• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[*W:193*] Israel considers banning entry to outspoken US congresswomen

Imagine a city less than 50 miles away from you. Imagine the people who live there hate you and want you dead or driven away. Imagine they lob missiles at you, try to blow you up and worship a God that they say also wants you dead. That's your typical Israeli's normal day. It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

Having said that, I don't agree with the ban. Israel should let the Israel-hating congresswomen visit. Maybe they will come to see that Israel isn't so bad after all. And if they still hate Israel after the visit, at least they can say they tried.

Man, you are way, WAY off base on this.

I can understand how you might be angry about the decision but the reason you give for being angry isn’t based in reality...at all.

You not being concerned even in the slightest speaks yuge volumes about you.

Imagine a city less than 50 miles away from you. Imagine the people who live there hate you and want you dead or driven away. Imagine they lob missiles at you, try to blow you up and worship a God that they say also wants you dead. That's your typical Israeli's normal day. It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

Having said that, I don't agree with the ban. Israel should let the Israel-hating congresswomen visit. Maybe they will come to see that Israel isn't so bad after all. And if they still hate Israel after the visit, at least they can say they tried.

They never said they hated Israel.

I generally don't agree with banning people for political reasons, but it is their country they can do what they want. Whether these Congresswomen or Michael Savage and the UK.

However, would have been fun to have both the Congresswomen get their passports stamped by Israel.

The UK doesn't rely on the USA's financial and military support. Seems like Israel should make a choice- keep trying to censor what American legislators say or keep cashing the cheques.

Do you even realize how stupid what you just said is?

I agree. And it makes me glad I don't live in Israel.

Yep, I agree. Not being allowed to visit Israel or any other country doesn't put a muzzle on what one says, writes or whatever here. The first amendment only applies here, not in Israel, Germany, China, Russia, Mexico or even Canada or England. Although the latter two would be a whole lot more lax that the others. But all being sovereign countries can either let me enter or deny entry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's official. Based on Trump's recommendation, Israel has banned both Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib. Wave 'bye bye' to your Constitutional freedoms people, they just got thrown out the window and are no longer part of the Constitution. Freedom of speech will come at a heavy price from now on.

Constitutional freedoms?
People in our country don't have constitutional protections in foreign countries.
Ask Michael Savage.

Israel is free to let them in or keep them out.
Stop fear mongering.

They never said they hated Israel.

And Luther never said he was not concerned in the slightest. But that didn't stop you from saying, "You not being concerned even in the slightest..."

I think the congresswomen do hate Israel nonetheless. It's called an opinion. Everyone has them, including you.

Last edited:
Yep, I agree. Not being allowed to visit Israel or any other country doesn't put a muzzle on what one says, writes or whatever here. The first amendment only applies here, not in Israel, Germany, China, Russia, Mexico or even Canada or England. Although the latter two would be a whole lot more lax that the others. But all being sovereign countries can either let me enter or deny entry.

I think he meant "shut up about Israel or else".

Constitutional freedoms?
People in our country don't have constitutional protections in foreign countries.
Ask Michael Savage.

Stop fear mongering.

The problem is POTUS instructed them to deny entry, contrary to Israel's previous pledge to allow entry to any member of Congress. And Israel did as instructed by POTUS. If Trump kept his damn mouth shut for once, you could have attributed the decision to Israel, but the idiot in chief can't help himself.

So now we have a POTUS dishonestly attacking members of Congress, instructing other countries to deny them entry, based on their political speech. Shouldn't we all be able to agree that's a bad precedent?

You can think that all you want. Doesn't change the fact they never implied they hate Israel.

LOL. So "never said they hated Israel" has now morphed into "never implied". In your opinion.

I can agree they have never said it, at least not publicly, but they have certainly implied it. In my opinion.

The problem is POTUS instructed them to deny entry, contrary to Israel's previous pledge to allow entry to any member of Congress. And Israel did as instructed by POTUS. If Trump kept his damn mouth shut for once, you could have attributed the decision to Israel, but the idiot in chief can't help himself.

So now we have a POTUS dishonestly attacking members of Congress, instructing other countries to deny them entry, based on their political speech. Shouldn't we all be able to agree that's a bad precedent?

Israel has, in the past, banned others from entering their country... Do you have proof that Israel banned these two, enemies of Israel solely on Trump's suggestion?

I think Trump is acting as a true friend of Israel. No, that makes him a good president.
ymmv

They have freedom of speech. We have the first amendment, other countries do not. Those two can say whatever they want here in the USA. Israel is a sovereign country and can let whomever visit it wants or deny those they don't want to visit. Israel like very other nation has the right to allow those in they want in and to deny those entry they want to deny. This isn't a freedom of speech issue. Both congresswoman can continue to spout off and say whatever they want. That hasn't been hindered.

That's true in only the narrowest, technical sense. True, the decision was made by Israel, but when POTUS weighs in on that, and tells Israel not to allow them entry, the same country that relies on the U.S. for $billions in aid and other assistance, then it ceased being a decision made solely by Israel. A month ago the ambassador said Israel wouldn't deny entry to any member of Congress. Trump says otherwise, and Israel changed their decision. We can't be expected to ignore that.

Constitutional freedoms?
Ask Michael Savage.

Stop fear mongering.

Israel has every right to deny entry to people who show obvious hatred of Israel and support Hamas. They aren't beholden to our insane culture of virtue signalling.
If Israel offered an olive branch, I'm quite certain Tlaib and Omar would stab them in the neck with it.

LOL. So "never said they hated Israel" has now morphed into "never implied". In your opinion.

I can agree they have never said it, at least not publicly, but they have certainly implied it. In my opinion.

Yes, they implied hate for Israel because they are extremely outspoken critics of Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians and support a boycott of Israel.

Well you are free to have your uninformed opinion. Just don't expect a rational person to take it seriously.

Israel has every right to deny entry to people who show obvious hatred of Israel and support Hamas. They aren't beholden to our insane culture of virtue signalling.
If Israel offered an olive branch, I'm quite certain Tlaib and Omar would stab them in the neck with it.

Don't you love the leftist faux outrage as expressed by the O/P. Saying these two women's constitutional rights have been violated?
Talk about mangling the truth...

Last edited:
Yes, they implied hate for Israel because they are extremely outspoken critics of Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians and support a boycott of Israel.

So we hate North Koreans because of Kim's treatment and policies? :doh

Don't you love the left faux outrage as expressed by the O/P. Saying these two women's constitutional rights have been violated?
Talk about mangling the truth...

I think he meant "shut up about Israel or else".

Israel has, in the past, banned others from entering their country... Do you have proof that Israel banned these two, enemies of Israel solely on Trump's suggestion?

I think Trump is acting as a true friend of Israel. No, that makes him a good president.
ymmv

A month ago the Israeli ambassador said out of respect for the U.S. and Congress, they would NOT deny entry to any member of Congress. Trump weighs in and they change their minds.

Israel’s ambassador in the United States, Ron Dermer, said last month Tlaib and Omar would be let in, out of respect for the U.S. Congress and the U.S.-Israeli relationship.

Is that "proof?" What we know for certain is Trump sent a clear signal that the U.S. is AOK with countries denying travel visas to members of Congress who are Trump's political opponents. If you want to assert that had no influence, fine, but the rest of us don't have to be that gullible.

That's true in only the narrowest, technical sense. True, the decision was made by Israel, but when POTUS weighs in on that, and tells Israel not to allow them entry, the same country that relies on the U.S. for $billions in aid and other assistance, then it ceased being a decision made solely by Israel. A month ago the ambassador said Israel wouldn't deny entry to any member of Congress. Trump says otherwise, and Israel changed their decision. We can't be expected to ignore that.

Israel read Trump's tweet. They made their own decision.

Research is your friend...why not do some?
“Israel has decided. We won’t enable the members of Congress to enter the country,” Deputy Foreign Minister Tzipi Hotovely told the Kan public broadcaster. “We won’t allow those who deny our right to exist in this world to enter Israel. In principle this is a very justified decision.”

Stop making Israel out to be a country of dumb****s who take their cue from Trump. Trump is a great friend of Israel and that's what you're ignoring.

You not being concerned even in the slightest speaks yuge volumes about you.

Why should I possibly be concerned about a decision Israel made that effects absolutely nothing in my life?

Back
Top Bottom