• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Waiting for an Explanation for the Attack on Rand Paul

Oh, brother. Sometimes I think there is no hope.

I can see how you think that when there are some many conspiracies out there against you. The chem trails and the lizard people that orchestrated this assassination attempt against Senator Paul must make life unbearable.

from your cite:

however, the article then goes on to insist it had nothing to do with a landscaping dispute, intimating the article's author knows the unknown

Right, by people running the homeowner's association saying that there was no problem with his yard.

It's noteworthy because it's ANOTHER case of liberals using violence against conservatives. When does this stop being dismissed and start being addressed?

When you see the majority of liberals out in the streets using violence against conservatives, I would imagine. I don't see anything to justify a generalization. Isn't that what the Right constantly is saying? Just because you capitalize ANOTHER doesn't mean there's an epidemic. Or should I point to the few attacks of the Right against the Left and call that an epidemic as well?

And anyway, who says it's not being addressed? You have police, do you not? You have laws? And these people are being charged...what do you want? Should the Left all march down to some central round up, and turn themselves in as a preventative measure? lol

Funny, I always thought it was supposed to be the Left that was the hysteria machine........................................ ;)

I find it admirable that a senator was actually out doing his own yard work. From what I've read these two neighbors have been going at it for years. When one would put his yard debris on the other's property, etc. While it should not have erupted into assault, knowing what hot-heads many guys can be isn't surprising. A lot of guys need anger management.

In our neighborhood (rural), we have a hoarder lady, with livestock in messy small pens. She lives across the street from the most immaculate home and yard on the block. I and my daughter love this fact. The people with the immaculate yard are fussy, terrible parents and totally deserve to have such a neighbor. On down the street is another fussy neighbor, right next to the people with "wild animal" children (4 boys and a girl). That neighbor has called the sherriff's office so many times on her neighbors, heresay is that her place is red flagged (with means law enforcement no longer takes her seriously and considers her low priority).

So, I can believe just about anything where neighboring is concerned.

When you see the majority of liberals out in the streets using violence against conservatives, I would imagine. I don't see anything to justify a generalization. Isn't that what the Right constantly is saying? Just because you capitalize ANOTHER doesn't mean there's an epidemic. Or should I point to the few attacks of the Right against the Left and call that an epidemic as well?

And anyway, who says it's not being addressed? You have police, do you not? You have laws? And these people are being charged...what do you want? Should the Left all march down to some central round up, and turn themselves in as a preventative measure? lol

Funny, I always thought it was supposed to be the Left that was the hysteria machine........................................ ;)

Point out the attacks by the right that are based on political orientation and nothing else... Incidents where liberals were attacked for no other reason than they were liberals.

What I want is for the leadership among the left to start openly denouncing this violence and calling for it to end, instead of the RESOUNDING near silence we are currently getting.

Right, by people running the homeowner's association saying that there was no problem with his yard.
There doesn't need to be anything wrong with his yard for it to be a landscaping dispute. Some people get upset over stupid ****. Lets say he spread fertilizer to wide and it got on his neighbors yard and killed some grass, his grass clippings got dumped near the tree line on his neighbors yard, say he accidentally ran over a couple flowers that were near the property lines. Any number of a million different scenarios. The guy should be punished regardless of the reason. But it's disgusting that so many conservatives are sitting around just forcing this to be political in nature so they can try to score some political points. Dumbasses on either side can be pointed to. Even if this guy only attacked Paul because he was a liberal it doesn't say anything about anyone except the dumbass that did it.

Point out the attacks by the right that are based on political orientation and nothing else... Incidents where liberals were attacked for no other reason than they were liberals.

What I want is for the leadership among the left to start openly denouncing this violence and calling for it to end, instead of the RESOUNDING silence we are currently getting.

The guy that punched the protestor at the trump rally.
The guy that ran into a crowd full of protestors at the rally.

Just off the top of my head.

Cue "but but but, those are different!" in 3, 2, 1...

What I want is for the leadership among the left to start openly denouncing this violence and calling for it to end, instead of the RESOUNDING silence we are currently getting.

Leadership does call for the violence to end. It's called The Law. And, unlike "openly denouncing" something, it actually gets stuff done. I think maybe what you want is for leadership among the left to engage in an ineffective action that won't stop the violence, but will give you that little morning after grin that folks on the right get when the left humbles themselves, over a statistically irrelevant number of politically motivated assaults which are already against the law and are being handled as such.

Sorry, bud, until this becomes a real problem that existing infrastructure can't handle, you're gonna have to get your rocks off another way. ;)

The "gentleman" should run for office as a republican.

Trumps America on display........MAGA! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I dont understand how the fact that Rand keeps up a great yard means that this can't be a landscaping dispute. I don't think you can just assume the guy attacked Paul cause he doesn't like Trump or just because he's a flaming liberal or something. But this is a LowDown thread, so the usual suspects will just keep saying whatever they want with no need for facts.

Well.. depends.. sometimes people who keep great lawns get rid of their waste by dumping it into a neighbor's yard.

The lawyers of the perpetrator say it was not political. However, we know about how lawyers are not always truthful when it comes to statements to the press when they are defending someone.

Obama Says "Argue With Neighbors, Get In Their Face"

Rand Paul was attacked with his back turned and his ears covered. He was hit with such force that 5 ribs were broken and his lungs bruised. He is unable to return to work as of yet.

And the mainstream media wants you to believe it's his fault because he's sloppy about mowing his lawn.

His neighbors say that this is a lie. Paul is a perfect neighbor whose lawn is well kept, they say.

The person who attacked him is an anti-Trump cowardly PoS. He is anti-GOP in his social media, calling for the impeachment of the president and urging Russia investigator Robert Mueller to “fry Trump’s gonads.”

Captured screen grabs of Rene Boucher’s Facebook page ... and taken down since the event also show that the anesthesiologist was a fan of the #NeverTrump clan.

The reason for the attack seems pretty obvious, but the mainstream media seems anxious to justify or excuse violence against Republicans.

Ok, so violence it is.

Rand Paul's neighbors rip media 'landscaping dispute' reports

People forget that neighbors completely lose their minds over parking spaces and untended lawns on a daily basis in millions of places across suburbia every day. Add parking conflicts and loud music into the equation and it's amazing we haven't descended into Mad Max.

The fact that we don't know the reason for the attack leads me to believe it is pretty personal and something that might be embarrassing to both parties. I personally doubt it had anything to do with politics. But I am just speculating.

Well.. depends.. sometimes people who keep great lawns get rid of their waste by dumping it into a neighbor's yard.

The lawyers of the perpetrator say it was not political. However, we know about how lawyers are not always truthful when it comes to statements to the press when they are defending someone.

I'm not saying it was or it wasn't. My only comment is that we don't know that it wasn't a heated argument between neighbors and nothing about politics just because he keeps up a nice yard as some people on here seem to be suggesting. T

The guy that punched the protestor at the trump rally.
The guy that ran into a crowd full of protestors at the rally.

Just off the top of my head.

Cue "but but but, those are different!" in 3, 2, 1...

Could you do me a favor and link to those incidents so that I can be sure that I'm addressing the incidents you are thinking of...

2 incidents of individuals attacking by themselves compared to dozens of large scale, semi-coordinated attacks. The fact that you seem to think that there isn't a problem with the left's failure to do ANYTHING about it's problem children just shows that I'm right. There is near silence from the left on the topic of these violent, civil rights violating attacks and lots of people like yourself who will go to any extreme to find a way to avoid the subject or just plain ignore it. When will the left's leadership and whole lot of it's "members" start stepping up to the plate and making clear statements of condemnation against these people?? You'll scream and wail about a handful of WP turd-burglers holding a rally and breaking no laws, but when a group of your own violates people's civil rights, attacks them physically, destroys their businesses and creates huge illegal disturbances in the community, your answer is near silence.

Leadership does call for the violence to end. It's called The Law. And, unlike "openly denouncing" something, it actually gets stuff done. I think maybe what you want is for leadership among the left to engage in an ineffective action that won't stop the violence, but will give you that little morning after grin that folks on the right get when the left humbles themselves, over a statistically irrelevant number of politically motivated assaults which are already against the law and are being handled as such.

Sorry, bud, until this becomes a real problem that existing infrastructure can't handle, you're gonna have to get your rocks off another way. ;)

Nope. This is a problem among liberals and liberal leadership needs to be taking a stand. We have a lot of conservative leaders denouncing this violence, but only 2 from the left that I've heard of. So why isn't the left's leadership calling for an end to this violence?? There was once a time when the left actually fought against civil rights violations, so why are they silent on some of the worst we've seen in a generation??

Nope. This is a problem among liberals and liberal leadership needs to be taking a stand. We have a lot of conservative leaders denouncing this violence, but only 2 from the left that I've heard of. So why isn't the left's leadership calling for an end to this violence?? There was once a time when the left actually fought against civil rights violations, so why are they silent on some of the worst we've seen in a generation??

