seriously, but I have neither the energy nor will to do so. As I told my UC Davis economist buddy, I am an idea man. I love to come up with an idea...but don't have the self-discipline to flesh it out with months of empirical research... I told him feel free to borrow any idea I have and run with it.

PS - I know my posts tend to be long but I write for myself, not others. But everyone is welcome to comment on them.

Oh that's what I thought. Your bad English made it difficult. So the answer is no.

So when you go to a pride parade if you do it's too support you gay friends or family members assuming you have gay friends and family members. That's appreciated. But you aren't gay this doesn't represent you're struggle. I appreciate that you don't criticize it, Lord knows we get a lot of that.

But I am gay, and this sort of thing paints a picture of us. And it's not always flattering.

So when you go to a pride parade if you do it's too support you gay friends or family members assuming you have gay friends and family members. That's appreciated. But you aren't gay this doesn't represent you're struggle. I appreciate that you don't criticize it, Lord knows we get a lot of that.

But I am gay, and this sort of thing paints a picture of us. And it's not always flattering.

I have many LGBT friends. I've gone to gay bars with them many times. Good times.

And yes I support gay pride march. If there's a few "crazies" there, then so be it. I don't let them paint an ugly picture of those marches.

I have many LGBT friends. I've gone to gay bars with them many times. Good times.

And yes I support gay pride march. If there's a few "crazies" there, then so be it. I don't let them paint an ugly picture of those marches.

That's admirable being able to see the forest for the trees. Sadly not everybody can and many of those people are able to vote and effect legislation. And the image of debauchery is seared into their minds.

The point I'm making is it that we shouldn't be giving people who drive the narrative the opportunity to color us this way.

All I've ever wanted to be is normal. I want there to be no need for a pride parade because being gay lesbian it trans isn't that significant. I want to to be treated like being Presbyterian or any other aspect nobody really cares about.

Do you know why we have the pride parade? How it started?

That's admirable being able to see the forest for the trees. Sadly not everybody can and many of those people are able to vote and effect legislation. And the image of debauchery is seared into their minds.

The point I'm making is it that we shouldn't be giving people who drive the narrative the opportunity to color us this way.

All I've ever wanted to be is normal. I want there to be no need for a pride parade because being gay lesbian it trans isn't that significant. I want to to be treated like being Presbyterian or any other aspect nobody really cares about.

Do you know why we have the pride parade? How it started?

I don't know how it started but I know it's to celebrate being gay and the freedom to be gay.

I don't know how it started but I know it's to celebrate being gay and the freedom to be gay.

Well it started in Manhattan at a bar called the Stonewall in back in 1969. The police raided it because of the LGBT people that were there. It was a different time. And they revolted.

The next year on the anniversary of the Stonewall riots you saw the first pride march. It was a protest.

Now there isn't a lot of that same sentiment toward gay people and I think the Stonewall riots played a role in that.

So I understand the purpose of the parade. It's too basically commemorate the moment America came out of the closet so to speak.

It's more to show young gay people there is a community and there are people that don't judge them. I was there, I know what it's like living in the closet.

But there is an element in it that makes it inappropriate for younger people.

Who says what is perverted?
To many, just being gays counts.

And don't come back with gay sex is not a natural act - because neither is driving a car.

Who says what is perverted?
society.
To many, just being gays counts.
This is true but they don't represent society.

And don't come back with gay sex is not a natural act - because neither is driving a car.
Seeing as I'm gay and married to a man, it isn't likely I'd ever use that argument.

Back
Top Bottom