• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Tweets he took a pass at Time Magazine Cover

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Yes this is the same man who loves media coverage. Who begs Time Magazine to make him man of the year, and the same guy who puts up fake magazine covers all over his Trump properties.

Trump tweets he 'took a pass' at being named TIME's person of the year - CNNPolitics

Now before you Trumpsters start claiming media bias. Here's the tweet in full:
Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named “Man (Person) of the Year,” like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!

I bow down to your superior trolling skills Mr. President. This is next level trolling.

I see Time Magazine denies the accuracy of Trump's claim. So surprising,,, sad.

CNN trudging the bottom of the barrel again, so much for getting word out about actual issues I guess.

It was an official statement by the president. And as it turns out, it was a pathetic lie.

Though he may of actually talked too someone who was, or either posed as a representative for the magazine, we don't really have a way on knowing. Not to mention with the way they have been running their articles at this point. I would not put it past them to outright lie to us, like people expect of Trump.

This still doesn't change the fact that CNN is still busy doing their sad "**** Trump" shuffle across the news room floor. Forgoing actual journalism to push through their own transparent narrative.

What's pathetic is that people still buy into this BS on such a grand level.

Though he may of actually talked too someone who was, or either posed as a representative for the magazine, we don't really have a way on knowing. Not to mention with the way they have been running their articles at this point. I would not put it past them to outright lie to us, like people expect of Trump.

This still doesn't change the fact that CNN is still busy doing their sad "**** Trump" shuffle across the news room floor. Forgoing actual journalism to push through their own transparent narrative.

I'm laughing at the image of a CNN employee (or any news) sitting with a phone, just waiting to see a tweet from Trump. Then jumping up with joy at the prospect that they can once again 'get him' :roll:

I want that job. said no one. ever.

I'm laughing at the image of a CNN employee (or any news) sitting with a phone, just waiting to see a tweet from Trump. Then jumping up with joy at the prospect that they can once again 'get him' :roll:

I want that job. said no one. ever.

I wonder if that job would be subject to liberal, affirmative action?

Of course you believe Trump over the network that Trump told you to hate. Lets wait and see if Trump sues Time magazine. This is actually between Time and Trump CNN doesnt even really come into the picture. I doubt that trump would actually try anything legal with Time on this issue since its pretty obvious that Time could just show their policy. And Trump probably could not come up with a phone record backing his claim.

Of course you believe Trump over the network that Trump told you to hate. Lets wait and see if Trump sues Time magazine. This is actually between Time and Trump CNN doesnt even really come into the picture. I doubt that trump would actually try anything legal with Time on this issue since its pretty obvious that Time could just show their policy. And Trump probably could not come up with a phone record backing his claim.

Trump didn't tell me to hate them, their actions did that for him.

I could care less whether or not that this is a real issue. This story is still just them trudging the bottom because they apparently can't be expected to do actual journalist things.

This is "Breaking News" on CNN! The most trusted name in the news game. **Fake News** :lamo

please let the to be named person be Mueller

This is "Breaking News" on CNN! The most trusted name in the news game. **Fake News** :lamo

Apparently Trump is winning this war, because for the time being he is living rent free in their heads.. and they just keep up with the room service.

...I wonder if he gets a good wifi connection there?

Yes this is the same man who loves media coverage. Who begs Time Magazine to make him man of the year, and the same guy who puts up fake magazine covers all over his Trump properties.

Trump tweets he 'took a pass' at being named TIME's person of the year - CNNPolitics

I bow down to your superior trolling skills Mr. President. This is next level trolling.

Meh, Time has never had the same "Person of the Year" two years in a row.

Doubt they will start this year.

I was unaware that he tweeted this AND that TIME is still a thing.

I would guess that more people will read this tweet than will read that rag.

It's amusing the the guy from TIME responded with a tweet rather than with an editorial in the rag. Speaks volumes.

No need to sue.

They are messing with the bull.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/23/...buy-time-warner-for-more-than-80-billion.html

It was an official statement by the president. And as it turns out, it was a pathetic lie.

A lie from the WH? Its buisness as usual. Now, if Time was looking for asshat of the year, Don jr for sure !! What a moron!! Apple does not far from the tree!!

He posts up fake magazine covers all over his properties?

Perhaps someone else can explain. ;)

Well, since "dork" doesn't appear in this thread, the OP's article or the one I linked to, I dare say someone will need to.

Well, since "dork" doesn't appear in this thread, the OP's article or the one I linked to, I dare say someone will need to.

Okay. Perhaps it was too obtuse. It was my way of calling him a dork without calling him a dork.

Back
Top Bottom