• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.N. General Assembly repudiates Trump on Jerusalem decision despite his threat of U.S. aid..[W:21]

Re: U.N. General Assembly repudiates Trump on Jerusalem decision despite his threat of U.S. aid cuto

The world just delivered a stinging rebuke to Trump over Jerusalem

DRliO7kXUAEDZVV.jpg:large

Re: U.N. General Assembly repudiates Trump on Jerusalem decision despite his threat of U.S. aid cuto

Fools?
Sounds good to me, take away the aid!!! I don't think the UN should have any say where Israel declares it's capital nor if the USA moves it's embassy there either....double the win

Yet another example of the Right's utter rejection of diplomacy. Y'all seem to forget that war only happens when diplomacy fails...and because of that, if there is no diplomacy, war becomes much more likely. The pen indeed is mightier than the sword - but if one takes away the pen, the sword is all that's left. But I forget - y'all think that threatening other nations will somehow bend them to your will, as if only America has any tradition of national pride.

Here's a clue: a man once said, "millions for defense, but not one penny in tribute." That was said by an American patriot, but the sentiment is felt every bit as strongly by patriots of every nation...and so when we threaten other nations - whether by blackmail or armed force - do you really think they're going to bend to our Dear Leader's will? No, they won't. Instead, we are throwing away every bit of the goodwill and positive influence we earned over the years just to satisfy the testosterone-fueled fever dreams of the Trump and his supporters.

And that's going to be the most important job of the next president - to begin rebuilding our nation's good name around the world, that we might some day once more become Reagan's "shining city on a hill" instead of "America Alone".

I hope the guys at the UN had at least a good day while they wasted their time because ... their vote means nothing! ha ha ha

---------------------------------- Resolutions by the General Assembly are non-binding. ------------------------------------------

Yet another example of the Right's utter rejection of diplomacy. Y'all seem to forget that war only happens when diplomacy fails...and because of that, if there is no diplomacy, war becomes much more likely. The pen indeed is mightier than the sword - but if one takes away the pen, the sword is all that's left. But I forget - y'all think that threatening other nations will somehow bend them to your will, as if only America has any tradition of national pride.

Here's a clue: a man once said, "millions for defense, but not one penny in tribute." That was said by an American patriot, but the sentiment is felt every bit as strongly by patriots of every nation...and so when we threaten other nations - whether by blackmail or armed force - do you really think they're going to bend to our Dear Leader's will? No, they won't. Instead, we are throwing away every bit of the goodwill and positive influence we earned over the years just to satisfy the testosterone-fueled fever dreams of the Trump and his supporters.

And that's going to be the most important job of the next president - to begin rebuilding our nation's good name around the world, that we might some day once more become Reagan's "shining city on a hill" instead of "America Alone".

I was hangin' in pretty good there, right up until the Reagan thing ........................... oops ................

Too funny :lol:

"our nation's good name around the world" is not gonna get me a decent standard of living.

It doesn't matter an ounce of spit what the majority of the UN Assembly thinks about the U.S.A. recognizing Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel. And it doesn't matter an ounce of spit that they object to us moving our embassy to Jerusalem. We are a sovereign nation and will do what we see as just and fitting.

I was so darn proud of Ambassador Haley's remarks today. Darn proud.

The vote was rather telling from those who voted for, against and abstention. I went to a webpage that listed by country the amount of aid militarily, economically, and humanitarian to all those who voted for and the numbers were astronomical that the U.S. doles out. I for one am darn tired of the UN crapping on the U.S. time and time again while wanting us to be the top donor to them so they can continue this charade. Instead of being so generous with people who do not respect our sovereignty but just like the money we dole out pox on their houses. It is time for some serious cuts. In doing so would pay for needed infrastructure, building a wall and securing the borders, in just a couple of years. Do it!

Last edited:

Incorrect. Jerusalem is the capital of Israel and houses their government legislature.

Jerusalem is not the recognized capital of Israel.

when I was very young a pastor told our congregation there would come a time in history in which the US & Israel will stand together, and the rest of the world will be on the other side of the coin.

are we there yet?

Apparently.

It doesn't matter an ounce of spit what the majority of the UN Assembly thinks about the U.S.A. recognizing Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel. And it doesn't matter an ounce of spit that they object to us moving our embassy to Jerusalem. We are a sovereign nation and will do what we see as just and fitting.

I was so darn proud of Ambassador Haley's remarks today. Darn proud.

The vote was rather telling from those who voted for, against and abstention. I went to a webpage that listed by country the amount of aid militarily, economically, and humanitarian to all those who voted for and the numbers were astronomical that the U.S. doles out. I for one am darn tired of the UN crapping on the U.S. time and time again while wanting us to be the top donor to them so they can continue this charade. Instead of being so generous with people who do not respect our sovereignty but just like the money we dole out pox on their houses. It is time for some serious cuts. In doing so would pay for needed infrastructure, building a wall and securing the borders, in just a couple of years. Do it!

IMO it would be great if the US just stopped bribing the rest of the planet, like we have been doing forever & just tell everyone else to go **** off, Israel included ..........

There is no diplomacy with religious radicals...it's their way or the highway. Israel is not what is the problem... that nation has many people of different groups living together peacefully... and if Israel wants to settle it diplomatically, let THEM do it.

It's not America wanting to interfere in other countries business, it's the UN and all the countries in it interfering in Israel's business.

Last edited:

In that case you have to convince Benjamin Netanyahu to find himself a new capital ... :lamo

So you are saying Israel has no sovereignty

Yes it is. It is the city the nation of Israel has declaredd to be it's capital. It is also recognized as such by the US. Do you think sovereign nations do not have the right to establish a capital city for their country?

So you are saying Israel has no sovereignty

I guess PeteEU means like the city is dispusted and East part of the city belongs to other ethnicity so it cannot be a capital of Israel at the moment before the peace agreement is signed.

Think of it this way, imagine there is a disputed area between USA and Canada and there is still no solution about it, and all of a sudden Canada declares it as its capital. Would USA recognize it? Would Germany? Would other states? So they would keep recognizing Ottowa as Canada's capital not that disputed city. Not agreeing with Canada on that matter doesnt mean other states think Canada has no sovereigny.

128 countries, having all kind of different religions and nations, agreed today that Tel Aviv should stay as Israel's capital.

There is no diplomacy with religious radicals...it's their way or the highway. Israel is not what is the problem... that nation has many people of different groups living together peacefully... and if Israel wants to settle it diplomatically, let THEM do it.

It's not America wanting to interfere in other countries business, it's the UN and all the countries in it interfering in Israel's business.

Oh I think Israel has its share of religious radicals.

Oh I think Israel has its share of religious radicals.

But they manage to govern a peaceful multicultural society.

Those countries all voted out of fear of pressure from Muslim countries.

Since Muslim countries belong to the Organization of Islamic Countries, then we should form a counter-organization to oppose them -- like a NATO to oppose the Warsaw Pact. When Muslims pile on, then so should we.

By repressing the rights of Palestinians.

The Palestinians are attempting a coup(largely outmatched and unsuccessful) against their own country.... committing terrorist attacks for many years... and launching missles over the border. The Palestinians would be 100% fine if they just conformed to multicultural values instead of trying to make their own islamic state.

The Palestinians are attempting a coup(largely outmatched and unsuccessful) against their own country.... committing terrorist attacks for many years... and launching missles over the border. The Palestinians would be 100% fine if they just conformed to multicultural values instead of trying to make their own islamic state.

Aren’t the Palestinians retaliating to what is considered terrorism committed by radical Jews?

The nakba, is what the Palestinians remember.

https://imeu.org/article/quick-facts-the-palestinian-nakba

It appears Trump is a better friend and ally to Israel than Obama. That's at least one thing he promised, I wanted and happened.

I’m fairly certain Trump believes that HE is in charge of the world ...even though he couldn’t find the world on a map.

Nah, I don't think he cares about the rest of the world.

It appears Trump is a better friend and ally to Israel than Obama. That's at least one thing he promised, I wanted and happened.

We gave over 15 billion dollars in defense funding and weaponry to Israel under Obama...

Back
Top Bottom