• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:363]accepting gay as normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: accepting gay as normal

I watch a show called "A million little things". On this show, there is a little boy who is at the age where same sex experimentation takes place. He is outwardly gay. He is intelligent, likeable, and actually an all around great boy. His coming out was treated as a great thing, and his gayness is celebrated on the show. Before I go any further, I believe sexual orientation is not a choice, and for whatever reason, some of us are born gay. I don't view it as good , bad or indifferent, but as something that was written in our DNA.
So my problem with that particular show, is it will be seen by millions of young kids, many of which are going through their "experimental phase", that will believe they must be gay, because they become sexually aroused when this experimentation takes place. Then, as they pass through puberty, and they begin being aroused by girls, and not boys, how confusing will that be. Especially if they were "openly gay". And to be clear, I believe we are all born with our sexual orientation, and there's no way to change it. My daughter came out shortly after high school. She said she didn't realize this fully until after puberty. I don't believe sexual orientation can be determined until puberty or after.
I have always believed being gay was okay, yet knew I was attracted to boys even before puberty. My parents never placed a stigma on being gay. It doesnt work that way. And besides, it is simple to avoid such confusion by parents explaining things to their kids. If it's ok to be either gay or straight or bisexual, to be attracted to who ever you are attracted to, and they are consenting, then it doesnt matter.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

They attempt to limit who's speech is available to hear. I'm speaking as an attendee of events that gays want to censor out. Read about "cancel culture" for more detail.

That is absurd. Only the government can limit someone's speech by fines and incarceration. Having someone argue with you is not liming your free speech.

Has the government fined anyone for not accepting LGBT people? Where is the gay acceptance law that they would be enforcing?

But, do you know for sure it's DNA? The last study I saw suggests it's Biological and not Genetic. Then, again, I've also seen where it's environmental. Then, again, it could be just the carnal evil nature of man that stirs up the curiosity of desire for the same-sex attraction. Then, again, I know lesbians who hate men because they were raped and brutalized and have dealt with their abuse through gay love. I think, you think, who knows, right? What I do know is God has said not to have sexual relations outside a legally and lawful marriage between a man and a woman of heterosexual sexual relations.
Being gay isnt evil. Hating or discriminating against or trying to incarcerate or kill gays for their relationships is.

I have always believed being gay was okay, yet knew I was attracted to boys even before puberty. My parents never placed a stigma on being gay. It doesnt work that way. And besides, it is simple to avoid such confusion by parents explaining things to their kids. If it's ok to be either gay or straight or bisexual, to be attracted to who ever you are attracted to, and they are consenting, then it doesnt matter.

For me, it's not the homosexuals themselves that are irritating. It's the political aspect of their efforts that are off-putting.

If that's the case, they shouldn't advocate things that impose on others, specifically things that impose on people for exercising their religious beliefs.

Also, seeking to be royalty by wanting crimes to have enhanced punishment depending on who the victim is.
It is religious belief that interracial couples should not marry. It is not a widely held belief anymore, but still a religious belief. It is a fairly common religious belief that people of two different religions or one with any religion and another with none should not get married. Should these people be allowed to discriminate also?

For me, it's not the homosexuals themselves that are irritating. It's the political aspect of their efforts that are off-putting.

Sounds like Christians

Then maybe people shouldn't try to deny them equal rights and fair treatment under the laws and they wouldn't need to get political.

Then maybe people shouldn't try to deny them equal rights and fair treatment under the laws and they wouldn't need to get political.

Being treated as royalty doesn't constitute "fair treatment".

Lol. Where are gays demanding that? Evidence of such claims would be needed. Evidence that they are asking for special treatment that wouldn't apply to heterosexuals in the same way.

Up front---I am not in favor of gays being attacked or victimized in any way. Their affliction is not self imposed or chosen but the result of an unfortunate act of nature and if it were the norm, most of us would not be here today.

