• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's personal banking information handed over to Robert Mueller

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it seems that Trump's lawyer is claiming this. The bank has never "confirmed that no records have been subpoenaed". This is all DB has said on the matter:

So the bank is lying to the WH? That wouldn't be a very wise legal move on their part.

Seems the bank(s) involved have confirmed that no records have been subpoenaed.

But like you, I suspect that copies of those records have been placed for interested parties in a brown paper bag which is under a park bench near a particular light in Central Park.
Linky?

I just did a Google search and I can't find confirmation of what you wrote.

Khayembii Communique said:
No, it seems that Trump's lawyer is claiming this. The bank has never "confirmed that no records have been subpoenaed". This is all DB has said on the matter:
So the bank is lying to the WH? That wouldn't be a very wise legal move on their part.
DB isn't saying one way or the other. You are interpreting that as they are denying that there was a subpoena. That's an incorrect assumption.

The White House isn't privy to this information. DB doesn't need to tell them anything.
Trump's lawyer can say anything that he wants, whether true or not.

Trump's relation to Deutch Bank is dirtier than sin. Trump's entire business end of this is money laundering.

The bank’s $300 million loan to Trump, after the oft-bankrupt magnate fell behind on a separate loan from the German bank, was highly unusual according to banking experts, and likely raises questions for Mueller’s investigators about who or what was backing the additional funds.

In 2008, according to Harding’s book, Trump was refusing to pay off a $640 million loan, which he was using for a project in Chicago. He blamed the financial crash for his failure to pay. When Deutsche Bank tried to collect, Trump went on the offensive, and sued the bank in Queens, New York, demanding $3 billion for its role in the crash.

Two years later, all was forgiven and the bank was loaning him $300 million, due in 2023 and 2024. It was not the first time lenders had doubled down on bad loans to Trump, but American banks never revisited that strategy after Trump’s $900 million bankruptcy in the 1990s.

The Deutsche Bank deal shocked Harding’s sources. “Asked whether it was normal to give more money to a customer who was a bad credit risk and a litigant,” Harding wrote, “one former senior Deutsche Bank staff member said: “Are you ****ing kidding me?”

How Much is Trump Worth? Mueller's Deutsche Bank Subpoena Could Solve the Mystery

This is a pointless discussion, because it will be found that the bank was very much subpoenaed and we'll be discussing that before long. So why not just skip past this nonsense and discuss the inevitable next chapter of this?

I'd say the speculation, and that's what it is, that Trump's bank records have been subpoenaed is a pointless discussion. Either they have been, or they haven't been, and it appears they haven't been. You don't know what will happen and neither do I. I do know that folks here seem to think that issuing a subpoena seems to guarantee immediate compliance, and nothing is further from the truth. An objection and move to quash would certainly be filed, and no records would be transferred until that was settled. Have you heard anything about an objection filed? No? I wonder what that means.

I'd say the speculation, and that's what it is, that Trump's bank records have been subpoenaed is a pointless discussion. Either they have been, or they haven't been, and it appears they haven't been. You don't know what will happen and neither do I. I do know that folks here seem to think that issuing a subpoena seems to guarantee immediate compliance, and nothing is further from the truth. An objection and move to quash would certainly be filed, and no records would be transferred until that was settled. Have you heard anything about an objection filed? No? I wonder what that means.

Your next position on this will be "Okay, so the bank was subpoenaed and Sekulow lied. So what?" It's easy to debate on an online forum when you have no goalposts to move.

Anthony... just for you:

Graduating With Honors Requirements: Graduation with honors cum laude requirements vary. Cum laude grade point average estimates: gpa for cum laude - 3.5 to 3.7; gpa for magna cum laude - 3.8 to 3.9; gpa for summa cum laude - 4.0+.

linkypoo...

Since you were so very curious of his grades and all. No need to thank us. You are so welcome.

That link doesn't contain Obama's transcripts.

LOL! You and logic remain rather hiarlious unacquainted. Why try and reference something you don't understand?

And your 'truth' is merely your empty and breathless conjecture.

What else do you have?

That's just it. When it will be revealed that there's no signs of wrong doing in Trump's bank account, I don't need to prove anything else. So my answer remains on what will be found by the Mueller investigation, and that's nothing. They only way they can find something is they make it up, like the dossier. And my view on the "investigation" won't change because it IS a farce. Plus, you've given me nothing, so I don't know if your claims of Trump doing something illegal are either laughable or something to get a headache over because of how stupid and unrealistic the evidence is. Until you give me something concrete (which you won't because there is nothing concrete saying Trump did what he did, but you can try), I'll stand firm on my position

Not to sound arrogant, but I just do. Just like a bunch of other things they put out there about Trump that turned up to be false. This will be no different.

That is not a true statement. And, yes, it does sound arrogant and out of contact with reality too.

...And as it turns out, the report of subpoenaed bank records is false. Imagine that. So there isn't any investigation into mirror trade transactions that, at the very least, require bank records. You've been had, and I bet it isn't the first time.

To be more accurate, it is claimed by Trumps attorney it is false. Just like Manafort's attorney said he was not indicted in the seal indictment.

You don't have any information at all that shows that DB told the WH anything. You're going on what Trump's lawyer has said. We already know Jay Sekulow, the lawyer you're basing your claims on, is a liar.

“I do want to be clear, that the President was not involved in the drafting of the statement and did not issue the statement,” Sekulow told moderator Chuck Todd.
Source

The Washington Post reported Monday night that the president himself was responsible for the drafting of Donald Trump Jr.'s misleading statement after the New York Times revealed that the younger Trump had arranged a meeting with a Russian lawyer in June 2016. Individuals say White House advisers had decided to be transparent about the meeting, but the president changed the game plan at the last minute to misleadingly suggest that the meeting was about adoption. The full truth soon came out that the meeting was arranged to discuss compromising information, supposedly from the Russian government, about Hillary Clinton.

The problem for Sekulow? He denied at least twice, pretty unequivocally, that the president played any role in the drafting of that statement.Source

That is not a true statement. And, yes, it does sound arrogant and out of contact with reality too.

It IS reality because nothing has been proven that Trump did anything illegal. Just wait until it's revealed that there's nothing there, and come back and talk to me, okay? Then we'll see who's actually out touch with reality, and who's actually arrogant (hint, it's not me).

Your next position on this will be "Okay, so the bank was subpoenaed and Sekulow lied. So what?" It's easy to debate on an online forum when you have no goalposts to move.

If you have evidence that Sekulow and Sanders have lied about this, you should present it. I have not said that such a subpoena wouldn't be issued. I really don't care whether a subpoena is issued, or not. They aren't my bank accounts. I'm interested in the reporting here, and it appears to be in error unless you can prove it isn't, which could be cleared up by the Mueller team or the bank or the WH. Failing that, I suggest we just wait and see what actually happens instead of speculating on such events.

It IS reality because nothing has been proven that Trump did anything illegal. Just wait until it's revealed that there's nothing there, and come back and talk to me, okay? Then we'll see who's actually out touch with reality, and who's actually arrogant (hint, it's not me).

Yes, it's you, considering the preponderance of evidence, specifically his own tweets.

Nothing has been revealed because it's an ongoing investigation. Your claim that nothing will be revealed is based on your own delusions. There is literally no way for you to know that. Mueller doesn't even know that.

If you have evidence that Sekulow and Sanders have lied about this, you should present it. I have not said that such a subpoena wouldn't be issued. I really don't care whether a subpoena is issued, or not. They aren't my bank accounts. I'm interested in the reporting here, and it appears to be in error unless you can prove it isn't, which could be cleared up by the Mueller team or the bank or the WH. Failing that, I suggest we just wait and see what actually happens instead of speculating on such events.

And when Sekulow is shown to have lied, what will you say then, humbolt? What position will you leap to next?

lol, you have no proof they're false, though, aside from the fact that Trump's team said so.

Poor Trumpsters, they have not a clue. Trumps team is denying the financial records were released to Mueller. Muellers team is not obligated to tell Trumps attorneys about the records. Trump does not even have a clue that Mueller has his bank records, he is crapping his depends. Drip..drip

And when Sekulow is shown to have lied, what will you say then, humbolt? What position will you leap to next?

Muellers team have disclosed nothing, nor is the bank. Mueller has the bank records, without a doubt. He has probably had them for weeks.

Deutsche Bank doesn't deny that they were subpoenaed.

There was one person on the Mueller team that had political ties and he was fired. So, what's the problem, Mueller has high integrity standards? The narrative that Mueller's investigative team are a bunch of Democratic hacks out to get Trump is a fictional work.

There's more than the one that got reassigned.
I said he had political hacks on his team.
Would you like to read more about it?
I have drawn no conclusion about Mueller's integrity but he should have avoided choosing those people if he knew.
If it turns out he didn't know then we might be able to draw a conclusion about his carelessness or competence.

In addition to that mess ... given the responsibilities and requirements of the job it does appear as though some of those who have been or still are in positions of leadership in the FBI shouldn't be.

You don't have any information at all that shows that DB told the WH anything. You're going on what Trump's lawyer has said. We already know Jay Sekulow, the lawyer you're basing your claims on, is a liar.

Yep. They're all liars. Banks are legally obligated to inform customers that records are being supplied to third parties.

Yes, it's you, considering the preponderance of evidence, specifically his own tweets.

No, pretty sure it isn't me. There's a difference in being confident and being arrogant. In which case, I just know nothing will happen because they've been at it for over a year and nothing. They're just making stuff up as they go to appease the whack job Democrat voter base. Trump's tweets are not even evidence that he did anything, so come up with something else, on your own, not these reports, and bring them to me.

There's more than the one that got reassigned.
I said he had political hacks on his team.
Would you like to read more about it?
I have drawn no conclusion about Mueller's integrity but he should have avoided choosing those people if he knew.
If it turns out he didn't know then we might be able to draw a conclusion about his carelessness or competence.

In addition to that mess ... given the responsibilities and requirements of the job it does appear as though some of those who have been or still are in positions of leadership in the FBI shouldn't be.

Well considering that 70% of the population opposes trump the odds are some members of the team would.

Trump will have the same issue with his jury.

Yep. They're all liars. Banks are legally obligated to inform customers that records are being supplied to third parties.

Apparently the media jumped the gun and put out a bunch of fake news again.

From the Wall Street Journal this morning:
Deutsche Bank AG received a subpoena earlier in the fall from U.S. special counsel Robert Mueller’s office concerning people or entities affiliated with President Donald Trump, according to a person briefed on the matter.

The subpoena requested documents and data about accounts and other dealings tied to relationships with Mr. Trump and people close to him, the person said. The bank has lent more than $300 million to entities affiliated with Mr. Trump, according to public disclosures.​

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-deutsche-bank-records-subpoenaed-by-mueller-1512480154

So again old news and reported erroneously. Just like the media report that Trump ordered Flynn to contact Russia during the campaign when in fact it was after the election when it was entirely appropriate that he do so.

I am to the point I don't believe ANYTHING the anti-Trump people here post or that I see reported in the media these days as the stories so often are completely debunked, amended, or reversed once the truth comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom