• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says he'll have another meeting with Putin, again calls media 'enemy of the people'

According to this thread that would be upsideguy :lamo

Oh by the way. For the record Trump said; "Fake News Media". Reading is fundamental. For some.

You can carry on with your massive historical ignorance till you're blue in the face but it's still historical ignorance.

1. The United States was never an imperial empire. It was a colony, but it fought for and gained independence from a monarchy.
Russia never experienced being a colony and never fought for independence from a foreign monarchy, it WAS A monarchy.
They were NOT founded in remotely the same way, not in any era, not in any epoch, not in any culturally similar war nor in any economically similar way.

2. The United States never lived under a seventy year rule of communist dictatorship, one which by the way, never invested significantly in expansionist infrastructure for the well being of its own people. There are little to NO functional "interstate" highways in Russia on the level that we have here in the United States, primarily because travel between different parts of the country was and still is restricted via a system of what might be termed "internal passports".

3. The United States was specifically founded as a secular democracy, something the Russians have never done.
Under Communism, religion was specifically abolished by order of the government, whereas in the United States, it was simply kept separate from the machinery of government but otherwise encouraged to flourish with no restrictions.

4. Land mass is immaterial and irrelevant, except as it pertains to Russia, with seemingly endless stretches of inaccessible land and resources which are locked in by both geographical obstacles and weather issues. Russia lacks the infrastructure needed to exploit these resources adequately, whereas the United States engaged in over a century's worth of investment designed to encourage gainful expansion.

5. Our alliance with Russia in WW2 was every bit as much a boon to Russia as it was to us. Our lend lease program specifically made it possible, not to mention the fact that our own automotive corporations lent valuable technology to the USSR for use by their military.

6. Every aspect of American social mores is starkly different from Russia's, even to the point where the simple act of SMILING, something accepted as perfectly normal and expected over here, arouses suspicion in Russian society. The act of smiling at a Russian stranger typically leads that person to wonder if you are mentally ill, or up to something.

7. Perhaps the most surprising thing of all about Russian society is the fact that, almost immediately after the fall of Communism, women went back to being chattel, and treated as second class citizens, despite seventy years of indoctrination to the contrary.

8. With the exception of Trump's evangelical core, the United States is gradually becoming LESS religious, while Russia is becoming more so, even to the point where fundamentalist sects are occupying a progressively larger stake in Russian society.

9. Last but not least, despite our current and fractured flirtation with fascism, the United States has enjoyed 200 plus years of demonstrable free expression, something Russia has never experienced, not in the press, not in public gatherings, not in any sphere of society whatsoever.

Again, your historical ignorance of both Russia and the Soviet Union is massive, and you should be embarrassed.
I'm done pretending to be your tutor about that country. From here on out, you'll be talking to yourself.

way too much knowledge for the average trump lover...Hopefully he'll just run away now in shame

Oh Goody! ...and just before the election. I am wondering how Republican leadership feels about this right now.... an encore performance, just before the election?

BTW.... when does he plan on telling us about what they plan on "implementing?"

Of course, the second part of this article deals with Trump once again showing how he hates our democracy...

But, hey, keeping up with Trump's boneheaded actions and statements is like drinking from a firehose.

Trump:Russian Flag.jpg

Rank Paul and his ****ty false equivalency to war — this is what they do — invent a lie, assign it to ‘others’, move goal posts, and completely Lee Atwater-ize politics.

We need to look at recall petitions for these traitors, since gops have done just that during this decade.

The fact Trumpites tolerate things like that from Trump about the media, says everything one needs to know about them.

Trump didn't say the media is the enemy of people, he said fake news is, you even post what he said. :roll:

Seriously? Are you being ignorant of Trump or just disingenuous? You do realize that "fake news" is the mainstream media to Trump. "fake news" is anybody that is critical of Trump. There is nothing "fake" about the mainstream media, but Trump thinks there is and wants his cult to echo that.

It always amazes me why people naturally gravitate toward believing the liar (I guess its because he say what they want to hear).

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...mp-tweet-twitter-latest-fake-news-credentials

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/09/politics/donald-trump-media-tweet/index.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/13/business/media/trump-cnn-london.html

PolitiFact: Here’s why Donald Trump’s definition of fake news is wrong

From PolitiFact article: "....Instead of fabricated content, Trump uses the term to describe news coverage that is unsympathetic to his administration and his performance, even when the news reports are accurate...."

Examples of things Trump labeled as "fake news" that turned out to be true, making him the liar.....

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/01/trumps-phony-fake-news-claims/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...debunked-cnn-tax-bill-obamacare-a8164696.html

Last edited:
TrumpMorphPutin.jpg

Attachments

• TrumpMorphPutin.jpg
    TrumpMorphPutin.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 68
According to Trump, if it didn't originate from Breitbart, Sinclair, Fox News or InfoWars, it's ALL FAKE NEWS, which is interesting seeing as how those outlets engage in an almost puerile form of abject fealty to Mr. Trump. Thus, anything Donald Trump disagrees with is termed "FAKE NEWS", even if the accounts of a story are 100% factually accurate by either editorial or documentary means.

He might as well drop all pretense and use the more accurate term "Die Lügenpresse!"

Nice jibber jabber, but Trump didn't say the media is the enemy of the people.

Oh Goody! ...and just before the election. I am wondering how Republican leadership feels about this right now.... an encore performance, just before the election?

BTW.... when does he plan on telling us about what they plan on "implementing?"

Of course, the second part of this article deals with Trump once again showing how he hates our democracy...

But, hey, keeping up with Trump's boneheaded actions and statements is like drinking from a firehose.

I don't trust Trump or Putin. They definitely have something secretive going on.

I don't trust Trump or Putin. They definitely have something secretive going on.

Of course, lost in the stream of the fire hose of news (and controversies) that flows 24/7 from the White House is the idea that Trump and Putin agreed to something(s) in their two hour meeting. What?????

Last edited:
Oh by the way. For the record Trump said; "Fake News Media". Reading is fundamental. For some.

That's what I said, the title of the thread says otherwise;

*Trump says he'll have another meeting with Putin, again calls media 'enemy of the people'*

Reading comprehension is most definitely fundamental.

Seriously? Are you being ignorant of Trump or just disingenuous? You do realize that "fake news" is the mainstream media to Trump. "fake news" is anybody that is critical of Trump. There is nothing "fake" about the mainstream media, but Trump thinks there is and wants his cult to echo that.

It always amazes me why people naturally gravitate toward believing the liar (I guess its because he say what they want to hear).

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...mp-tweet-twitter-latest-fake-news-credentials

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/09/politics/donald-trump-media-tweet/index.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/13/business/media/trump-cnn-london.html

PolitiFact: Here’s why Donald Trump’s definition of fake news is wrong

From PolitiFact article: "....Instead of fabricated content, Trump uses the term to describe news coverage that is unsympathetic to his administration and his performance, even when the news reports are accurate...."

Examples of things Trump labeled as "fake news" that turned out to be true, making him the liar.....

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/01/trumps-phony-fake-news-claims/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...debunked-cnn-tax-bill-obamacare-a8164696.html

Nowhere in your links did Trump call the media the enemy of the people. Accuracy is your friend.

Try me; how was our democracy attacked?

You know - no! Do your own research and then come back and tell me again it's only the DNC server hacking we need to worry about. It's important to get your news from sources other than Fox and Breitbart - just an FYI.

Or you just go ahead and believe what you want to believe - it don't make no nevermind to me.

Yes, the idea that one man being memed into the White House and effective troll his opposition is pure gold.

Trump made the most pathetic display of a head of state rolling on his back against his country than any other world leader since at least film was invented. There's no other way to look at it.

Trump's planning to let vlad attempt anal for the first time.

Trump made the most pathetic display of a head of state rolling on his back against his country than any other world leader since at least film was invented. There's no other way to look at it.

Or, he has shown everyone what a joke the political establishment really is. That's another way to look at it.

You know - no! Do your own research and then come back and tell me again it's only the DNC server hacking we need to worry about. It's important to get your news from sources other than Fox and Breitbart - just an FYI.

Or you just go ahead and believe what you want to believe - it don't make no nevermind to me.

"Do my own research" is not really convincing.

Or, he has shown everyone what a joke the political establishment really is. That's another way to look at it.

Unfortunately, this is real life, not a comedy show. And Trump isn't trolling. His girlish crush display for Putin would not be funny to an insecure man with a fragile ego. Finally Trump showed in the last week, more than anytime during his term he knows absolutely nothing in his role as POTUS.

Trump apologists need to accept this.

Unfortunately, this is real life, not a comedy show. And Trump isn't trolling. His girlish crush display for Putin would not be funny to an insecure man with a fragile ego. Finally Trump showed in the last week, more than anytime during his term he knows absolutely nothing in his role as POTUS.

Trump apologists need to accept this.

Maybe he has a different idea of what the role of POTUS should be. It's not as if the traditional way of engaging in politics as worked fine for everyone...

Besides, if you elect politicians who act like celebrities, sooner or later, you'll get celebrities who want to try their hand at politics.

Please re-read the last sentence of post #144.

Thanks.

I do believe whatever I want to believe, which is based on my understanding of the evidence.

I still want to understand why people understand the things they do. Maybe you have a more rational explanation; maybe you don't. I guess I'll never know.

Nowhere in your links did Trump call the media the enemy of the people. Accuracy is your friend.

You missed the point. To Trump mainstream media = fake news. Most of the numerous references I provided you deal with the fact that to Trump "fake news" means mainstream media articles that are critical of him, To Trump "fake news" and mainstream media are synonymous.

But, since you asked, from his July 15 twitter.....

"...over the years, I would return to criticism that it wasn’t good enough – that I should have gotten Saint Petersburg in addition! Much of our news media is indeed the enemy of the people and all the Dems..."

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

https://www.ctpost.com/news/media/Trump-Calls-Media-The-Enemy-Of-The-People-1296506.php

.... and prior ... https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-people/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2b84a6d3679c

You full well know what he is saying (when he says "fake news" he means the American media that is unfavorable to him) Don't be disingenuous.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom