• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump VS The Media

All those newsworthy items are ignored by the 'news' media in favor of finding something, hell, anything, with which to bash Trump with. ****, they'll make up stuff if they can't find something to bash him with.

True, but shouldn't the news media be in the business of factual reporting news worthy events as well? One has to ask, why are they not reporting those newsworthy events that don't suit they political agenda or narrative?

What newsworthy events are you talking about? I watched the news closely this weekend about Texas and they did a good job balancing the hurricane news with the news coming out of the WH about the pardon and the resignations. Is there something specific that you think they are missing? Or do you just want them to be pro-trump all the time?

What newsworthy events are you talking about? I watched the news closely this weekend about Texas and they did a good job balancing the hurricane news with the news coming out of the WH about the pardon and the resignations. Is there something specific that you think they are missing? Or do you just want them to be pro-trump all the time?

"just want them to be pro-trump all the time?"

No, not at all. I wish them to be reporting facts instead of their opinions, their political agenda, and their narrative.

Take Chris Wallace, for example. A tough, but fair, interviewer to anyone he interviews. You have no idea his political leanings, as it most appropriate for a journalist. I really don't care whom he votes for, but his interviews are fair, and focused on getting facts from his interviewees. That's what I would call is good journalism. Is he perfect? No. But at least he's impartial, and that's probably more important.

You don't believe that the Trump administration has had accomplishments?

HERE IT IS=> Complete List of President Trump’s Major Accomplishments in His First Six Months #MAGA

The only reason I can imagine that you don't believe that the Trump administration has had accomplishments is that it's never been reported in the media in any real sense, or fair, sense.

"just want them to be pro-trump all the time?"

No, not at all. I wish them to be reporting facts instead of their opinions, their political agenda, and their narrative.

Take Chris Wallace, for example. A tough, but fair, interviewer to anyone he interviews. You have no idea his political leanings, as it most appropriate for a journalist. I really don't care whom he votes for, but his interviews are fair, and focused on getting facts from his interviewees. That's what I would call is good journalism. Is he perfect? No. But at least he's impartial, and that's probably more important.

You don't believe that the Trump administration has had accomplishments?

HERE IT IS=> Complete List of President Trump’s Major Accomplishments in His First Six Months #MAGA

The only reason I can imagine that you don't believe that the Trump administration has had accomplishments is that it's never been reported in the media in any real sense, or fair, sense.

You were talking about newsworthy events not accomplishments. I said nothing about accomplishments or whether or not I thought he had any. You just proved that you want the media to be pro-trump all the time.

You were talking about newsworthy events not accomplishments. I said nothing about accomplishments or whether or not I thought he had any. You just proved that you want the media to be pro-trump all the time.

"You just proved that you want the media to be pro-trump all the time."
Most certainly not.

Are not an administration's accomplishments newsworthy?
Certainly seemed to be so in the past administration and the ones before that one.

There are any number of legitimate things of which to criticize the Trump administration for. Russia! Russia! Russia! and Nazi! Nazi! Nazi! aren't one of them.

It would be perfectly legitimate to criticize Trump when he Tweets and shoots his own administration in the feet under cutting their messaging, actions or decisions, for example, and there are a number more. That's all fair game, and should rightly be criticized.

Russia! Russia! Russia! and Nazi! Nazi! Nazi! Is just a load of distracting bull**** the 'news' media is pushing to further their political agenda and their narrative.

"You just proved that you want the media to be pro-trump all the time."
Most certainly not.

Are not an administration's accomplishments newsworthy?
Certainly seemed to be so in the past administration and the ones before that one.

What "accomplishments" do you think the media missed? Accomplishments are also an opinion, so to say they should report on accomplishments but also facts is actually what they are doing...

What "accomplishments" do you think the media missed? Accomplishments are also an opinion, so to say they should report on accomplishments but also facts is actually what they are doing...

Gave you a link for Christ's sake. You are able to use Google, yes?

No, Accomplishments are not opinions, they are accomplishments. Dude. Come on!

Gave you a link for Christ's sake. You are able to use Google, yes?

No, Accomplishments are not opinions, they are accomplishments. Dude. Come on!

You said you don't think the media is reporting accomplishments, so which of those accomplishments do you think the media isn't reporting?
That list is heavily biased and opinionated, imo.

You said you don't think the media is reporting accomplishments, so which of those accomplishments do you think the media isn't reporting?
That list is heavily biased and opinionated, imo.

Either the thing was accomplished, or it was not accomplished. That is a yes or no question that is very much separate from opinion.

You can not agree with any of those accomplishments, but the fact stands that they were accomplished. Why is that simple concept eluding you?

Either the thing was accomplished, or it was not accomplished. That is a yes or no question that is very much separate from opinion.

You can not agree with any of those accomplishments, but the fact stands that they were accomplished. Why is that simple concept eluding you?

What accomplishments do you think the media hasn't reported? Why don't you answer specifically?

What accomplishments do you think the media hasn't reported? Why don't you answer specifically?

From my view the 'news' media hasn't reported, at least not in a positive light, a single thing that Trump's administration has in fact accomplished.

My conclusion is that the 'news' media is far too busy on their 'destroy Trump at all costs by any means' mission in life to bother with anything that could be positive.

Who flogged on the Russia! Russia! Russia! meme until it collapsed?
Who flogged on the Nazi! Nazi! Nazi! meme, and continues to do so now? (perhaps to be displaced by Harvey the Hurricane?)

Which meme will the 'destroy Trump 'news' media' come up with next? I wait with baited breath.

From my view the 'news' media hasn't reported, at least not in a positive light, a single thing that Trump's administration has in fact accomplished.

My conclusion is that the 'news' media is far too busy on their 'destroy Trump at all costs by any means' mission in life to bother with anything that could be positive.

Who flogged on the Russia! Russia! Russia! meme until it collapsed?
Who flogged on the Nazi! Nazi! Nazi! meme, and continues to do so now? (perhaps to be displaced by Harvey the Hurricane?)

Which meme will the 'destroy Trump 'news' media' come up with next? I wait with baited breath.

Yes, I get you don't like news that shows Trump in a negative light, but can you list on your own from the top of your head the accomplishments Trump has done that the news media did not reported on? I know for a fact that even before you answer, there will be some topics on whatever topics you come up with that will not be Trump's accomplishments even though you give it to him easily.

Obviously, it's going to be easy for you to list some off the top of your head, since they are glaringly obvious right? Surely, you don't need right wing media sources telling you what you want to hear.

Or maybe it's the fact that Trump has done very little and the good he does do gets outweighed by the bad and the tweeting and the craziness. It just can't be that huh?

Yes, I get you don't like news that shows Trump in a negative light, but can you list on your own from the top of your head the accomplishments Trump has done that the news media did not reported on? I know for a fact that even before you answer, there will be some topics on whatever topics you come up with that will not be Trump's accomplishments even though you give it to him easily.

You assume far too much. There are legitimate instances when Trump ought to be criticized, I've never said that there were things over which he shouldn't be, just as there are instances where he should be praised, but never is, and never will be by this 'news' media or media in general. That, in and of itself, is already stilted and dishonest of the 'news' media. They are not longer reporting facts, they are reporting only the facts they want, ones that agree with their political agenda, their narrative. This is no longer 'news', it's political propaganda dressed up and presented as news, which is inherently dangerous to the nation.

Obviously, it's going to be easy for you to list some off the top of your head, since they are glaringly obvious right? Surely, you don't need right wing media sources telling you what you want to hear.

Anything that doesn't agree with you is discounted as a 'right wing media source'?

Or maybe it's the fact that Trump has done very little and the good he does do gets outweighed by the bad and the tweeting and the craziness. It just can't be that huh?

Anything that doesn't agree with you is discounted as a 'right wing media source'?

No I just like people who can think for themselves.
I see you still haven't done cross analysis of all the times when the media didn't report on a Trump accomplishment. The source you linked to is bias in its assumption that the media didn't report those things. It's also a matter of opinion for some of those things that Trump gets the credit for them. So which ones would you like to discuss?

No I just like people who can think for themselves.
I see you still haven't done cross analysis of all the times when the media didn't report on a Trump accomplishment. The source you linked to is bias in its assumption that the media didn't report those things. It's also a matter of opinion for some of those things that Trump gets the credit for them. So which ones would you like to discuss?

Going back to first post that started down this path.

How many MSM outlets gave him credit for anything good?

My contention that this this true assessment here. Which MSM outlet has given Trump any credit for anything good? The answer, obviously, is none.

Seems your contention, based on your posts, if that Trump hasn't done anything good, nor accomplished anything, already proven false. Logically and statistically it doesn't make sense either, from the stand point that any nation's leader does only bad things, and accomplishes nothing.

This line of discussion isn't about any one individual good thing or accomplishment of Trump's, it's more so that the 'news' media is biased to the left, if not hard left, and this does follow the thread's topic, "Trump VS The Media".

My contention that this this true assessment here. Which MSM outlet has given Trump any credit for anything good? The answer, obviously, is none.

You started this conversation by saying that the media has ignored his accomplishments. Which topics do you think they have failed to analyze and give credit to Trump for? You haven't named one thing we can debate, you just keep yelling, "Media is leftist blah, blah, blah," without actually defining what it is you are actually talking about. So I hope you have topics in mind to discuss, otherwise you are just ranting with no evidence to back up what you are ranting about.

You started this conversation by saying that the media has ignored his accomplishments. Which topics do you think they have failed to analyze and give credit to Trump for? You haven't named one thing we can debate, you just keep yelling, "Media is leftist blah, blah, blah," without actually defining what it is you are actually talking about. So I hope you have topics in mind to discuss, otherwise you are just ranting with no evidence to back up what you are ranting about.

I put it to you. Have you heard one kind word from the 'news' media towards president Trump? 'cause I haven't.

Now why would I want to entertain a point by point debate of Trump's accomplishments with you when you clearly of the same mind as the 'news' media?

It'd be a colossal waste of time, 'cause any legitimate evidence I would propose would be discarded as 'right wing rhetoric' by you, so what's the point of that?

Needless to say, yes, the media has already demonstrated their bias, and yes, the media takes it as their mission to attack, destroy, marginalize Trump and his administration at every possible turn, inventing **** if they don't have anything else. All this has already been clearly demonstrated by their behavior since election night. It's beyond question of anyone sane and paying attention.

I put it to you. Have you heard one kind word from the 'news' media towards president Trump? 'cause I haven't.

Now why would I want to entertain a point by point debate of Trump's accomplishments with you when you clearly of the same mind as the 'news' media?

It'd be a colossal waste of time, 'cause any legitimate evidence I would propose would be discarded as 'right wing rhetoric' by you, so what's the point of that?

Needless to say, yes, the media has already demonstrated their bias, and yes, the media takes it as their mission to attack, destroy, marginalize Trump and his administration at every possible turn, inventing **** if they don't have anything else. All this has already been clearly demonstrated by their behavior since election night. It's beyond question of anyone sane and paying attention.

So you can't name anything and you don't even want to attempt to try. OK Have fun ranting.

So you can't name anything and you don't even want to attempt to try. OK Have fun ranting.

I'm not going to be drawn into a 'debate' where you just dismiss everything out of hand, as you've done in a number other threads.

Go have your fun at someone else's expense.

and the fake liberal news media haven't had anything good to say about Hurricane Harvey either. Look at all of the nice fresh water it gave us! Why don't the fake liberal news media report on that? Clearly, they're biased against hurricanes as well.

and the fake liberal news media haven't had anything good to say about Hurricane Harvey either. Look at all of the nice fresh water it gave us! Why don't the fake liberal news media report on that? Clearly, they're biased against hurricanes as well.

Not really an apples to apples comparison, wouldn't you say?

I wouldn't say that, but I'm sure you would.

Disaster Harvey, disaster Donald, neither one has been well treated in the media.
While I would give The Donald only 5 or 6 out of 10, I wouldn't call him a disaster either. Seems we different there as well.

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk

While I would give The Donald only 5 or 6 out of 10, I wouldn't call him a disaster either. Seems we different there as well.

I think that's mainly where we differ. How anyone could possibly support Trump after all of the things he has said is beyond my comprehension. He's not really a Republican, nor a conservative, he's a fraud and a conman who has taken in a large (but shrinking) portion of the American electorate.

I think that's mainly where we differ. How anyone could possibly support Trump after all of the things he has said is beyond my comprehension. He's not really a Republican, nor a conservative, he's a fraud and a conman who has taken in a large (but shrinking) portion of the American electorate.
Many have observed that neither party elites are doing anything for the electorate besides paddling their own pockets and a death grip on their political power. Elected a prez that's a neither party?

Many have observed that neither party elites are doing anything for the electorate besides paddling their own pockets and a death grip on their political power. Elected a prez that's a neither party?

Electing a president who isn't in the pockets of the power elite would be a good idea, if difficult to carry out. Electing a president who is a total fraud isn't going to help anyone.

Back
Top Bottom