• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's personal banking information handed over to Robert Mueller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing has been revealed because it's an ongoing investigation. Your claim that nothing will be revealed is based on your own delusions. There is literally no way for you to know that. Mueller doesn't even know that.

Well, of course it's an ongoing investigation because they no choice but to make it ongoing because of the Democrat voter base. Besides, this investigation started on a lie from the Democrats and the Washington Establishment with the pee dossier. Give it a day or so, and they'll find out there's nothing (they already know there's nothing, but going to do it anyway because it makes them look like they're on to something, but they know they're not).

And when Sekulow is shown to have lied, what will you say then, humbolt? What position will you leap to next?

I'll say Sekulow lied. I'm not the one doing the leaping here, BTW.

As I said, I'm more interested in the veracity of the reporting and exactly who the anonymus source is. There's been a bevy of false reports of late, so its pretty difficult to determine what's true and what isn't. I see no advantage to a WH denial of such a subpoena, but it's possible. We'll see soon enough.

As I said, I'm more interested in the veracity of the reporting and exactly who the anonymus source is. There's been a bevy of false reports of late, so its pretty difficult to determine what's true and what isn't. I see no advantage to a WH denial of such a subpoena, but it's possible. We'll see soon enough.

And when it is shown that Sekulow lied, will you give him as much credibility the next time around?

Trump's relation to Deutch Bank is dirtier than sin. Trump's entire business end of this is money laundering.

The bank’s $300 million loan to Trump, after the oft-bankrupt magnate fell behind on a separate loan from the German bank, was highly unusual according to banking experts, and likely raises questions for Mueller’s investigators about who or what was backing the additional funds.

In 2008, according to Harding’s book, Trump was refusing to pay off a $640 million loan, which he was using for a project in Chicago. He blamed the financial crash for his failure to pay. When Deutsche Bank tried to collect, Trump went on the offensive, and sued the bank in Queens, New York, demanding $3 billion for its role in the crash.

Two years later, all was forgiven and the bank was loaning him $300 million, due in 2023 and 2024. It was not the first time lenders had doubled down on bad loans to Trump, but American banks never revisited that strategy after Trump’s $900 million bankruptcy in the 1990s.

The Deutsche Bank deal shocked Harding’s sources. “Asked whether it was normal to give more money to a customer who was a bad credit risk and a litigant,” Harding wrote, “one former senior Deutsche Bank staff member said: “Are you ****ing kidding me?”

How Much is Trump Worth? Mueller's Deutsche Bank Subpoena Could Solve the Mystery
Rachel Maddow did this story yesterday:

LIVE - Offsite Embedded Player

The Rachel Maddow Show on msnbc ? Latest News & Video

Apparently the media jumped the gun and put out a bunch of fake news again.

From the Wall Street Journal this morning:
Deutsche Bank AG received a subpoena earlier in the fall from U.S. special counsel Robert Mueller’s office concerning people or entities affiliated with President Donald Trump, according to a person briefed on the matter.

The subpoena requested documents and data about accounts and other dealings tied to relationships with Mr. Trump and people close to him, the person said. The bank has lent more than $300 million to entities affiliated with Mr. Trump, according to public disclosures.​

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-deutsche-bank-records-subpoenaed-by-mueller-1512480154

So again old news and reported erroneously. Just like the media report that Trump ordered Flynn to contact Russia during the campaign when in fact it was after the election when it was entirely appropriate that he do so.

I am to the point I don't believe ANYTHING the anti-Trump people here post or that I see reported in the media these days as the stories so often are completely debunked, amended, or reversed once the truth comes out.

Some folks here are hyperventilating over prospects. But stock in Union Camp. Paper bag sales will be up to keep these folks on their feet.

Bloomberg stands by their source that says that Mueller got the subpoena.

Apparently the media jumped the gun and put out a bunch of fake news again.

From the Wall Street Journal this morning:
Deutsche Bank AG received a subpoena earlier in the fall from U.S. special counsel Robert Mueller’s office concerning people or entities affiliated with President Donald Trump, according to a person briefed on the matter.

The subpoena requested documents and data about accounts and other dealings tied to relationships with Mr. Trump and people close to him, the person said. The bank has lent more than $300 million to entities affiliated with Mr. Trump, according to public disclosures.​

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-deutsche-bank-records-subpoenaed-by-mueller-1512480154

So again old news and reported erroneously. Just like the media report that Trump ordered Flynn to contact Russia during the campaign when in fact it was after the election when it was entirely appropriate that he do so.

I am to the point I don't believe ANYTHING the anti-Trump people here post or that I see reported in the media these days as the stories so often are completely debunked, amended, or reversed once the truth comes out.

This could've happened in November, or October, or September. It's coming out now that the subpoena went out. That's why it's news. I don't know why you think this somehow discredits the story.

Bloomberg stands by their source that says that Mueller got the subpoena.

Well, if it's the subpoena from early in the fall, that's already known. This is starting to sound like a tempest in a tea pot. I dunno. Maybe "a dispute in the ant farm" would be a better descriptive.

That's just it. When it will be revealed that there's no signs of wrong doing in Trump's bank account, I don't need to prove anything else. So my answer remains on what will be found by the Mueller investigation, and that's nothing. They only way they can find something is they make it up, like the dossier. And my view on the "investigation" won't change because it IS a farce. Plus, you've given me nothing, so I don't know if your claims of Trump doing something illegal are either laughable or something to get a headache over because of how stupid and unrealistic the evidence is. Until you give me something concrete (which you won't because there is nothing concrete saying Trump did what he did, but you can try), I'll stand firm on my position

Ah, so you're not at all interested in reality, but prefer to remain in the realm of pure fantasy.

Why didn't you just say so from the beginning?

It's completely understandable how Bob Mueller and his team have you frightened out of your wits.

This could've happened in November, or October, or September. It's coming out now that the subpoena went out. That's why it's news. I don't know why you think this somehow discredits the story.

The story being pushed is that Trump's personal banking information has been subpoenaed. It has not. And it isn't being reported that it happened in September or October. It is being reported as something new. The story the media and Trump haters want to believe just isn't so.

The thread title is "Trump's personal banking information handed over to Robert Mueller." That has not happened.

Well considering that 70% of the population opposes trump the odds are some members of the team would.

Trump will have the same issue with his jury.
Voir dire.

The story being pushed is that Trump's personal banking information has been subpoenaed. It has not. And it isn't being reported that it happened in September or October. It is being reported as something new. The story the media and Trump haters want to believe just isn't so.

The thread title is "Trump's personal banking information handed over to Robert Mueller." That has not happened.

It is unclear the extent of information that was subpoenaed but there isn't much difference here between personal banking information and information related to him and his business dealings. He paid off his corporate debt owed to DB by signing up with their PWM division and obtaining a loan through them. It's clear that his PWM accounts there are linked to his business dealings.

While you exclaim, "The story being pushed is that Trump's personal banking information has been subpoenaed. It has not," I'd like to ask, how do you know it has not?

Voir dire.

Well when it came to Mueller's team that was certainly moot. Or maybe it wasn't. Maybe the team was assembled that would do whatever was necessary to bring the President down? No way to know the truth of that one is there.

Also the subpoena may be month or two old and only now was complied with due to the complicated amount of information or the trump team contesting it in closed.court.

While you exclaim, "The story being pushed is that Trump's personal banking information has been subpoenaed. It has not," I'd like to ask, how do you know it has not?

Because his attorney says it has not and no bank has stated that it happened. Therefore to believe the story is fake news is far more credible than is the media who have been putting out fake news for more than a year now or those at DP who don't care if the story is accurate if it will reinforce their hatred of the President.

This is interesting. After Trump declared bankruptcy, he was blacklisted by every bank, except one. Deuche Bank. This is the same bank used by Russian Oligarchs. Laundering Russian mob money? That's what Mueller is looking at.

Every one of DB's clients is a criminal, without exception?

An anonymous source (Laufman?, Weissmann?, Strzok?, Rhee? ...) said there was a subpoena. Could be the old one ... could be a new one ... could be the old one dressed up to sound like a new one.
AND
Another anonymous source (not Trump's lawyers, not Trump's gardeners at Mara Lago, not Kelly Ann, ....) said there was no new subpoena.

Whatever ... I understand banks are required to notify the account holder if their records have been surrendered to a third party and I believe that would apply here ... even if it's Robert Mueller.
Unless maybe if he threatened Deutsche Bank with a visit from Weissmann if they said anything to anybody.

Last edited:

Yawn. More denial of reality. The only people saying it hasn't been subpoenaed are Trump's team, and I'm hearing all sorts of reports that it happened in early fall. The only thing new is that we're now finding out about it.

Man, this REALLY has to be disheartening for Trump supporters.

What a disappointment for them when Trump's Russian mob connections and activities finally come out and they.....

Oh, wait. They won't give a damn.

Well when it came to Mueller's team that was certainly moot. Or maybe it wasn't. Maybe the team was assembled that would do whatever was necessary to bring the President down? No way to know the truth of that one is there.

Of course. It would not apply to Mueller's team. I was responding to his point about it being the same as a jury. I suspect Mueller wasn't even considering their biases.

Happy to see you agree there will be a jury trial and not just an impeachment.

Facing the truth is a good first step.

Don't go all Trang on me now.

This is interesting. After Trump declared bankruptcy, he was blacklisted by every bank, except one. Deuche Bank. This is the same bank used by Russian Oligarchs. Laundering Russian mob money? That's what Mueller is looking at.

The Adorables are foolin themselves if they believe Mueller does not already have Trumps financial records and tax returns, bet my next pay check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom