• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's personal banking information handed over to Robert Mueller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, bare minimum rock bottom is the way we govern this country now, isn't it?

Umm that is what is required nothing else matters. You don't like the standards call your congressman to change them.
Or submit for a constitutional amendment.

That isn't minimum rock bottom.

I agreed with this sentiment 100% until Trump said "if I get elected, I'll show my tax returns". He got elected, he didn't show his tax returns. So for me, it's not a matter of the taxes that I'm taking issue with, it's saying you'll do something then not doing it. Had he never said that I wouldn't care about seeing his taxes. If I made a claim like that (give me job x and I'll take action y) and didn't follow through, I'm rather certain I'd suffer at least some sort of consequence.

No consequence to be had for changing ones mind.

Pretend I'm stupid (and if you don't feel like you have to pretend, even better):

1)If a Mueller spokesman hasn't commented on this issue, what exactly does that mean for your argument?
2)Is it common for a Mueller spokesman to comment on the ongoing investigation?
My argument doesn't revolve around a Mueller spokesman commenting.

The meat of it rests with the fact that Sekulow is denying it and claims that it has been confirmed by the people who were supposedly subpoenaed.

My argument doesn't revolve around a Mueller spokesman commenting.

The meat of it rests with the fact that Sekulow is denying it and claims that it has been confirmed by the people who were supposedly subpoenaed.

If your argument doesn't revolve around a Mueller spokesman's public comment, then why in Zeus's butthole did you put it in your post?

If your argument doesn't revolve around a Mueller spokesman's public comment, then why in Zeus's butthole did you put it in your post?

Because it was a direct quote from the source?

Exactly.

This whole story comes down to leaks. As it stands right now the people that were supposedly subpoenaed to provide these banking records are denying it.

No, they aren't. They are neither confirming or denying it.. but said they would comply with any legitimate inquiries. That basically said that they would cooperate with the authorities. That did not say that they either did or did not do anything. That is a standard response to any kind of inquiries like that , for anybody. It basically says absolutely nothing, one way or another.

The Trump lawyer denied it, but it is most likely that 1) the Trump team would not be informed anyway and 2) even if they were, they would lie about it anyway. I remember Manafort's lawyer denying he was indicted, right up to when the indictment was unsealed.

I know that Manafort is also playing things close to his chest, and it is likely that it wouldn't be Donald Trump Sr. records that are being looked at , because Krushner had a loan from that bank in the order of 285 million dollars. Considering the entanglement Krushner has with Flynn , that would be something they would reasonably look at.

However, that is speculation, and while it would be an educated guess and a very good possibility, the hard evidence for that is lacking.

Or maybe this is just another bit of "exaggeration" much like the reports that Trump ordered Flynn to negotiate with the Russians on sanctions.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-got-subpoena-on-trump-accounts-idUSKBN1DZ0XN

Okay... My sources consist of Reuters, BBC, CNBC, NY Daily News, The Hill etc etc etc... And they have done research and verifications off of the original reporting from the german newspaper called Handelsblatt. Your sources have you relying solely on trumps lawyers telling you the truth.

I like my odds.

No, they aren't. They are neither confirming or denying it.. but said they would comply with any legitimate inquiries. That basically said that they would cooperate with the authorities. That did not say that they either did or did not do anything. That is a standard response to any kind of inquiries like that , for anybody. It basically says absolutely nothing, one way or another.

The Trump lawyer denied it, but it is most likely that 1) the Trump team would not be informed anyway and 2) even if they were, they would lie about it anyway. I remember Manafort's lawyer denying he was indicted, right up to when the indictment was unsealed.

I know that Manafort is also playing things close to his chest, and it is likely that it wouldn't be Donald Trump Sr. records that are being looked at , because Krushner had a loan from that bank in the order of 285 million dollars. Considering the entanglement Krushner has with Flynn , that would be something they would reasonably look at.

However, that is speculation, and while it would be an educated guess and a very good possibility, the hard evidence for that is lacking.

The "meat" of the article I linked to revolves around this quote from Sekulow...

“We have confirmed that the news reports that the Special Counsel had subpoenaed financial records relating to the president are false,” Sekulow told Reuters in a statement. “No subpoena has been issued or received. We have confirmed this with the bank and other sources.”

He later said the bank in question was Deutsche Bank. A spokesman for Mueller declined to comment.

That is a pretty powerful statement to put out there because it can be easily confirmed or easily shown to be false. I have a hard time believing that someone at this level would be stupid enough to blatantly lie about something like that knowing full well that every media outlet in the world is going to be all over it the instant it comes out of his mouth.

The "meat" of the article I linked to revolves around this quote from Sekulow...

That is a pretty powerful statement to put out there because it can be easily confirmed or easily shown to be false. I have a hard time believing that someone at this level would be stupid enough to blatantly lie about something like that knowing full well that every media outlet in the world is going to be all over it the instant it comes out of his mouth.

And, when I hear that, as I mentioned, I remember when Mueller gave sealed indictments to the court on a Friday, through out the entire weekend, Manafort's lawyer said that he wasn't going to be indicted, and he was.

I don't know if by German law that the bank could have confirmed that with Trump's lawyer. So, I take any claims from lawyers from from someone potentially under investigation (or defending them in another manner) with more than a bit of a grain of salt. Anytime a lawyer is talking to the press I take what they say as a potential piece of misinformation.

Exactly.

