• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Unskewed Polling [W:536]

Interesting that poll numbers trump actual economic numbers in the minds of far too many. Just goes to show how very poorly informed most Obama supporters are. Looking at the results I have to agree with you, 23 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers, 5.4 trillion added to the debt, record numbers on food stamps, 1.3% GDP growth are outstanding results which we need more of and will get with four more years of Obama

dean-chambers.jpg

"It's only an estimate" - Dean Chambers, founder of UnSkewed Polls

:lamo

dean-chambers.jpg

"It's only an estimate" - Dean Chambers, founder of UnSkewed Polls

:lamo

Based upon the Obama results, it should be accurate. The Obama results don't justify four more years and if you were on a job and generated those results you wouldn't have lasted four years.

Oh I know, in reading treedancer's quote, you'd think that if repubs just got out of Obama's way, and let him have total control all would be just rainbows, and unicorns....It is absurd. Our government is one of working together to get things passed, not just dictating what you want, then demonizing the opposition when they tell you to piss up a rope.

I don't recall Obama dictating anything. If you're referring to his use of the executive order, he's hardly the first president to do so. Other than your obvious disdain for liberals, do you know how I can tell that you don't seriously want Republicans to work with Democrats? The bold sentence. members of Congress should work across the aisle, but Democrats shouldn't complain when Republicans tell them to "piss up a rope"? :lol:

Based upon the Obama results, it should be accurate. The Obama results don't justify four more years and if you were on a job and generated those results you wouldn't have lasted four years.

Ya let him run unopposed. You should be mad at your party.

Its not enough to find fault with the incumbent. You have to have a viable alternative AND be able to sell him. Up to this point, no one has been able to sell Mitt as a viable POTUS. Now, I think its close to impossible to make the sale.

Oh, yes, you are absolutely correct, now who told you that? Think that maybe some of the bills in Harry Reid's desk might make some difference? Naw, that will never happen. by the way Obama would never lie to us. by the way that 844 billion stimulus program for shovel ready jobs was outstanding, wasn't it? Noticed you ignored the article talking about what kind of jobs Obama has created and how most of them are part time. Now that is a booming economy isn't it. Great having 1.3% GDP growth in Obama's fourth year after a 1.7% growth last year and 2.4% the year before. Looks like the economy is headedin the right direction, isn't it?

If this isn't the time(8.1%unemployment) to be spending on things like educating our children ,fixing potholes in roads; when in your opinion when would be a good time to do it?

It looks to me like now would be the ideal time to get those people off the couch and into the workforce,plus payen taxes. its almost like free money as for as interest rates go.

The one and only thing that shooter said ,that I agree with is “deficits don't matter.“Especially with zero interest rates(with inflation is factored in)and unemployment hovering at 8%.:2wave:

Its not enough to find fault with the incumbent. You have to have a viable alternative AND be able to sell him. Up to this point, no one has been able to sell Mitt as a viable POTUS. Now, I think its close to impossible to make the sale.

How can someone who supports Obama question Romney's qualifications? Most of the Obama supporters are totally ignorant and very poorly informed. I expected more out of you. Rather amazing how Bill Clinton thought enough of Romney to give a good recommendation but now somehow he isn't qualified but Obama is? If anyone wasn't a viable candidate it would have been Obama

How can someone who supports Obama question Romney's qualifications? Most of the Obama supporters are totally ignorant and very poorly informed. I expected more out of you. Rather amazing how Bill Clinton thought enough of Romney to give a good recommendation but now somehow he isn't qualified but Obama is? If anyone wasn't a viable candidate it would have been Obama

Whats mittens qualifications? What did he do in Ma that your so proud of?Lucky sperm club, that's about it.

If this isn't the time(8.1%unemployment) to be spending on things like educating our children ,fixing potholes in roads; when in your opinion when would be a good time to do it?

It looks to me like now would be the ideal time to get those people off the couch and into the workforce,plus payen taxes. its almost like free money as for as interest rates go.

The one and only thing that shooter said ,that I agree with is “deficits don't matter.“Especially with zero interest rates(with inflation is factored in)and unemployment hovering at 8%.:2wave:

What was the stimulus supposed to do? You continue to buy the Obama lies and ignore the Obama results. It is hard dealing with someone who has no idea what those results are. The unemployment rate isn't 8.1%. the economy created millions of part time jobs at low pay, and the economy is growing at 1.3%. How anyone can look at those results and vote for Obama is incomprehensible or plain selfish.

How long do you think we will have zero interest rates with QE3? What happens when inflation hits that 16 trillion dollar debt we have?

Whats mittens qualifications? What did he do in Ma that your so proud of?Lucky sperm club, that's about it.

Whether you like it or not, he has private sector and Olympic experience along with public sector experience as Governor. He has the experience and leadership skills that Obama still doesn't have

Why educate our kids now if we have no jobs for them? Kind of kidding but kind of not.

Why don't you take a moment and READ my post:

No where in this post did I question Romney's qualifications. I questioned the Republicans inability to sell him as a viable alternative to Obama AND said that they most likely missed the window do to so. You can be qualified but be hard to sell, therefore not a particularly good CANDIDATE for the office.

That said, I will elaborate and question why anyone thought he would be a good candidate (at least running as a Conservative) as I think he is a tough sell.

BTW. Clinton commented on his business ability, not his ability to be POTUS.. they are different things.

Why educate our kids now if we have no jobs for them? Kind of kidding but kind of not.

