• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

UK election night live

One positive for the night. The SNP have done badly, and the insufferable Salmond has gone!!

How is the SNP losing 12 seats to the cons a good thing, not knowing who you voted for? Why can't May form a coalition with parties other than LD and SNP ?

After watching the recent effects of party control in American governance, I'm not so sure this "hung" stuff is such a bad idea!

Don't expect the GOP to splinter in our lifetimes. Now the DEMs, not even trump can help them mend their wounds .

How is the SNP losing 12 seats to the cons a good thing, not knowing who you voted for? Why can't May form a coalition with parties other than LD and SNP ?

Cons SNP polar opposite. Cons DUP will form a government, probably.

Cons SNP polar opposite. Cons DUP will form a government, probably.

This is the most likely result, the only way that coalition will be defeated would be if Sin Fein actually turned up to vote - that may happen depending on whatever Brexit negotiations happen.

We're in for interesting times.

One positive for the night. The SNP have done badly, and the insufferable Salmond has gone!!

well that was a bit of a mess last night Tories won 13 seats in Scotland but they can't vote on most issues because of EVEL the same goes for the DUP ... the SNP lost 19 seats due to several factors the weather effected the turnout down 5% large numbers of Labour voters switch to the Tories because Labour was wishy washy on the UK, but won more support back from the SNP voters who wanted Corbyn as PM this led to splits in the vote which badly hampered the SNP ... SNP still have the majority of seats 35 and the section 30 is still triggered for another IndyRef ... those that switched to Labour last night still support Independence but they also helped the Tories win the election .... i can see another general election again ... it's a mess

well that was a bit of a mess last night Tories won 13 seats in Scotland but they can't vote on most issues because of EVEL the same goes for the DUP ... the SNP lost 19 seats due to several factors the weather effected the turnout down 5% large numbers of Labour voters switch to the Tories because Labour was wishy washy on the UK, but won more support back from the SNP voters who wanted Corbyn as PM this led to splits in the vote which badly hampered the SNP ... SNP still have the majority of seats 35 and the section 30 is still triggered for another IndyRef ... those that switched to Labour last night still support Independence but they also helped the Tories win the election .... i can see another general election again ... it's a mess

Disagree. It was a rejection on indyRef2. She needs to get back in the box.

Disagree. It was a rejection on indyRef2. She needs to get back in the box.

wrong and she won't SNP still won more seats than the rest combined and she has already triggered a section 30 as we had that mandate during the Holyrood election

What are you smoking?

If bad weather affected voters in the Dundee, Forfar and Aberdeen area then it would have affected all voters.

What happened (in my opinion) was a combination of rejection of Indyref 2 and the Brexit minded Scottish areas revealed themselves in Scotland. For Labour, the issues of education and social care won over the SNP failings in these areas.

Orange is the new blue

Wrong, again. Even the SNP leader disagrees with you: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2017-40171454

she hasn't cancelled it she has delayed her decision ... the simple fact is i know loads of SNP voters that voted for Corbyn last night and not the union ... the polls still have Independence neck and neck ... and it will only rise with the alliance with the Tories and the Ulster unionists .. the simple fact is she has two mandates to hold a referendum and she has already triggered a section 30

The Unionist parties are back with a vengeance in Scotland. The tide has turned for the Tartan Tories.

she hasn't cancelled it she has delayed her decision ... the simple fact is i know loads of SNP voters that voted for Corbyn last night and not the union ... the polls still have Independence neck and neck ... and it will only rise with the alliance with the Tories and the Ulster unionists .. the simple fact is she has two mandates to hold a referendum and she has already triggered a section 30

Wrong again: https://www.theguardian.com/politic...s-independence-off-agenda-catastrophic-losses

The Unionist parties are back with a vengeance in Scotland. The tide has turned for the Tartan Tories.

Yea...people are sick of the cranky banging on about independence.

Sturgeon is ten times the polictician May is.

And Ruth Davidson is ten times the politician Sturgeon is.

Wish she would stand for Parliament - though she'd be missed at Holyrood. She is honest, personable, feisty and can stand up for herself really well.

Wish she would stand for Parliament - though she'd be missed at Holyrood. She is honest, personable, feisty and can stand up for herself really well.

Parliament needs a lesbian kickboxer to liven it up!

I love this country.

18951132_10155086449850342_2333521525131129443_n.j  pg

I love this country.

.........~
Aw, after such a success, let's all not begrudge him a grab at the good stuff. Especially with such a plenitude on offer.

After all, he didn't "Trump" her.:mrgreen:

I have absolutely no confidence in May and her band of bland.
seconded, thirded, carried and fed into the notes of the biggest brass band available.

Theresa Mayhem.

Some significant factors that I hadn't considered until last night...

Young people don't read the rags that practically attempted an assassination on Corbyn; they are all getting their news from social media and the internet.

Young people largely have no idea who the IRA are or what the history is, and they don't much care.

Young people are not obsessed with nuclear weapons because they have no experience of the cold war.

you are having a laugh everytime she goes into debate with Nicola Sturgeon she gets torn to ribbons ... she has never won a election

Yea...people are sick of the cranky banging on about independence.
actually it was the unionists that banged on about Independence every single leaflet through the doors was stop independence including the local elections ... they did not have a single policy except stop independence

May announced forming a government with DUP.

Back
Top Bottom