• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trumps Slither to Authoritariansim

You are talking about a period of time of the Dixiecrats did their gerrymandering to promote and sustain their segregationist programming... who became the Modern Day Republicans, and they brought with them the same gerrymandering they did as Dixiecrats.

Nope. The Dems were gerrymandering their districts well after that. It's been going on non-stop. The idea that the Dems either never gerrymandered or have stopped doing so, is simply inaccurate.

Maybe you should first learn what the Whistleblower Protect Act is and why that process was put in place. You are advocating a violation of the Whistleblower Protection Act, in your aim to try and protect Trump. Your deceptive devotion is only a cult like act of trying to protect him from facing the justice in congress, as well as justice under the law of the and and the duty of congress to hold the President accountable , as no person is above the law. You demonstrate yourself as one of those whom Trump was referring to when he said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and his cult followers would stick with him.. we know conclusively that such types will deny that he was the shooter, when the smoking gun is in his hand and gunpowder residue on him as well, and blood spatter from the victim he shot is splattered all over his face.

You don't support freedom, you submit yourself to gerrymandered containment within a Party that is now a Cult.

You have no idea what you're talking about. What do you think protection from "reprisals", "adverse consequences" and "prohibited personnel practices" means? It means that WB's cannot be DEMOTED OR FIRED as a result of their disclosures. It in no way guarantees either anonymity or immunity from testifying.

You simply make crap up and then attack other people for pointing out what you've made up. BTW, how would the WB testifying protect Trump? If the WB has information, the nature of which can be verified and which leads to impeachment and/or removal, how is having him personally relate that information helpful to Trump? You make no sense. It's what happens when you are more eager to attack your opposition as "cultists" than you are to use common sense or present actual facts.

Hmm... is getting a subpoena to appear in court now considered to be a reprisal or a prohibited presonnel action?

Apparently so, especially if it involves lending credibility to your charges against Trump.

Apparently so, especially if it involves lending credibility to your charges against Trump.

Yep, just have someone "official" declare (in a private deposition, never subject to cross examination) the WB's allegations to "have merit" and the initial accusers become "off limits" - let the investigation (witch hunt?) be handled by professionals from that point on.

You have no idea what you're talking about. What do you think protection from "reprisals", "adverse consequences" and "prohibited personnel practices" means? It means that WB's cannot be DEMOTED OR FIRED as a result of their disclosures. It in no way guarantees either anonymity or immunity from testifying.

You simply make crap up and then attack other people for pointing out what you've made up. BTW, how would the WB testifying protect Trump? If the WB has information, the nature of which can be verified and which leads to impeachment and/or removal, how is having him personally relate that information helpful to Trump? You make no sense. It's what happens when you are more eager to attack your opposition as "cultists" than you are to use common sense or present actual facts.
"Adverse consequences" include having their lives threatened. Everyone should know by now that there are crazy, mentally unstable people in this country that could strike at any of these people and take their lives. That's how passionate and unchained people have become. If there's nothing else this country should be able to do for each citizen, it should be able to take steps to protect people from being murdered because they used their constitutional right to freedom of speech.

"Adverse consequences" include having their lives threatened. Everyone should know by now that there are crazy, mentally unstable people in this country that could strike at any of these people and take their lives. That's how passionate and unchained people have become. If there's nothing else this country should be able to do for each citizen, it should be able to take steps to protect people from being murdered because they used their constitutional right to freedom of speech.

The WB could testify behind closed doors and never have his name revealed. This claim that he can't testify because his life would be endangered is so much nonsense. It's apparently a poorly kept DC secret as to who it is yet the guy goes to work each day without incident.

Great piece on CNN how Trump is doubling down after his victory in the Senate and now tries to take even more steps to being a uncontrollable authoritarian.

Trump weaponizes the Presidency after impeachment - CNNPolitics

A taste of the article...

"Donald Trump is moving fast in the wake of his impeachment trial to use the government to punish his enemies and pursue his political ends....

It seems to me that this article could have, or should have been written three years ago after he started running our government like a one-man show, just like Putin and all the other Despots he admires...

The WB could testify behind closed doors and never have his name revealed. This claim that he can't testify because his life would be endangered is so much nonsense. It's apparently a poorly kept DC secret as to who it is yet the guy goes to work each day without incident.

With republicans present, are you ****ting kidding me? How long would they protect his identity? About as long as it would take to type his name on their cell phone, that's how long.

Great piece on CNN how Trump is doubling down after his victory in the Senate and now tries to take even more steps to being a uncontrollable authoritarian.

A taste of the article

Trumpkins will of course dismiss the piece but the rest of us can only shudder in anticipation of a Trump answerable to nobody and beyond the law.

The Justice Dept has already interfered in the Michael Flynn case where that office recently changed its recommendation from jail time to saying that probation would be appropriate.

The Justice Dept is handling a leaked investigation of James Comey that's based on a very thin predicate.

They're handling the Andrew McCabe case where it appears that they had already gone to a grand jury and the grand jury declined to indict. In every other case the Justice Dept would stop right there and decline to move forward and clear Andrew McCabe, but they haven't done that.

They're handling the case of Eric Prince who is a close ally of Trump, was a big contributor and who is the brother of Betsy Devos. Eric Prince was referred by the Intelligence Dept to the Justice Dept for lying to Congress. Where do you think that's going to end up?

Time is running out on the 'acting' DNI Director and there is speculation as to who will be his permanent replacement. It looks like two contenders for the job are Chris Stewart and Devin Nunes. That's how Trump shows his gratitude to his enablers.

No, I'm asking you since Romney said "while they’re not statutory crimes" and you claimed there was.
Might as well say there was no law broken (otherwise that means you'll have to cite the law) because I'm not going to let go of this until you admit it.

As I have already told you - the presidential crime of abuse of power is far worse than most laws on the books. It is a crime that only the President can commit.

What about that so befuddles you that you repeat questions that have already been answered?

Nonsense. Trump has a right to replace anyone serving under him and his only mistake was not having done it years ago. Also, this fairytale that that the WB has ever been in any danger is a joke. If this guy is going to make accusations which could lead to the removal of a duly elected POTUS, then he has to come forward and be questioned. It needn't be public but it must happen. But, of course, Schiff prevented that because he knew what would happen as soon as the WB was grilled by people not obsessed with anti-Trump mania.

Do you understand the distinction between what you CAN do and what you SHOULD and SHOULD NOT do?

I already did that with the link I provided to you.

If you want more tutoring, I taught Government for 33 years and am a certified Master Teacher. We can arrange rates. PM me if interested.

And right wing Taliban scum are OK with it. Can't wait until Dems are in power, the right that supported Trump can go F themselves. Thanks for showing the rest of us who the assholes in this country are

As I have already told you - the presidential crime of abuse of power is far worse than most laws on the books. It is a crime that only the President can commit.

What about that so befuddles you that you repeat questions that have already been answered?

You refusing to answer is not befuddling.
All laws are codified.
What's the code of the law that was broken?
Romney said no law was broken.
What law did anyone say was broken?
You'll need to provide the code number and how Trump violated it.
If you don't have it don't respond. (I'm giving you a graceful way out here - you should take it)

Nope. The Dems were gerrymandering their districts well after that. It's been going on non-stop. The idea that the Dems either never gerrymandered or have stopped doing so, is simply inaccurate.

I don't care if you don't get the point of my previous statement...!!!

You should learn to comprehend what you read.... the Act is specific in it establishment to protect whistle-blowers. You don't subpoena a whistle blower, that's why they have an agency to do the investigative work... its it not designed to expose the whistle blower. There was multi individual associated with multiple positions in the government who testified of the malice that was engaged by Trump....

You guys are absurd... if it was a whistle blower who made a comment against a democrat... you'd do everything you can to understand that the whistle blowers protection are upheld.

The megalomaniac in the Whitehouse demonstrated his vile of attack mentality, when he attacked our own intelligence agencies to protect his Russian connections, he insulted a Gold Star Family, Attack Thornberg, because she won a magazine cover and he did not, he attack Romney and individual principles of Religion, because Romney did not submit to him, he attacks the media because it does not patronize, and he attacked FOX, when they speak up and its not patronizing and submitting to him. He has a dumb ass ignorant imbecile for a son, who does his attack bidding as well. and there is a RABID Right Wing... that has a history of attacks... its like some mad evil cult, and you are demonstrating yourself as a card carrying member of that cult.

You refusing to answer is not befuddling.

I just gave you the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post

You were dead wrong when you said no Republican said Trump committed any crime. Mitt Romney did and identified that crime as abuse of the Presidents power and of the American people. That is a crime only the President do and it results in Impeachment.

You were caught badly when you overreached in your statement. Now you backpedal to try and move the goalposts. It is NOT working.

The horribly sad developments in the Roger Stone case in recent days only makes the OP more true than ever. Trump is truly journeying down the road to authoritarian rule and is now elinsting the Attorney General and Justice Department in his nefarious schemes to thwart actual justice. It is disgraceful and further evidence why Trump must be removed ASAP.

I just gave you the answer.

You were dead wrong when you said no Republican said Trump committed any crime. Mitt Romney did and identified that crime as abuse of the Presidents power and of the American people. That is a crime only the President do and it results in Impeachment.

You were caught badly when you overreached in your statement. Now you backpedal to try and move the goalposts. It is NOT working.

Nope. Romney said "while they’re not statutory crimes". That means laws.
What's the code designation of the broken law?

A taste of the article

Trumpkins will of course dismiss the piece but the rest of us can only shudder in anticipation of a Trump answerable to nobody and beyond the law.

What a great indictment of the religion of statism.

I already did that with the link I provided to you.

If you want more tutoring, I taught Government for 33 years .

That makes all the sense in the world. Figured

Nope. Romney said "while they’re not statutory crimes". That means laws.
What's the code designation of the broken law?

Abuse of power for the President is a very serious crime. Covering it by refusing to cooperate with Congress is also a crime.

Back
Top Bottom