• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

the lunch thread

vegetable pot pie.

vegetable pot pie.

I was off the meat for 4 years. Would have fish occasionally and eggs and cheese regular but one of the main reasons going back was the lack of variety.

It seemed as if the day I went back to meat was the day every brand new non meat dish came to market.

Now I’m back off it and while the variety is better, I’m talking fast prepared type stuff obviously, it doesn’t seem as abundant as when I was eating meat.

This veggie pot pie that you had. Perfect example. No where to be found back in the day. Have a steak and boom! 2 rows of them. Now? Nowhere.

Frustrating!

I was off the meat for 4 years. Would have fish occasionally and eggs and cheese regular but one of the main reasons going back was the lack of variety.

It seemed as if the day I went back to meat was the day every brand new non meat dish came to market.

Now I’m back off it and while the variety is better, I’m talking fast prepared type stuff obviously, it doesn’t seem as abundant as when I was eating meat.

This veggie pot pie that you had. Perfect example. No where to be found back in the day. Have a steak and boom! 2 rows of them. Now? Nowhere.

Frustrating!

only one place around here has that one, so i get it whenever i go there. it's really good, and has fake meat chunks in it that taste like meat if you haven't had it for a while. i'm currently looking around for some vegetarian chili for my fake hot dogs. that's good fall food. i'll probably just make it myself if i can't find it. i've found a staple of meat substitutes including cold cuts now. they vary in quality.

as for going on and off meat, i haven't ruled out fish, though i don't currently eat it. i've got a kiddo now, and if the restaurant is still open, we will be going to Red Lobster or another fish place eventually.

All you can eat chicken hearts on a skewer.

Bean burrito
Bean enchilada
Mexican rice
Chips and salsa.

My aunt from AZ flew in to join us until Thanksgiving and she brought along loads of cactus candy. My son (who doesnt like sweets- I think I went overboard in raising him to eat healthy) didnt want it so I ended up eating a whole box and nothing else for lunch. Now I feel sick. :2sick1:

My aunt from AZ flew in to join us until Thanksgiving and she brought along loads of cactus candy. My son (who doesnt like sweets- I think I went overboard in raising him to eat healthy) didnt want it so I ended up eating a whole box and nothing else for lunch. Now I feel sick. :2sick1:

Ha ha one of those "do as I say not as I do".

I had a Yogurt with raw oats on top.

Leftover tofu Pad Thai.

Vegetarian salami and cheese sandwich with mayo and garden tomato slices
Pretzel chips.

Bean burger
Small order of onion rings.

One of the benefits of being in a melting pot city!
Today in Houston it is cold and raining, my wife and I went to a place
that serves hot bowls of Pho.
Pho-closeup-copy-855x570.jpg

chik patty (vegetarian) on a pretzel roll with Chick Fil A sauce
garlic and herb Flips pretzel crackers

if i've ever had that sauce, it was a long time ago. it was pretty good. not wait an hour at a drive through good, but good. luckily, my wife stockpiles it.

Ha ha one of those "do as I say not as I do".

I had a Yogurt with raw oats on top.

Yeah, I grew up with a sweet tooth and I didnt want him to be the same, now he drinks only water and doesnt like candy, cakes and will only eat chicken and fish and all veggies.

For lunch today: hammed turkey sandwich with pepper jack cheese, mayo and mustard. Isreali salad.

sure as hell not Chic fil A....

Left over chow mein...

vegetarian ham sandwich with light mayo and deli colby jack
small order of onion rings with ketchup

Cheese pizza slice
Bread stick with cheese.

leftover vegetarian turkey sandwich with cheese and Miracle Whip.

vegetarian ham sandwich with cheese and Miracle Whip on a bun
salt and vinegar chips with ketchup.

One of my homemade Turkey pot pies.

My sous vide to cook the steak, this to sear it:
2019-12-12.jpg

Equaled my lunch!

20191213_103628.jpg

pesto tortellini
bread stick with cheese.

Went to a local diner with the family.

Pancakes w/ syrup
Scrambled egg
Hash brown.

An apple with some lemon honey tea (Im reserving my appetite for tonight's Christmas Eve dinner).

vegetarian chicken sandwich with Swiss cheese and Miracle Whip
garlic pretzel crisps.

Back
Top Bottom