What? You mean the 1.3% economic growth isn't creating jobs? You don't buy the fact that Obama has created millions of jobs? so what if they are part time and low paying? They are good enough for him to take credit for and for supporters to tout that success

HS and college graduates who cannot find jobs do not get unemployment so they don't count. Perhaps if we could get them to only take 12 credits a semester they could borrow more from us for that extra year of college before they have no jobs to pay us back with.

No where in this post did I question Romney's qualifications. I questioned the Republicans inability to sell him as a viable alternative to Obama AND said that they most likely missed the window do to so. You can be qualified but be hard to sell, therefore not a particularly good CANDIDATE for the office.

That said, I will elaborate and question why anyone thought he would be a good candidate (at least running as a Conservative) as I think he is a tough sell.

BTW. Clinton commented on his business ability, not his ability to be POTUS.. they are different things.

The Romney record should sell itself especially with the Obama record. Why would you think someone with business ability not have the ability to be POTUS? Have you done any research at all on Romney or have you just bought what you have been told? He is a good man, a successful man, a problem solver, a family man and grandfather, a compassionate man with an outstanding resume. This country has a lot of problems and needs a problem solver, not a narcissist who tells you what you want to hear but rhetoric that never matches the results

Last edited:
What was the stimulus supposed to do?
It was supposed to generate 3 million jobs. You even admitted that it generated 3½ million jobs. Half a million more than hoped for. A rousing success!

Can he count on your vote now?

There is some indication that China is a) heading into a slowdown and b) cooking its economy by doing things like building hotels/resorts in the middle of nowhere just to provide jobs and quell dissent. It is not clear how long they can continue to do that if it is true.

When the 2009 recession hit them hard they just switched workers to building their new highway system and high speed rail lines. The leaders have plenty of cash on hand and they will spend it to keep themselves in power. Their ecnomy depends on the rest of the world just like ours.

What was the stimulus supposed to do? You continue to buy the Obama lies and ignore the Obama results. It is hard dealing with someone who has no idea what those results are. The unemployment rate isn't 8.1%. the economy created millions of part time jobs at low pay, and the economy is growing at 1.3%. How anyone can look at those results and vote for Obama is incomprehensible or plain selfish.

How long do you think we will have zero interest rates with QE3? What happens when inflation hits that 16 trillion dollar debt we have?

Hhhmmm...”What happens when inflation hits that 16 trillion dollar debt we have?”We all say thanks to the almighty,because our economy is outta the woods. THAT'S when we hit the brakes and start cutting spending. Not at a time of 8.1% unemployment, which we have now.:2wave:

Last edited:
The one who is lacking proof is you. I backed up my claim that Obama has done more for Israel's security than any other U.S. president with quotes from Israeli leaders. You countered that with the unproven claim that my sources, leaders of Israel, are lying. Yet while you demand even more proof from me to prove my already proven claim, you have yet to offer even a shred of evidence that Israeli leaders are lying. Which, if you had a clue rather than trying desparately to win an argument you've already lost, you would know that Israeli leaders lying about this dooms Israel. Which of course, makes absolutely no sense for them to do.

This may be a new concept to you, but posting a logical fallacy and making it the crux of your argument doesnt prove anything, no matter how logically you try to support it. If the basis for your post is an appeal to authority with no facts backing it, you are proving you dont know how to make an effective point and nothing else.

Hhhmmm...”What happens when inflation hits that 16 trillion dollar debt we have?”We all say thanks to the almighty,because our economy is outta the woods. THAT'S when we hit the brakes and start cutting spending. Not at a time of 8.1% unemployment, which we have now.:2wave:

What economic policies have Obama presented that will lead to economic growth and job creation that is different from what he has created the past four years?

Obama is a loser scumbag...hes not qualified period.. he is a lazy moron..Obama is dumb and radical.. never even had a job...

Obama is a loser scumbag...hes not qualified period.. he is a lazy moron..Obama is dumb and radical.. never even had a job...

Looks like the next 4 years are going to be a real bitch for you.

What economic policies have Obama presented that will lead to economic growth and job creation that is different from what he has created the past four years?

The American Jobs Act.it provides tax credits for hiring of unemployed veterans. but lottsa luck getting this thru the obstructiveness baggers in the house.

It has a part that upgrades our crumbling school system,while Preventing teacher layoffs, keeping cops and firefighters on the job....another target for the baggers in the house to obstruct.

most of this has been told to you in the past,by myself or others but you keep insisting that the way out of this is to keep digging.Sigh.:(

The American Jobs Act.it provides tax credits for hiring of unemployed veterans. but lottsa luck getting this thru the obstructiveness baggers in the house.

It would sail through if that's all it contained.

It has a part that upgrades our crumbling school system,while Preventing teacher layoffs, keeping cops and firefighters on the job....another target for the baggers in the house to obstruct.

None of those things are federal responsibilities. They are all state and locally funded. In fact the feds bankrolling these things like this is their method of taking control of things they do not and should not have control over.

most of this has been told to you in the past,by myself or others but you keep insisting that the way out of this is to keep digging.Sigh.:(

Doesn't mean you were correct in the past or now either.

Where was the American Jobs' Act in 2009-2010 when Obama had total control of the Congress? Instead of Jobs it appears that Obamacare was more important. then you really have no understanding of state responsibilities when it comes paying for particular jobs. You think it is your responsibility to pay for teachers in my state? How about police and fire depts. in my state? Shouldn't that be a local responsibility since it will be local taxes that have to pay for these jobs when the federal funds run out?

Why do you buy the Obama lies?

Where was the American Jobs' Act in 2009-2010 when Obama had total control of the Congress? Instead of Jobs it appears that Obamacare was more important.

So, jobs aren't important anymore? And health care reform was never important? ok....

Back
Top Bottom