• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:363]accepting gay as normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homosexuality is not an "affliction"

Why do you call it "unfortunate" ?

Why is the acceptance of homosexuality to the "detriment" of anybody ?

It's a Bible story. You may as well ask how did it work out for Sauron in the Lord of the Rings

Really ?

Do you have evidence for that ?

Which laws ?

So what ?

It ***is*** perfectly OK

This realization requires no brainwashing

The "brain washing" is what's been done to you that your brain fosters such objections

Yes

And you've been brainwashed into thinking there's a god that actually cares.

Yes, there is clearly a problem when people judge actual human beings on what never happened, like an imaginary city being destroyed by a sky daddy that does not exist. SMFH

Re: accepting gay as normal

Hate crime statutes on their face imply that some crime victims have more value than others.
If gays or others attack heterosexuals just for being straight, those same laws/statutes would apply. So they are not being valued more. The hate toward a group is viewed simply as a worse offense.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

It's not that clear cut. If the husband that killed the man with his wife did it the next day it would be premeditated murder which is a much more serious crime than the bank robber who killed a security guard that caught him by surprise.

Not really, since the bank robber was already committing a felony. It's like, sure killing someone by driving drunk is technically an accident, but since it was a crime to drive drunk in the first place, the drunk driving dude or gal gets charged with some version of murder.

Hate crime statutes on their face imply that some crime victims have more value than others.

Hate crime laws are based on the motive and everybody is covered equally. You need to learn constitures a hate criome and what isnt a hate crime.

Hate Crimes

Hate crimes are the highest priority of the FBI’s Civil Rights program due to the devastating impact they have on families and communities. The Bureau investigates hundreds of these cases every year and works to detect and deter further incidents through law enforcement training, public outreach, and partnerships with community groups.

Traditionally, FBI investigations of hate crimes were limited to crimes in which the perpetrators acted based on a bias against the victim’s race, color, religion, or national origin. In addition, investigations were restricted to those wherein the victim was engaged in a federally protected activity. With the passage of the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr., Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2009, the Bureau became authorized to also investigate crimes committed against those based on biases of actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or gender.

Homosexuality is not an "affliction"

Why do you call it "unfortunate" ?

Why is the acceptance of homosexuality to the "detriment" of anybody ?

It's a Bible story. You may as well ask how did it work out for Sauron in the Lord of the Rings

Really ?

Do you have evidence for that ?

Which laws ?

So what ?

It ***is*** perfectly OK

This realization requires no brainwashing

The "brain washing" is what's been done to you that your brain fosters such objections

Yes

And you've been brainwashed into thinking there's a god that actually cares.

My oldest daughter has been in a same-sex relationship for twenty years. They both have good jobs, a lovely house, two wonderful children by donor. They are a very happy family and far from being unfortunate.

Up front---I am not in favor of gays being attacked or victimized in any way. Their affliction is not self imposed or chosen but the result of an unfortunate act of nature and if it were the norm, most of us would not be here today.

Those, mostly on the liberal left are working hard to normalize gay behavior to the detriment of us all. How did Sodom and Gomorrah work out? The left leaning agenda has progressed so far in the media that almost every prime time show on TV includes some type of gay activity. Pandering politicians have passed laws the favor the LGBTQ crowd making them a separate protected segment of society. I have actually seen a commercial recently that had two gay men swapping spit. You can shove this stuff down my throat but I will not accept it as gospel.

I have this question of all parents of a young teenage boy. What will be the outcome after you have been brain washed into thinking that the gay life style is perfectly ok, it’s normal behavior and not to be questioned as if it were actually gods way.

This is one result I see coming down the road. Guys, think back to your early teen years when you were the victim of raging hormones. To coin an old phrase---“he would screw a snake if someone held it down”. Unpleasant statement but so true, boys and men are sexually aggressive (natures way). Your sons are or will experience the same emotions and urges as will all of his friends. Remember the good old sleepovers of the past? Just what do you think will be going on when every kid there has the same view about how normal gay sex is? Got the picture in your mind. Is that really ok with you?

Your turn, go for it.

Pretending their attraction is an affliction further marginalizes them. Fact is homosexuality is not an affliction. Your empty postulation has no basis in fact.

Sodom and Gomorrah? Wasn't Sodom the place where Lot, the righteous man, offered his virgin daughters to be gang-raped by a mob? That's your example?
You guys can't straighten it out in your own heads, the reasons why you don't like gays, how do you expect to convince anyone else?

apparently saving the daughters that inebriate their father then rape him was somehow the grand plan o_O

Get real-------I did not say they would become gay. I said that they would perform gay sex acts because there was no stigma against it.

You forgot the evidence..... probably because there is none.

And I guess that it also your opinion the young people won't be more tempted to try pot now that it is legal. Dreamer!!!!!

Pedophilia is still illegal.

How about instead of promoting and grandising, just ignore.

Because people are being victimized because of hatred against such orientation.

What did Kenny Rogers say? Know when to hold em, know when to fold em?

Overrunning our jails and prisons for victimless petty crimes is flat out stupid. We cant afford it, and not because we help the less fortunate, but because its simply untenable. If we took every dollar in social assistance given out and gave it to the prison industrial complex, it STILL wouldnt cover the bill.

Taxes from legal marijuana sales in my city are getting us 15 new firefighter, new equipment for them and our SWAT teams, and a couple of buses for a local school district. Seems like a way better use of funds than holding 10 guys who had an ounce of bud for the next 3 years, doesnt it?

This is also with the prison system that has been undergoing privatization efforts since st. Ronnie. The drug war is very profitable for them.

I don’t support or condone black people being attacked or victimized in any way, but I don’t like how liberals seek to normalize them.

Yeah, and gingers. Oh, and left handed people. Pains in the arse, all of them. And disabled people. Jesus, why are they allowed to have sex? Don’t even get me started about trust fund babies. The only thing worse is trust fund adults. And people who play the pipes, bagpipes. When is the last time you downloaded an album of bagpipe greatest hits?

Yeah, and gingers. Oh, and left handed people. Pains in the arse, all of them. And disabled people. Jesus, why are they allowed to have sex? Don’t even get me started about trust fund babies. The only thing worse is trust fund adults. And people who play the pipes, bagpipes. When is the last time you downloaded an album of bagpipe greatest hits?

Ah, but my imaginary god says gay sex is bad. So, it's different. ;)

You can do whatever you want inside your church.

But you might get upset if we tried to make Christian marriage illegal

That's because the Constitution gives us the right for free religious expressions of faith. But, why do you believe you have the right to force religious people who believe that homosexual acts are sinful to God to bake cakes and participate in the vileness of gay weddings?

That's because the Constitution gives us the right for free religious expressions of faith. But, why do you believe you have the right to force religious people who believe that interracial marriages are sinful to God to bake cakes and participate in the vileness of interracial weddings??

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for you.

This isn't a forum for racism. This is about religious beliefs. So, go back and try again. See, people have a choice to play heterosexual or homosexual post office. People don't have a choice on where they were born and the color of their skin. So, you can't switch those things.

This isn't a forum for racism. This is about religious beliefs. So, go back and try again. See, people have a choice to play heterosexual or homosexual post office. People don't have a choice on where they were born and the color of their skin. So, you can't switch those things.

Tell me at what age did you decide to be straight?

That's because the Constitution gives us the right for free religious expressions of faith. But, why do you believe you have the right to force religious people who believe that homosexual acts are sinful to God to bake cakes and participate in the vileness of gay weddings?

That tired reason again.
State laws preside over the operation of businesses. State laws are agreed to by every business owner when they apply for and accept said business license.

where did the OP bring religion into it?

Up front---I am not in favor of gays being attacked or victimized in any way. Their affliction is not self imposed or chosen but the result of an unfortunate act of nature and if it were the norm, most of us would not be here today.

Those, mostly on the liberal left are working hard to normalize gay behavior to the detriment of us all. How did Sodom and Gomorrah work out? The left leaning agenda has progressed so far in the media that almost every prime time show on TV includes some type of gay activity. Pandering politicians have passed laws the favor the LGBTQ crowd making them a separate protected segment of society. I have actually seen a commercial recently that had two gay men swapping spit. You can shove this stuff down my throat but I will not accept it as gospel.

I have this question of all parents of a young teenage boy. What will be the outcome after you have been brain washed into thinking that the gay life style is perfectly ok, it’s normal behavior and not to be questioned as if it were actually gods way.

This is one result I see coming down the road. Guys, think back to your early teen years when you were the victim of raging hormones. To coin an old phrase---“he would screw a snake if someone held it down”. Unpleasant statement but so true, boys and men are sexually aggressive (natures way). Your sons are or will experience the same emotions and urges as will all of his friends. Remember the good old sleepovers of the past? Just what do you think will be going on when every kid there has the same view about how normal gay sex is? Got the picture in your mind. Is that really ok with you?

Your turn, go for it.

It is normal for a small percentage of people to be homosexual. It doesn't hurt anyone. The bible was written thousands of years ago in a very narrow-minded culture. And unless you read it in the original language you can't know exactly what it meant. Even then, you would have to go back in time and understand the cultural context.

Unless someone tries to force you to have homosexual relations, homosexuality is NONE of your business. It doesn't hurt you, or any one. Stop trying to destroy people's lives if they aren't trying to destroy yours.

It is normal for a small percentage of people to be homosexual. It doesn't hurt anyone. The bible was written thousands of years ago in a very narrow-minded culture. And unless you read it in the original language you can't know exactly what it meant. Even then, you would have to go back in time and understand the cultural context.

Unless someone tries to force you to have homosexual relations, homosexuality is NONE of your business. It doesn't hurt you, or any one. Stop trying to destroy people's lives if they aren't trying to destroy yours.

Agreed. While the desert nomads were probably against homosexaul activity, they weren't against incest and having sex with minors soooooo.....

Also note the Romans and Greeks were known to tolerate homosexuality.

Agreed. While the desert nomads were probably against homosexaul activity, they weren't against incest and having sex with minors soooooo.....

Also note the Romans and Greeks were known to tolerate homosexuality.

Probably every culture tolerated homosexuality. It doesn't hurt anyone.

You know what the bible really was against? Gang rape. It is mentioned repeatedly in the Old Testament. Apparently it was a popular sport back then. Now that DOES hurt people. And the bible forbids it, in very direct and unambiguous statements.

Homosexuality, on the other hand, is barely mentioned and no one knows for sure how to translate it or what exactly it means.

Probably every culture tolerated homosexuality. It doesn't hurt anyone.

You know what the bible really was against? Gang rape. It is mentioned repeatedly in the Old Testament. Apparently it was a popular sport back then. Now that DOES hurt people. And the bible forbids it, in very direct and unambiguous statements.

Homosexuality, on the other hand, is barely mentioned and no one knows for sure how to translate it or what exactly it means.

All good points. So why do you think the toe-tapping Republican party has a hard-on for homosexuality.....puns intended. :)

All good points. So why do you think the toe-tapping Republican party has a hard-on for homosexuality.....puns intended. :)

Uh ... because they're nuts? Because people in general don't know how to read? Because people in general love to hate?

I doubt it's most Republicans, maybe just the evangelical wing of the party. The evangelicals aren't known for clear thinking.

Anyone who really did read the bible would know that homosexuality is almost never mentioned, and never in a clear way. And that MANY OTHER THINGS are harped on REPEATEDLY. Like don't worship graven images! Jesus on the cross isn't a graven image?? WTF are these people thinking? Nothing, they aren't thinking at all.

Uh ... because they're nuts? Because people in general don't know how to read? Because people in general love to hate?

I doubt it's most Republicans, maybe just the evangelical wing of the party. The evangelicals aren't known for clear thinking.

Anyone who really did read the bible would know that homosexuality is almost never mentioned, and never in a clear way. And that MANY OTHER THINGS are harped on REPEATEDLY. Like don't worship graven images! Jesus on the cross isn't a graven image?? WTF are these people thinking? Nothing, they aren't thinking at all.
Agreed....and since the Evangelicals have taken over the party, here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom