• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says the U.S. will cut ties with World Health Organization

Trump: Withdrawing from WHO because they were too accommodating to the Chinese in covering up the spread of the virus
Trump: Supporting republican politicians who cover up the spread of the virus

There goes their lavish travel and 5 star hotel stays on our dime. They need to get another sucker country who needs statistics

That is, unless you can tell me what else this needless group does for AMERICA!

There goes their lavish travel and 5 star hotel stays on our dime. They need to get another sucker country who needs statistics

Abdicating Hong Kong and WHO to China in one week. Now that is MAGA!

Amirite?

WHO just said that healthy people dont need to wear masks. Sounds like they agree with the evil right wingers so I suspect you will soon be coming out against the WHO.

Why not finish the statement? The last part advises healthy people to stay home, not flock unprotected to drinking parties. Right wingers who spurn masks aren't evil, by the way. Rather, they're stupid, like sheep that can't be expected to protect themselves from unseen danger either..

lmao okay man why don't you just go relegate yourself to the conspiracy theory forum because that's all you post about

Abdicating Hong Kong and WHO to China in one week. Now that is MAGA!

Amirite?

ummm WHO was already owned by China. He just stopped giving them taxpayer money. That made a big dent in the deficit

Whether or not WHO is a pawn of China or just another useless international body, the truth is that the WHO runs in the most efficient way they can possibly do. We have to remember that there are over 200 nations all across the globe with different political systems and organizations. What the WHO can do is to coordinate with those existing political entities and from there, figure out the best solution from the given crisis. We have to remember that the WHO is, yet again, a specialized agency under the UN, so it only recognizes the sovereignty of nations that are under the UN charter. We also have to keep in mind that not all nations are transparent in their data as well, and all the WHO can do is to work based on the data that was given by those nations. They have no right to force other nations to be more transparent or bring about political changes. WHO monitors and coordinates with health organizations across the globe, and the health organizations help WHO by giving them the data and help they can offer.

That's the way WHO works and even though it sounds pretty unfair that WHO can be politically manipulated, it is the only body we have to rely upon when a global pandemic happens. How reliable they are differs from person to person and from whatever propaganda political parties put out. Of course it would be best if people could simply disseminate information and not be politically motivated. It does no good continuously blaming each other. Cooperation between all nations is the only way we can conquer a global pandemic.
Everything you say is all fine and dandy but the fact of the matter is thst we are not dependent on the WHO. We have the CDC and if we dont see enough benefit in funding or being member of the WHO.... There is no legal obligation on our part to be part of that organazation. The rest of the world can keep the WHO all for themselves, warts and all. The only reason we participated with them was from American generosity.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
lmao okay man why don't you just go relegate yourself to the conspiracy theory forum because that's all you post about

I remember you. You're the one who throws out conspiracy theory to everything someone says. You won the award for the most times someone said "CONSPIRACY THEORY".

The WHO has utterly and completely failed the world with regards to this pandemic. They are a political body with a globalist agenda.
I hope we take the money and directly fund healthcare for poor, all around the globe, without it being filtered through powerful people who wield entirely too much power.
The WHO guidelines worked in east Asia

The info from China to the WHO worked for East Asia.

The difference is East Asia listened to the WHO The US did not, Europe did not.

That is not the fault if the WHO but the individual countries. Remember the WHO has zero power to enforce anything

I listen to our CDC who advises that everyone should be wearing a mask.

The W.H.O. says masks should be saved for healthcare workers, caretakers, and sick people — everyone else should just stay home

I think this is exactly what everyone is saying: if we can safely ignore the advice of the W.H.O, and the C.DC. gives better advice that is more practical for the average American, why are we funding the W.H.O. to the level that we do? If the W.H.O. didn't help contain this pandemic (even ignoring the United States which can be blamed on our response, the rest of the world is infected at unimaginable rates that should never have occured), what exactly is in anyone's interest to subsidize their existence?

Everything you say is all fine and dandy but the fact of the matter is thst we are not dependent on the WHO. We have the CDC and if we dont see enough benefit in funding or being member of the WHO.... There is no legal obligation on our part to be part of that organazation. The rest of the world can keep the WHO all for themselves, warts and all. The only reason participated withthem was from American generosity.

