• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:105]Two Minnesota Republican Candidates Assaulted

Re: Two Minnesota Republican Candidates Assaulted

'Member way back when, when some folks said that giving people permission to become increasingly aggressive with politicians they disagree with was going to lead to violence?

I 'Member.

You never gave a **** when republicans did it

"Donald wanted violence"
I think you're gonna have to show where Donald said he wants violence.
Please proceed.

LOL, we all know he advocates violence. I am not gonna play your game.

You know...I said in the other thread that I appreciate that at least you,unlike the other leftist clowns, openly admit to your unhinged hatred as the only thing that drives and motivates you, and I sincerely mean it. But...I DO wish you people would REALLY take it to the next level. I mean...you WANT a war...so maybe you people ought to openly declare it and lets just see where this thing goes rather than throwing sucker punches from mobs like a bunch of cowardly little bitches.

Those who have been in armed conflicts are generally not anxious to participate in another.

"You mean all those people are dead?"
"That's right, doughnut head. They're just meat now."

Most such big mouths would run and hide when confronted with the real brutality of war.

LOL, we all know he advocates violence. I am not gonna play your game.

We do not all know that. I have never heard Trump call for violence within the USA. Ever.
What do you think? That if you spew forth a lie often enough, people will start to believe it?
But hey...you had your sound-byte moment. You may now go play some other game.

Have a warm and fuzzy day...

We do not all know that. I have never heard Trump call for violence within the USA. Ever.
What do you think? That if you spew forth a lie often enough, people will start to believe it?
But hey...you had your sound-byte moment. You may now go play some other game.

Have a warm and fuzzy day...

Which only means you haven't been paying attention.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...e-of-the-many-times-trump-encouraged-violence

if you spew forth a lie often enough, people will start to believe it?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

The key to Donald's success among the dolts.

Ah yes..."knock the hell out of them".
I think that was during the campaign and said about disrespectful morons who came to his rallies just to cause an uproar?
OK...so I was wrong. He has sort of condoned violence, on people asking for it.
tell me...do you think these 2 in Minnesota ASKED for the beatings they got?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

The key to Donald's success among the dolts.

Good. Dolt.
I like it. Keep it up with the insults. It's why you lost the presidential election, and it's why the Republicans have erased this "Blue Wave".
Please...keep it up.

I'll take that one-dumb-politician-punching-a-reporter, and raise you a gunman trying to mow down a good chunk of the GOP caucus on a softball field.

Violence exists on both sides (certainly I spent much of 2015 and 2016 pointing it out on the Right), but they are not equivalent.

Violence against politicians is unacceptable no matter what the political affiliations involved are.

But the "caution against inflammatory rhetoric" is silly. Especially when we've got a president who uses such rhetoric constantly.

He was a moronic candidate then, and that is the weight that should be assigned, vice saying it from the Oval Office.

You excuse everything but. So no. Nice try.

Good, glad you agree. Let's not forget that this is the POTUS, and his words count for more weight.

Despite the fact that I literally said that violence from anyone is unacceptable. But nice try there.

One of you used two reported incidences of confrontation to support a narrative suggesting recent political violence stems from the words and acts of DEM operatives more often than GOP operatives. One of you makes sense. One of you spews nonsense.

You never gave a **** when republicans did it
:) wanna bet? We can go back to when Trump was encouraging his followers to hit folks and see.

How about a $50 donation to DP?

Last edited:

Has anyone else noticed a lack of political signs for candidates in yards this election? That sure is the case in my neck of the woods. I have seen three. I didn't put any out this year for the simple fact I fear it would result in vandalism and I don't think I'm alone in feeling that way.

Good. Dolt.
I like it. Keep it up with the insults. It's why you lost the presidential election, and it's why the Republicans have erased this "Blue Wave".
Please...keep it up.

The republicans political success is based on the ANTICS of an orange clown. On the show he produces daily.
You should be a shame that you applaud and support the clown show. Embarrassed that you are so simplistic that truth has lost all value.
You support the most corrupt president in history. Real 3rd world stuff. You tossed all you American values for hate.
You are led around like a donkey by a man who colors himself orange and combs his hair like a women.
You are a very little man would be the opinion of Wilhelm Reich and he would know.
Salute your leader, be proud.

big_man.jpg

Has anyone else noticed a lack of political signs for candidates in yards this election? That sure is the case in my neck of the woods. I have seen three. I didn't put any out this year for the simple fact I fear it would result in vandalism and I don't think I'm alone in feeling that way.

Very much the opposite here. More signs than ever.

Were I an American citizen, I'd also identify as an independent. However, it looks like a "rock and a hard place" situation right now.
Facsists or The Great Orange Hued One.
Please don't go for fascism...

That would only count if he were actually a fascist.

Meanwhile in the real world, Putin has the burghers of Salisbury poisoned, Muhammad bin whatsit has an American journalist dismembered alive, and China appears to have murdered the head of the world's police. All to crickets from laughing boy Trump. Violence, you say?

Listening to Trumpsters whine about violence from the left is laughable and shows how far the Republican Party has fallen. Here's the leader of the GOP yet again praising violence, and there's nothing but crickets from the Trumpsters.. Trumps and his cult like followers praise violence and cruelty because there is no consequences for their behavior. Actually it helped them win the WH, yet they have the balls to bitch when other people do it. Trump's not embarrassed about the attack on a reporter in Montana and admits the violence probably helped the guy win the election. THAT is how far the GOP has fallen. Trumpsters can take their false outrage over 'violence' and shove it.

Trump jokes about congressman assaulting reporter: 'Any guy who can do a body slam ... he's my guy'

President Donald Trump praised Montana Republican Rep. Greg Gianforte for assaulting a reporter during his campaign last May, saying "any guy who can do a body slam ... he's my guy" and made a gesture mimicking a body slam.

At a Montana rally Thursday night, Trump admitted, "I shouldn't say this," but continued and said, "there's nothing to be embarrassed about."
The comment comes at the same time as the administration responds to the disappearance and apparent murder of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Khashoggi was last seen entering the Saudi consulate on October 2 and Turkish media reports that an audio recording suggests Khashoggi was tortured and killed soon after entering the building before being dismembered.
Trump said Thursday "it certainly looks" like Khashoggi is dead. But, Trump said he is "waiting for the results" of investigations being conducted by Saudi Arabia and Turkey, after which he pledged to make "a very strong statement."
Gianforte pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault in June 2017 after he was convicted of "body slamming" Ben Jacobs, a reporter for The Guardian. A judge sentenced him to a 180-day deferred sentence, 40 hours of community service, 20 hours of anger management and a $300 fine along with a $85 court fee.
Trump said he found out about Gianforte assaulting a reporter when he was traveling in Rome, and initially was concerned it would hurt the Republican in the election.
"Then I said, well wait a minute, I know Montana pretty well, I think it might help him. And it did," Trump said. The President's comments were met with laughter and applause from the crowd in Montana.
Gianforte won the election the next day and apologized to Jacobs during his acceptance speech.
"When you make a mistake, you have to own up to it," Gianforte told his supporters at his Election Night rally in Bozeman. "That's the Montana way."
Saying he was "not proud" of his behavior, he added, "I should not have responded the way I did, for that I'm sorry. I should not have treated that reporter that way, and for that I'm sorry, Mr. Ben Jacobs."
At the rally, Trump called Gianforte, "One of the most respected people in Congress," and a "tough cookie."
"By the way, never wrestle him," he said.
Guardian US editor John Mulholland condemned Trump's joke in a statement.
"The President of the United States tonight applauded the assault on an American journalist who works for the Guardian. To celebrate an attack on a journalist who was simply doing his job is an attack on the First Amendment by someone who has taken an oath to defend it," Mulholland said. "In the aftermath of the murder of Jamal Khashoggi, it runs the risk of inviting other assaults on journalists both here and across the world where they often face far greater threats. We hope decent people will denounce these comments and that the President will see fit to apologize for them."
The joke about Gianforte assaulting Jacobs came just after Trump framed the 2018 midterms elections as a choice between Republican law and order and Democratic "mobs."
Trump said the November 6 vote will be "an election of Kavanaugh, the caravan, law and order, and common sense. That's what it's going to be".
In a new line for the campaign, he said "Democrats create mobs. Republicans create jobs."
Trump later recalled the back-and-forth with former Vice President Joe Biden over a fight, and again invoked Gianforte's body slam of Jacobs.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/politics/trump-rally-gianforte-my-guy/index.html

Our sad new norm, division oriented politics so bad violence will become the expectation.

as long as the rest of us do not stand up and fight back against these extremist it will grow worse and you will be sucked into it.

The republicans political success is based on the ANTICS of an orange clown. On the show he produces daily.
You should be a shame that you applaud and support the clown show. Embarrassed that you are so simplistic that truth has lost all value.
You support the most corrupt president in history. Real 3rd world stuff. You tossed all you American values for hate.
You are led around like a donkey by a man who colors himself orange and combs his hair like a women.
You are a very little man would be the opinion of Wilhelm Reich and he would know.
Salute your leader, be proud.

big_man.jpg

Blah Blah Blah.
I think you know where you can shove your air of moral superiority and condescending tone...don't you.
Its way too late now. The Kavanaugh affair has finally shown clearly what the Liberal Democrats are. Fascists who will wallow in a moral mud puddle just to destroy anyone they don't like. Little Hitlers who think democracy and the US Constitution are bad things.

Its over...bye bye.

That would only count if he were actually a fascist.

I speaking of the Dumbocrats when I say "fascists".

Politics is getting violent. We also just had a case where someone's house was set on fire because they were a Democrat.

Police suspect arson at Minneapolis house fire; 'Black Lives Matter' sign part of the blaze | Star Tribune

Its going to get worse too. The years of condescending tones and name calling that depicts every conservative as a moron, PLUS this disgusting display over Kavanaugh have stripped the final veneer from the Libbies. The "Blue Wave" is now over. Even Cruz will maintain his Senate seat. And when the mid-terms are done...I figure the Libbies will collectively go right off the deep end.

Listening to Trumpsters whine about violence from the left is laughable and shows how far the Republican Party has fallen. Here's the leader of the GOP yet again praising violence, and there's nothing but crickets from the Trumpsters.. Trumps and his cult like followers praise violence and cruelty because there is no consequences for their behavior. Actually it helped them win the WH, yet they have the balls to bitch when other people do it. Trump's not embarrassed about the attack on a reporter in Montana and admits the violence probably helped the guy win the election. THAT is how far the GOP has fallen. Trumpsters can take their false outrage over 'violence' and shove it.

Trump jokes about congressman assaulting reporter: 'Any guy who can do a body slam ... he's my guy'

President Donald Trump praised Montana Republican Rep. Greg Gianforte for assaulting a reporter during his campaign last May, saying "any guy who can do a body slam ... he's my guy" and made a gesture mimicking a body slam.

At a Montana rally Thursday night, Trump admitted, "I shouldn't say this," but continued and said, "there's nothing to be embarrassed about."
The comment comes at the same time as the administration responds to the disappearance and apparent murder of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Khashoggi was last seen entering the Saudi consulate on October 2 and Turkish media reports that an audio recording suggests Khashoggi was tortured and killed soon after entering the building before being dismembered.
Trump said Thursday "it certainly looks" like Khashoggi is dead. But, Trump said he is "waiting for the results" of investigations being conducted by Saudi Arabia and Turkey, after which he pledged to make "a very strong statement."
Gianforte pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault in June 2017 after he was convicted of "body slamming" Ben Jacobs, a reporter for The Guardian. A judge sentenced him to a 180-day deferred sentence, 40 hours of community service, 20 hours of anger management and a $300 fine along with a $85 court fee.
Trump said he found out about Gianforte assaulting a reporter when he was traveling in Rome, and initially was concerned it would hurt the Republican in the election.
"Then I said, well wait a minute, I know Montana pretty well, I think it might help him. And it did," Trump said. The President's comments were met with laughter and applause from the crowd in Montana.
Gianforte won the election the next day and apologized to Jacobs during his acceptance speech.
"When you make a mistake, you have to own up to it," Gianforte told his supporters at his Election Night rally in Bozeman. "That's the Montana way."
Saying he was "not proud" of his behavior, he added, "I should not have responded the way I did, for that I'm sorry. I should not have treated that reporter that way, and for that I'm sorry, Mr. Ben Jacobs."
At the rally, Trump called Gianforte, "One of the most respected people in Congress," and a "tough cookie."
"By the way, never wrestle him," he said.
Guardian US editor John Mulholland condemned Trump's joke in a statement.
"The President of the United States tonight applauded the assault on an American journalist who works for the Guardian. To celebrate an attack on a journalist who was simply doing his job is an attack on the First Amendment by someone who has taken an oath to defend it," Mulholland said. "In the aftermath of the murder of Jamal Khashoggi, it runs the risk of inviting other assaults on journalists both here and across the world where they often face far greater threats. We hope decent people will denounce these comments and that the President will see fit to apologize for them."
The joke about Gianforte assaulting Jacobs came just after Trump framed the 2018 midterms elections as a choice between Republican law and order and Democratic "mobs."
Trump said the November 6 vote will be "an election of Kavanaugh, the caravan, law and order, and common sense. That's what it's going to be".
In a new line for the campaign, he said "Democrats create mobs. Republicans create jobs."
Trump later recalled the back-and-forth with former Vice President Joe Biden over a fight, and again invoked Gianforte's body slam of Jacobs.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/politics/trump-rally-gianforte-my-guy/index.html
"Democrats create mobs. Republicans create jobs."

This SJW infestation is coming to an end. I just have one final request of the fine fascists on the left. After the mid-terms blow your fascist leaders out of the water, would y'all please go out in public and howl at the moon again for us? Thanks. I knew you'd understand...

'Member way back when, when some folks said that giving people permission to become increasingly aggressive with politicians they disagree with was going to lead to violence?

Remember when a politician telling people in a crowd that they would pay the legal fees of any supporter who beat up a peaceful protester was considered "incitement" and would land the politician himself in jail? I remember.

Quit wasting our time. The Republican party is 100% responsible for the anger and lack of civility in this country. You are the ones who keep going lower and lower and drag liberals down to your disgusting level to compete. If you wanted civility you should have thought about that before you elected Trump.

Hmm, I seem to remember a Republican politician punching a reporter.

To claim the Left is violent without acknowledging Right wing violence is laughable.

That whole angry mob narrative is a pathetic attempt at fear mongering.

SIAP. I don't remember this. Who was the GOP politician who did the punching? When and where did it occur? Do GOPs go out 'punching' every week? 'Cause dems do. Dems revel in it.

Back
Top Bottom