• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Tonight, scrambled eggs cooked with sliced potatoes, minced green onions and a bit of port salut cheese blended in. Another chalky protein shake and a cold brewed iced coffee.

We went Indian today and had some hellishly hot lamb curry. 'twas to die for and my eyes are still watering. Going back next week.

We went Indian today and had some hellishly hot lamb curry. 'twas to die for and my eyes are still watering. Going back next week.

My mother made “Indian” food occasionally and I enjoyed it. The missus and I have tried a number of “Indian” restaurants and have never really liked the food.

My mother made “Indian” food occasionally and I enjoyed it. The missus and I have tried a number of “Indian” restaurants and have never really liked the food.

Go to a family run place and have them introduce you to the endless varieties of Indian cuisine. You wont regret it.

India is not homogenized. There are many different cultures, subcultures, each with its own cuisines and variations of dishes that crossover. Much is dependent upon locally available produce, spices and herbs. The same named dish from different regions can be entirely different from each other and other versions elsewhere. Finding styles and dishes you prefer is not always easy. Even curries can be extremely different, differently spiced, different in heat and ingredients that effect flavor. Sometimes, it is better to explore recipes and ingredients at home, where you can more easily experiment to find what pleases your palate. And it can be fun, even when a chore.

Good hunting.

7 layer burrito
seasoned rice

1/2 grilled cheese
Cup of tomato soup
Baguette

Doing a Veal and Mushroom garlic white wine sauce without using any heavy cream, wifey is very lactose intolerant.

i've been in a baked potato mood lately.

veggie loaded baked potato (bit of cheese sauce, peppers, broccoli, sour cream, butter)
garden side salad with light Italian dressing

Tried to recreate one of the signature salads in our area.

Sliced, grilled tenderloin over a green leaf lettuce, tomato, avocado, cheese crumbles salad.
Dressed with a creamy blue cheese dressing mixed with some balsamic, and drizzled with balsamic reduction. Served with some take and bake bread with seasoned olive oil to dip.

Yes, it's also a way to make a salad not very health.

i've been in a baked potato mood lately.

veggie loaded baked potato (bit of cheese sauce, peppers, broccoli, sour cream, butter)
garden side salad with light Italian dressing

See, I can't have BP anymore. And my favorite was is smothered in homemade chili and creamy cheddar...

See, I can't have BP anymore. And my favorite was is smothered in homemade chili and creamy cheddar...

is it the carbs?

is it the carbs?

Yeah, and this "type II Diabetes thing, even if it's only mild scares the bejeebers out of me. Once I have bariatric sleeve done in July, I won't be able to eat that much anyway

Yeah, and this "type II Diabetes thing, even if it's only mild scares the bejeebers out of me. Once I have bariatric sleeve done in July, I won't be able to eat that much anyway

best wishes for beating it. i was pre-diabetic in my late 20s. diet and exercise helped. i hope that yours resolves, as well.

Half of a small baked potato, with a tbs of plain yogurt, some chopped chives, parsley has about 12 gms of carbs, 6% of what you need daily to keep your heart healthy. Satisfies that normal need to deviate from the diet you are on. Helps you lose weight by deflecting from an entire Black Forest cake or a whole pizza with your name on it in extra cheese. :(

I had an excellent dinner, an sectioned orange, a quartered anjou pear, 1/2 a cup of blackberries, 1/4 cup of blueberries, 2 oz of cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of plain yogurt. A glass of cold brewed ice coffee, with a tsp of honey. And another serving of a chalky protein, mineral and vitamin shake. I've been fantasizing about killing the guy who invented these shakes.

best wishes for beating it. i was pre-diabetic in my late 20s. diet and exercise helped. i hope that yours resolves, as well.

my metabolism stopped. so this is only way

I had an excellent dinner, an sectioned orange, a quartered anjou pear, 1/2 a cup of blackberries, 1/4 cup of blueberries, 2 oz of cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of plain yogurt. A glass of cold brewed ice coffee, with a tsp of honey. And another serving of a chalky protein, mineral and vitamin shake. I've been fantasizing about killing the guy who invented these shakes.