Who do you want giving us information from around the world when the next pandemic arrives, and it will, the CDC only or the W.H.O. which works under the U.N. in conjunction with nearly every other country on the planet. They share information, technology, new outbreaks, new vaccines, new testing, etc. Can the CDC do all of this on their own?

I think this is exactly what everyone is saying: if we can safely ignore the advice of the W.H.O, and the C.DC. gives better advice that is more practical for the average American, why are we funding the W.H.O. to the level that we do? If the W.H.O. didn't help contain this pandemic (even ignoring the United States which can be blamed on our response, the rest of the world is infected at unimaginable rates that should never have occured), what exactly is in anyone's interest to subsidize their existence?

I think we all need to step back and listen to what's working for other countries that have been able to mitigate the deaths from Covid-19 and take a page out of their playbook. Weighing both the CDC and WHO recommendations should always be decided on the side of caution. Whichever sounds more prudent and cautious to me, naturally that's the one I'm going to follow.

ummm WHO was already owned by China. He just stopped giving them taxpayer money. That made a big dent in the deficit

that's the dumbest thing ever said.

I think we all need to step back and listen to what's working for other countries that have been able to mitigate the deaths from Covid-19 and take a page out of their playbook. Weighing both the CDC and WHO recommendations should always be decided on the side of caution. Whichever sounds more prudent and cautious to me, naturally that's the one I'm going to follow.

Perfect. So we can use other countries' actual experience tempered with guidance from CDC- as you've laid out, not much need for the W.H.O., who still says no need to wear masks, apparently? Awful. Like they're sucking up to anti maskers or something.

The WHO guidelines worked in east Asia

The info from China to the WHO worked for East Asia.

The difference is East Asia listened to the WHO The US did not, Europe did not.

That is not the fault if the WHO but the individual countries. Remember the WHO has zero power to enforce anything

False. The countries that did the best flat out disregarded W.H.O. recommendations.

W.HO. : Travel bans are not effective. No general need for population to mask up. Human to human transmission is not confirmed.

New Zealand, South Korea: Lock this place down, mask up, test, trace and don't let anyone in or out without quarantine.

America: Ok W.H.O., if you say so...

Good for President Trump. Unlike Biden who openly will make the USA a subordinate province of China, Trump is pro USA. The WHO lied, telling us that humans can' even contract covid-19 and did everything possible to insure it spread across the entire world. That he isn't seeking the arrest of the officials of WHO for crimes against humanity is a lucky break for them.

Yeah, and Americans understand this too.

False. The countries that did the best flat out disregarded W.H.O. recommendations.

W.HO. : Travel bans are not effective. No general need for population to mask up. Human to human transmission is not confirmed.

New Zealand, South Korea: Lock this place down, mask up, test, trace and don't let anyone in or out without quarantine.

America: Ok W.H.O., if you say so...

Travel bans were not effective. It did not work for the US

The WHO confirmed human to human transmission on Jan 20

Who do you want giving us information from around the world when the next pandemic arrives, and it will, the CDC only or the W.H.O. which works under the U.N. in conjunction with nearly every other country on the planet. They share information, technology, new outbreaks, new vaccines, new testing, etc. Can the CDC do all of this on their own?
Why yes, the CDC can do all of that without the WHO.

Now without the WHO The US will be blind when the next and more deadly Ebola outbreak occurs.

Trump is the king of cutting of one's nose to spite his face

WHO just said that healthy people dont need to wear masks. Sounds like they agree with the evil right wingers so I suspect you will soon be coming out against the WHO.

And all the right wing minions are already taking their advice over the CDC's. That is old advice that was based on other viruses and a desire to keep more mask available for medical personnel. Cover your face if you are in public and help stop the spread.

Travel bans were not effective. It did not work for the US

The WHO confirmed human to human transmission on Jan 20

Worked for counties like South Korea.

Worked for counties like South Korea.

Who also did contact tracing lots of early testing and social distancing South Korea did everything but a lock down.

The WHO recommends against travel bans because countries tend to rely on that and not do the other recommended actions

Back
Top Bottom