This whole story comes down to leaks. As it stands right now the people that were supposedly subpoenaed to provide these banking records are denying it.
No they are not.
Trump lawyer denies Deutsche Bank got subpoena on Trump accounts
A Deutsche Bank spokesman in New York had no immediate comment beyond the statement the bank issued earlier on Tuesday which said the bank takes “its legal obligations seriously and remains committed to cooperating with authorized investigations into this matter.”
Wouldn't you think that if no subpoena was issued, they would say so?

The only people denying are Trump's lawyers. How would they know, one way or the other, whether Deutsche Bank was issued a subpoena?

Just out of curiosity, can it be confirmed to be true or false? And if shown to be false, so what?

I...I just want to understand the relevance of it. Is that so much to ask?

And here I thought you were interested in whether or not these reports were true.

Silly me.

Just out of curiosity, can it be confirmed to be true or false? And if shown to be false, so what?

Sekulow said the reports that Trump's financial records were subpoenaed are false and offered corroboration of that statement. So what? That's a pretty powerful claim to make in the face of the media frenzy that has ensued since this story broke earlier today. It is powerful because if he is just making it up, the fact that he is just making it up can be proven with little effort. It is a position that I have a hard time believing that someone on his level would put himself in.

A source close to the matter told AFP that Germany's biggest bank had received a subpoena from Robert Mueller's team for documents related to its dealings with the US president and had already begun to provide them.

However, White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders rejected reports of a subpoena for Trump-related financial records as "completely false," as did Trump's personal attorney Jay Sekulow.

After the White House denial, a source close to the matter, speaking on condition of anonymity, reiterated to AFP that Deutsche Bank had received the request several weeks ago. https://www.yahoo.com/news/deutsche-bank-subpoenaed-trump-probe-003534534.html
What do you think, is Mueller fishing through Trump’s bank records? If this is what Mueller is doing, is it to find evidence of collusion between Trump and Russian government agents, or just to see if he can find anything questionable relating to Trump?
Special counsel Robert Mueller has issued a subpoena to Germany’s largest bank, in a possible sign the investigation into Russian election interference may be expanding toward the finances of President Donald Trump or other individuals under scrutiny by the special counsel.

Specific requests of the bank were not immediately clear, but ABC News previously reported that Deutsche Bank lent the Trump Organization more than $300 million for real estate transactions before Trump became president.

In an interview this July, Trump told The New York Times that examination of his or his family’s finances by Mueller would cross a red line. “I think that’s a violation,” Trump told the paper. “Look, this is about Russia.”

Deutsche Bank is not the only Trump-related business interest that is attracting the attention of investigators. Later this week, members of the House Intelligence Committee will interview Felix Sater, a onetime Trump business partner who helped develop the Trump SoHo project. Mueller issues subpoena to Deutsche Bank in Russia probe - ABC News
Is Mueller’s investigation about collusion with Russia or about anything that implicates Trump in some questionable way? Should Mueller be searching through decades of records of Trump's financing to try and find evidence of collusion with Russian government agents last year?

Sekulow said the reports that Trump's financial records were subpoenaed are false and offered corroboration of that statement. So what? That's a pretty powerful claim to make in the face of the media frenzy that has ensued since this story broke earlier today. It is powerful because if he is just making it up, the fact that he is just making it up can be proven with little effort. It is a position that I have a hard time believing that someone on his level would put himself in.

Okay. And if Sekulow is lying, then what what be the consequence of that?

Okay. And if Sekulow is lying, then what what be the consequence of that?

The 27% that makes up Trumps cult will like him 200% more.

And here I thought you were interested in whether or not these reports were true.

Silly me.

You don't need to make this personal. My curiosity was piqued by the inclusion of the fact that the Mueller investigation didn't comment on this issue. I'm still trying to figure out the relevance of it, as well as whether it's the habit of the Mueller investigation to make public comments about its ongoing investigation.

Mueller's team has not subpoenaed Deutsche Bank on Trump's finances, legal team says

Mueller's team has not subpoenaed Deutsche Bank on Trump's finances, legal team says | Fox News

Methinks the legal team could be getting paid in rubles.

What izzit now, 60 rubles to a buck which is something to chew on. Ten bucks in Russia could buy a hundred nothing burgers over there.

Now comes another stunning revelation: the Russians paid for their Facebook ads in rubles.
U.S. Senator says Russia paid for its pro-Trump Facebook ads in rubles - Palmer Report

Anyone PM me if you might know a good Russian ruble money exchange office near here. Americans are free to buy the ruble and to possess it although I'd definitely need more information. I like the new Deutsche Bank USA headquarters at 2 World Trade Center too. Lotsa rubles.

You don't need to make this personal. My curiosity was piqued by the inclusion of the fact that the Mueller investigation didn't comment on this issue. I'm still trying to figure out the relevance of it, as well as whether it's the habit of the Mueller investigation to make public comments about its ongoing investigation.
As a general practice, law enforcement officials do not comment on ongoing investigations. In this particular situation there is a story out there that subpoenas were issued. The source for this story could only come from one of two places.

-People involved with the investigation

or

-People who were subponeaed

According to Jay Sekulow, Trump's lawyer, he has confirmed with the people who were supposedly subpoenaed that they, in fact, were not. Shouldn't be too hard for those who doubt his claims to call the very same people and confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverTrumpGOP View Post
Considering his main bank is Deutsche Bank. That says it all right there.

Why do you think that says anything?

Keep up little one. They were caught money laundering millions for the Russians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom