• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

They are not Christians

How is any of that proof of God? That's no more proof of God than it is for fairies, leprechauns, or gnomes. It seems you're just making an argument from ignorance fallacy and invoking God as an easy answer and beginning assumption.
No. It took me decades to become a Christian.
(Watch the sarcastic insults)

If you don't believe in God and Creation, then you must have an alternative.
What is it?

I'm not referring to you, and replying to a post from October is pretty lame.
It's a public forum.
Why lame? You responded.
Of course you evaded my question.

If you don't believe in God and Creation, then you must have an alternative.
What is it?
I don't know how we, or the Universe got here.
But I don't see any tangible evidence we were created by your God.
If, as you say, your God exists, present him/her/them.

No God and Creation? That is pretty much the alternative.
There Is nothing about our universe that requires a supernatural creator - as far as we know. Everything tell us that the universe is unimaginably huge, chaotic, and that we are the result of a happy accident - as opposed to a planned creation. If you ask me what I believe, that is what I will say, and call myself an atheist. If you ask me what I can prove, I admit that there is a possibility that such a supernatural being exists - because we cannot prove a negative. I just don’t see any reason to believe it.

Last edited:
I hesitate so say that they are not Christians, however I believe the more nationalistic positions are heresy.

One can remain a Christian and engage in heresy though, as long as they get the basics right.

You are the one making stuff up. He did not say that marriage is exclusively between a man and a woman, nor that marriages could not be between two men or two women.

The passage in which he said "that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female" in Matt 19 is about divorce, and has nothing to do with either homosexuality or how many people can be married. Jesus is saying that any man who divorces his wife to marry another is committing adultery, and that any man who marries a divorced woman also commits adultery.

In fact, later in Matt 19, Jesus explicitly states that the original one-man-one-woman model of marriage isn't for everyone, and gives a few examples.

"All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given. For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it." -Matt 19:11-12

Furthermore, King David was personally given seven wives by God, so the idea that marriage is always supposed to be between "one man and one woman" is obviously a bunch of poppycock.
You clearly don’t understand context or you choose to ignore it. How about the scriptures in Leviticus or the Roman letter pertaining to homosexuality? How can you ignore those?

Honestly it’s dumb on my part to even interact with people like you. But when I read such a transgression and manipulation of scripture I’m forced to call it was it is. Homosexuality is an abomination to God. It’s clear. But it’s your story. You tell it.

How about the scriptures in Leviticus or the Roman letter pertaining to homosexuality?
Yes.
Leviticus certainly does contain wisdoms for the ages.
For example:
Leviticus 25:44-46

“‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly."

Please, Do keep insisting that passages from an ancient book of mythology, that were written back when most people thought solar eclipses were caused by angry gods, are somehow viable today.

Last edited:
You clearly don’t understand context or you choose to ignore it. How about the scriptures in Leviticus or the Roman letter pertaining to homosexuality? How can you ignore those?

Honestly it’s dumb on my part to even interact with people like you. But when I read such a transgression and manipulation of scripture I’m forced to call it was it is. Homosexuality is an abomination to God. It’s clear. But it’s your story. You tell it.

I clearly understand the context, and you clearly do not.

Jesus was explicitly talking about divorce, and not about homosexuality.

King David had a marriage between one man and seven women, in accordance with God's will.

That "marriage is between one man and one woman" nonsense has no Biblical basis. In fact, it directly contradicts scripture.

How about the scriptures in Leviticus

You mean the same Leviticus which commands that you not allow foreigners in your town to work on a Saturday, and that you must kill any caught doing so?

Do you go around killing everyone who works on a Saturday? Do you willfully disobey God by refusing to do so?

Or do you have some selective excuse to ignore Leviticus when it's suits you, but to pretend like it is the eternally binding word of the Almighty when it is convenient for your contrived, tribalistic values?

You mean the same Leviticus which commands that you not allow foreigners in your town to work on a Saturday, and that you must kill any caught doing so?

Do you go around killing everyone who works on a Saturday? Do you willfully disobey God by refusing to do so?

Or do you have some selective excuse to ignore Leviticus when it's suits you, but to pretend like it is the eternally binding word of the Almighty when it is convenient for your contrived, tribalistic values?
Which has zero to do with homosexuality. How about Romans 1? Do you also have a way around that?

You nailed it here.
To my knowledge I have avoided nothing. Please explain how active homosexual behavior is approved by God. I’m waiting.

Which has zero to do with homosexuality.

Homosexuality, eating bacon, and wearing cotton/poly blend tee-shirts were all prohibited according to the YHWH's covenant with Israel.

Many Christians like to selectively cherry-pick verses about homosexuality while ignoring verses about eating bacon and mixing fabrics because it fits their agenda. If the covenant with Israel is not binding to modern Christians, then the verses in Leviticus about homosexuality are no more binding than commandments not to eat bacon, mix fabrics, or kill anyone who works on a Saturday.

To my knowledge I have avoided nothing. Please explain how active homosexual behavior is approved by God. I’m waiting.
When you can present your imaginary supernatural diety, then I'll acknowledge relevance.
Until then, it's all archaic nonsense.

Last edited:
Homosexuality, eating bacon, and wearing cotton/poly blend tee-shirts were all prohibited according to the YHWH's covenant with Israel.

Many Christians like to selectively cherry-pick verses about homosexuality while ignoring verses about eating bacon and mixing fabrics because it fits their agenda. If the covenant with Israel is not binding to modern Christians, then the verses in Leviticus about homosexuality are no more binding than commandments not to eat bacon, mix fabrics, or kill anyone who works on a Saturday.
Don't forget about the Lord's rules on buying Slaves.

I keep things simple and ignore the bible altogether. Too much bs & absurdity in it. Leviticus is a prime example. What's wrong with mixing fabrics? Or eating bacon? Bacon makes everything better 😋
What about fabrics made of bacon? Why is this not a thing?
Biblical "rules" makes no sense.

Last edited:
I don't know how we, or the Universe got here.
But I don't see any tangible evidence we were created by your God.
If, as you say, your God exists, present him/her/them.
You reject Christianity, which you know nothing about.
You accept an alternate to Creation, which you know nothing about.

You're all bias

You reject Christianity, which you know nothing about.
You accept an alternate to Creation, which you know nothing about.

You're all bias
Let me ask you,
Do you really think a guy died on a cross, then came back to life with super human strength?

Do you think it's ok to buy slaves from neighboring countries?

Do you believe we need to kill our neighbors if they shave their faces?

Were you aware that if your testicles get crushed, you are no longer welcome in heaven?

Did you know that you must cut off your wife's hand if she touches the testicles of the man attacking you?

The Bible reads like a book of mythology because it is a book of mythology.

After all these thousands of years, do we yet have any empirical evidence any Gods exist?

We don't.
So, in the final analysis, the only reason your religion survives is because it offers comfort to the delusional and terrifies the weak minded with threats of eternal damnation.
You are correct in one regard,
I'm certainly bias towards reality.

Last edited:
The Far-right religious groups call themselves Christians, but they are not. Everything they stand for is totally against everything that Jesus Christ taught us when he was here on earth. Even their hatred of those not like them violates the creed that Jesus taught. They really think that by limiting what their children read is going to make them the new soldiers of the far right, but their children will end up hating them and leaving their churches as fast as they can. I always think of Jesus telling the little children to come to him. He did not say come to me except you who are gay and not you the one who my father made transgender.
I remember the first time I thought that Christians were a sham. Born into a non church going family, we had Central American exchange students when I was in middle school. One Sunday, shortly after sharing the 'peace be with you' portion of the Catholic service I was standing on the sidewalk as people were leaving the parking lot, one of the attendees had a fit of road rage and was flipping off and cursing at a high volume one of the other people leaving.

At that moment I thought to myself...this is a show, people that say they believe in the building, are just the same as anyone else outside.

How about Romans 1? You keep avoiding Romans 1.

It’s laughable that you would compare eating bacon to defiling the body. That’s no argument.

Back
Top Bottom