• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump is Always An Insulting Attacking Control Freak with Coronavirus Reporter's Questions

Isn't that what the left has been saying about the right for years?

Think about it

Those reporters are so invested in negativity, they seem to be incapable of asking a question in a positive (or even a neutral) way

This is also untrue with respect to the OP.

The problem isn't the question. The problem is the actual facts. The reality on the ground is that the Trump administration is not managing PPP very well.

The fact that this is true doesn't mean the reporters are asking "rude" questions.

Last edited:
Like I said, if you watch CNN, you are being spoon fed, whether or not you choose to believe it, is up to you, I've seen it happen. But hey, you do you, keep putting your head in the sand.

With respect to the OP, what you are writing here is untrue. PPP is not working. Trump responded negatively because there was no positive way for him to answer the question that did not reflect poorly on him.

Trump's observation on this was dead on accurate.

The reporter framed the question to indicate that the program was a misdirected, poorly managed failure and that the complaints from a few folks demonstrate that.

IF the reporter was trying to find out some actual information, the question would have been stated as a question for one thing and merely asked for the president's impression of the start up and his hopes for the future.

Yet one more hissing snake spitting venom at the podium.

The program is being poorly managed. This is well-documented. Trump's observation was not dead-on accurate. Trump attacked the reporter instead of answering the question in an honest and appropriate manner because PPP is not being managed well.

If they could only run his pressers.

Trump is such a big meanie.
:2bigcry:

It's not about being mean. It's about not telling the truth. Trump cannot tell the truth about PPP because telling the truth would mean admitting his administration is making mistakes.

Like I said, if you watch CNN, you are being spoon fed, whether or not you choose to believe it, is up to you, I've seen it happen. But hey, you do you, keep putting your head in the sand.

What Trump is saying about PPP is simply not true.

There are still a few good opinion show hosts there, not many, but a few. Besides, don't get Fox News, and I can't stand MSNBC.

All I am saying is, KNOW what you are watching, and take it with a grain of salt, something apparently people on the left, can not do.

Okay, then know this, what Trump said about PPP is a lie.

We found out later that trump was right about all those things in the HUFFPO story.
I get that HUFFPO was making a stink about Trump attacking female reporters, but Jonathan Karl isn't a female.
Anyway, the Chinese woman WAS from an organization owned by Red China.
The woman bitching about the HHS inspector general's report was using a report from 2 weeks ago.
That the IG was a holdover was true, as HUFFPO noted.

The only thing that Trump suggested that wasn't fair was that Karl was a 3rd rate reporter. He's one of the better ones ... considering the group we're talking about.

Can you get a test? I still can't get a test.

With respect to the OP, it's a fact that the PPP loan scheme was not rolled out in an organized manner. It's still a chaotic mess.

Let me say that imo Trump is a terrible speaker. It seems he also does not like criticism. Let take a look at the OP and the provided link to the HuffPost. What caught my eye is the way the summarized the reporters statement then provided a detailed full quote of Trump.

"McClatchy reporter Francesca Chambers asked Trump a question about the federal government’s new Paycheck Protection Program for small businesses, saying it had gotten off to a “confusing start.”
“I wish you’d ask the question differently,” Trump said, apparently instructing Chambers on how to do her job. “Why don’t you say it’s gotten out to a tremendous start, but there are some little glitches, which by the way, have been worked out? It would be so much nicer if you do that. But you’re just incapable of asking a question in a positive way.”

My question is why not show Chambers full question and then Trumps response?

When watching the briefings there are times I think what an idiotic response by Trump. There are times when I think the reporter could present the question in a better manner. There are times questions are asked with a leading opinion.

Trump does not avoid questions. Yesterday, he just kept on going until they were basically out of questions to ask.

With respect to PPP he avoided answering the question. There are problems with PPP. Trump did not address those problems. When he says everything is fine and dandy he is lying.

Let me say that imo Trump is a terrible speaker. It seems he also does not like criticism. Let take a look at the OP and the provided link to the HuffPost. What caught my eye is the way the summarized the reporters statement then provided a detailed full quote of Trump.

"McClatchy reporter Francesca Chambers asked Trump a question about the federal government’s new Paycheck Protection Program for small businesses, saying it had gotten off to a “confusing start.”
“I wish you’d ask the question differently,” Trump said, apparently instructing Chambers on how to do her job. “Why don’t you say it’s gotten out to a tremendous start, but there are some little glitches, which by the way, have been worked out? It would be so much nicer if you do that. But you’re just incapable of asking a question in a positive way.”

My question is why not show Chambers full question and then Trumps response?

When watching the briefings there are times I think what an idiotic response by Trump. There are times when I think the reporter could present the question in a better manner. There are times questions are asked with a leading opinion.

I don't know. I didn't read the Huffington Post article. I don't read the Huffington Post. I'm a moderate and, yes, even the way Huffington Post covers news stories, irritates me. I think we can all accept the fact that the Huffington Post has an agenda and is not going to frame things in a way most favorable to Trump. I agree with you 100% on that point.

You aren't wrong about the media.

Yes, it is 100% true that Trump has political opponents and that liberals don't like him. Yes, it's true the media lies about Trump. Yes, it's true the media is unfair to Trump. That does not mean it is now okay for Trump to habitually lie and for Trump supporters to support his lies. Trump supporters have it in their head that the bad behavior of the media means Trump can do whatever the heck he wants. I don't agree with that. It doesn't make any sense to me. A person must tell the truth at all times, to the greatest extent possible. To me, that is the mark of a good leader.

I did watch the press conference, however. It's based on having watched the press conference that I am responding. I don't agree with Trump supporters who say that it's okay for Trump to avoid blame by not answering the reporter's question.

It is a fact that PPP is not being managed properly. It is a fact that it has not gotten off to a "tremendous" start. I know that Trump would be super-awesome selling timeshares, but this is not how you manage a government.

Last edited:
#BoycottTrumpBriefings

Do NOT TUNE IN during the time the pressers are airing LIVE.
Wait till they are handled in the news cycle instead.

Tuning in live, even if you are not watching or you have it MUTED sends data to the media that the pressers are getting big ratings.
That means we will be subjected to them every single day from now on.

They are his "virtual rallies" so by leaving your cable and sat tuned in, you are ATTENDING his rallies.

I would prefer to hear information straight from the source as opposed to second-hand, filtered commentary (regardless of the topic).

I don't know. I didn't read the Huffington Post article. I don't read the Huffington Post. I'm a moderate and, yes, even the Huffington Post, bugs the crap out me. I think we can all accept the fact that the Huffington Post has an agenda and is not going to frame things in a way most favorable to Trump. I agree with you 100% on that point.

Yes, it is 100% true that Trump has political opponents and that liberals don't like him. That does not mean it is now okay for Trump to habitually lie and for Trump supporters to support his lies.

I did watch the press conference, however. It's based on having watched the press conference that I am responding. I don't agree with Trump supporters who say that it's okay for Trump to avoid blame by not answering the reporter's question.

It is a fact that PPP is not being managed properly. It is a fact that it has not gotten off to a "tremendous" start. I know that Trump would be super-awesome selling timeshares, but this is not how you manage a government.

Only time I read the Post is when someone uses it as a linked source.

I don't disagree that the PPP program seems to be a mess. I did watch the press conference. The reporters question regarding the PPP had a leading negative statement which got Trump off on his tangent. imo, Trump is not doing himself any good by doing the daily briefing. That is what the task force is for. When something major happens or major change in policy I can see the President making the presentation.

I take what Trump says with a grain of salt. His ego gets in the way.

As far as lying. Is it a lie if the person really believes what they are saying? :lamo Or is it they just have the "facts" wrong.

Only time I read the Post is when someone uses it as a linked source.

I don't disagree that the PPP program seems to be a mess. I did watch the press conference. The reporters question regarding the PPP had a leading negative statement which got Trump off on his tangent. imo, Trump is not doing himself any good by doing the daily briefing. That is what the task force is for. When something major happens or major change in policy I can see the President making the presentation.

I take what Trump says with a grain of salt. His ego gets in the way.

I agree in principle, to what you're writing. However, I disagree with this idea that any reporter is obligated to ask any question that contains negative information in some sort of positive way to appease Trump. The content of the question contains negative information. The content of the question is factual, based on reality. It's not the reporter's fault that PPP is not working out well. Reporters shouldn't have to act like OANN reporters, and phrase every question like -- and I am paraphrasing here --, "Mr. President, how do you manage being so wonderful and thoughtful? How do you have the energy to do such a good job?" I would also add to what you wrote that Trump has to take responsibility for his own actions. So even if the media is not fair to Trump it is my opinion that that does not give Trump the license to act the way he does.

As far as lying. Is it a lie if the person really believes what they are saying? :lamo Or is it they just have the "facts" wrong.

I think Trump's ego believes it's the truth.

I also think when Trump goes to bed at night, and closes his eyes, and thinks about what he did that day, he is tortured.

Last edited:
With respect to the OP, it's a fact that the PPP loan scheme was not rolled out in an organized manner. It's still a chaotic mess.

First of all, it isnt. I did my application Sunday and it went through fairly easily. But I dont know what you expect. This is a massive government program that is intentionally being rushed through in order to address the problem. Will the startup be a bit rough? Well of course. The reporters question was childish and hopelessly biased and she deserved to be smacked down by Trump. As I pointed out to you on another thread, this is Trump be held to the standard of perfection. Anything short of that and he is criticized. The media in that room are nothing but liberal hacks and Trump should replace them will other media personnel. Hell I would rather he fill the room with first year journalism students than the morons there now.

It's a perfectly legitimate question. It's not a stupid question. The roll out of the PPP was not handled well. It's still not being handled well. Trump is lying when he says everything is fine and dandy with the PPP loan scheme. The Trump administration SHOULD be criticized for not rolling it out in a more organized fashion. The fact that Trump cannot handle any criticism is bad for the country. The fact that Trump's supporters cannot deal with the reality of this specific situation or any situation involving Trump is bad for the country.

Dude, this was signed into law on March 27. Today is April 7. The idea that you expect the federal government to get a complicated program up and running flawlessly in under ten days is asinine. And it is a standard you would only hold Trump to. Tone down the TDS.

The specific question referenced by the OP was asked in a professional manner. The problem isn't the reporters. The problem isn't the questions. The problem is Trump and the people Trump has hired to manage the executive branch. They are all incompetent. That's the problem. Deal with it. Come to terms with it. Because it's the truth. The launch of the PPP loan scheme was a chaotic, disorganized mess. and pretending it wasn't is the same thing as lying. It's still a chaotic, disorganized mess. Trump complained, in response to the question, that, "I wish we had a fair media." What a crybaby whiner! It's not the media's fault that the Trump administration botched the rollout of the PPP loan scheme. Attacking the reporter for asking a straightforward question was unwarranted and cowardly.

The reporters are absolutely the problem. If I was there, being constantly ambushed, I would tell them off, too.

The reporters are absolutely the problem.

It is a statement of fact that both banks and business owners are having a problem with PPP. Asking why that is so, to the person ultimately responsible, is not a bad thing to do. It's their job!

If I was there, being constantly ambushed, I would tell them off, too.

I have no doubt you would react in an unprofessional manner to a legitimate question.

I agree in principle, to what you're writing. However, I disagree with this idea that any reporter is obligated to ask any question that contains negative information in some sort of positive way to appease Trump. The content of the question contains negative information. The content of the question is factual, based on reality. It's not the reporter's fault that PPP is not working out well. Reporters shouldn't have to act like OANN reporters, and phrase every question like -- and I am paraphrasing here --, "Mr. President, how do you manage being so wonderful and thoughtful? How do you have the energy to do such a good job?" I would also add to what you wrote that Trump has to take responsibility for his own actions. So even if the media is not fair to Trump it is my opinion that that does not give Trump the license to act the way he does.

I think Trump's ego believes it's the truth.

I also think when Trump goes to bed at night, and closes his eyes, and thinks about what he did that day, he is tortured.

I think the only thing torturing Trump is having to do some real work for once in his privileged life.

It is a statement of fact that both banks and business owners are having a problem with PPP. Asking why that is so, to the person ultimately responsible, is not a bad thing to do. It's their job!

I have no doubt you would react in an unprofessional manner to a legitimate question.

The press hssn't asked Trump a legitimate question in months.

Nobody is spoon feeding anything when we have the actual confrontations recorded live. We are just spared all the extra word salad that Trump regurgitates for hours every day.

The president along with HIS government have failed the American people with their response to this pandemic. Trump refuses to even answer a question about the lack of testing when we have him on video 1 month ago saying "Anyone that wants a test can get a test". He had to know he was lying then. What he meant to say was if you are wealthy, you can get a test whenever you want.

:roll: Please. So if during the Obama years I had said, 'you know, all Obama does is lie so Im not going to listen to him speak, Im just going to turn on Hannity afterwards and form my opinions then' you would have supported that decision?? :lamo

The reporters are absolutely the problem. If I was there, being constantly ambushed, I would tell them off, too.

"Ambushed"? In what way is asking a perfectly legitimate question remotely an ambush? Here's how it works with Trump; easy questions that he has an answer for, get answered. Tricky questions for which he has no reply, or doesn't know the answer to, get met with a barrage of petty insults. If he had the slightest shred of decency and integrity something like, 'I'll get back to you on that' would have done the job.
Trump automatically assumes the media are out to get him. Here's the thing; EVERY leader in a democracy gets grilled by the media; Trump is not unique. If Trump can't take it he has several options-among them treating the media with the same respect he expects to be treated with. We all know that's never going to happen; his over-inflated ego won't allow it.

The press hssn't asked Trump a legitimate question in months.

Given that he has - always - had it out for the press, why on Earth would they? If I was a reporter, my only question to Trump would be "have you stopped beating your wife?"

It took the press a while, but they are learning that you don't have to kiss the president's hind end to write about him. You don't even have to talk to him.

Then you would be just as weak as the president.

Back
Top Bottom