• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump VS The Media

No offense but im not interested in wasting my time on something as unproductive as trying to convince you that Trump isnt worthy of your scorn.

Im adressing the idea that if Trump were nicer to his critics they would not be as harshly critical of him. Thats just not true and I used Bush Jr as an example of it because he rarely retailiated and he has still cruicified by his opponets. If you care to discuss that, fine, but im not going to defend Trump from your hatefilled rhetoric.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

If the President cannot handle criticism, then he should resign. Real Presidents take criticism in stride and show up the critics by proving them wrong. Trump problem though is most of the criticism the media gives him is true. So Trump cries like a baby about it like a ****ing snowflake (along with his supporter) You guys kept asking for us to give Trump a chance, we did and look where we are now. Trump had his chance, its time to face the fact that Trump sucks at being President of this Republic.

If the President cannot handle criticism, then he should resign. Real Presidents take criticism in stride and show up the critics by proving them wrong. Trump problem though is most of the criticism the media gives him is true. So Trump cries like a baby about it like a ****ing snowflake (along with his supporter) You guys kept asking for us to give Trump a chance, we did and look where we are now. Trump had his chance, its time to face the fact that Trump sucks at being President of this Republic.
Its time for you all to face the fact that myself and those who voted like me won the last election and Trump is our president for the next 4yrs. This time around there was more of me than you that showed up at the polls. If you want to keep up your display of disgust with us so be it, but dont expect a free pass from us. Trump is just one of many who are not shy about pushing back against all the hate being directed our way. We will be moving our agenda forward over your surly objections. Thats just how it is.

Its time for you all to face the fact that myself and those who voted like me won the last election and Trump is our president for the next 4yrs. This time around there was more of me than you that showed up at the polls. If you want to keep up your display of disgust with us so be it, but dont expect a free pass from us. Trump is just one of many who are not shy about pushing back against all the hate being directed our way. We will be moving our agenda forward over your surly objections. Thats just how it is.

It is my liberty to criticize the President. I do not care how that makes you feel. I really do not give one **** what Trumps supporters think they are a small irrelevant shrinking lot. That eventually will pretend that they never supported Trump at all.

Just think about how much time Mueller has been working. Also think about all the screw ups Trump has made since he was elected. Yea Trump won and we all know the history from there.

Personally I think it was stupid for anyone to vote for Trump, and so far the facts agree. SO how much more of a chance are we supposed to give this idiot? Trump is still just as unqualified and an embarrassment as he was from the start.

It is my liberty to criticize the President. I do not care how that makes you feel. I really do not give one **** what Trumps supporters think they are a small irrelevant shrinking lot. That eventually will pretend that they never supported Trump at all.

Just think about how much time Mueller has been working. Also think about all the screw ups Trump has made since he was elected. Yea Trump won and we all know the history from there.

Personally I think it was stupid for anyone to vote for Trump, and so far the facts agree. SO how much more of a chance are we supposed to give this idiot? Trump is still just as unqualified and an embarrassment as he was from the start.
Your post comes across as desperate as a man going down for the third count crying "Mueller save us" with your last dying breath.

Your post comes across as desperate as a man going down for the third count crying "Mueller save us" with your last dying breath.

I am not surprised that a Trump supporter jumps to personal insults when faced with criticism of Trump and of his supporters. I am not insulted by your parroted attack, I found it to be predictable and shallow. Are you going to dig deep for a better personal attack now? Dont bother whatever you think of has been parroted before and I will just laugh at you for doing it.

Meanwhile Trump is getting what he deserves from the media since he was stupid enough to attack them and put them in the oval offices sites.

I am not surprised that a Trump supporter jumps to personal insults when faced with criticism of Trump and of his supporters. I am not insulted by your parroted attack, I found it to be predictable and shallow. Are you going to dig deep for a better personal attack now? Dont bother whatever you think of has been parroted before and I will just laugh at you for doing it.

Meanwhile Trump is getting what he deserves from the media since he was stupid enough to attack them and put them in the oval offices sites.
LMAO... My criticisms of you are insults and your insults of me are criticisms. what color is the sky in your world? It must be intense.

Kudos to Trump for his effort to emancipate us all from the left and for standing up to their media Gestapo.

Bad stories in the MSM mainstream media, the ones Trump spent bashing in his speeches and on twitter, are not a vast left wing conspiracy out to get him. If all of these media sources are concocting stories about Trump, in an effort to bring him down, he should realize that by voicing that concern, he is letting them win! The Deal-Maker is letting the media get to him, in the worst public way imaginable! I guess since because all the people in his audience are wearing Make America Great Again Hats, and his supporters love him, the country is really coming together and the media has it wrong huh???

It's actually much more easier to report to truth than to make up lies.

Trump himself caused most of these feuds. He started them off during the primaries, creating feuds with the media, FoxNews, Cruz, McCain, Rubio, Bushes, the GOP establishment, many, many more with his constant attacks and name calling. Trump created more feuds during the general and even more now that he is president, he even has feuds going on with the GOP congressional leadership.

The key here is Trump created almost all of these things himself to include a war with the media. In Phoenix Trump accused the media of dividing us. “If you wanted to discover the source of the division in our country, look no further than the fake news and the crooked media which would rather get ratings and clicks than tell the truth.” Forty-three percent (43%) agree, and 51% disagree.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ngly_divided_over_media_s_role_in_dividing_us

On the media treating Trump Fairly, 34% of all Americans say the media does treat Trump fairly, 47% think the media does not with the rest undecided. That is all Americans. Break it down by party and you can see the partisan effect. 60% of Democrats agree the media is giving Trump a fair shake, 25% disagree. Only 17% of Republicans agree with that, 75% disagree. Independents, 25% agree, 47% disagree.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/6q36eat3uv/econTabReport.pdf

With the perception among independents leaving the two major parties out of this that the media is treating Trump unfairly, there is the possibility that all the anti-Trump rhetoric and news could back fire. I'm not saying it will, but could. Much like the Democratic being seen as the anti Trump party and not standing for anything else except being anti-Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/page...uestion_18939.xml?uuid=TwsZhmnbEeeUq1sfD_RZ3w

All of this leads me to wonder if the public at large, independents in general can become immune to all the anti-Trump rhetoric and news put forth by the Democrats and the media. I don't know.

LMAO... My criticisms of you are insults and your insults of me are criticisms. what color is the sky in your world? It must be intense.

Kudos to Trump for his effort to emancipate us all from the left and for standing up to their media Gestapo.

What personal insults did I say to you? I didnt say any to you personally. What I did do was criticize the president and his supporters, not you personally.

At any rate it seems to be politically incorrect (to you) to do either. And seriously Trump is reaping what he sowed with the media. It was Donald 'crowd size' Trumps mouth that set the media off on him.

What personal insults did I say to you? I didnt say any to you personally. What I did do was criticize the president and his supporters, not you personally.

At any rate it seems to be politically incorrect (to you) to do either. And seriously Trump is reaping what he sowed with the media. It was Donald 'crowd size' Trumps mouth that set the media off on him.
You have repeatedly made broad generalizations insulting everyone who supports Trump, which I am one of. By extension you are personaly insulting me whether you realized it or not. Im generally a reasonable person thats willing to calmly talk about my differences with others but sometimes I get awnery and push back against the insults hurled my way. Last night you got a taste of it but if you would like to put it behind us and discuss our difference of opinion about Trump Im open to doing that. If not we should just end things here and stop esculating the negativity toward one another.

Moving on:

You say Trump is reaping what he sowed and to accept that you must also accept that so has the media. They have niether been kind (not that they are obligated to) nor honest (which they are obligated to do) in thier portrayal of him. They could probably squeak by with being unkind to him if they were more truthful in thier approach but as it stands they provide Trump with a baked in excuse to their every criticism of him. People are not stupid and his critics are not the least bit subtle. Its so blatantly obvious that the resent,ent they have for Trump has taken over any ssemblence of objectivity. People like myself are rejecting that tactic. Trump has won and he will judged on the merits of his accomplishments and failures. Blocking him from doing anything prevents people from judging him for his results. The media has turned his presidency into a big pissing match and I suspect Trump will end up winning it. 2018 elections will be a good tempature gauge and 2020 will be the real test.

Trump has won and he will judged on the merits of his accomplishments and failures. Blocking him from doing anything prevents people from judging him for his results. The media has turned his presidency into a big pissing match and I suspect Trump will end up winning it. 2018 elections will be a good tempature gauge and 2020 will be the real test.

How is the media "blocking" Trump from doing anything? If anything it has been Trump that has been trying to block the media.

Hard core Trump supporters will never admit that they were wrong, never. When Trump doesn't "drain the swamp," replace Obamacare with something better, get Mexico to pay for the wall, and cut taxes for the middle class while balancing the budget, they'll maintain that his failures are the fault of Democrats, liberals, and the Obama Administration.

How is the media "blocking" Trump from doing anything? If anything it has been Trump that has been trying to block the media.
The media has put forth a very robust effort to keep public opinion against him and have done the same to any politican who has shown public support of the potus. They are trying their best to make in politically unsavory to support Trump. They portray their opinions as facts AKA Fake News and they play fast and loose with the truth.

The media has put forth a very robust effort to keep public opinion against him and have done the same to any politican who has shown public support of the potus. They are trying their best to make in politically unsavory to support Trump. They portray their opinions as facts AKA Fake News and they play fast and loose with the truth.

and they keep repeating Trump's words instead of his supporters' interpretation of what he meant to say. How unfair.

I've noticed an interesting cycle:

1) Trump says something incredibly stupid or offensive
2) The media reports what he said
3) Everybody freaks the **** out
4) Fox News says what he should've said
5) A day later Trump parrots what Fox News said and contradicts his previous self

The end result:

Trump supporters: THE GOD DAMN MEDIA IS CONSPIRING AGAINST TRUMP BECAUSE THEY'RE LEFTISTS
Everyone else: Is it possible the origin of this daily or weekly **** storm is Trump himself? Be a ****ing adult, Donald.
Ya might want to include in your 'cycle' the number of times ****jheads in the media just fabriate stupid **** for the sake of fabricating stupid ****...like yesterday when people were stupid enough to make comments about Melania Trumps footwear she wore to board AF1 or in the midst of a speech honoring the victims and attendees at the event he mentioned the crowd size...a mention which caused the crowd to cheer their approval, to which CNN **** themselves again over that one comment while ignoring the support he received or the job the fed has done so far.

I mean...if you cant be objective in your critique, dont you kind of paint yourself as fake as the idiot media?

No, what they do is report on what Trump actually says and does. Sorry but when Trump tweets his tantrums, no one is forcing him to do that. Or are you going to blame the media for Trump actually tweeting?

You have repeatedly made broad generalizations insulting everyone who supports Trump, which I am one of. By extension you are personaly insulting me whether you realized it or not. Im generally a reasonable person thats willing to calmly talk about my differences with others but sometimes I get awnery and push back against the insults hurled my way. Last night you got a taste of it but if you would like to put it behind us and discuss our difference of opinion about Trump Im open to doing that. If not we should just end things here and stop esculating the negativity toward one another.
I am not at all sorry that my opinions offend you. Hypocritically you treat the left (of which I am not) worse then I have treated Trump supporters. Time after time you have insulted the left without one care about the individuals on this site that identify with the left (of which I still do not). Perhaps you could practice what you preach?

Moving on:

You say Trump is reaping what he sowed and to accept that you must also accept that so has the media. They have niether been kind (not that they are obligated to) nor honest (which they are obligated to do) in thier portrayal of him. They could probably squeak by with being unkind to him if they were more truthful in thier approach but as it stands they provide Trump with a baked in excuse to their every criticism of him. People are not stupid and his critics are not the least bit subtle. Its so blatantly obvious that the resent,ent they have for Trump has taken over any ssemblence of objectivity. People like myself are rejecting that tactic. Trump has won and he will judged on the merits of his accomplishments and failures. Blocking him from doing anything prevents people from judging him for his results. The media has turned his presidency into a big pissing match and I suspect Trump will end up winning it. 2018 elections will be a good tempature gauge and 2020 will be the real test.

