• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's personal banking information handed over to Robert Mueller

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ve got to be kidding. Apart from Mueller running out of gas, he seems to have gotten onto a key piece of evidence that may show if Trump was the beneficiary of mirror trades with Russian money. Mirror trades are intended to hide moving illicit money by pretending that they are purchase transactions, and not what they are, money laundering.

Deutsche Bank, where Trump had many financial dealings, was or is at the center of these money laundering schemes. Now, Mueller is getting Deutsche Bank records of Trump transactions.

Instead of running out of gas, this seems like Mueller has tapped the gas refinery.
Mueller Subpoenas Trump Deutsche Bank Records, Source Says

How ‘Mirror Trades’ Moved Billions From Russia: QuickTake Q&A

Yes, as I said, this is an act of desperation. Failing to find any evidence of collusion or conspiracy to rig an election, Mueller is reduced to this. Maybe he'll find something, and maybe he won't. Meanwhile, his team is being undermined by obvious partisan meddling. He has his hands full. But, I surely don't want to interrupt your partisan breathlessness over prospects, so you carry on, brother. Carry on.

Birther? Not sure what that has to do with a birth certificate. Someone took great pains to keep their college transcript hidden. That doesn't sound very honorable, he must be hiding something. Seems that is all the evidence needed for a full blown investigation.

This again? Really? The man graduates Summa Cum Laude and you need to see his grades?

What part of Summa Cum Laude do you not understand?

As a general practice, law enforcement officials do not comment on ongoing investigations. In this particular situation there is a story out there that subpoenas were issued. The source for this story could only come from one of two places.

-People involved with the investigation

or

-People who were subponeaed

According to Jay Sekulow, Trump's lawyer, he has confirmed with the people who were supposedly subpoenaed that they, in fact, were not. Shouldn't be too hard for those who doubt his claims to call the very same people and confirm it.

Your comment about leo officials not commenting on ongoing investigations is what I figured (and therefore continues to make the inclusion of the spokesman's comment puzzling).

As for Sekulow, I'm dead serious regarding my question about Sekulow's claim: what would be a tangible consequence of him lying?

Last edited:
This again? Really? The man graduates Summa Cum Laude and you need to see his grades?

Birther? Not sure what that has to do with a birth certificate. Someone took great pains to keep their college transcript hidden. That doesn't sound very honorable, he must be hiding something. Seems that is all the evidence needed for a full blown investigation.

Anthony... just for you:

Graduating With Honors Requirements: Graduation with honors cum laude requirements vary. Cum laude grade point average estimates: gpa for cum laude - 3.5 to 3.7; gpa for magna cum laude - 3.8 to 3.9; gpa for summa cum laude - 4.0+.

linkypoo...

Since you were so very curious of his grades and all. No need to thank us. You are so welcome.

Yes, as I said, this is an act of desperation. Failing to find any evidence of collusion or conspiracy to rig an election, Mueller is reduced to this. Maybe he'll find something, and maybe he won't. Meanwhile, his team is being undermined by obvious partisan meddling. He has his hands full. But, I surely don't want to interrupt your partisan breathlessness over prospects, so you carry on, brother. Carry on.
Let me understand what you are saying, "[f]ailing to find any evidence of collusion or conspiracy to rig an election, Mueller is reduced to" investigating Trump's Deutsche Bank mirror trade transactions that show that he received laundered money from Russia which is evidence of collusion or conspiracy to rig an election.

Anthony... just for you:

Graduating With Honors Requirements: Graduation with honors cum laude requirements vary. Cum laude grade point average estimates: gpa for cum laude - 3.5 to 3.7; gpa for magna cum laude - 3.8 to 3.9; gpa for summa cum laude - 4.0+.

linkypoo...

Since you were so very curious of his grades and all. No need to thank us. You are so welcome.

You really have trouble following a discussion, don't you? Go back and look if the point was to get his grades, or maybe, maybe it was something else, in comparison to Trump.

And he rolled the Paul Ryan wing of the party when he convinced the RNC to support Moore, arguing that that the people get to decide, not the elites.

How about adding to the Trump administration's accomplishments in the last few days the Federal Grand Jury indictment of Jose Inez Garcia-Zarate. "Garcia-Zarate, 54, will now face federal charges for being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition, as well as for being an illegally present alien in possession of a firearm and ammunition."

Federal Grand Jury Indicts Steinle Killer | The Daily Caller

WoooooHoooo!

I really don’t care about him releasing his grades, why do you want Trump’s tax returns?

Sent from my iPhone X using Telepathy.

During the 1960s while Trump was nursing deferment feet Robert Mueller was a Marine Lt. in Vietnam taking enemy fire in the leg. That's a chasm of character.

Trump and Mueller are two guys born in Manhattan who took two divergent paths in their lives. If this were a movie kids in Manhattan would be saying that when they grow up they want to be special prosecutor. They'd tussle over who's going to the the best one and most famous. One of the first things prosecutors do in white collar criminal cases is to get the perp's tax records. Five will get you ten Mueller's had Trump's tax records for months.

Trump started going bonkers well before the first public report yesterday that Mueller subpoenaed Deutsche Bank several weeks ago. Indeed the standard prosecutor procedure and practice says the reports are accurate. The news would have already been circulating privately and quietly among the principals in Moscow and Washington. DB is anyway too big and vulnerable a corporation to be saying what Mueller is doing with them. DB has to minimize damage from their Russian-Trump connected operations that Mueller is investigating. DB can also see the handwriting across the sky to the USA and Trump's fate.

It was a report in a German media Handleblatt that DB had been subpoenaed by Mueller weeks ago that finally surfaced over there. Naturally the media report came here as lightning wrecking Trump's gold plated outhouse. It's smoldering ruins are all the Trump Fanboyz have left now to stand on.

How about adding to the Trump administration's accomplishments in the last few days the Federal Grand Jury indictment of Jose Inez Garcia-Zarate. "Garcia-Zarate, 54, will now face federal charges for being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition, as well as for being an illegally present alien in possession of a firearm and ammunition."

Federal Grand Jury Indicts Steinle Killer | The Daily Caller

WoooooHoooo!

This Fellow Trump is not like those other guys.......

You said, "Just give me the man, and I'll find a crime. That's pretty much how Mueller is operating." In response to a thread titled "Trump's personal banking information handed over to Robert Mueller," the wording of your post means that there is a financial crime for Mueller to find. Now maybe you didn't intend to say that, but that is what the wording of it means.

No, it really doesn’t. But, I could see how a cursory review would come to that conclusion .

During the 1960s while Trump was nursing deferment feet Robert Mueller was a Marine Lt. in Vietnam taking enemy fire in the leg. That's a chasm of character.

Trump and Mueller are two guys born in Manhattan who took two divergent paths in their lives. If this were a movie kids in Manhattan would be saying that when they grow up they want to be special prosecutor. They'd tussle over who's going to the the best one and most famous. One of the first things prosecutors do in white collar criminal cases is to get the perp's tax records. Five will get you ten Mueller's had Trump's tax records for months.

Trump started going bonkers well before the first public report yesterday that Mueller subpoenaed Deutsche Bank several weeks ago. Indeed the standard prosecutor procedure and practice says the reports are accurate. The news would have already been circulating privately and quietly among the principals in Moscow and Washington. DB is anyway too big and vulnerable a corporation to be saying what Mueller is doing with them. DB has to minimize damage from their Russian-Trump connected operations that Mueller is investigating. DB can also see the handwriting across the sky to the USA and Trump's fate.

It was a report in a German media Handleblatt that DB had been subpoenaed by Mueller weeks ago that finally surfaced over there. Naturally the media report came here as lightning wrecking Trump's gold plated outhouse. It's smoldering ruins are all the Trump Fanboyz have left now to stand on.

Trump gives every indication that he is going to fight, lay in a good store of popcorn.....

You are the one that put the "kick me" sign on your own back, and now you are whining....:lamo

It does get tiresome to have to explain things to you. That, on top of the boredom your posts produce.

No, it really doesn’t. But, I could see how a cursory review would come to that conclusion .

It's the logical conclusion of those words in this context. If you have something else to offer, then say it already.

Trump gives every indication that he is going to fight, lay in a good store of popcorn.....

Methinks the Republican revolt will put Pence out front with the Cabinet.

It's a matter of time, events, developments. The tax stuff and Deutsche Bank subpoena becoming public by German media opens the new dimension of the money connections Mueller has been nailing down. Mueller is a sub captain not a fisherman. Trump is a holiday cruise ship full of his cronies riding high in the water.

Pence is one of the guyz and the guyz are one with him over many years in Washington. Pence from Indiana served in the House and as governor. Mike Pence is a good ol' boy and holier than thou which makes him the perfect Republican Potus among Republicans, the lunar right and the Jesus Crackpots. He and Ben Carson at HUD for instance would break bread together like nobody's business. Rick Perry at Energy would kiss Pence's ring, bending at the fireplace. Education Sec. Betsy DeVos would get down on her knees before Pence and pray. Most of the Cabinet are Pence people, not Trump people. Sharply opposite Trump in fact.

WH lawyers and staff are trying to keep Trump tethered as best they can till it's time to hit the button under the conference table. Everybody in Washington knows Trump is compromised by Russian intelligence to include finance, money, personally -- completely. It's completely unacceptable in a Potus. Trump is a nuclear nutcase besides.

The Cabinet doing it relieves the Republicans in Congress of the whole long and ugly impeachment and the 2018 elections in which Bannon will primary 'em. Bannon has no relations or impact with the unelected Cabinet. The Cabinet and vp are the free agents accountable only to themselves who also enjoy safety in numbers. There's still a certain public respect of a Potus cabinet of either party.

Of the four principal cabinet officers since Washington's presidency, three are not people Trump can rely on. Trump would have only Minuchin on his side while he'd face a posse of Tillerson, Mattis, Sessions. That's three sheriffs and a bunch of deputies to saddle up and ride when the time comes, which won't be a long time in coming. Methinks this is the likely and safest bet all around for everyone. It seems a lot of people could think in this way. Sounds here like a plan.

Last edited:
Methinks the Republican revolt will put Pence out front with the Cabinet.

It's a matter of time, events, developments. The tax stuff and Deutsche Bank subpoena becoming public by German media opens the new dimension of the money connections Mueller has been nailing down. Mueller is a sub captain not a fisherman. Trump is a holiday cruise ship full of his cronies riding high in the water.

Pence is one of the guyz and the guyz are one with him over many years in Washington. Pence from Indiana served in the House and as governor. Mike Pence is a good ol' boy and holier than thou which makes him the perfect Republican Potus among Republicans, the lunar right and the Jesus Crackpots. He and Ben Carson at HUD for instance would break bread together like nobody's business. Rick Perry at Energy would kiss Pence's ring, bending at the fireplace. Education Sec. Betsy DeVos would get down on her knees before Pence and pray. Most of the Cabinet are Pence people, not Trump people. Sharply opposite Trump in fact.

WH lawyers and staff are trying to keep Trump tethered as best they can till it's time to hit the button under the conference table. Everybody in Washington knows Trump is compromised by Russian intelligence to include finance, money, personally -- completely. It's completely unacceptable in a Potus. Trump is a nuclear nutcase besides.

The Cabinet doing it relieves the Republicans in Congress of the whole long and ugly impeachment and the 2018 elections in which Bannon will primary 'em. Bannon has no relations or impact with the unelected Cabinet. The Cabinet and vp are the free agents accountable only to themselves who also enjoy safety in numbers. There's still a certain public respect of a Potus cabinet of either party.

Of the four principal cabinet officers since Washington's presidency, three are not people Trump can rely on. Trump would have only Minuchin on his side while he'd face a posse of Tillerson, Mattis, Sessions. That's three sheriffs and a bunch of deputies to saddle up and ride when the time comes, which won't be a long time in coming. Methinks this is the likely and safest bet all around for everyone. It seems a lot of people could think in this way. Sounds here like a plan.

I dont know if it is Pence or Ryan, because I dont know that Mueller can go after everyone else but not Pence. Now we heard often during the campaign that Pence and Trump never had much to do with each other but they did after the election..... if the crime is written up as as obstruction of justice then Pence cant be anywhere around the crime, and I dont know that Mueller can write it that way.

The "meat" of the article I linked to revolves around this quote from Sekulow...

That is a pretty powerful statement to put out there because it can be easily confirmed or easily shown to be false. I have a hard time believing that someone at this level would be stupid enough to blatantly lie about something like that knowing full well that every media outlet in the world is going to be all over it the instant it comes out of his mouth.

UMMM you ever listen to anything that comes out of trumps little.carp lips?

After reading through a few pages of this thread I find it very amusing that members of the trumpets are believing the word of a lawyer and a trump lawyer for that matter and if I'm not mistaken one with a Russian name.

Funny, just funny...

I dont know if it is Pence or Ryan, because I dont know that Mueller can go after everyone else but not Pence. Now we heard often during the campaign that Pence and Trump never had much to do with each other but they did after the election..... if the crime is written up as as obstruction of justice then Pence cant be anywhere around the crime, and I dont know that Mueller can write it that way.

Yes, while my post focused on Pence given he is vp, Pence being vp may place him too deep into the Trump campaign and WH to avoid or avert Mueller and his investigators. Word around since the campaign is that Manafort in Cleveland successfully championed Pence as vp which reminds me of the old saying that with friends like [Manafort[ who needs enemies.

Yet Mueller isn't doing much to scrutinize Pence that we know of. So there is the consideration that if Mueller et al also considered Pence to himself be a threat there'd be a lot more in the public domain than there is about the vp and the investigation. Without much about Pence and the investigation we naturally assume the guy is considered a safe successor. Pence in his classic style says virtually nothing either way about the investigation or about Trump, preferring instead to just stand there and look godlike. Pence has enough political savvy to know to stay out of the grass while the elephants are trampling on it. Pence's chief vulnerability seems to be the Flynn lie and what Pence knew about Flynn, the FBI and Trump, what Pence said, what he didn't know, what may have transpired since etc.

As to Paul Ryan it is indeed a real possibility we could end up with a Potus Ryan. Speaker is next in the line of succession Constitutionally so it would be logical and rational to elevate Ryan should it come down to that. Ryan is Mr. Normal American regardless of his politics which would be more than enough for the country to accept after Trump or to even welcome. Ryan's shtick is to mind his own business doing a good job of it and when the boss appears to present Ryan with a new shingle say aw shucks boss you know I'm happy doing what I am doing. But if you insist boss then I guess I'm okay with it. I won't let you down. Americans still suck up that Jimmy Stewart stuff wholesale and in bundles. McConnell is the ogre while most Americans find little about Paul Ryan to dislike or disapprove. Ryan takes care of the party elites with aplomb which means charming the victims. So Ryan is a winner no matter where one comes from.

Pence though has suffered a hit of his own making in the reports just out that he tried to overthrow Trump after the Billy Bush bus sex, truth and videotape bomb during the campaign. Christian regiments across the land have recoiled to see Pence as a Machiavelli while the Trump Troopers see treason in it. It seems though that women on the right don't share Mrs. Pence's revulsion of Trump. So Pence presents the image of the cigar store native American while he marks time gingerly during the investigation. Yet make no mistake about Pence cause he wants it badly. If Pence sees an opening he's gonna leap. Neither would Pence hesitate to come up behind Trump and hit him in the head with a sock full of ****. After all, Pence knows that God knows Mike Pence is a good man. So what if it's 14th century man.

snip
-------------------------------------------

Pence though has suffered a hit of his own making in the reports just out that he tried to overthrow Trump after the Billy Bush bus sex, truth and videotape bomb during the campaign. Christian regiments across the land have recoiled to see Pence as a Machiavelli while the Trump Troopers see treason in it. It seems though that women on the right don't share Mrs. Pence's revulsion of Trump. So Pence presents the image of the cigar store native American while he marks time gingerly during the investigation. Yet make no mistake about Pence cause he wants it badly. If Pence sees an opening he's gonna leap. Neither would Pence hesitate to come up behind Trump and hit him in the head with a sock full of ****. After all, Pence knows that God knows Mike Pence is a good man. So what if it's 14th century man.

I figured way back in FEB that Pence will in the end betray THE REBELLION, I have seen nothing to change my mind.

I cant find me saying this earlier but I am sure that I did, but that only works if Mueller does not take him out, and I cant get any clarity on that.

I really don’t care about him releasing his grades, why do you want Trump’s tax returns?

Because a) he promised to release them, and b) it is established convention for Presidential candidates to release them. Trump is probably the first US Presidential candidate/President who has refused to release his tax returns in half a century. Why?

I cant find me saying this earlier but I am sure that I did, but that only works if Mueller does not take him out, and I cant get any clarity on that.

Methinks Mueller knows what disposition he has for Pence in the investigation and that Pence has a sense of it too. Which likely would be that there isn't much there to pursue concerning Pence. Mueller knows what Flynn has said about Pence in the FBI lying controversy to which Flynn has pleaded guilty and turned state's witness. Given Mueller's knowledge and that there seems to be nothing cooking at the investigation about Pence it looks like Pence's position and prospects to succeed are secure.

"The Rebellion" inaugurated by Trump is a campaign to destroy the United States by burning down everything to include the Constitution. Pence hasn't ever indicated he is a part of this, at least not in any active way or as having a belief in it. So despite Pence being championed for vp by Manafort in Cleveland there isn't any indication that Pence is in on the Putin-Trump design to transmogrify the USA into Russia. Pence therefore would "betray" nothing by succeeding Trump if that were to occur and by resuming the more normal and regular processes and procedures through existing institutions to include respecting the Constitution. Pence and his Jesus Crackpots would radically alter the Constitution to create their nutcase Christian Nation but they'd be banging their heads against the proverbial wall. That would be nothing in contrast to Trump who by just being Trump would shred the Constitution to make the USA more like Russia to include kissing up to the CCP Tyrants in Beijing.

Preserving the Constitution is vital so the investigation and disposal of Trump needs to be done in accord with the document. It necessarily takes time which Americans accept. We need to accept also that in the time consuming process of evicting Trump he will inflict unavoidable damage and a serious harm to the Constitution and the nation. The bottom line is that there is a deep state and rightfully and thankfully Trump will not be able to succeed. Given Pence is the alternative leader and the Constitutional successor, and that there is zero indication he is intent on destroying the United States, a Potus Pence would be acceptable. Whatever Mueller finds about Putin-Trump and their coordinated mangling of the election, the outcome won't be reversed by any means or in any way. So Pence would be it, i.e., Potus Pence after Trump is disposed of as he should be, must be, shall be.

The so-called "rebellion" is in fact nihilism by means of anarchy with its end goal being dictatorship. Our American conservatives wouldn't have it any other way. Trump is their design and goal come true so this is their big moment. And a passing moment it is as failure was the only guarantee.

I highly suspect the leak came from the German bank. Hell, Mrs Merkel probably smiled when she approved the leak lol

No consequence to be had for changing ones mind.

There's no definitive reason to think he changed his mind. How do you know he just didn't say what he thought people wanted him to say and never actually intended to follow through with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom