• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

the lunch thread

i think that it was green peppers, onions, black olives, and mushrooms.

My daughter had Artichoke, sun dried tomatoes, and mushrooms on hers today......I have been battling the remainder of the flu and a gout flare up; so no such goodies for me today.

My daughter had Artichoke, sun dried tomatoes, and mushrooms on hers today......I have been battling the remainder of the flu and a gout flare up; so no such goodies for me today.

That's a rough combination. I hope that you are on the mend soon.

veggie burger with Swiss cheese
lower salt vegetable noodle soup.

soup was ok. i will say that if i ever have to go low salt, that is going to be difficult for me.

Light life vegetarian ham and Swiss cheese sandwich
Baked cheetos.

Homemade baba ganoush (Arabic eggplant dip), toasted naan bread, sliced tomatoes and black olives. Too much work and tastes pretty much like hummus, so I'll stick with the latter.

Vegetarian ham sandwich with barbecue sauce and marble cheese
Combos.

grilled cheese
most of a cinnamon roll.

#eatwhatchagot

VAaXWmD.jpg

Mandu- pan fried Korean dumplings filled with vegetables, Thai sweet chili sauce, sliced tomatoes on the side.

tomato and basil penne
Fazolis bread stick.

Poached egg
Vegetarian sausage
Mashed potatoes
Peanuts.

Deli beef salami and English mustard on Turkish pita bread. Sliced tomatoes.

yesterday was leftover home made vegetarian sausage and tomato pizza. i'm out of crusts now, but i think that my wife and i are going to try to make our own. we're both pretty decent cooks, so it seems doable.

chickenless dumplings and veggies. it had chicken broth in it, though, so not exactly vegetarian.

Slices of pistachio mortadella, butter toasted Turkish pide bread, goat cheese, romaine lettuce, olive and tomato salad with my homemade balsamic reduction vinaigrette.

Slices of pistachio mortadella, butter toasted Turkish pide bread, goat cheese, romaine lettuce, olive and tomato salad with my homemade balsamic reduction vinaigrette.

you definitely win. i had a bean burrito with mild sauce and wheat thins.

Egg salad sandwich
Baked cheetos.

Grilled cheese sandwich
Potato soup.

Stuffed grape leaves, plain yogurt as a dipping sauce, sliced tomatoes.

Tuna melt sandwich with sliced tomatoes on the side. I was gonna put the tomatoes in the sandwich, but the whole thing would have collapsed while toasting it in the frying pan with butter.

vegetarian turkey and cheese sandwich.

Veggie lasagna.

Supporting our local Chinese place again...

- Eggplant in Garlic Sauce
- Cumin Lamb
- Braised Pig's Trotter
- Beef with Chinese Celery
- Lamb with Green Pepper
- Mala Spicy Pot (fatty beef, beef tendon, beef tripe, beef stomach, lamb)

Most dishes ordered "extra extra extra extra extra extra spicy"

vegetarian ham and Swiss sandwich
cheez-its.

I usually steer clear of supermarket steak. It's usually overpriced and the bare minimum amount of marble to get someone to sign off on it as choice. Imagine my surprise when, after stopping my PO Box, I swing into Shaws and see a pile of well-marbled Porterhouses for $5.77/lb, and a pile of strip steaks I'd grade a hair or two below prime for $7.99/lb.

I ended up buying half of what they had (the rest was the usual: virtually no marbling, with big globs of fat instead of lots of little bands throughout). I will be having a lot of steak in coming weeks. Had to freeze a bunch, obviously.

Lunch: ~1lb strip steak, very well marbled. Medium rare to rare.

veggie pot pie.

Back
Top Bottom