• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump most ignorant, incompetent individual to hold presidency

Trump most ignorant, incompetent individual to hold presidency

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How did that “lock her up” campaign turn out for ya? Hell it went so badly that the usual propagandists had to come up with Q-anon where something as just braindead as “Trump already has her in chains, she hides them with a heavy coat” was the norm of claims made.

If I was to send a letter to Hillary using snail mail, is her address somewhere on Pennsylvania Avenue in DC?

In passing, if Trump had lost the election, this whole Witch Hunt conducted by the Lynch Mob leading to the Kangaroo Court would never have happened.

Hillary Clinton makes Donald Trump look like St. Francis.

You didn't call out Obama the person. You said if he was representative of the black race. That's the racism dude.

If your referring to the statement below I think your interpretation is quite a stretch. Just like all liberals, working overtime to label us all as racists. Also, reread my next to last statement and them come back and continue to call me a racist. Jerk!

Yes, he was our first black president. If he is the model for what a black president can do to this country, I hope that he will be the first and the last. Before you jump to the typical liberal conclusion, my sentiment is based on performance and has nothing I repeat nothing to do with his skin tone. Unlike the DEMONcrats with Trump , when he was elected, for the good of my country I hoped that he would be the best ever. How did that work out?

If your referring to the statement below I think your interpretation is quite a stretch. Just like all liberals, working overtime to label us all as racists. Also, reread my next to last statement and them come back and continue to call me a racist. Jerk!

Yes, he was our first black president. If he is the model for what a black president can do to this country, I hope that he will be the first and the last. Before you jump to the typical liberal conclusion, my sentiment is based on performance and has nothing I repeat nothing to do with his skin tone. Unlike the DEMONcrats with Trump , when he was elected, for the good of my country I hoped that he would be the best ever. How did that work out?

"Yes, he was our first black president. If he is the model for what a black president can do to this country, I hope that he will be the first and the last."

Why do you think that Obama could be in anyway representative of other black presidents? That's the racism whether you are cognizant of it or not. Only a racist would entertain the possibility that one person of a given race could be in anyway representative of the entire race.

Not really, you point out that Carter was a nuclear engineer as if that were some super wonderful qualification; I just pointed out that nuclear engineers are fallible, too.

Yet more irrelevancy, I see. I never stated or even implied that they aren't fallible.
IF I found you the least bit challenging or worthy of more than a single sentence now and then, I'd respond accordingly. But I don't.

Yawn. Pity that you haven't made a rational point or argument, but it's simply not my problem.

"Yes, he was our first black president. If he is the model for what a black president can do to this country, I hope that he will be the first and the last."

Why do you think that Obama could be in anyway representative of other black presidents? That's the racism whether you are cognizant of it or not. Only a racist would entertain the possibility that one person of a given race could be in anyway representative of the entire race.

Well, at this point he has been the only one and many of us believe the worst of the bunch. Is it not reasonable to be cautious when given the opportunity to vote for the next one? If I took the same stance with a Jew, would I then be an anti semite also? If so that would greatly upset my wife.

Well, at this point he has been the only one and many of us believe the worst of the bunch. Is it not reasonable to be cautious when given the opportunity to vote for the next one? If I took the same stance with a Jew, would I then be an anti semite also? If so that would greatly upset my wife.

Yes, you would be a bigot if we elected a Jewish president, you didn't like him or her, and then were cautious about voting for a Jewish president in the future.

This statement is textbook racism:

"Well, at this point he has been the only one and many of us believe the worst of the bunch. Is it not reasonable to be cautious when given the opportunity to vote for the next one?"

Yes, you would be a bigot if we elected a Jewish president, you didn't like him or her, and then were cautious about voting for a Jewish president in the future.

This statement is textbook racism:

"Well, at this point he has been the only one and many of us believe the worst of the bunch. Is it not reasonable to be cautious when given the opportunity to vote for the next one?"

OK, this should make you very happy. Seeing that both blacks and those of the Jewish persuasion are overboard liberal DEMONcrats who are hell bent on destroying my great country, I would not vote for them, never, ever! If it takes me being considered a racist to save my country, I gladly accept the grief and responsibility.

Yes, Trump is the most ignorant, incompetent individual to hold presidency.
That is true.

You've read up on all the Presidents then?