Glucerna shakes aren't too bad. They are for diabetics, which I am not. They worked well for me when I worked irregular hours and didn't want to take meals or snacks along.

Eat all you can Chinese food for $11. Burp.

Glucerna shakes aren't too bad. They are for diabetics, which I am not. They worked well for me when I worked irregular hours and didn't want to take meals or snacks along.

These are prescribed and custom formulated after blood tests for nutrients and proteins. Two more weeks, a ten pound gain and they become history. I dropped 30lbs in two weeks. My doctors want me to gain the weight back, stating it would be healthier for me during times of illness, and protective for my heart. I try to tell them more beer would do the trick, but they counter, "we're looking for muscle mass and fat insulation, better fluid retention and hydration ratios." I say dark beers can do that. They frown at me.

my metabolism stopped. so this is only way

Metabolism never stops. It either becomes more or less efficient. Diabetes in all its forms, is caused by insulin resistance, or lower insulin production by the pancreas. Insulin is one of the enzymes which guides and controls metabolism of blood sugars. Sugar and carb intake, in excess of immediate energy usage is stored as fat, converted to blood sugars as our cells require energy. When not fully metabolized, the excess blood sugars usually tend to calcify along arterial walls, causing peripheral blood flow issues, arterial blockages as the narrowing and less flexible arteries become clotted from calcifications dropping off the arterial walls and blocking blood flow, causing strokes and heart attacks. Corrective medications, including injections of insulin when necessary, dietary controls and exercise can control blood sugar issues. Exercise is the best therapy of the bunch. It burns the blood sugars and can reverse the calcification over time. Walking and swimming have been found to be the best overall exercises, not the speed, but the movement. Also makes you friskier, and keeps the wife happier. :)

One of the best incentives for walking is a dog. Plenty of rescue dogs need homes. And they can clean dishes before you dirty them up. Any food accidentally dropped on the floor mysteriously disappears. Do not leave pies and cakes cooling where the dog can reach them. Never turn your back on a hamburger or steak. Not for one second of time. Guard all ice cream. Zealously protect beer.

Metabolism never stops. It either becomes more or less efficient. Diabetes in all its forms, is caused by insulin resistance, or lower insulin production by the pancreas. Insulin is one of the enzymes which guides and controls metabolism of blood sugars. Sugar and carb intake, in excess of immediate energy usage is stored as fat, converted to blood sugars as our cells require energy. When not fully metabolized, the excess blood sugars usually tend to calcify along arterial walls, causing peripheral blood flow issues, arterial blockages as the narrowing and less flexible arteries become clotted from calcifications dropping off the arterial walls and blocking blood flow, causing strokes and heart attacks. Corrective medications, including injections of insulin when necessary, dietary controls and exercise can control blood sugar issues. Exercise is the best therapy of the bunch. It burns the blood sugars and can reverse the calcification over time. Walking and swimming have been found to be the best overall exercises, not the speed, but the movement. Also makes you friskier, and keeps the wife happier. :)

One of the best incentives for walking is a dog. Plenty of rescue dogs need homes. And they can clean dishes before you dirty them up. Any food accidentally dropped on the floor mysteriously disappears. Do not leave pies and cakes cooling where the dog can reach them. Never turn your back on a hamburger or steak. Not for one second of time. Guard all ice cream. Zealously protect beer.

It's a description, I.E. there are underlying issues I'd rather not discuss, but leave it at "my ability to lose weight is greatly hampered, and surgical options are the best path forward.

Cold one day old chicken and rice soup with the last little bits of my terrine of foie gras.

This is a completely different beast with one day of aging and cold rather than hot...in many ways better.

tofu vegetable dumplings with Korean barbecue sauce
garden vegetable rice

Back
Top Bottom