• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:549] Nfl 2018

Looks like NE won't be though if they lose tonight. :)
New Englands defense is suspect...and they are still feeling out their running game. But they will get Edlemann back in 2 games and if Josh Gordon is anything like what they hope he will be, Brady will have a stacked receiver corps. teams wont be able to key on Gronk.

Still...that defense..........

New Englands defense is suspect...and they are still feeling out their running game. But they will get Edlemann back in 2 games and if Josh Gordon is anything like what they hope he will be, Brady will have a stacked receiver corps. teams wont be able to key on Gronk.

Still...that defense..........

Saving grace is that division. Unless Miami is really as good as their 3-0 record indicates that they might be, Pats should be able to win it with a 9-7 record. And, once they get to the big games, they are always money.

Patriots performance today is really sickening. The defense has been pathetic.

Does NBC have a broken camera? I don't like watching the game from behind the offense.

Patriots performance today is really sickening. The defense has been pathetic.
The defense wasnt stellar last year either. Its kind of a wonder Patricia was offered the Detroit job considering how badly he got beaten on defense in the SB.

Well this should be it. Nice signature win for Patricia, hopefully the beginning of something good. Maybe he got a slow start the same way the Pats do, but not holding my breath. And our first 100 yard rusher in years! :applaud

Might be the time for some new blood in New England....

Trade Hightower. It looks like he has lost a step on defense.

You would think a defense with twin brothers in the starting lineup would have better communication!

:toilet:

Flush that game down the toilet.

1-2, same record as the Lions.

Bill Belichick may have lost it. Reports are he tried to trade Rob Gronkowski to the Lions..... The Jaguars torched the Patriots but couldn't score 1 td against the Titans?

I am starting to think Belichick doesn't care anymore. Like one of those old generals that starts losing it.

He didn't even shake a young kids hand during the entrance. I am very concerned.

Last edited:
Bill Belichick may have lost it. Reports are he tried to trade Rob Gronkowski to the Lions..... The Jaguars torched the Patriots but couldn't score 1 td against the Titans?

I am starting to think Belichick doesn't care anymore. Like one of those old generals that starts losing it.

He didn't even shake a young kids hand during the entrance. I am very concerned.

Gronk wasn't sure if he wanted to come back and who knows, this could be his last year. In return, he would've gotten at least a first rounder who would've had an entire career ahead of him.

It is a great thing when the Seahawks win.
It is a great thing when the Cowturds lose.
But...today? Beautifu.

Viqueens and Fudge Packers both lose, now da Bears are on top of the division Woohoo! :mrgreen:

Then again, Trubisky sucks! Bears D is gonna have to win games from here on out. :doh

This team is too Gronk reliant. Everytime he gets hit I think he is going to tear his ACL.

Julian Edelman and Josh Gordon can't get here fast enough.

Don't read me wrong, I actually like Brady, and actually do think he is the GOAT, but it could also be that he is starting to show the weight of his years. He can't play forever. The Pats will become progressively less good, it's inevitable. Gronk is also approaching career end, with a history of multiple injuries.

I will disclose, though, that even though I like Brady, I don't like the Patriots. So, it could be wishful thinking. But I do believe that their decline is inevitable. No team lasts forever on top, even with a genius like Bill Belichick and the GOAT as the QB.

Don't read me wrong, I actually like Brady, and actually do think he is the GOAT, but it could also be that he is starting to show the weight of his years. He can't play forever. The Pats will become progressively less good, it's inevitable. Gronk is also approaching career end, with a history of multiple injuries.

I will disclose, though, that even though I like Brady, I don't like the Patriots. So, it could be wishful thinking. But I do believe that their decline is inevitable. No team lasts forever on top, even with a genius like Bill Belichick and the GOAT as the QB.
I dont think the problem has been Brady. Their rcvrs are still not up to speed but the ground game is atrocious. How many times today did they get stuffed trying to get even a yard for a first down.

I dont think the problem has been Brady. Their rcvrs are still not up to speed but the ground game is atrocious. How many times today did they get stuffed trying to get even a yard for a first down.

But the thing is, sometimes in the past the Pats weren't playing well but they got rescued by Brady. I'm just saying, it will be less frequent, progressively. So, he plays decently, or even plays well... but the team doesn't win. In the past he would play spectacularly and the team would win even when his teammates were not having their best days.

This said, I'm just speculating; I didn't even pay enough attention to tonight's game to form an opinion. I had the TV on but I was multitasking with a number of other things.

Rams and Chiefs are the runaway two best teams of their conferences.

The Chiefs will likely come back to earth but they are a better team than last year. They didn't have Sammy Watkins and Eric Berry will play more than 1 game this year.

The Rams are stacked on offense and defense. They could win 13-15 wins this year.

Rams and Chiefs are the runaway two best teams of their conferences.

The Chiefs will likely come back to earth but they are a better team than last year. They didn't have Sammy Watkins and Eric Berry will play more than 1 game this year.

The Rams are stacked on offense and defense. They could win 13-15 wins this year.

So which team/s are you planning to shift your allegiance to now?

Viqueens and Fudge Packers both lose, now da Bears are on top of the division Woohoo! :mrgreen:

Then again, Trubisky sucks! Bears D is gonna have to win games from here on out. :doh

Yeah.

It will be painful, but it should be fun when the other guys have the ball.

Patriots aren't done yet. They still have Brady and Gronk, and if Edelman and Gordon fire it up they can really make some noise.

Of course, that's a big if. Gordon is a big question mark with his injury and past habits, and Edleman is coming off a major knee injury. If they don't pick it back up Patriots could be looking at a long season.

That being said, New England's Defense is trash. If they don't fix that they may not make it far in the post season.

Patriots aren't done yet. They still have Brady and Gronk, and if Edelman and Gordon fire it up they can really make some noise.

Of course, that's a big if. Gordon is a big question mark with his injury and past habits, and Edleman is coming off a major knee injury. If they don't pick it back up Patriots could be looking at a long season.

That being said, New England's Defense is trash. If they don't fix that they may not make it far in the post season.

Home game against the Dolphins next week should be a defining moment.

Everyone is talking about the Patriots losing but what about those Lions?

This was not the same team that lost to the Jets 48-17.

They looked sharp and could surprise other teams this year. They have a running game now that has been absent for awhile.

But with these kind of games were they really that good or was the other team just that awful?

Pats D looks weak, but Belichick has been known to turn around their D mid-season before. But the other thing Bill may not be able to fix, Brady's arm seems like he lost 10 yards or so. He's never had a super strong arm, but last night the Lions seem to know all they had to do was watch out for the short passing game because Brady can't throw the deep ball anymore. He did air it out a couple of times, 1 time it was under-thrown and intercepted.

Back
Top Bottom