Why would you be so intellectually dishonest as to compare Obama's deficits, when he came into office during the worst recession and financial crisis since the Great Depression, to Trump, when he came into office in an economy that had been growing and adding jobs for years?

An intellectually honest comparison would be to compare average deficits during Obama's second term to Trump so far as we would be comparing deficits in more similar economic conditions. If you compare 2013 to 2016 - the second term of Obama with similar economic conditions to today, to 2017 through today, you will find that Trump has massively increased deficits despite a growing economy.

US Deficit by Year Compared to GDP, Debt, and Events

The real world is just so real, isn't it?

I compare apples to apples. The first three years are the first three years.

During those three years, the economy, on a year to year basis, should have been on fire with data from all sectors showing rocket like rises from the various bottoms everything had hit.

Instead, whether you're talking about stock markets, housing starts, GDP, number employed, wage rates- you name it- all indicators showed just average growth year over year.

You can compare whatever you're talking about to whatever you're dreaming about, but dreams don't pay the rent.

The Deficit about doubled under Obama. The deficit is far short of a rate to double under Trump. Them's the facts.

The real world is just so real, isn't it?

I compare apples to apples. The first three years are the first three years.

During those three years, the economy, on a year to year basis, should have been on fire with data from all sectors showing rocket like rises from the various bottoms everything had hit.

Instead, whether you're talking about stock markets, housing starts, GDP, number employed, wage rates- you name it- all indicators showed just average growth year over year.

You can compare whatever you're talking about to whatever you're dreaming about, but dreams don't pay the rent.

The Deficit about doubled under Obama. The deficit is far short of a rate to double under Trump. Them's the facts.

^
^
^
Textbook intellectual dishonesty.

Absolutely. Carter also did a lot to improve our relationship with China (basically picking up where Nixon left off), and initiated the research that is allowing the US to have an oil boom today.

If I remember correctly, there were more jobs created per year under Carter than under Ronald Reagan, and the largest percent of jobs increased per year since Roosevelt.

He got a bum rep due to the OPEC embargo and due to the Iran hostage situation.

Let me give you a little history about Jimmy Carter's term. In a nutshell he turned out to be a very weak, ineffective leader.

When the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, his administration reacted by boycotting the 1980 olympics which were held in Moscow.

The Iran hostage situation wasn't Carter's fault but he reacted by approving a sneak attack to get the hostages out of there, which was a massive failure.

The poor economy at the time which was mostly a combination of stagnant growth and inflation wasn't directly his fault either, but interest rates reached double digits during his term.

Carter was a good humanitarian but he was a lousy president. His popularity during his last year in office was so low that even many democrats didn't support him. Ted Kennedy ran against him in the 1980 primary and a good share of democrats favored him over Carter.

I'm convinced the main reason he won his party's nomination that year was his strong support in the southern states. He was a folksy good ol' boy who might have been good as a local politician in that part of the USA, but he proved he couldn't handle the job of being president.

I don't know about some of the early presidents, but Trump is definitely the worst in my 65 years. As some commentator said the other day "makes Nixon seem like a choir boy." I was not a fan of Bush II, but he at least could treat most folks politely. IMHO, Trump's nasty tweets alone, have alienated him from countless allies and people in general. That is not even mentioning terrible policies, and actions like ones he is currently in trouble for.

So Brennan is defending Andrew Jackson's mass murder of Native Americans in a defiance of a unanimous decision on behalf of the Cherokee by the Supreme Court? So are many of the Democrats on this forum. No surprise there.

That's hilarious. You using Trump's favorite president as your potential candidate for someone more incompetent and ignorant than Trump.

Yes, Trump may be out-eviled by his hero Jackson. Possibly. But Trump doesn't need to exceed Jackson's body count in order to rank #1 as the most ignorant and incompetent.

Your argument is silly on multiple counts -- including reminding us of the kind of horrible person that the orange buffoon idolizes.

You do realize that these are the same people who claimed he was going to start WW3, put all immigrants & gays into concentration camps, sell parts of the US off to China/Russia etc, and a bevy of other inane statements?

Please show me in any of those editorials where such things were articulated. They are not. Please do not respond to my posts with hyperbole and drivel. If you can not muster an adult response, then no response is warranted. "....its better to remain silent and appear a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt..."

I asked for someone to tell me what the Conservative editorials got wrong about Trump. You did not address the point, but nonetheless saw fit to open your mouth, while contributing nothing.

You may also want to use something more trustworthy than Wikipedia in the future.

I find it hysterical that a man makes a wild claim as per above with ZERO substantiation of his statement, yet takes issue with the accuracy of Wikipedia. 1) you get your news from sources that are far less interested in facts that Wikipedia; 2) you obviously did not open that article, which are actual surveys (and several surveys) well sourced and cross-referenced; 3) Wikipedia has been found to be pretty accurate on most matters (404 Not Found 4) by commenting on my sourcing rather than the content of my post you should yourself to be no better than Trump's defense.....you have non other than to question the process; 5) your actions here were to prefer ignorance to knowledge, falsity to truth. You presented yourself as an example of the ignorance I was calling out.

Your post added NOTHING to the debate. Don't bother responding to my posts if your game is this poor.

So Brennan is defending Andrew Jackson's mass murder of Native Americans in a defiance of a unanimous decision on behalf of the Cherokee by the Supreme Court? So are many of the Democrats on this forum. No surprise there.

That's hilarious. You using Trump's favorite president as your potential candidate for someone more incompetent and ignorant than Trump.

Yes, Trump may be out-eviled by his hero Jackson. Possibly. But Trump doesn't need to exceed Jackson's body count in order to rank #1 as the most ignorant and incompetent.

Your argument is silly on multiple counts -- including reminding us of the kind of horrible person that the orange buffoon idolizes.

Where did joko go? Did he forget Jackson was one of Trump's heroes? Or did he expect the rest of us not to remember? Did he slide down some slippery slope and get a concussion when he crashed on the bottom?

Just like "there's always a tweet", there's always a profound and disgusting irony when a Trump defender tries to deliver a gotcha. The ignorant, incompetent, murderer-loving, dictator-loving Trump doesn't make it easy for his defenders. Watch your step if that's the path you want to go down.

It might be more nuanced than John states, in that I am sure we've had some ignorant men hold that office before. But, certainly none in modern times compare to this moron. So, I voted "True."

At times I am totally floored by the incredible ignorance of this man. Donald and I are the same age and it's hard me believe that someone of my generation doesn't know that the star spangled banner wasn't written during the Revolutionary war. When asked about his lack of service during the Vietnam era, he said it was far away and nobody had heard of it. In 1954 I was eight years old and fully aware of the French getting their butts kicked at Dien Bien Phu. It was on TV. I wonder who these people are who had never heard of Vietnam?

Please show me in any of those editorials where such things were articulated. They are not. Please do not respond to my posts with hyperbole and drivel. If you can not muster an adult response, then no response is warranted. "....its better to remain silent and appear a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt..."

I asked for someone to tell me what the Conservative editorials got wrong about Trump. You did not address the point, but nonetheless saw fit to open your mouth, while contributing nothing.

I find it hysterical that a man makes a wild claim as per above with ZERO substantiation of his statement, yet takes issue with the accuracy of Wikipedia. 1) you get your news from sources that are far less interested in facts that Wikipedia; 2) you obviously did not open that article, which are actual surveys (and several surveys) well sourced and cross-referenced; 3) Wikipedia has been found to be pretty accurate on most matters (404 Not Found 4) by commenting on my sourcing rather than the content of my post you should yourself to be no better than Trump's defense.....you have non other than to question the process; 5) your actions here were to prefer ignorance to knowledge, falsity to truth. You presented yourself as an example of the ignorance I was calling out.

Your post added NOTHING to the debate. Don't bother responding to my posts if your game is this poor.

Then why post back if you're just going to act like a scolded child?

I think the thread title should be "Trump hurts my fragile feelings and he is a Republican so he is the worst President ever".

So what you are saying is that it hurts your feelings that many people think that Trump is an idiot?

Your inability to find real world facts to support your delusion is noted.

Dude, do you know how trend lines and statistically relevant correlations work? You don't compare disparate time periods just because they are both "first terms". You compare the years that bookend each other. Thus a relevant trend line would be 2014 through 2019 as you would be comparing the last 3 years of the Obama presidency to the first 3 years of the Trump presidency and thus your comparison would include relatively similar economic conditions.

Back
Top Bottom