• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:286] Are US child migrant detainees entitled to soap and beds?

Re: Government argues that child migrant detainees are not entitled to soap and beds

So people who when confronted with facts, like you were, denied those facts, like you did, without offering or suggesting why those facts were wrong elected Trump? I can buy that!

Keep pushing those >facts< bra - it's the sure path to victory!

:donkeyfla

Re: Government argues that child migrant detainees are not entitled to soap and beds

Spare me your faux outrage. You are dehumanizing these migrants with your reckless choice of words.

You're on the spectrum of support for literal genocide, and therefore your opinion is trash and does not deserve any respect whatsoever.

Ladies and gentleman,

Truly, this cannot be made up.

:donketfla

The only rights that are under assault are those of migrants whom we are treating worse than animals. Well guess what. In the United States of America, even if you break a law, you have rights. You can't just throw a child into a cage, starve them, and create conditions where many of them have been sexually assaulted.

So spare me your pathetic faux outrage against the misdemeanor of crossing the border without proper documentation while discounting the type of cruelty in tRump concentration camps that should have stayed back in the Dark Ages.

Orange Man Dark Ages New Zombie Thanos Hitler = Monstrous Evil Buffoon

RESIST!!!!

I believe I've already covered that...You really should read the thread before responding....

Evil Apprentice Hitler is LITERALLY eating Latin children alive - there's no time for anything but hysterical shrieking, sir.

Resist.

Have you a response for this?

4 Severely Ill Migrant Toddlers Hospitalized After Lawyers Visit Border Patrol Facility | HuffPost

"4 Severely Ill Migrant Toddlers Hospitalized After Lawyers Visit Border Patrol Facility
The kids were unresponsive, feverish and vomiting, yet receiving no medical care, according to lawyers."

Well, we know lawyers never grossly misrepresent facts and lie constantly to serve their interests, so it all must be true.

And worse.

Much, much worse.

Orange Zombie Child Killer must be resisted!

Have we done something in the past 19 years more inhuman than ripping families apart and having children die in concentration camps? Please, do tell.

^^^ Slept through the wanton US terror attacks on Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria under Bush II and Obama, and the direct destruction of millions of lives thereby.

Prefers the hysterical >concentration camp< myth being pimped by cynical partisans.

Orange Man Bad!

Resist, pls.

Show me EXACTLY where you condemned the deplorable conditions in the tRump concentration camps and called for their immediate improvement. A post number will suffice.

J-mac, I'd also like to know EXACTLY where you were during the Lindbergh kidnapping, and why you haven't condemned it.

^^^ Slept through the wanton US terror attacks on Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria under Bush II and Obama, and the direct destruction of millions of lives thereby.

Prefers the hysterical >concentration camp< myth being pimped by cynical partisans.

Orange Man Bad!

Resist, pls.

Too simplistic considering

1 there were huge demonstration by the "leftists" before the Iraqi war

2. You assume that the alternative of not striking in Afghanistan and Libya would result in less innocent victims. Says who?

On the other hand, I accept that comparing the conditions in detention centers to those in concentration camps is political hyperbole. I just push back to your attempt to try to compare completely different situations in which there were not clear alternatives (at least in Afghanistan's and Libya's case) to a situation today where the alternative of providing some minimum decent conditions for the detainees can be easily accomplished in the wealthiest country of the world.

Too simplistic considering

1 there were huge demonstration by the "leftists" before the Iraqi war

2. You assume that the alternative of not striking in Afghanistan and Libya would result in less innocent victims. Says who?

On the other hand, I accept that comparing the conditions in detention centers to those in concentration camps is political hyperbole. I just push back to your attempt to try to compare completely different situations in which there were not clear alternatives (at least in Afghanistan's and Libya's case) to a situation today where the alternative of providing some minimum decent conditions for the detainees can be easily accomplished in the wealthiest country of the world.

You may want to read what I was responding to, but you seem a reasonable sort despite selectively defending US terror.

Oh yes, convening to eliminate genocidal dictators and terrorist groups are anywhere near the same as the complete dehumanization of people seeking asylum into America. You really got me there.

220px-Fingers_and_thumb_in_circle_downward_motion.jpg

You may want to read what I was responding to, but you seem a reasonable sort despite selectively defending US terror.

I never defended the Iraqi invasion. And I was openly against it even though I was a quite recent immigrant in this country at that time. I did find the Afghanistan invasion reasonable and in fact unavoidable. As for the Libyan bombings I did not have strong feelings one way or another because the situation on the ground was complicated with the different opposition groups and because there was never a plan of a massive military intervention.

Oh yes, convening to eliminate genocidal dictators and terrorist groups are anywhere near the same as the complete dehumanization of people seeking asylum into America. You really got me there.

Cannot make it up...

:hm

It's a wonderfully emotional article designed to paint those working within a totally overwhelmed system of being callous, and, cruel...Truth is though, (from your own piece) "Congress has not yet passed an emergency funding package that would include almost $3 billion to help care for unaccompanied migrant children." So you tell me? These conditions are terrible, and they shock, and repulse any normal, compassionate person, but, what are your solutions?

For instance, would it be a proper argument from me to say that Congress, controlled by Democrats, are perpetuating this crisis by not addressing it, so that these conditions can be used politically against their opponents? I would if I were acting like Democrats today....

Glad you can acknowledge that it’s emotional, albeit not in a “wonderful” way. One would have to be an absolutely callous human being incapable of empathy or compassion not feel anything. You know. Like our President. The Democrats are not in complete control of Congress. The House can pass bills but McConnell blocks them from coming to a vote in the Senate.

And I know a few things that would do and not do. I would make sure that the emergency funding focuses on humanitarian relief and not building a useless wall. And I also wouldn’t be cutting foreign aid to Central America and make the problems that are driving migrants here even worse.

I never defended the Iraqi invasion. And I was openly against it even though I was a quite recent immigrant in this country at that time. I did find the Afghanistan invasion reasonable and in fact unavoidable. As for the Libyan bombings I did not have strong feelings one way or another because the situation on the ground was complicated with the different opposition groups and because there was never a plan of a massive military intervention.

Good on Iraq. :)

Our threats/attacks on Afghanistan were classic, wanton terrorism by our own definitions of same. :(

The attacks on Libya were more complex - though still wanton - cynical regime change efforts, and constitute massive war crimes. :(

Well, we know lawyers never grossly misrepresent facts and lie constantly to serve their interests, so it all must be true.

And worse.

Much, much worse.

Orange Zombie Child Killer must be resisted!

Not her first rodeo in this arena. Go ahead and challenge her.

That about sums up my reaction to nearly every post you make.

They have the right to go back to the wonderful country they left if we are treating them so bad. They can just walk back across to the wonderful country of Mexico that has already offered them asylum under international law. They have the right to be punished for breaking our immigration laws.

So let me get this straight: Refugees who commit the misdemeanor of crossing the border without proper documentation deserve to be treated with cruelty? Even if they are children?

What kind of moral standards do you have, Pipewrench? That these migrants broke a law is absolutely irrelevant to my point. Even murderers and pedophiles have the right not to be treated with cruelty behind bars, much less people who violate far lesser crimes such as crossing the border without proper documentation.

We have the right to decide who immigrates to our country not these lawless losers. Sorry but we don't need any more lawless people in this country. We already have to many that support the lawless.

An excellent set of talking points for voting Democratic in 2020! :thumbs:

For the tax dollars Trump wastes on golf trips to his own club he makes us pay for, plus the money he pisses away on his rallies and now plans to blow on this 4th of July debacle he has planned, we could probably afford to buy some soap for a few imprisoned children in the Trump Concentration Camps. No?

They sell toothbrushes in Latin America

They also sell them in the U.S. I just checked online and you can buy 1,000 of them for about $150. If we decide to detain children, we can sure as hell give them a toothbrush, and some soap. We don't because those running the place 1) just don't give a damn about the welfare of the children, or 2) the cruelty/hardship is the POINT, a feature, or 3) both. Normally incompetence would be an option, but nobody is that f'ing incompetent.

This whole thread is out of order - I'm putting EVERYBODY on ignore!!!

Question--that link isn't taking me to the right post. Which post #?

What the heck are you doing man?

Post #252 in a conversation with uptower. I said:

"I also would like to see these facilities provide at least the essentials"....

https://www.debatepolitics.com/brea...entitled-soap-and-beds-26.html#post1070235373

Then in post #254 to pmak I said:

"You're not going to get me to argue that the Government shouldn't be providing the essentials, while these people are housed on our soil..."

https://www.debatepolitics.com/brea...entitled-soap-and-beds-26.html#post1070235382

Now what are you trying to pull? If you don't believe me, then I really have no interest in discussing anything with you...

I have not heard anyone in the Trump administration plead for money for soap, toothpaste or beds.

"The administration wants roughly $4.5 billion in supplemental funding, including $3.3 billion for humanitarian aid. Top GOP senators are now warning that money for vital services along the border will run out in a matter of weeks unless Congress takes action.

Extra border assistance was on the brink of being included in the recent disaster aid package, but it got yanked after a stalemate on immigration threatened passage of the $19.1 billion recovery bill..."

Trump's border aid request stalls amid fresh obstacles | TheHill

So, now the question is, why is Nancy Pelosi, and Democrats denying these detained immigrants the essentials?

Back
Top Bottom