Those, mostly on the liberal left are working hard to normalize gay behavior to the detriment of us all. How did Sodom and Gomorrah work out? The left leaning agenda has progressed so far in the media that almost every prime time show on TV includes some type of gay activity. Pandering politicians have passed laws the favor the LGBTQ crowd making them a separate protected segment of society. I have actually seen a commercial recently that had two gay men swapping spit. You can shove this stuff down my throat but I will not accept it as gospel.

I have this question of all parents of a young teenage boy. What will be the outcome after you have been brain washed into thinking that the gay life style is perfectly ok, it’s normal behavior and not to be questioned as if it were actually gods way.

This is one result I see coming down the road. Guys, think back to your early teen years when you were the victim of raging hormones. To coin an old phrase---“he would screw a snake if someone held it down”. Unpleasant statement but so true, boys and men are sexually aggressive (natures way). Your sons are or will experience the same emotions and urges as will all of his friends. Remember the good old sleepovers of the past? Just what do you think will be going on when every kid there has the same view about how normal gay sex is? Got the picture in your mind. Is that really ok with you?

Your turn, go for it.

You seem kind of obsessed with GAY SEX.

Then stop trying to discriminate against them and they wont have to get political and fight for equal rights.

Why is it so difficult for you and other conservatives to treat others as equals?

You seem kind of obsessed with GAY SEX.

He is either deep in the closet or he is jealous that they have a better sex life than he does.

Wanted to be treated on the same playing field as heterosexuals in our society, isn't anything close to "royal treatment. It's equal treatment.

I watch a show called "A million little things". On this show, there is a little boy who is at the age where same sex experimentation takes place. He is outwardly gay. He is intelligent, likeable, and actually an all around great boy. His coming out was treated as a great thing, and his gayness is celebrated on the show. Before I go any further, I believe sexual orientation is not a choice, and for whatever reason, some of us are born gay. I don't view it as good , bad or indifferent, but as something that was written in our DNA.
So my problem with that particular show, is it will be seen by millions of young kids, many of which are going through their "experimental phase", that will believe they must be gay, because they become sexually aroused when this experimentation takes place. Then, as they pass through puberty, and they begin being aroused by girls, and not boys, how confusing will that be. Especially if they were "openly gay". And to be clear, I believe we are all born with our sexual orientation, and there's no way to change it. My daughter came out shortly after high school. She said she didn't realize this fully until after puberty. I don't believe sexual orientation can be determined until puberty or after.

Puberty and hormones and stuff is going to be a confusing thing regardless if kids watch a show with gay people in it.

Wanted to be treated on the same playing field as heterosexuals in our society, isn't anything close to "royal treatment. It's equal treatment.

That seems to escape homophobes.

Huh? Where are gay people treated like Royalty? Are you referring to Queens in a drag show?

No. I don't think the government should force homosexuals to adopt Christian views and I don't think the government should force Christians to accept homosexual views.

Of course.

Hate crime statutes on their face imply that some crime victims have more value than others.

Hate crime statutes on their face imply that some crime victims have more value than others.

Not at all. We have many laws on the books that seek to address the differences in crimes.

For example, if a man comes home and finds his wife and best friend in bed, in a rage he shoots both of them dead. He has committed murder. A bank robber, in the execution of the robbery, randomly shoots two bank patrons. He too, has committed murder. However, the law allows for different penalties in these two cases BECAUSE of why they were committed.

The bank robber had no beef with the two bank customers, whereas the husband did have a beef with his wife and friend. Neither murder is justified or excused, but we as a society can understand the husband's motivation. Some might even sympathize with him. On the other hand, we have absolutely no sympathy for someone who commits murder against innocent bystanders.

Assaulting or killing someone "because they are gay" is different than "because they wronged me." +

Can you or any other conservatives explain the process of being forced to accept gay people? Who is forcing you and what is the process of you being forced to accept them? Do LGBT people harass you on the street with petitions or do they know on your door at 8:00 am on Saturday and harass you as Mormons and Nazareenes do?

I have many LGBT friends but they have never mentioned this accepting process, so I'm kind of in the dark about what you have been forced to undergo at their evil hands. What would happen if you don't accept them? Do they glitter bomb you, your house, your car, and your pets as reprisal? Are their hostile makeovers threatened?

Please don't put words in my mouth. I said nothing of the kind. Not that I have to qualify myself to you or anybody else, but I DO accept my daughter and her wife, they are welcome in my home and I love them both equally. I know what it's like to see a child go through the trials and tribulations of sexual identity, the confusion, guilt, and fear of coming to grips of her own identity. I held her while she cried many times. I felt helpless. All I could do was be there for her, and support her no matter what. She's awesome, and her wife is a wonderful woman. I just don't think an 8 year old, or prepubescent kids for that matter, can really know if they are gay or not. I explained how the show I was speaking of may unnecessarily confuse them. That's JMHO. That's it...….an opinion. And FYI, I'm probably socially more liberal than you are. Remember the profile say's "leans conservative". We are "many and varied." Pay less attention to labels, and more to what posters actually post. Thanks for your input though.:peace

To my shock, one of my daughters biggest fears was disappointing my wife and I. I was so confused. I asked her what I ever did or said to make you think I held any animus toward gays? She knew my closest friend was gay, and how I felt about the whole subject in general, which was actually indifference, and she said nothing! She was worried about upsetting my wife, as they used to talk about a wedding one day, and she assumed anything but a "traditional" marriage would break our heart!! Then she went on to say how lucky she was to have us for parents, and how bad she felt for many of her friends, especially her wife. Sadly, her family disowned her when she came out to the and moved in with my daughter. She told my daughter how happy it made her when I called her my "other daughter". It's heart breaking.

Not at all. We have many laws on the books that seek to address the differences in crimes.

For example, if a man comes home and finds his wife and best friend in bed, in a rage he shoots both of them dead. He has committed murder. A bank robber, in the execution of the robbery, randomly shoots two bank patrons. He too, has committed murder. However, the law allows for different penalties in these two cases BECAUSE of why they were committed.

The bank robber had no beef with the two bank customers, whereas the husband did have a beef with his wife and friend. Neither murder is justified or excused, but we as a society can understand the husband's motivation. Some might even sympathize with him. On the other hand, we have absolutely no sympathy for someone who commits murder against innocent bystanders.

Assaulting or killing someone "because they are gay" is different than "because they wronged me." +

It's not that clear cut. If the husband that killed the man with his wife did it the next day it would be premeditated murder which is a much more serious crime than the bank robber who killed a security guard that caught him by surprise.

Up front---I am not in favor of gays being attacked or victimized in any way. Their affliction is not self imposed or chosen but the result of an unfortunate act of nature and if it were the norm, most of us would not be here today.

Homosexuality is not an "affliction"

Why do you call it "unfortunate" ?

Those, mostly on the liberal left are working hard to normalize gay behavior to the detriment of us all....

Why is the acceptance of homosexuality to the "detriment" of anybody ?

How did Sodom and Gomorrah work out?

It's a Bible story. You may as well ask how did it work out for Sauron in the Lord of the Rings

The left leaning agenda has progressed so far in the media that almost every prime time show on TV includes some type of gay activity.

Really ?

Do you have evidence for that ?

Pandering politicians have passed laws the favor the LGBTQ crowd making them a separate protected segment of society....

Which laws ?

I have actually seen a commercial recently that had two gay men swapping spit....

So what ?

I have this question of all parents of a young teenage boy. What will be the outcome after you have been brain washed into thinking that the gay life style is perfectly ok....

It ***is*** perfectly OK

This realization requires no brainwashing

The "brain washing" is what's been done to you that your brain fosters such objections

This is one result I see coming down the road. Guys, think back to your early teen years when you were the victim of raging hormones. To coin an old phrase---“he would screw a snake if someone held it down”. Unpleasant statement but so true, boys and men are sexually aggressive (natures way). Your sons are or will experience the same emotions and urges as will all of his friends. Remember the good old sleepovers of the past? Just what do you think will be going on when every kid there has the same view about how normal gay sex is? Got the picture in your mind. Is that really ok with you?

Yes

And you've been brainwashed into thinking there's a god that actually cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom