• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:105]Two Minnesota Republican Candidates Assaulted

Re: Two Minnesota Republican Candidates Assaulted

Its going to get worse too. The years of condescending tones and name calling that depicts every conservative as a moron, PLUS this disgusting display over Kavanaugh have stripped the final veneer from the Libbies. The "Blue Wave" is now over. Even Cruz will maintain his Senate seat. And when the mid-terms are done...I figure the Libbies will collectively go right off the deep end.

Tip for you: insulting liberals isn't going to help. Just saying.

I find the disconnect involved in saying politics is toxic and insulting half of the people interesting to say the least.

Tip for you: insulting liberals isn't going to help. Just saying.

I find the disconnect involved in saying politics is toxic and insulting half of the people interesting to say the least.

You think recounting what they've done is insulting to them?

If we're gonna have a civil war to rid the nation of filthy leftie varmints, I say lets get the show on the road. The leftie varmints want war so lets give the pantywasted varmints what they want. After they get wiped off the map we can return to civility again and live happily ever after.

Moderator's Warning:
Stop the personal attacks and snipes folks. Stick to the topic and nothing but the topic.

I think if you're going to be condescending and calling them "libbies" it is.

I speaking of the Dumbocrats when I say "fascists".

My apologies; I thought it said "fascist for" when I first read it.

Many Liberal Democrats find themselves in the same place as moderate Republicans. That is a constituency without a party. Thus the large percent of folks that identify as independents.

Hmmmm......

Those who have been in armed conflicts are generally not anxious to participate in another.

This is not true at all. This is a Hollywood cliche from either people who know no better or from voices who should have never enlisted in the first place.

I reference you to those who enlisted after 9/11, deployed and pulled triggers in Iraq/Afghanistan...and then re-enlisted knowing that future deployments were on the agenda. That's the life and that is exactly what the U.S. should want in its military.

This cliche in the U.S. goes back to Vietnam, where most of the combatants were drafted and had no real wish to wear a uniform in the first place. Before this, plenty of World War II vets came back into service years later to fight in the Korean War.

This is not true at all. This is a Hollywood cliche from either people who know no better or from voices who should have never enlisted in the first place.

I reference you to those who enlisted after 9/11, deployed and pulled triggers in Iraq/Afghanistan...and then re-enlisted knowing that future deployments were on the agenda. That's the life and that is exactly what the U.S. should want in its military.

This cliche in the U.S. goes back to Vietnam, where most of the combatants were drafted and had no real wish to wear a uniform in the first place. Before this, plenty of World War II vets came back into service years later to fight in the Korean War.

It's not a cliche for me and many others I know. Perhaps it is for you. The transition to volunteer service has brought changes.

It's not a cliche for me and many others I know. Perhaps it is for you. The transition to volunteer service has brought changes.

There is absolutely no question that military enlistment brings about changes, whether combat duty or not. But your experience (combat or not) does not define others, which I have found to be a problem among Vets who bicker over what is and is not an experience. And I absolutely hate the term, "PTSD," because it is exploited as a term now and reduces the experience.

In the end, the cliche always wins, whether on Internet sites like this or in a Hollywood movie. In the end it is defined as thus:

- If you are emotionally wounded and unable to go on in society, you are a victim of government tyranny of which is not your fault, despite volunteering to enlist.
- If you are perfectly fine with accepting what you volunteered for and go on enlisting, you are a monster.

And this is where I wonder if the discussion is not more about a four-year enlistee who shouldn't have enlisted at all, and the careerist who re-enlists and re-enlists for the next engagement to get away from normal boring life.

There is absolutely no question that military enlistment brings about changes, whether combat duty or not. But your experience (combat or not) does not define others, which I have found to be a problem among Vets who bicker over what is and is not an experience. And I absolutely hate the term, "PTSD," because it is exploited as a term now and reduces the experience.

In the end, the cliche always wins, whether on Internet sites like this or in a Hollywood movie. In the end it is defined as thus:

- If you are emotionally wounded and unable to go on in society, you are a victim of government tyranny of which is not your fault, despite volunteering to enlist.
- If you are perfectly fine with accepting what you volunteered for and go on enlisting, you are a monster.

And this is where I wonder if the discussion is not more about a four-year enlistee who shouldn't have enlisted at all, and the careerist who re-enlists and re-enlists for the next engagement to get away from normal boring life.

I'm 68, and my experience is no doubt somewhat different than current and recent experience. I agree that PTSD is somewhat overblown. It's real enough, but despite the lethality of modern weaponry and the carnage that results, warfare has always been brutal. One can either deal with the trauma of that, or not.

I also agree that normal life, as you put it, can be boring when compared to the military. The transition to civilian life can be difficult, but for most, it will happen whether we like it or not. Advancing age and the accompanying physical deterioration are a fact of life.

I still maintain that the circumstances that drive the need to deploy and enter combat aren't to be celebrated. A soldier may relish the opportunity to do what he's trained to do - that's understandable - but the larger picture is the more important one. Of course, my age has a lot to do with that opinion.

If we're gonna have a civil war to rid the nation of filthy leftie varmints, I say lets get the show on the road. The leftie varmints want war so lets give the pantywasted varmints what they want. After they get wiped off the map we can return to civility again and live happily ever after.

That's not really a solution I would want.
It may come to that, but it should be avoided if at all possible.

I think if you're going to be condescending and calling them "libbies" it is.

I see.
And have you, by any chance, read what these fine people call conservatives?

Back
Top Bottom