• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump VS The Media

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Bad stories in the MSM mainstream media, the ones Trump spent bashing in his speeches and on twitter, are not a vast left wing conspiracy out to get him. If all of these media sources are concocting stories about Trump, in an effort to bring him down, he should realize that by voicing that concern, he is letting them win! The Deal-Maker is letting the media get to him, in the worst public way imaginable! I guess since because all the people in his audience are wearing Make America Great Again Hats, and his supporters love him, the country is really coming together and the media has it wrong huh???

It's actually much more easier to report to truth than to make up lies.

Last edited:
I've noticed an interesting cycle:

1) Trump says something incredibly stupid or offensive
2) The media reports what he said
3) Everybody freaks the **** out
4) Fox News says what he should've said
5) A day later Trump parrots what Fox News said and contradicts his previous self

The end result:

Trump supporters: THE GOD DAMN MEDIA IS CONSPIRING AGAINST TRUMP BECAUSE THEY'RE LEFTISTS
Everyone else: Is it possible the origin of this daily or weekly **** storm is Trump himself? Be a ****ing adult, Donald.

5) A day later Trump parrots what Fox News said and contradicts his previous self

The end result:

Trump supporters: THE GOD DAMN MEDIA IS CONSPIRING AGAINST TRUMP BECAUSE THEY'RE LEFTISTS
Everyone else: Is it possible the origin of this daily or weekly **** storm is Trump himself? Be a ****ing adult, Donald.
He doesn't know how. He has never been one.

The end result:

Exactly right, and then when the media reports what he actually said/did, it's dubbed "fake news" by the Trumpeteers.

It doesn't seem to me that picking a fight with the media is a great strategy for garnering support, but maybe that's just my perception.

Donald Trump's own mouth gets him in trouble, then he blames the Media for reporting his screwup ...

He should step aside and let the Adults Govern.

Bad stories in the MSM mainstream media, the ones Trump spent bashing in his speeches and on twitter, are not a vast left wing conspiracy out to get him. If all of these media sources are concocting stories about Trump, in an effort to bring him down, he should realize that by voicing that concern, he is letting them win! The Deal-Maker is letting the media get to him, in the worst public way imaginable! I guess since because all the people in his audience are wearing Make America Great Again Hats, and his supporters love him, the country is really coming together and the media has it wrong huh???

Yeah that tactic worked out so well for Bush jr. The media was so kind to him

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Yeah that tactic worked out so well for Bush jr. The media was so kind to him

and is it working for Trump? No. He doesn't have the support of congress, holds a miserable 38% support and 60% disapproval rating and is considered a joke to the world and an embarrassment for most Americans. He can't get even the simplest of legislation passed because he is too focused with insulting everyone and refusing to work with the majority of the government. He is a man-child in chief throwing tantrums like a 4 year old.

and is it working for Trump? No. He doesn't have the support of congress, holds a miserable 38% support and 60% disapproval rating and is considered a joke to the world and an embarrassment for most Americans. He can't get even the simplest of legislation passed because he is too focused with insulting everyone and refusing to work with the majority of the government. He is a man-child in chief throwing tantrums like a 4 year old.
Do you feel better now that you found a way to insert your daily character assanation branding of him?

Do you feel better now that you found a way to insert your daily character assanation branding of him?

Point to where I am incorrect.

Point to where I am incorrect.
No offense but im not interested in wasting my time on something as unproductive as trying to convince you that Trump isnt worthy of your scorn.

Im adressing the idea that if Trump were nicer to his critics they would not be as harshly critical of him. Thats just not true and I used Bush Jr as an example of it because he rarely retailiated and he has still cruicified by his opponets. If you care to discuss that, fine, but im not going to defend Trump from your hatefilled rhetoric.

How many MSM outlets gave him credit for anything good?

Trump bashes all who fails to tell the alternative facts=lies.
Trump bashes all those who can not put forth his confusing agends= Mitch Mc Connell.

Please accept that he is not well.

The media shouldn't be in the business of stroking a President's ego.

That's only true here in what we like to think of as the "real world."

In the parallel universe that is Trumpistan, that's the main purpose of the media. Anything else is fake news.

Nor should they be in the buisiness of character assassination. Their role is not to judge but to report without bias or as little as possible.

Nor should they be in the buisiness of character assassination. Their role is not to judge but to report without bias or as little as possible.

Newspapers have been biased since the time William Randolph Hearst published his first newspaper

Newspapers have been biased since the time William Randolph Hearst published his first newspaper
Im not sure I understand your point? Are you saying that makes what theyve been doing OK?

I covered politics for newspaper, radio and later TV.

What I have learned is that jousting with the news media is a lost cause. Who believes Trump now are those he referred to when he said "I could shoot somebody on Broadway and still be elected president.'

With Trump and the way he goes about it, it will tire in time. The existence of two competing tactics can't last long as he throws out sweeping generalizations but then turns around a grants interviews and deliberately "leaks" his own stuff to get coverage.

In time, in a sane country, people come to see the falsehood of blaming EVERYTHING on the media. We already know he's thin skinned, dishonest and cannot be relied on in word or deed.

I have enough faith left in the American people that this cosmic comedy will come to an end, and the people can get back to the nation's business instead of Trump's latest tiff.

I am arguing that that media has always had a bias, but people never noticed
Well we would have to go back farther than Hearst to say always but your point is understood. Working from the idea that media has always been bias, isnt it fair for Trump to call them fake then, at least the bias part of it. The bias itself is a matter of perspective and is really nothing more than the authors subjective opinion.

Name five things he's done that are "good"?

Banning Muslims....racist
Pardons for racist sadists...no problem

Where the **** does it start? The good stuff? So far this has been all about Trump re-running the election, using every speaking engagement to attack Clinton, and bolstering his own ego, trying to get support from ****ing boyscouts on his personal problems.

Let's see the list the MSM "ignored".

Wait, I'll settle for three

Well we would have to go back farther than Hurst to say always but your point is understood. Working from the idea that media has always been bias, isnt it fair for Trump to call them fake then, at least the bias part of it. The bias itself is a matter of perspective and is really nothing more than the authors subjective opinion.

If the media was always biased, why is it becoming a issue now?

I am arguing that that media has always had a bias, but people never noticed

Anyone who has been aware of the world around them noticed. Of course, the media has always had a slant one way or another, and still does.

Which doesn't mean that everything that the POTUS disagrees with is "fake news."

If the media was always biased, why is it becoming a issue now?
I cant speak for the past but the current climate has gone from a subtle degree of bias (which is unavoidable to some extent) into a blatant distortion of facts that reach the level of qualifying as dishonest propaganda.

All those newsworthy items are ignored by the 'news' media in favor of finding something, hell, anything, with which to bash Trump with. ****, they'll make up stuff if they can't find something to bash him with. (Have we already forgotten the Russia! Russia! Russia! Hyperventilating in the 'news' media already?)

True, but shouldn't the news media be in the business of factual reporting news worthy events as well? One has to ask, why are they not reporting those newsworthy events that don't suit they political agenda or narrative?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom