• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[*W:193*] Israel considers banning entry to outspoken US congresswomen

I think he meant "shut up about Israel or else".

Those two congresswoman in my opinion have been nothing more than a humorous sideshow that Trump keeps relevant for some reason. That in my opinion is very stupid of him. But it seems to fit his thin skin, egotistical persona.

Let Israel do what it wants with regard to those two. I think I'd be hesitant to allow someone who is siding with the enemy more or less into my country. Now if they were coming to put a stop to the rocket attacks etc. which would stop the ever going on of retaliation. Then perhaps I'd be more open.

Or perhaps Gaza should become part of Egypt, then we see how that works out with the west bank to be dealt with later.

Israel read Trump's tweet. They made their own decision.

Research is your friend...why not do some?
“Israel has decided. We won’t enable the members of Congress to enter the country,” Deputy Foreign Minister Tzipi Hotovely told the Kan public broadcaster. “We won’t allow those who deny our right to exist in this world to enter Israel. In principle this is a very justified decision.”

Stop making Israel out to be a country of dumb****s who take their cue from Trump. Trump is a great friend of Israel and that's what you're ignoring.

They're not dumb****s who take their clue from Trump, they are practical people who rely on the United States for BILLIONS in aid, and see no reason to go against the interests of the President on this issue.

Again, if you want to pretend that what POTUS says with regard to the issue wasn't relevant, fine. But I'm not a damn idiot so I won't ignore that POTUS used his influence to convince Israel to deny them entry. Trump made a very public attempt to sway that decision, and what do you know - Israel backed out of, reversed, a public commitment they made just a month ago!

The problem is POTUS instructed them to deny entry, contrary to Israel's previous pledge to allow entry to any member of Congress. And Israel did as instructed by POTUS. If Trump kept his damn mouth shut for once, you could have attributed the decision to Israel, but the idiot in chief can't help himself.

So now we have a POTUS dishonestly attacking members of Congress, instructing other countries to deny them entry, based on their political speech. Shouldn't we all be able to agree that's a bad precedent?

Exactly how much weight do Trump's "instructions" have in Israel? How does that even work? He has no authority whatsoever over decisions made by the Knesset or any department of the Israeli government.

The way some people are so easily able to identify opinions in others but not themselves never ceases to amuse me.

The way some people are so easily able to identify opinions in others but not themselves never ceases to amuse me.

It's pretty easy to identify. Opinions with NO evidence are uninformed opinions.

Those two congresswoman in my opinion have been nothing more than a humorous sideshow that Trump keeps relevant for some reason. That in my opinion is very stupid of him. But it seems to fit his thin skin, egotistical persona.

Let Israel do what it wants with regard to those two.

Right, that's what our idiot in chief should have done. Kept out of this decision. But he CHOSE to make a very public demand, really, of Israel to deny them entry, and Israel reversed a decision they made a month ago to allow them entry and did just as Trump instructed.

They're not dumb****s who take their clue from Trump, they are practical people who rely on the United States for BILLIONS in aid, and see no reason to go against the interests of the President on this issue.

Again, if you want to pretend that what POTUS says with regard to the issue wasn't relevant, fine. But I'm not a damn idiot so I won't ignore that POTUS used his influence to convince Israel to deny them entry. Trump made a very public attempt to sway that decision, and what do you know - Israel backed out of, reversed, a public commitment they made just a month ago!

You do KNOW that these two congresswomen called for a boycott of Israel, don't you?
It's not my responsibility to connect the dots for you.

It's pretty easy to identify. Opinions with NO evidence are uninformed opinions.

Uh, Opinions with evidence are still opinions too.

And there is evidence for my opinions as Trixareforkids was kind enough to provide in post #38.

Uh, Opinions with evidence are still opinions too.

And there is evidence for my opinions as Trixareforkids was kind enough to provide in post #38.

My pleasure, eman623.

Leftists don't like facts.
They argue everything from the emotional sleeve; logical fallacies.

Exactly how much weight do Trump's "instructions" have in Israel? How does that even work? He has no authority whatsoever over decisions made by the Knesset or any department of the Israeli government.

Give me a break. You're demanding we all be naive idiots and pretend that the United States has no influence on Israel.

This is what Trump has done to the discourse. To defend him, people demand we all become idiots. There are about 100 levers we could pull to encourage or discourage Israel's decision here. What we know is while the decision was being made, Trump pulled a big lever to very publicly encourage them to deny entry and they did as POTUS wanted. Only the very stupid or very naive can believe that had no impact.

Because you never make any sense, Pi. You are always at 1,000% paranoia and conspiracy theory level. You speak in absolutes (a lot like Trump does) and never weigh in the facts. You speak entirely out of emotion.

This made me smile.

I needed a smile as I consider this next dark chapter in our un-American president actually doing things of the sort which the Right so often accused Obama of wanting to do, and hardly a whimper from the right as Trump cuts our principles down at the knees.

Right, that's what our idiot in chief should have done. Kept out of this decision. But he CHOSE to make a very public demand, really, of Israel to deny them entry, and Israel reversed a decision they made a month ago to allow them entry and did just as Trump instructed.

:2bigcry:

Wow, Trump is a vindictive little twat. /thread

The problem is POTUS instructed them to deny entry, contrary to Israel's previous pledge to allow entry to any member of Congress. And Israel did as instructed by POTUS. If Trump kept his damn mouth shut for once, you could have attributed the decision to Israel, but the idiot in chief can't help himself.

So now we have a POTUS dishonestly attacking members of Congress, instructing other countries to deny them entry, based on their political speech. Shouldn't we all be able to agree that's a bad precedent?
^^^^THIS^^^^ ^^^^THIS^^^^

and the adorables are crawling all over each other to kiss the dumbass, obese, NPD laden mob boss's ass.

I think Hilary was being too nice when she called them deplorables.

It's a race to see how low they can go. I'm not so sure there's a bottom anymore.

:shrug:

If that's how we're doing politics now, cool. Maybe one of our former allies should ban the orange lump of **** from entry.

No, it is NOT good, not at all. Essentially Trump can control the choices made by other governments easily enough, Israel owns Trump too along with Russia and China. By influencing the decision made by Israel, Trump essentially silenced United States citizens who choose to use their First Amendment right by speaking out against the government. This is what dictators do, they silence opposition voices.

Wait...what?

Israel owns Trump........yet you contend Trump controls Israel?

Talk about ass backwards logic there pal.....

You do KNOW that these two congresswomen called for a boycott of Israel, don't you?
It's not my responsibility to connect the dots for you.

You do KNOW that the Ambassador said a month ago that they'd allow entry, then Trump weighed in, and Israel jumped like Trump publicly demanded, don't you?

Be gullible if you want. I'm not that stupid.

What's so sad and pathetic is next time Trump goes public with demands from a foreign government and that government does what Trump publicly demanded, all you guys will be giving Trump all the credit for influencing that decision. In this case, you expect us to pretend that public pressure from POTUS has NO INFLUENCE AT ALL!

It's so dumb that I can't really believe you are making the argument. Of course it matters what the United States as reflected by POTUS demands of foreign governments, especially Israel who relies on us for its very survival in many ways. That's a big part of POTUS's job - to use that position to make demands and get concessions from those foreign governments. But when it suits the argument, you guys pretend the opposite, that President of the United States has no influence whatsoever over foreign governments. Whatever it takes to defend Trump at that moment is all that matters, and you guys happily change your tune on that whenever Trump demands it. It's sad, really.

:2bigcry:

You: President of the United States has no influence on foreign policy decisions made by our allies and our foes.

Me: That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

You: Here's a smiley, that's the best defense I got.

Good. Both Omar and Tlaib hate Israel and Ilhan Omar furthers antisemitic conspiracy theories. Nothing good was going to come of their visit.

No one needs to invite one's enemies into one's parlor to stir up trouble.

How the hell do you know that no good could come of it???

Just because no good came from trump meeting with Kim does not mean that others can not act diplomatic and achieve positive results.

Other than pure childish behavior why would trump even do this???

This is just u believable!!!

Why should I possibly be concerned about a decision Israel made that effects absolutely nothing in my life?

Boom. Bottom line. The Jihad Squad gets entirely too much attention and let's face it, that's the set up here. Either way, they win. That's how they roll.

No way, no how would Omar and Tlaib come out of their visit to Israel in any way supportive or in any way less anti-Semitic.
They believe Israel has no right to exist. That's all you need to know.

Give me a break. You're demanding we all be naive idiots and pretend that the United States has no influence on Israel.

This is what Trump has done to the discourse. To defend him, people demand we all become idiots. There are about 100 levers we could pull to encourage or discourage Israel's decision here. What we know is while the decision was being made, Trump pulled a big lever to very publicly encourage them to deny entry and they did as POTUS wanted. Only the very stupid or very naive can believe that had no impact.

I'm not demanding anything! What the absolute **** are you people even talking about here?

The BDS movement has been going on for more than a decade, well before Trump. The two congressional representatives that Israel banned support that movement. Israel opposes that movement and the supporters of that movement. The prospect of denying the representatives a travel visa was already being discussed when Trump expressed his opinion.

The US made no threats or promises to Israel with a design to influence their decision. Trump, like Omar and Talib, expressed his opinion. Israel chose to make their own decision.

You: President of the United States has no influence on foreign policy decisions made by our allies and our foes.

Me: That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

You: Here's a smiley, that's the best defense I got.

Such disgust over one of America's closest allies and dearest friends; Israel. You label the POTUS as
our idiot in chief
while attempting to sway people to your side of the fence. That's some pretty funny stuff.

Your emotionally laden, faux outrage performance deserves a bow. :moon:

Back
Top Bottom