It would be incredibly naive to accept most of what the media says as the truth. Personally I do not care how brutal the media is with trump, he is supposed to be an adult not some crybaby. I also do not buy into the entire liberal media conspiracy theories that Trump and his supporters and the far right espouse all the time.

What I am saying is that Trump kicked the nest and now he is being stung. Trump took it upon himself to exploit the media to gain support of a targeted audience. And Trump supporters fail all over themselves taking the bait. This emboldened Trump to attack the media. The problem was that it became lucrative for the media to attack Trump. This because more people did not vote for Trump than did. That is a big target money making audience for the media. So Trump exploited the media for personal gain and now the media is exploiting Trump for financial gain. And also because it would be unethical of the media to not report on the President. WHile yes there are some bogus stories which is par for course with the medias; a lot of stories are not bogus. Some of those stories have caused Trump to adjust his position on certain subjects. That means in those cases the media were doing their job.

Hard core Trump supporters will never admit that they were wrong, never. When Trump doesn't "drain the swamp," replace Obamacare with something better, get Mexico to pay for the wall, and cut taxes for the middle class while balancing the budget, they'll maintain that his failures are the fault of Democrats, liberals, and the Obama Administration.

Personality cults are like that.

and they keep repeating Trump's words instead of his supporters' interpretation of what he meant to say. How unfair.
Oh really, Then it should be easy for you to provide me his quote where he supports Nazis like the news says.

No, what they do is report on what Trump actually says and does. Sorry but when Trump tweets his tantrums, no one is forcing him to do that. Or are you going to blame the media for Trump actually tweeting?
Nope I blame them for how they misscharacterize what he says and in many instances reporting him as saying things he didnt say. They own the title of fake news

Oh really, Then it should be easy for you to provide me his quote where he supports Nazis like the news says.

Well, those groups do include some "very fine people."

Nope I blame them for how they misscharacterize what he says and in many instances reporting him as saying things he didnt say. They own the title of fake news

No, they report what he tweets and then trump goes "Oh wait, just kidding" when it turns out it is stupid beyond belief.

I am not at all sorry that my opinions offend you. Hypocritically you treat the left (of which I am not) worse then I have treated Trump supporters. Time after time you have insulted the left without one care about the individuals on this site that identify with the left (of which I still do not). Perhaps you could practice what you preach?

It would be incredibly naive to accept most of what the media says as the truth. Personally I do not care how brutal the media is with trump, he is supposed to be an adult not some crybaby. I also do not buy into the entire liberal media conspiracy theories that Trump and his supporters and the far right espouse all the time.

What I am saying is that Trump kicked the nest and now he is being stung. Trump took it upon himself to exploit the media to gain support of a targeted audience. And Trump supporters fail all over themselves taking the bait. This emboldened Trump to attack the media. The problem was that it became lucrative for the media to attack Trump. This because more people did not vote for Trump than did. That is a big target money making audience for the media. So Trump exploited the media for personal gain and now the media is exploiting Trump for financial gain. And also because it would be unethical of the media to not report on the President. WHile yes there are some bogus stories which is par for course with the medias; a lot of stories are not bogus. Some of those stories have caused Trump to adjust his position on certain subjects. That means in those cases the media were doing their job.
I dont care how brutal they are on Trump nor do I care how brutal he is on them. Its a two way street. If I had to choose between trump and the media of which is the most honest it would be trump but that does not mean I accept everything he says at face value either. The media is less credable than Trump and they have nobody to blame except themselves.

No, they report what he tweets and then trump goes "Oh wait, just kidding" when it turns out it is stupid beyond belief.
I cant think of any specific instance off the top of my head but he has evolved his position a few times but he has never done what your claiming. Feel free to provide evidence proving me wrong.

I dont care how brutal they are on Trump nor do I care how brutal he is on them. Its a two way street. If I had to choose between trump and the media of which is the most honest it would be trump but that does not mean I accept everything he says at face value either. The media is less credable than Trump and they have nobody to blame except themselves.

So dont watch/read the media, problem solved. I cant help to be reminded of every authoritarian who has attacked the media. They all seem to assert that the media is working for the regimes opposition. Just like Trump.

Back
Top Bottom