• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump did the lamest trick Germany was "totally controlled by Russia"

who is "totally controlled by "Russia" 1) Germany 2) Trump

• 1) Germany

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • 2) Trump

Votes: 33 80.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trump accusing other of being under the Putin thumb is the absolute height of both irony and hypocrisy.

If Putin crossed his legs it would cause Trump to bite his own tongue.

You don't have the slightest verifiable proof that Trump is under Putin's thumb. If you do, present it here right now!

The military taught me many things, integrity being one of the core values. Its a shame Trump is not more of a man in that respect. At least you can admit you prefer to wallow in BS in your little rant on leftist, though it does little for your cause.

I see the reality of the situation and have hedged my bets. Your continuous harping on Trump won't change that.

well, why would ANY president state such a thing?

Then, consider why Trump would say such a thing?

Where there is smoke there is fire & Trump is dumb enuff to keep fanning the flames; he is a ****ing moron .......

When it comes to Merkel, I hope she keels over and dies. That stupid bitch has ****ed Germany for decades to come, and made a personal profit on it.

You don't have the slightest verifiable proof that Trump is under Putin's thumb. If you do, present it here right now!

Yes, other than the events of the past two years which have been widely reported on, his invitation to the Russians to get elected, his campaigns collision with the Russians to help him get elected, his own repeated statements, his criminal cover up and denial of the Russian interference in our election, his eagerness to remove sanctions against Russia and stall to enforce those passed by Congress, and his recent attacks on NATO and our allies which strengthens Russias hand - right - I have no proof at all. :doh:roll:

Yes, other than the events of the past two years which have been widely reported on, his invitation to the Russians to get elected, his campaigns collision with the Russians to help him get elected, his own repeated statements, his criminal cover up and denial of the Russian interference in our election, his eagerness to remove sanctions against Russia and stall to enforce those passed by Congress, and his recent attacks on NATO and our allies which strengthens Russias hand - right - I have no proof at all. :doh:roll:

Please, I want a detailed list with verifiable sources, not your lame opinions.

When it comes to Merkel, I hope she keels over and dies. That stupid bitch has ****ed Germany for decades to come, and made a personal profit on it.

one could say the same for many others, including our current batch of bull**** in DC ...........

Please, I want a detailed list with verifiable sources, not your lame opinions.

I charge $200.00 an hour for private tutoring to educate the ignorant. Want to set something up?

One of the textbooks you will be asked to buy and then read is RUSSIAN ROULETTE by Isikoff and Corn. You may have seen it atop the Best Seller list recently. It provides 300 pages of evidence of the ties between Trump and Russia.

Then you will be asked to read the reports of our intelligence agencies coming to the conclusion that the Russians interfered in our election to get Trump elected.

Do you think you can handle those two reading assignments?

Then you can read THE PLOT TO DESTROY AMERICAN DEMOCRACY by security expert Malcolm Nance. It should open your eyes.

And to put it all in its proper historical and political context, you will then be asked to read HOW DEMOCRACIES DIE by Harvard political scientists Levitsky & Ziblatt.

You will be a busy person.... but a much better informed one.

Last edited:

a typical putlerist,

Frau Merkel and Germany the most popular politician and country in the world today, where your the red clown is today?

a typical putlerist,

Frau Merkel and Germany the most popular politician and country in the world today, where your the red clown is today?

That's a lot of horse****.

Germany is paying Russia good money, no?

Why would you want to repeat the murder of good Americans at the hands of terrorists? That’s a really sad path to follow just out of political spite. Maybe that sick type of loyalty to party and partisanship over country is why Liberal Democrats keep losing elections...

You saying Terrorist did the killing!
I thought with all the investigation it had to be Hillary in the dining room with the candle stick!

It's so wonderful that the world hasn't got so callous,that there is still citizens as naive as you appear to be!

It's so wonderful that the world hasn't got so callous,that there is still citizens as naive as you appear to be!

My statement goes for you too. You haven't present one iota of evidence.

I see the reality of the situation and have hedged my bets. Your continuous harping on Trump won't change that.

Im not here to change your mind. Its obvious you have been aasimilated into the Trump cult, enjoy his zero integrity.

It's a stupid thing to say because we know Russia is highly reliant on gas export for income and therefore highly reliant on Germany, it's a two-way street and likely serves as an insurance policy for both countries.

I find it laughable that he could even think his statement makes any impression on either Russia or Germany
What's more, Germany's gas imports come (currently) at around 30 pct from the Netherlands, 20 pct from Norway, around 3 pct from "others" and 7 pct are from own resource. Thus Russia supplies around 40 pct of Germany's gas needs but the total of gas (from wherever) makes for only around a quarter of overall German consumption.

LOL!!

What will ANYBODY do if Russia cuts Germany off from their gas in the dead of winter? Hmmm? Will Germany attack Russia? Will NATO attack Russia?

No. Everyone...except Russia...will cry. That's all.
rather silly scenario being painted here, Germany will simply buy the (round about) 40 pct share of total imports that Russia covers from elsewhere. And from Qatar would certainly be cheaper than from the US (Trumps wet dream).

And, as mentioned before, that would be around 40 pct of the 25 pct that Germany's energy demand puts in gas. IOW 10 pct of total need.

It would pay you to get your figures right before posting but then again, if your Prez. can't do it, why should you?

Nope, not even close.

As explained in my previous posts.

Yeah, totally dependent is an overstatement. But dependent enough. Trump is right about Germany in general, though. Signing on with Russia for a big energy deal and then only paying 1% of GDP to defend themselves against Russia while we pay a lot more is unacceptable. Let them kick in more for their own defense. I don't see why we are still in the business of defending Europe at all. I do understand defending them after WWII when Europe was weak and needed our help, but they are now rich countries that can defend themselves. Time to close some of those 800+ bases we have around the world and force our "allies" to share the burden a little more. That's prudent and fair to to American taxpayer.

Yeah, totally dependent is an overstatement. But dependent enough. Trump is right about Germany in general, though. Signing on with Russia for a big energy deal and then only paying 1% of GDP to defend themselves against Russia while we pay a lot more is unacceptable. Let them kick in more for their own defense. I don't see why we are still in the business of defending Europe at all. I do understand defending them after WWII when Europe was weak and needed our help, but they are now rich countries that can defend themselves. Time to close some of those 800+ bases we have around the world and force our "allies" to share the burden a little more. That's prudent and fair to to American taxpayer.
I could get into the real reasons for NATO coming into being and the US's primary interests in all of that (benefits of every other NATO member notwithstanding), but I fear it'll just result in nitpicking our way around every block from here to the Lower East, so I won't bother.

Where we are generally on the same page is the need for not just Germany to cough up more but you might also do more of a check on reality rather than accept figures as they are presented by the talking heads.

The talking heads EVERYwhere.

Hint: The percentages we constantly get beaten around the ears with say nothing and you might want to acquaint yourself with what happens to them (contribution in relation to national GDP) when respective economies tank with contributions in real money staying as they are.

Or why do you think a country still doing as badly as Greece is seen to meet the 2 pct criteria (it's actually at 2,27pct right now and the second biggest payer)?

IOW trust only the statistics that you have cooked yourself, which amounts to trusting none at all.

rather silly scenario being painted here, Germany will simply buy the (round about) 40 pct share of total imports that Russia covers from elsewhere. And from Qatar would certainly be cheaper than from the US (Trumps wet dream).

And, as mentioned before, that would be around 40 pct of the 25 pct that Germany's energy demand puts in gas. IOW 10 pct of total need.

It would pay you to get your figures right before posting but then again, if your Prez. can't do it, why should you?

Nobody has said that Germany is totally dependent upon Russian gas, but that 10% of their energy is used by someone. Natural gas is a popular heating energy source. If Russia shuts it off, a lot of Germans are going to get very cold.

Now...you can cite figures all you want. I'm sure those people freezing in the dead of winter will be mollified to know that only 10% of the population is suffering.

Oh...and getting a new supply from elsewhere...while your people are freezing...won't happen quickly. It's always better to plan ahead or not be in a risky position in the first place.

I do find it funny that Trump would accuse anyone of being controlled by Russia. But maybe Putin told him to say that.

I am sure Putin will give Trump some feedback on how well he did during his upcoming annual performance review in Moscow. I bet Trump is really nervous what the boss will say.

I am sure Putin will give Trump feedback on how well he did during his upcoming annual performance review in Moscow. I bet Trump is really nervous what the boss will say.

Yeah, no doubt. Being fired by Putin isn't the same as on the Apprentice. There are more....permanent consequences when Putin fires you.

When citing actual figures in face of frenzied opinions becomes something one gets accused of as being negative, it's time to realize how one has wasted one's time.

So let those impervious to reality have fun with their horror scenario of 10 pct of Germans about to freeze and never mind that instruments to prevent that are already in place (without importing anything from Qatar).

I'm done here.

Back
Top Bottom