• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says he'll have another meeting with Putin, again calls media 'enemy of the people'

upsideguy

Pragmatic Idealist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
President Donald Trump hopes to welcome Russian President Vladimir Putin in Washington this fall, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement Thursday.

"President Trump asked (national security adviser John Bolton) to invite President Putin to Washington in the fall and those discussions are already underway," Sanders tweeted Thursday, hours after Trump tweeted he is "looking forward" to meeting again with Putin to "begin implementing" issues they discussed during their summit earlier this week.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/19/politics/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-summit/index.html

Oh Goody! ...and just before the election. I am wondering how Republican leadership feels about this right now.... an encore performance, just before the election?

BTW.... when does he plan on telling us about what they plan on "implementing?"

Of course, the second part of this article deals with Trump once again showing how he hates our democracy...

"......Meanwhile, Trump has railed throughout the week at the news media, blaming reporters for negative coverage of the summit, even though much of the reporting has focused on Republicans' condemnations.

Trump's "enemy of the people" attack on Thursday marked the second time Trump has emerged from a summit with a dictator who has restricted press freedoms and subsequently attacked the news media as an "enemy."

"Our Country's biggest enemy is the Fake News so easily promulgated by fools!" Trump tweeted last month after he drew heat for overplaying the outcome of his summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un....."

But, hey, keeping up with Trump's boneheaded actions and statements is like drinking from a firehose.

Last edited:
Putin probably told trump to schedule beatdown number #2......In the White House no less.....trump is Putin's bitch so of course he said....YES sir

really strange that we have a POTUS, TrumPutin, that has a past littered with connections to Russia, Russian Mafia, Russian oligarchs, etc.

https://www.debatepolitics.com/gene...heir-own-investigation-congress-must-act.html

that seems completely beholden to Putin, even looking like he is Putins little girl

https://www.debatepolitics.com/gene...p-so-seemingly-beholden-putin-and-russia.html

and that repeatedly labels the press in America, "the enemy of the people"

I would have to say that someone with that set of attributes just may be the one asshole you do NOT want being POTUS but hey ............

w'ever you gotta do to get yo thang goin' on ..............

Oh Goody! ...and just before the election. I am wondering how Republican leadership feels about this right now.... an encore performance, just before the election?

Of course, the second part of this article deals with Trump once again showing how he hates our democracy...

But, hey, keeping up with Trump's boneheaded actions and statements is like drinking from a firehose.

Trust me; when you look at what’s happening over there; we’ll see; very strong; previous trump voters are nowhere to be found in real life. Do not castigate them. They feel bad enough. Offer them a ‘better deal’, wrapped around infrastructure for this century.

Or in my case, a wine bottle!

Oh goody. Putin will be here just in time for the issuing of the grand jury subpoena.

There is nothing boneheaded about meeting with Russia. It's totally normal.

There is nothing boneheaded about meeting with Russia. It's totally normal.

]...unless, of course, you are Donald Trump. I serve up this week as exhibit A of his boneheadedness.

Meanwhile, someone asked that if we can impeach a President for receiving a blowjob, can we impeach a President for giving one?

]...unless, of course, you are Donald Trump. I serve up this week as exhibit A of his boneheadedness.

Meanwhile, someone asked that if we can impeach a President for receiving a blowjob, can we impeach a President for giving one?

only if cigars are involved ...........

Of course; because everything is always about Trump. You're obsessed with the man. He does something completely normal, as all previous Presidents have done, and you act as if he as broken some sacred meaningless tradition that no one cares about.

Meanwhile, someone asked that if we can impeach a President for perjury, I responded yes

I fixed that for you.

Because there has to be a official record of what is said, given the current president’s habit for lying.

As if being on the record is going to stop him from just saying whatever he just wants to say, and then backtracking as if it means nothing...

Because it does mean nothing!

Of course; because everything is always about Trump. You're obsessed with the man. He does something completely normal, as all previous Presidents have
done, and you act as if he as broken some sacred meaningless tradition that no one cares about.

I fixed that for you.

.... then having his entire persona being a major lie, including lying about "protecting and defending the US Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic" this impeachment ought to be a slamdunk....

As if being on the record is going to stop him from just saying whatever he just wants to say, and then backtracking as if it means nothing...

Because it does mean nothing!

Trump insisted on meeting with putin alone in Helsinki , with no one in the room to write down what was said or what trump offered up to putin.

If there is a second meeting, there has to be other people at the meeting

if ole Vlad is still here for the mid terms maybe he can vote for some Republicans :2razz: ................

.... then having his entire persona being a major lie, including lying about "protecting and defending the US Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic" this impeachment ought to be a slamdunk....

How has he failed on that regard?I know Trump likes to think of himself as a nationalist, so I would think an attack on this country would be very low on his list of things he wants to happen. It's probably lower than losing you.

How has he failed on that regard?I know Trump likes to think of himself as a nationalist, so I would think an attack on this country would be very low on his list of things he wants to happen. It's probably lower than losing you.

Our country was attacked in 2016.

Trump insisted on meeting with putin alone in Helsinki , with no one in the room to write down what was said or what trump offered up to putin.

If there is a second meeting, there has to be other people at the meeting

He probably did it just so people like you can go bonkers over it. I don't think he cares about what makes you happy anymore; that ship has sailed.

Gadzooks. And the hits keep coming.

Our country was attacked in 2016.

The "our country was attacked" rhetoric only makes sense if you equate "the country" with John Podesta's email account. That's an insane logical leap; and unsurprisingly, millions of Americans aren't buying it.

Very well done!

Back
Top Bottom