• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's approval rating plunges back to his worst with two new polls

People who use the term "Crooked Hillary" aren't worthy of debating.
Oh come on. You have to be a really blind partisan not to recognize Hillary is a dirtbag,

You want a Russian stooge as President and that trumps it all. [emoji38]
That Russian stooge increased military spending 14% And is growing a strong US economy so please tell me how that benefits Russia?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Trumps win came from 80,000 votes in 3 blue states. When a national election is decided by a tenth of 1% of votes cast it can not be considered a landslide. Not to mention that Obama got a majority of votes cast and Trump lost the popular vote by over 3 million. Trumps name will have a asterisk in the history books as the least popular President ever elected.

He will also have an asterisk for the Democrats somehow finding a candidate that was WORSE than him. LAFF RIOT

Your mirror thinking is duly noted. What is mirror thinking? Conservatives say they are for small government and low taxes as a goal of their own, so conservatives think that liberals must believe the opposite and thus be for big government, more spending -- regardless of what for, and high taxes as a goal.

The reality is that liberals want government to do certain things, like provide essential health care; a safety net and old age benefits. The size of government per se isn’t the objective.

But reviewing recent history, the size of government increased the most under Republican Administrations. Moreover, conservatives say they are for low taxes but they are really only for low taxes on the wealthy. That's why they invented Frank Luntz terms like "skin in the game" -- which really means raise taxes on poor people.
Your problem is you don't understand the role of the Federal Government or the state and local governments which is a basic civics issue that you don't understand.

Healthcare Remains the state and local issue not a federal one. So by all means keep posting bogus information, Bogus polls that make you feel good cuz it's going to be a bloodbath in November for Democrats with the economy we have now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Trumps win came from 80,000 votes in 3 blue states. When a national election is decided by a tenth of 1% of votes cast it can not be considered a landslide. Not to mention that Obama got a majority of votes cast and Trump lost the popular vote by over 3 million. Trumps name will have a asterisk in the history books as the least popular President ever elected.

https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/results/president

Why go through pretzel like contortions to try to minimize what the facts really are. Trump won and he won big.
Will that battle cry 'Trumps win came from 80,000 votes in 3 blue states' ever end? The fact of the matter is that Clinton won
3 battleground states; Minnesota, Nevada & Nevada by less 75,000 votes.

And worse yet 'Trump lost the popular vote by over 3 million' It so happens that Clinton won California by 4,300,000 votes
while Trump had a plurality in the other 49 states by over one million five hundred thousand votes. I wouldn't be so vocal
about winning the popular vote based solely on California.

The California Democratic Party chose by an overwhelming margin not to endorse sitting Senator Dianne Feinstein, and gave the
majority of its endorsement votes to Kevin De Leon, President Pro Tem of the California Senate at its yearly convention in San Diego.

During a hearing before a Senate committee, this same Kevin De Leon said it's common knowledge that illegal aliens obtain
fraudulent documents to "survive" and find work in California. It sounds like a charge of criminal conspiracy if you openly talk about knowledge
of a crime, says William Gheen of ALIPAC.
"He's talking about them flagrantly as if he has no fear of law enforcement, and that's what needs to change in America.”

Also, De Leon told the committee that "half of my family would be eligible for deportation" under a Trump executive order, because they
have obtained false documents. He named Social Security cards, drivers' licenses, and immigration "green" cards as examples of false
identification. The lawmaker didn't back up from his stance either. He went on a radio show the following day and named a Los Angeles location
– McArthur Park – where the falsified documents can be purchased. Flagrant disregard for the laws of our country can't go ignored or
we do not have laws, only anarchy! Only in CA can a lawmaker be a lawbreaker and get away with it.

Furthermore, the chairman of the Committee on Elections, says the state
generally does an inadequate job of scrutinizing voter registration. How many of those with fake documents are voting in in this lax
atmosphere. Mrs. Clinton won California by an astonishing plurality of over 4 million votes, how many were fraudulent it's anyones guess
but realistically more than a million is certain.

Sources & Credits:
Kevin de León boosted by back-to-back union endorsements in Senate bid against Sen. Dianne Feinstein
State Senator: ‘Half My Family’ Eligible For Deportation Under Trump « CBS Los Angeles
https://onenewsnow.com/politics-govt...maker-can-help

Last edited:
https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/results/president

Why go through pretzel like contortions to try to minimize what the facts really are. Trump won and he won big.
Will that battle cry 'Trumps win came from 80,000 votes in 3 blue states' ever end? The fact of the matter is that Clinton won
3 battleground states; Minnesota, Nevada & Nevada by less 75,000 votes.

And worse yet 'Trump lost the popular vote by over 3 million' It so happens that Clinton won California by 4,300,000 votes
while Trump had a plurality in the other 49 states by over one million five hundred thousand votes. I wouldn't be so vocal
about winning the popular vote based solely on California.

The California Democratic Party chose by an overwhelming margin not to endorse sitting Senator Dianne Feinstein, and gave the
majority of its endorsement votes to Kevin De Leon, President Pro Tem of the California Senate at its yearly convention in San Diego.

During a hearing before a Senate committee, this same Kevin De Leon said it's common knowledge that illegal aliens obtain
fraudulent documents to "survive" and find work in California. It sounds like a charge of criminal conspiracy if you openly talk about knowledge
of a crime, says William Gheen of ALIPAC.
"He's talking about them flagrantly as if he has no fear of law enforcement, and that's what needs to change in America.”

Also, De Leon told the committee that "half of my family would be eligible for deportation" under a Trump executive order, because they
have obtained false documents. He named Social Security cards, drivers' licenses, and immigration "green" cards as examples of false
identification. The lawmaker didn't back up from his stance either. He went on a radio show the following day and named a Los Angeles location
– McArthur Park – where the falsified documents can be purchased. Flagrant disregard for the laws of our country can't go ignored or
we do not have laws, only anarchy! Only in CA can a lawmaker be a lawbreaker and get away with it.

Furthermore, the chairman of the Committee on Elections, says the state
generally does an inadequate job of scrutinizing voter registration. How many of those with fake documents are voting in in this lax
atmosphere. Mrs. Clinton won California by an astonishing plurality of over 4 million votes, how many were fraudulent it's anyones guess
but realistically more than a million is certain.

Sources & Credits:
Kevin de León boosted by back-to-back union endorsements in Senate bid against Sen. Dianne Feinstein
State Senator: ‘Half My Family’ Eligible For Deportation Under Trump « CBS Los Angeles
https://onenewsnow.com/politics-govt...maker-can-help

You are the one twisting yourself into pretzel and your comments about California are a total lie. There is no more evidence of "illegal voting" there than in any other State. No president in history has lost the popular vote by such a margin and no amount of twisting will change that. Trump got a lower % of votes than Romney. In contrast Obama received over 50% of the votes both time he ran.

Artboard_24_copy_2x_80.jpg

Last edited:
You are the one twisting yourself into pretzel and your comments about California are a total lie. There is no more evidence of "illegal voting" there than in any other State. No president in history has lost the popular vote by such a margin and no amount of twisting will change that. Trump got a lower % of votes than Romney. In contrast Obama received over 50% of the votes both time he ran.

Artboard_24_copy_2x_80.jpg

https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/results

trump 46.4% 62,984,825
clinton 48.5% 65,853,516

CNN is a far better source than Vox & Trump received 46.4% of the vote not 45.95 like your vox tally.

Now try to follow this it isn't that hard. Trump received 46.4% of the vote when in 2016 5.1% of the vote went to 3rd party candidates.
Romney received 47.15% of the vote when only 1.6% of the vote went to 3rd party candidates. If the 3rd party candidates weren't
involved Trump would have received a larger percentage of the main candidate vote than Romney.

To make it easier for you in 1992 Bill Clinton had an electoral landslide 370 electoral votes but only got 43% of the votes. In other words
you have to incorporate 3rd party nuisance into the equation to determine the real significance of the share of the vote. Get it.

Furthermore, California Gov. Jerry Brown signs bill allowing illegal immigrants to vote. Although it wasn't official in 2016 the state
did an inadequate job of scrutinizing voter registration & looked the other way.

California Gov. Jerry Brown signs bill allowing illegal immigrants to vote | Las Vegas Tribune

Last Saturday, California Governor Jerry Brown signed Assembly Bill 1461, the New Motor Voter Act, which will
automatically register people to vote through the DMV, and could result in illegal aliens voting.
Any person who renewed or secured a driver’s license through the DMV may now register to vote, or choose to opt
out of doing so. Because illegal immigrants are now eligible for obtaining driver’s licenses, they could be allowed to
vote in elections if the Secretary of State’s office fails to verify their eligibility properly.
Brown and the California Democratic party know exactly what they are doing; as a Public Policy Institute survey showed,
among unregistered adults, 49 percent lean toward the Democratic Party and 22 percent toward the Republican Party.
It's obvious that California elections will look like those of Mexico and other corrupt nations–and honest people will stop voting
since illegal aliens will out vote them.”

Obama started his presidency at 67% approval, but by this point in his administration (Mar 1 2010) he had dropped to 50 percent. He would go as low as 40% before climbing back up to the high 50's just before he left office.
Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama | Gallup Historical Data & Trends

Trump OTOH seems to operate in a much more narrow range. He started off very briefly at 45% approval which quickly dropped to about 40%, and he's bounced around between 35% and 40% ever since.

According to 538.com, Trump is actually doing better now than for most of last year. He's back above 40%.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

You're right.
It is stupid that Trump is tubby.
It is stupid that his approval rating is at 30%, the lowest in modern history.
It is really stupid that pudgy Trump is too stupid to recognize how bad he really is.
It is very stupid that his base (ilk) are too stupid to see what a moron Trump really is.

Why did you run away?

Obama started his presidency at 67% approval, but by this point in his administration (Mar 1 2010) he had dropped to 50 percent. He would go as low as 40% before climbing back up to the high 50's just before he left office.

Trump OTOH seems to operate in a much more narrow range. He started off very briefly at 45% approval which quickly dropped to about 40%, and he's bounced around between 35% and 40% ever since.

According to 538.com, Trump is actually doing better now than for most of last year. He's back above 40%.

Obama's ratings started rising near the end because, due to the incredible amount of obstruction, he just gave up trying. He benefited from not doing anything wrong by default.

Obama's ratings started rising near the end because, due to the incredible amount of obstruction, he just gave up trying. He benefited from not doing anything wrong by default.

No, that's not it. I don't think there's been a president who didn't see his approval ratings rise once he became a lame duck (with the possible exception of Nixon who was forced out before he had a chance to become a lame duck). Americans are rancorous and politicize pretty much everything, but we're also big-hearted and sentimental towards past leaders. It's one of our biggest strengths.

In that photo Trump looks like he should have something stuck in his mouth :lol:

Open wide for Muellers indictments!! Will that be his expression when Kushner is indicted? He needs to open wider.

Obama's First Retrospective Job Approval Rating Is at 63%. I guess that's the effect of buyer's remorse. Now that Trump is in office, we see how good we had it under Obama.

Individual polls are almost meaningless unless you can put them into context.

Mr. Trump's "Approval Rating" has been in the 39(+/-3.5)% range for all but the first week of his Presidency. 38% is within the 39(+/-3.5)% range.

so Trump was right. He is the best ................... at being the worst ...............

No.

Though I should have moderated it a bit, with an adjective like "probably" or "more than likely".

CNN's not perfect. But they're better than most, and probably the best on cable.

Rhetorically shooting messengers is what they do.
Facts and quotes have always had a liberal lean to them.

We have the message, and we have the presentation.
They have raising negatives, and lowering participation.

We have a long string of special election victories since 2016.
They have PA-18 staring them in the face, plus that new Pennsylvania map. It's still about the 142 remaps.

Coming in for a landing after the last two great days at school.
So very happy to be with people at school. Retirement is going much better these days. Took a while ...

Rhetorically shooting messengers is what they do.
Facts and quotes have always had a liberal lean to them.

We have the message, and we have the presentation.
They have raising negatives, and lowering participation.

We have a long string of special election victories since 2016.
They have PA-18 staring them in the face, plus that new Pennsylvania map. It's still about the 142 remaps.

Coming in for a landing after the last two great days at school.
So very happy to be with people at school. Retirement is going much better these days. Took a while ...
I'm really looking forward to PA-18. Tuesday.

I say it's a toss-up. But thats a Pittsburgh suburb, and Trump's tariffs and visit at the steel plant might move the needle a bit. We shall see ...

I'm really looking forward to PA-18. Tuesday.

I say it's a toss-up. But thats a Pittsburgh suburb, and Trump's tariffs and visit at the steel plant might move the needle a bit. We shall see ...

Always good to see you. Getting caught up on my foreign news source. Gorgeous sky--Tycho Brahe--Kepler--Newton--Physics--The Natural Science of the 1600s. Chilly--had a fire tonight outside--therapeutic.

Elections are certainly related to POTUS popularity; energized voters; be nice when we get back to spirited debate on positively dealing with the issues of our time. Be nice to have McCain/Finegold again.

It's NATURAL Science to have an ever increasing knowledge of everything, which leads to great things, but has its baggage. Our baggage has ADMINistration Overlap, dictators don't. All the difference in the World ...

Always good to see you. Getting caught up on my foreign news source. Gorgeous sky--Tycho Brahe--Kepler--Newton--Physics--The Natural Science of the 1600s. Chilly--had a fire tonight outside--therapeutic.

Elections are certainly related to POTUS popularity; energized voters; be nice when we get back to spirited debate on positively dealing with the issues of our time. Be nice to have McCain/Finegold again.

It's NATURAL Science to have an ever increasing knowledge of everything, which leads to great things, but has its baggage. Our baggage has ADMINistration Overlap, dictators don't. All the difference in the World ...
Tycho Brahe? :shock:

Kepler?

You're an astronomy buff, like me, eh?

I took an undergrad astronomy class as an elective, and loved it. Even though I found the actual telescopic observation periods less entertaining than the academic theory.

Tycho Brahe? :shock:

Kepler?

You're an astronomy buff, like me, eh?

I took an undergrad astronomy class as an elective, and loved it. Even though I found the actual telescopic observation periods less entertaining than the academic theory.
I never took any undergrad classes in astronomy, but I've taught myself professional astronomy over the years via advanced textbooks, and learning some of the mathematics involved.

Far more removed from the likes of Kepler, I read the works of Alan Guth and Steven Weinberg, and get familiar with new developments in particle physics and cosmology.

I never took any undergrad classes in astronomy, but I've taught myself professional astronomy over the years via advanced textbooks, and learning some of the mathematics involved.

Far more removed from the likes of Kepler, I read the works of Alan Guth and Steven Weinberg, and get familiar with new developments in particle physics and cosmology.
Well, I'm impressed! :thumbs:

I read basic popular books, not textbooks, before the class. The class was more practical astronomy basics, where my earlier interests had been primarily theoretical. I did enjoy the actual observations, but found them relatively boring compared to the theory & history.

It's a fascinating subject. And a reason why math is such an important skill. I forced my kids during H.S. to take the full math sequence through calculus. Because if you understand math, you can crack a textbook on a plethora of of subjects you've never seen before, and come to a quick understanding of the underlying relationships.

A one line, short, 3 or 4 element equation, can explain what would take paragraphs of prose.

Well, I'm impressed! :thumbs:

I read basic popular books, not textbooks, before the class. The class was more practical astronomy basics, where my earlier interests had been primarily theoretical. I did enjoy the actual observations, but found them relatively boring compared to the theory & history.

It's a fascinating subject. And a reason why math is such an important skill. I forced my kids during H.S. to take the full math sequence through calculus. Because if you understand math, you can crack a textbook on a plethora of of subjects you've never seen before, and come to a quick understanding of the underlying relationships.

A one line, short, 3 or 4 element equation, can explain what would take paragraphs of prose.
Two books that are popular level that I would recommend are Alan Guth - The Infaltionary Universe and Martin Reese - Just Six Numbers.

Oh, and read Carl Sagan - The Demon Haunted World, too.

You'll thank me later. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom