• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[*W:193*] Israel considers banning entry to outspoken US congresswomen

I am very familiar with Israel’s policy of blocking people and the populations of entire nations from entry. Other countries have also blocked all Israeli citizens from entry.

All of it bothers me. I think it’s wrong. I don’t think a country should ban people over speech, no country should do it.

I am also highly concerned that so many American right wingers in this country don’t see this an issue.

Your argument is a strawman because there are NO American "right wingers" in this country that believe people should be banned from entering a country simply over their speech.

However...

Israel’s decision to bar two sitting members of the US Congress is grounded in a 2017 law that blocks anyone who has publicly expressed support for a boycott of Israel from entering the country.
Why Israel banned US congresswomen Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar — Quartz

To the country of Israel, ...
Boycotts of Israel are a political tactic of avoiding economic, political and cultural ties with the State of Israel, with individual Israelis or with Israeli-based companies or organizations.[1] Boycott campaigns are used by those who oppose Israel's existence, or oppose Israel's policies or actions over the course of the Arab–Israeli conflict

Hence, those people who would partake or plan to partake in the above, as both the congressmen planned to do, do not legally have free speech in Israel.

Boycotts of Israel - Wikipedia

The problem with you is that you delude yourself into believing that the executive branch has the ultimate power....It doesn't just as it has not for every president who preceded President Trump.... There are two other branches of government.

The judicial said Trump's decision had nothing to do with banning Muslims because of their religion, because it never did.

Trump-O-Meter: Establish a ban on Muslims entering the U.S. | PolitiFact

Nothing more than projection and nonsense. I know very well that Trump doesn’t have ultimate power. I know the the US constitution does not govern Israel. Stop wasting you’re time quoting the dictionary and posting articles I perfectly understand

Nothing more than projection and nonsense. I know very well that Trump doesn’t have ultimate power. I know the the US constitution does not govern Israel. Stop wasting you’re time quoting the dictionary and posting articles I perfectly understand

Don't use big words you have no understanding, to which both words above, have no bearing on my argument.

Why are your defending the speech of these two congresswomen? It's been clearly pointed out above as to why they were not allowed entrance into Israel. It has nothing to do with speech rights. It has to do with a law.

It is clear that you have no understanding of this issue, hence the reason several posters besides myself have been trying to inform you that this has nothing to do with cutting off the congresswomen's right to free speech in Israel.

Your argument is a strawman because there are NO American "right wingers" in this country that believe people should be banned from entering a country simply over their speech.

However...

Why Israel banned US congresswomen Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar — Quartz

To the country of Israel, ...

Hence, those people who would partake or plan to partake in the above, as both the congressmen planned to do, do not legally have free speech in Israel.

Boycotts of Israel - Wikipedia

You don’t have very good reading comprehension

I said right wingers support the actions of Israel, and the central reasoning seems to be that they can legally ban people so they can. Hence, no issue. Americans didn’t talk like during the Cold War, and the American President has never told American born citizens and immigrants to go back where they came from.

American values are changing

Why are you a Trump supporter then? He called Trump a piece of garbage

At times Trump's speech is garbage.
I suggest you stop stereotyping and archive my posts where I have called out Trump's speech/tweeting plenty of times.

But no, you would rather lump all Trump supporters as the same.

Don't use big words you have no understanding, to which both words above, have no bearing on my argument.

Why are your defending the speech of these two congresswomen? It's been clearly pointed out above as to why they were not allowed entrance into Israel. It has nothing to do with speech rights. It has to do with a law.

It is clear that you have no understanding of this issue, hence the reason several posters besides myself have been trying to inform you that this has nothing to do with cutting off the congresswomen's right to free speech in Israel.

Where have I defended the speech of these women? You quoted me, and you don’t know what I have said and not said

You don’t have very good reading comprehension

I said right wingers support the actions of Israel, and the central reasoning seems to be that they can legally ban people so they can. Hence, no issue. Americans didn’t talk like during the Cold War, and the American President has never told American born citizens and immigrants to go back where they came from.

American values are changing

That will be the day you attempt to school anyone's lack of reading comprehension.
You don't even know what you say... you write one thing, and then pretend you didn't say it, and proceed to move the goalposts. That's your standard m/o.

Where have I defended the speech of these women? You quoted me, and you don’t know what I have said and not said

I know what you write...
All of it bothers me. I think it’s wrong. I don’t think a country should ban people over speech, no country should do it.

I am also highly concerned that so many American right wingers in this country don’t see this an issue.

At times Trump's speech is garbage.
I suggest you stop stereotyping and archive my posts where I have called out Trump's speech/tweeting plenty of times.

But no, you would rather lump all Trump supporters as the same.

Every Trump supporter says they don’t like his tweets, but they like what he does. His policies are garbage, and based on how he attacks people, his policies are not surprising. I am sure your Mexican in laws really appreciation you condemning his Twitter account though.

These arguments are exactly why Trumps rhetoric of a Muslim ban were a real threat. I am not comfortable with Israel’s policies on these matters, and other nations similarly targeting Israel. My husband can’t visit Israel, because of his birth place. His nation of origin does not allow anybody with an Israeli passport in either.

Americans shouldn’t be defending such immigration and entry policies. The American passport is currently the most powerful passport to hold in the world, and we don’t put a travel ban on somebody unless for good reason

There's no conclusive ban to enter Israel against any nationality in the world.
There's a list of countries (including Iran) where citizens who wish to visit Israel are required to arrange a visa prior to their arrival and only after an approval of such visa is gained will they be allowed to enter - but that's common to many countries.

Israelis who wish to visit the US for example are required to go through a long process of gaining a tourist visa to the US, through which they will surely have their social media platforms examined for any opinion or behavior the US doesn't approve of and in such case will not be let in. It's entirely legitimate and has nothing to do with free speech.

I think there's a lot of ignorance around this subject.

There's no conclusive ban to enter Israel against any nationality in the world.
There's a list of countries (including Iran) where citizens who wish to visit Israel are required to arrange a visa prior to their arrival and only after an approval of such visa is gained will they be allowed to enter - but that's common to many countries.

Israelis who wish to visit the US for example are required to go through a long process of gaining a tourist visa to the US, through which they will surely have their social media platforms examined for any opinion or behavior the US doesn't approve of and in such case will not be let in. It's entirely legitimate and has nothing to do with free speech.

I think there's a lot of ignorance around this subject.

I didn’t say the Israeli government has a ban on ethnic groups. I also think you’re down playing the issue. Anybody living and traveling in that part of the world has a concern about even having a stamp in the passport. It’s highly political to travel in and out of Arab countries and Israel, in fact, nobody is comfortable with doing it. Even a stamp in your passport can cause issues depending on which where you go and who sees it. Then there are outright bans. Numerous countries have an outright ban on Israel, and the Israeli government doesn’t allow travel.

Sorry, but I am not comfortable with my country and my country folk engaging and supporting travel policies like that.

I am very familiar with Israel’s policy of blocking people and the populations of entire nations from entry. Other countries have also blocked all Israeli citizens from entry.

Would you support British white supremacists going on a speaking tour of US towns? You think the US should let them in?

What about letting hardcore aryan antisemites into Israel to to give a speaking tour in Arab communities?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t say the Israeli government has a ban on ethnic groups. I also think you’re down playing the issue. Anybody living and traveling in that part of the world has a concern about even having a stamp in the passport. It’s highly political to travel in and out of Arab countries and Israel, in fact, nobody is comfortable with doing it. Even a stamp in your passport can cause issues depending on which where you go and who sees it. Then there are outright bans. Numerous countries have an outright ban on Israel, and the Israeli government doesn’t allow travel.

Sorry, but I am not comfortable with my country and my country folk engaging and supporting travel policies like that.

I meant to a ban on citizens from a specific country and I haven't downplayed anything.

The Israeli border officials do not place a stamp on the passport if you ask them not to, the state is aware that there are more than a few countries that will not let in anyone with such stamp and provides such people with a separate paper.

By the way I myself as an Israeli have visited an Arab country that officially does not allow any Israelis to enter, with my Israeli passport. So there's more to it than just black or white.

Like I said there's a lot of ignorance going around this issue.

Every Trump supporter says they don’t like his tweets, but they like what he does. His policies are garbage, and based on how he attacks people, his policies are not surprising. I am sure your Mexican in laws really appreciation you condemning his Twitter account though.

Please fail again.

Back
Top Bottom