The worse civil rights violations in a generation?? Ok, I need to know what you're talking about, brother...hehe... I must have missed that day's paper. Give me some examples, so at least I know what you're talking about. This thread is about one guy beating up another. I'm not outright dismissing you, I just need to better understand where you're coming from, because I literally have no idea what you're talking about, and I consider myself up on stuff. Hell, I like talking to you guys so much I probably know more about your political climate than my own...hehe :)

Could you do me a favor and link to those incidents so that I can be sure that I'm addressing the incidents you are thinking of...

2 incidents of individuals attacking by themselves compared to dozens of large scale, semi-coordinated attacks. The fact that you seem to think that there isn't a problem with the left's failure to do ANYTHING about it's problem children just shows that I'm right. There is near silence from the left on the topic of these violent, civil rights violating attacks and lots of people like yourself who will go to any extreme to find a way to avoid the subject or just plain ignore it. When will the left's leadership and whole lot of it's "members" start stepping up to the plate and making clear statements of condemnation against these people?? You'll scream and wail about a handful of WP turd-burglers holding a rally and breaking no laws, but when a group of your own violates people's civil rights, attacks them physically, destroys their businesses and creates huge illegal disturbances in the community, your answer is near silence.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. YOU are the one that asked for someone to point out attacks like this. You asked for instances of them as though you were of the opinion that they never happen. If you'd like to revise your statement to "they happen, just not as much" then feel free to change your remark. But don't try to move the goalposts without even admitting that you were barking up the wrong tree.

And I'm not posting links. The two things I referenced are about as well known as anything could be and come up with a quick google search. If you want to try to figure out why an instance of a conservative republican belting a liberal protester in the face at a trump rally doesn't qualify as "conservative on liberal" violence then you'll have to do your own work on that.

The motive for the assault is not of any importance to me. The idea that certain motives make the same alleged crime more/less serious is ridiculous. It is not up to the state to prove why an assault occurred - they need only show, beyond a reasonable doubt, that an assault had occurred.

You disagree with murder delineated 1st and 2nd degree? You disagree with terrorism charges? What about racketeering, also bogus? If you want to eliminate motive as a factor in threat and damage to society assessment, you're gonna need to eviscerate the justice system.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. YOU are the one that asked for someone to point out attacks like this. You asked for instances of them as though you were of the opinion that they never happen. If you'd like to revise your statement to "they happen, just not as much" then feel free to change your remark. But don't try to move the goalposts without even admitting that you were barking up the wrong tree.

And I'm not posting links. The two things I referenced are about as well known as anything could be and come up with a quick google search. If you want to try to figure out why an instance of a conservative republican belting a liberal protester in the face at a trump rally doesn't qualify as "conservative on liberal" violence then you'll have to do your own work on that.

I've never claimed that conservatives are immune to this, I was just trying to have you show the weakness of your argument by having you provide the proof that there is a minuscule problem on the right and a huge one on the left. Yes, there have a been a couple of attacks on liberals by conservatives just because they were liberals, but there have been wholesale riots by lilberals directed towards conservatives. These are YOUR problem children and no one on your side is willing to deal with them. You remind me of something I just saw coming back from lunch: A mom was trying to cross the parking lot with her four (?) year old son and he was digging in his heels and refusing to go (dad was already across). Mom scooped him up and carried him across the lot. While she was doing, he hit her in the face. Both mom and dad saw it happen and they ignored it. This is the kind of thing that we are seeing today from your "four year olds" and from your "mom and dad".

It's noteworthy because it's ANOTHER case of liberals using violence against conservatives. When does this stop being dismissed and start being addressed?

I was just listening to Shepard Smith report that six ribs were broken and Rand Paul has fluid on his lungs. The attacker could face federal charges for attacking a Senator.

Yes, there have a been a couple of attacks on liberals by conservatives just because they were liberals,

Didn't even read any of the other crap you posted after this. You asked for someone of instances of this happening like it never happened and then pretend like you weren't trying to claim it doesn't happen. If your contention from the beginning was "it happens much more on one side" then you should have stated that. Not interested n discussing this with someone that wants to keep shifting all over.

Didn't even read any of the other crap you posted after this. You asked for someone of instances of this happening like it never happened and then pretend like you weren't trying to claim it doesn't happen. If your contention from the beginning was "it happens much more on one side" then you should have stated that. Not interested n discussing this with someone that wants to keep shifting all over.

I never shifted one bit, I just tried to help you see the truth. A wise man will learn from his mistakes and I was just trying to up your wisdom a bit. I guess that you aren't interested in that....

Back
Top Bottom