• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:549] Nfl 2018

Home game against the Dolphins next week should be a defining moment.

Indeed. If they can stifle Miami's offense, they have a chance. But if they start the season 1-3, they're gonna be in trouble.

I don't think there is enough BB or Brady magic to hold up this Patriots team.

If Gordan and Edleman get back to form they have a very good passing offense.

Defense is still a huge issue.

Vikings and Rams looked like such a great machtup this Thursday, but if the Vikings play as poorly as they did against the Bills it's gonna be a slaughter.

I don't think there is enough BB or Brady magic to hold up this Patriots team.

Agreed! Hightower looked so slow last night, the defense in general just looked slow and out of ideas.

Vikings and Rams looked like such a great machtup this Thursday, but if the Vikings play as poorly as they did against the Bills it's gonna be a slaughter.

Vikings may have been looking ahead, and then got punched in the mouth.

No excuse.. Vikes are a favorite to get to the SB.. At home, 17 point favorites against maybe the worst team in the NFL. And they gave Cousins $84 mil, GUARANTEED. Can't have a game like that at home against an awful team. If the Vikes lost on a late FG because of some weird plays or penalties, ok.. But they never showed up.

As I said, not ready to play.

I’m still baffled how Jimmy Garappolo was awarded with that gigantic contract after such little experience of actual playing time. I feel bad for him though.

Unfortunately it was his own fault, should of just kept going out of bounds instead of cutting inside like that.

Gutsy move. Terrible result.

Looks like Ryan remembered he was Fitzpatrick.

What's there been? 22 roughing the passer penalties tonight? I think the NFL is trying to make a statement. Lol

So is Jameis Winston coming back next week because the Bucs lost?

I’d consider running a double QB series with TB, as the Bears do. I’d want both athletes on the field. They could also have a series for JW if they believe in playing two QBs.

Still on about shorter rest, as with TB and PIT next week, and especially Thursdays. Each week we see a finite # of players going down for the year, or part of it.

So WAS and CAR are the two byes this week. Having them play a week Thursday night make sense if they play this year, which they do. But they don’t. They play week 7, not week 5 Thursday, both with 10 days rest.

I’d consider running a double QB series with TB, as the Bears do. I’d want both athletes on the field. They could also have a series for JW if they believe in playing two QBs.

Still on about shorter rest, as with TB and PIT next week, and especially Thursdays. Each week we see a finite # of players going down for the year, or part of it.

So WAS and CAR are the two byes this week. Having them play a week Thursday night make sense if they play this year, which they do. But they don’t. They play week 7, not week 5 Thursday, both with 10 days rest.

I think the Bears should bench Trubisky- he needs a year just studying the offense.

Jason Witten sees a left wing conspiracy in these roughing the passer penalties. Just when you think people can't get any dumber.

BTW if Witten said of a receiver 'he has to catch that' 1 more time I was going to throw something at my TV., QB throws a pass 4 feet over a receiver's head, pass is incomplete, Witten says the receiver should have caught that. lol

Much needed win for the Steelers.

Fitz made some great throws, but he also made some boneheaded ones. Fitzmagic has it limits it seems.

So is Jameis Winston coming back next week because the Bucs lost?

He's coming back today. But, I doubt the Bucs feed him to the Bears.

I’m still baffled how Jimmy Garappolo was awarded with that gigantic contract after such little experience of actual playing time. I feel bad for him though.

Media hype

Much needed win for the Steelers.

Fitz made some great throws, but he also made some boneheaded ones. Fitzmagic has it limits it seems.

He had a great deep ball but very little zip on his mid throws. Very odd qb.

But you were all heartbroken when Belicheat traded Jimmy G away...

Were we? Heartbroken isn't the word I would use, more confused by what we got back for him.

Jimmy G was always going to get traded by the Patriots due to the fact Tom hasn't really slowed down like he was expected to ( current league MVP). I personally thought the 49ers overpaid him based on a few dead rubber games at the end of 2017.

Thursday Games...Some of the Rams players are pretty upset about playing them and being vocal. I think the Thursday games are fine, provided that both teams playing in the Thursday games are coming off their bye week That gives them a little extra time upfront to prepare and a little extra time on the back end to recover. But teams shouldnt have to play on Sunday and then Thursday just because the league wants to get that money.

Jimmy g has more talent than Brady however he is no where close in regards to football iq.

That was a stupid play by Jimmy g. Does he think he is michael vick or something?

Back
Top Bottom