• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What does Trump’s staying power in politics say about the country?

?

• Total voters

Winston

Give me convenience or give me death
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Trump glided through the Republican Primary, and he didn’t face a real challenger. Haley won a couple contests but, Trump never felt the pressure at all. All of this despite 4 felony cases, being found liable for sexual assault and defamation, being proven in court to be a financial fraud, losing and then trying to steal the 2020 election, and flirting with dictatorship the entire way. Yet, he remains the odds on favorite to win the Presidency this November.

He’s openly telling you he will become a dictator, or try to, and a majority of the country prefers that to Democratic governance.

What does this say about the country?

Trump glided through the Republican Primary, and he didn’t face a real challenger. Haley won a couple contests but, Trump never felt the pressure at all. All of this despite 4 felony cases, being found liable for sexual assault and defamation, being proven in court to be a financial fraud, losing and then trying to steal the 2020 election, and flirting with dictatorship the entire way. Yet, he remains the odds on favorite to win the Presidency this November.

He’s openly telling you he will become a dictator, or try to, and a majority of the country prefers that to Democratic governance.

This is the troubling part.

These cases were all arranged to discredit Trump during the election cycle. The real estate case is no more than misdemeanor caliber elevated to a felony with an abuse of the 8th amendment. The E Jean Carrol case has passed the statute of limitations. The Stormy Daniels case depends upon a confessed liars and convicted criminals testimony and again is no more than a misdemeanor charge. The classified document case is minor considering Trump had a legal right to take the papers, he was in talks with the Archivist and FBI just a few days before the raid. You also have an obvious crime by Joe Biden who took and kept classified document for 40 years that he never had a legal right to possess.
So the obvious conclusion to anyone with a brain is "Get Trump" or he is going to win the 2024 election and the democrats lose power.

There are millions of irrational and irresponsible voters out there.
Most dumb people I know tend to vote Trump as well, only because they tend to be easier to influence....
Keep in mind the voting has never been a rational thing in America. Politicians know to stir emotions if they want the vote.....

These cases were all arranged to discredit Trump during the election cycle. The real estate case is no more than misdemeanor caliber elevated to a felony with an abuse of the 8th amendment. The E Jean Carrol case has passed the statute of limitations. The Stormy Daniels case depends upon a confessed liars and convicted criminals testimony and again is no more than a misdemeanor charge. The classified document case is minor considering Trump had a legal right to take the papers, he was in talks with the Archivist and FBI just a few days before the raid. You also have an obvious crime by Joe Biden who took and kept classified document for 40 years that he never had a legal right to possess.
So the obvious conclusion to anyone with a brain is "Get Trump" or he is going to win the 2024 election and the democrats lose power.

LOL! Trump's a victim, you're a victim. The oppressors of RWE are always the least powerful and influential, the darker skin, foreign hoards
massing on the southern U.S. border.

Last edited:
Blaming it on the media is a cop out. If someone can’t or won’t inform themselves it isn’t the media’s fault.

We see it here everyday where people avoid the truth and are willfully ignorant.

We are in the middle of the modern Information age where each one of us must battle to determine the truth. One hell of a lot of Americans are going into battle unarmed. Who’s fault is that?

The truth is out there. It may require a bit of grunt work to find, but people do find it. Most who find the truth are willing to look for it and practice deductive reasoning in their effort.

The answer is the same as to the question "What does Biden's staying power say about the country?"
Biden was elected by a coalition of 42 percent white, on average the highest educated whites, and 58 percent everybody else.
IOW, Biden is of the school of what is happenjng now. The populations of California and Texas are below 40 percent white, non-hispanic.

Trump-MAGA is a walking, (circa 1954) below average educated, white hissy fit.

SR_23.12.01_BidenJudges_2.png

Last edited:
Blaming it on the media is a cop out. If someone can’t or won’t inform themselves it isn’t the media’s fault.

We see it here everyday where people avoid the truth and are willfully ignorant.

We are in the middle of the modern Information age where each one of us must battle to determine the truth. One hell of a lot of Americans are going into battle unarmed. Who’s fault is that?

The truth is out there. It may require a bit of grunt work to find, but people do find it. Most who find the truth are willing to look for it and practice deductive reasoning in their effort.

I believe it’s more of an emotional response than a rational one. Look at what happened when Fox called the election for Biden. Widespread revolt and lambasting of Fox as ‘woke’ and ‘liberal’. Information that doesn’t confirm a pro-Trump reality elicits a powerful emotional response in a cultist.

This group believes fact checkers are Soros funded liberal lie factories, trying to tell them about intellectual integrity is one hell of a battle

It's not just the Democrats who will lose power if Trump wins. It's also the GOP wing of the Uniparty along with multinational corporations and their investment firms (Globalists) who will lose power.

That's a very powerful set of people who have a vested interest in ensuring that Trump does NOT become President.

There are TRILLIONS at stake.

My own answer: Designed Ignorance as a Means to Manipulate Voters into Blind Loyalty.

Trump's continued existence is absolute proof that decades of Right-wing propaganda has done its job for the GOP. Trump's supporters are the same people who dismiss simple facts as a matter of "your education talking," so easily flipped on Global Warming in the 1990s, shrugged at the lie that sent thousands of our Troops to their deaths in Iraq, embraced the Birther Movement, embraced the Benghazi lies, embraced PizzaGate, embraced the idea that millions of illegals vote, embraced the notion of a deep state, embraced QAnon, and continue believe that Democrats stole the 2020 election.

I would have more respect for Trump supporters if they would just admit, rather than deny, deflect, and lie about their candidate. Just admit what Trump is and has done right before their very eyes, then say "I am going to vote for him anyway." Have enough integrity and own it:

“Trump is facing some 90 felony charges, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway.”

“Trump has a $465M judgement for fraud, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway.”

“Trump is a judged sex offender and has to pay near $100M for twice defaming his victim, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway.”

“Trump is about to be convicted in New York for crimes related to books and records and has already been convicted through his company 17 times for tax evasion, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway."

“Trump’s CFO, other business associates, and lawyers have gone to prison over his numerous unethical business practices and immoral behaviors, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway."

“Trump has gone bankrupt in almost every business venture that he founded, started, or has been recently adjudged for mass fraud in his current operation that he inherited from his Father, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway.”

“Trump has had bonding companies, insurance companies, banks, lenders, auditors, accountants and lawyers fire him, but I’m going to vote for him anyway."

“Trump tried, through various documented means, to overthrow American democracy, which would have rippled throughout the free democratic world and brought great comfort to America’s enemies, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway."

“Trump sent countless of his own voters to their early graves and wrecked the economy over his games and mismanagement of a global pandemic, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway.”

“Trump routinely denigrates the military, starting with mocking POWs and recently calling for the execution of an American General (his own appointed Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff), but I’m going to vote for Him anyway."

“Trump betrayed democratic and military allies, re-opened the door to an Iranian nuke, and handed great influence over the Middle East to Putin (after 12 Presidents before him denied it), but I’m going to vote for Him anyway."

“Trump failed to “close the border” in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 as millions of illegals poured across the border, failed to create infrastructure, failed to repeal Obamacare, failed to ban foreign investors in American elections, failed to not make cuts to Medicaid, failed to grow the economy by 4% a year, failed to guarantee a 6-week paid leave, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway."

“Trump did not triple ICE enforcement, did not make Mexico pay for a wall, did not remove all undocumented immigrants, did not close the border in 2017, 2018, 2019, or 2020, and just gave the order for His Republicans to reject a border Bill, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway."

Just an honest dialogue. That’s all. But no, they will either deny the reality, or pretend such truths are liberal lies, while offering no reason at all for their steadfast and blind loyalty to a man who sells them NFTs, sneakers, and other merch. I mean, Trump’s own children, who walked out of the White House with some $750M in business deals with foreign governments, won’t even write him a check for the bond that he can’t pay. What does that tell you about the man’s character when even his kids have distanced themselves and their own shady dealings from him? He’s poison. Ask any of his lawyers who have had to get lawyers, because they had to defend Trump. The man offers his loyalists absolutely nothing to be loyal about, yet, they "will vote for him anyway."

It says that rush limbaugh/fox news/donald trump know how the scare the **** out of the base to the point where they'll become traitors for them.
What is scaring the **** out of the country is Biden policies or lack of policies. Open borders, crime and inflation is more on the voters minds.

Trump bond reduced to $175 million. Almost 40% less. I guess the original was just to "Get Trump". Another strike against a corrupt judge, AG, and legal system in NY.

It's not just the Democrats who will lose power if Trump wins. It's also the GOP wing of the Uniparty along with multinational corporations and their investment firms (Globalists) who will lose power.

That's a very powerful set of people who have a vested interest in ensuring that Trump does NOT become President.

There are TRILLIONS at stake.

you think it’s a cabal of capitalists against Trump? That’s a fantasy! Trump is a capitalist.

Do you really think Trump is anti-capitalist?

What is scaring the **** out of the country is Biden policies or lack of policies. Open borders, crime and inflation is more on the voters minds.
yeah, the infrastructure act (more jobs/better communities) and the CHIPs act (more jobs/better national security) and low unemployment and higher wages and protecting a woman's right to choose really sucks.

did you know that pretty much every republican has underperformed in elections since Roe was overturned?

crime is down as is inflation. The border is closed. This is weaponized nonsense

My own answer: Designed Ignorance as a Means to Manipulate Voters into Blind Loyalty.

Trump's continued existence is absolute proof that decades of Right-wing propaganda has done its job for the GOP. Trump's supporters are the same people who dismiss simple facts as a matter of "your education talking," so easily flipped on Global Warming in the 1990s, shrugged at the lie that sent thousands of our Troops to their deaths in Iraq, embraced the Birther Movement, embraced the Benghazi lies, embraced PizzaGate, embraced the idea that millions of illegals vote, embraced the notion of a deep state, embraced QAnon, and continue believe that Democrats stole the 2020 election.

I would have more respect for Trump supporters if they would just admit, rather than deny, deflect, and lie about their candidate. Just admit what Trump is and has done right before their very eyes, then say "I am going to vote for him anyway." Have enough integrity and own it:

“Trump is facing some 90 felony charges, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway.”

“Trump has a $465M judgement for fraud, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway.”

“Trump is a judged sex offender and has to pay near $100M for twice defaming his victim, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway.”

“Trump is about to be convicted in New York for crimes related to books and records and has already been convicted through his company 17 times for tax evasion, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway."

“Trump’s CFO, other business associates, and lawyers have gone to prison over his numerous unethical business practices and immoral behaviors, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway."

“Trump has gone bankrupt in almost every business venture that he founded, started, or has been recently adjudged for mass fraud in his current operation that he inherited from his Father, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway.”

“Trump has had bonding companies, insurance companies, banks, lenders, auditors, accountants and lawyers fire him, but I’m going to vote for him anyway."

“Trump tried, through various documented means, to overthrow American democracy, which would have rippled throughout the free democratic world and brought great comfort to America’s enemies, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway."

“Trump sent countless of his own voters to their early graves and wrecked the economy over his games and mismanagement of a global pandemic, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway.”

“Trump routinely denigrates the military, starting with mocking POWs and recently calling for the execution of an American General (his own appointed Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff), but I’m going to vote for Him anyway."

“Trump betrayed democratic and military allies, re-opened the door to an Iranian nuke, and handed great influence over the Middle East to Putin (after 12 Presidents before him denied it), but I’m going to vote for Him anyway."

“Trump failed to “close the border” in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 as millions of illegals poured across the border, failed to create infrastructure, failed to repeal Obamacare, failed to ban foreign investors in American elections, failed to not make cuts to Medicaid, failed to grow the economy by 4% a year, failed to guarantee a 6-week paid leave, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway."

“Trump did not triple ICE enforcement, did not make Mexico pay for a wall, did not remove all undocumented immigrants, did not close the border in 2017, 2018, 2019, or 2020, and just gave the order for His Republicans to reject a border Bill, but I’m going to vote for Him anyway."

Just an honest dialogue. That’s all. But no, they will either deny the reality, or pretend such truths are liberal lies, while offering no reason at all for their steadfast and blind loyalty to a man who sells them NFTs, sneakers, and other merch. I mean, Trump’s own children, who walked out of the White House with some $750M in business deals with foreign governments, won’t even write him a check for the bond that he can’t pay. What does that tell you about the man’s character when even his kids have distanced themselves and their own shady dealings from him? He’s poison. Ask any of his lawyers who have had to get lawyers, because they had to defend Trump. The man offers his loyalists absolutely nothing to be loyal about, yet, they "will vote for him anyway."
You may be claiming to be a independent but when's the last time you voted for a republican candidate for President?

Americans are growing ever more sick of progressivism. Nobody but a nut really believes men can be women, the border is anything but an invasion by illegal and dangerous folks, climate change is exaggerated, crime is out of control with no consequences for many criminals, our energy needs can never be met by wind/solar, our military is here to defend not to push social justice policy.

You argue without knowledge. You either don’t know or don’t understand facts. In addition, it seems obvious that you are not bright enough to realize that you often attempt to argue with people who know enough not to accept your halfassing logic.

crime is down as is inflation. The border is closed. This is weaponized nonsense
I really like you....Crime is not down...it has been reduced because the lesser crime has been decriminalized to make seem that way.
Inflation has been reduced but not not done away with. Gas prices are on the rise again,
If you think the border is closed I got some ocean beach property in Arizona to sell,.....you interested?
https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.bfb645b52431b1430343c8b8aa35cbb6?rik=f2lv8gOAM+wm6Q&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
click on the above^^

Back
Top Bottom