• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The election is over. [W:593]

Re: The election is over.

It looks like I don't have to; you'll just make mine up for me. :lamo

Hey! You're that empty chair Clint was talking to, what's up.

Apparently the winner of the past 15 popular vote elections(Al Gore skews it away from being classified as "election") have all had leads 2 weeks after both DNC and RNC...so approx. 2 weeks time could give us our answer

Apparently the winner of the past 15 popular vote elections(Al Gore skews it away from being classified as "election") have all had leads 2 weeks after both DNC and RNC...so approx. 2 weeks time could give us our answer

Oh hey I was right, and to add insult to injury, the wild thing that happened was Romney failing even more... oh well, better luck in 2016.

Unless something wild happens before Nov. the game is over. The GOP failed to convince enough people their platform is better.

Hope you guys fix your platform and come up with something reasonable in 2016. I'm really tired of the Democrats being the only game in town.

I think Republicans have 4 more years to make a 180 to save themselves.

First they need to realize that the reason they're losing now is not because their candidate isn't "conservative enough". It's because their candidate is way too conservative.

Unless the Republican party really fix themselves up in four years, which to be honest and realistic, I find highly unlikely. They'll be in deep waters if they lose the next election and I'm really hoping for a new better party to take their place.

In the end I wish this country and the world the best, whatever the party may be named. It's the ideology and execution that counts not the color or the name.

Unless something wild happens before Nov. the game is over. The GOP failed to convince enough people their platform is better.

Hope you guys fix your platform and come up with something reasonable in 2016. I'm really tired of the Democrats being the only game in town.

:lol: yeah. because the average voter pays attention to party platforms :lol:

Oh hey I was right, and to add insult to injury, the wild thing that happened was Romney failing even more... oh well, better luck in 2016.

That's fine with me...I think at some point Romney had a chance-he just didn't play his cards right

There isn't a person in this group that would keep their job if they had the results that Obama has four years after taking the job and yet supporters ignore those results and want to give him four more years.

In addition if anyone here had actually hiring responsibility and given the resume of Obama and Romney they would choose Romney for a management position and send Obama back to the streets of Chicago.

All this discussion of platforms mean nothing in the real world where results actually matter. why would anyone vote to re-elect a President that added 5.4 trillion to the debt in 4 years, has more unemployed than when he took office, has more on food stamps and below the poverty level than when he took office, has declining GDP growth(2.4%-2010, 1.85%-2011, 1.3%-2012), lies to us about every issue including continuing to blame Bush for the resutls today?

There isn't a person in this group that would keep their job if they had the results that Obama has four years after taking the job and yet supporters ignore those results and want to give him four more years.

In addition if anyone here had actually hiring responsibility and given the resume of Obama and Romney they would choose Romney for a management position and send Obama back to the streets of Chicago.

All this discussion of platforms mean nothing in the real world where results actually matter. why would anyone vote to re-elect a President that added 5.4 trillion to the debt in 4 years, has more unemployed than when he took office, has more on food stamps and below the poverty level than when he took office, has declining GDP growth(2.4%-2010, 1.85%-2011, 1.3%-2012), lies to us about every issue including continuing to blame Bush for the resutls today?

Please quit acting like the corporate world is a meritocracy. I saw first hand how they reward substandard performance as long as it's by a member of their good ol' boy network. I worked for the world's largest commercial printer for more than a decade. At one point in the 90s we had a CEO whose main qualification was he had married one of the largest stockholders. Over his tenure the company went from record profits each quarter to mediocre performance and was constantly mired in anti-trust cases from attempted acquisitions we had no need of. Eventually, enough was enough and the company paid him off to leave. To add the crowning touch to this tale of incompetence richly rewarded, ATT hired him as their CEO within a month.

It's going to take a hell of a lot more moxie than Romney has to take down the Left. Paul Ryan should be running for president, not his "John McCain 2.0 version" running mate.

Please quit acting like the corporate world is a meritocracy. I saw first hand how they reward substandard performance as long as it's by a member of their good ol' boy network. I worked for the world's largest commercial printer for more than a decade. At one point in the 90s we had a CEO whose main qualification was he had married one of the largest stockholders. Over his tenure the company went from record profits each quarter to mediocre performance and was constantly mired in anti-trust cases from attempted acquisitions we had no need of. Eventually, enough was enough and the company paid him off to leave. To add the crowning touch to this tale of incompetence richly rewarded, ATT hired him as their CEO within a month.

I spent 35 years in the corporate world and never did I see someone with the results of Obama keep their job however you are going to find exceptions but never one this important. Obama doesn't deserve his job and most thinking individuals understand that.

It's going to take a hell of a lot more moxie than Romney has to take down the Left. Paul Ryan should be running for president, not his "John McCain 2.0 version" running mate.

McCain 2.0? Didn't know McCain had a private AND public sector resume and experience? In 2008 we had two people who never held a private sector job running for President, today we have one candidate that never had a private sector job and has the results to show that vs. one who has. It is a easy choice. I didn't vote for Obama because of his resume and won't vote for him because of his record. I will be voting for Romney because of his resume and his record.

I spent 35 years in the corporate world and never did I see someone with the results of Obama keep their job however you are going to find exceptions but never one this important. Obama doesn't deserve his job and most thinking individuals understand that.

Maybe you are intentionally overlooking how poor performance is regularly rewarded. How many top executives made fortunes running the American auto industry into the ground? Look at the financial sector and show me examples where any widespread accountability was applied to people who brought us top the brink of disaster. I read once that the single factor the Fortune 500 CEOs had most in common was they had been members of college fraternities. It is easy to believe since that is the way they treat their profession, once you're in you're in for life.

Maybe you are intentionally overlooking how poor performance is regularly rewarded. How many top executives made fortunes running the American auto industry into the ground? Look at the financial sector and show me examples where any widespread accountability was applied to people who brought us top the brink of disaster. I read once that the single factor the Fortune 500 CEOs had most in common was they had been members of college fraternities. It is easy to believe since that is the way they treat their profession, once you're in you're in for life.

Probably not as many as Union bosses but that point is irrelevant, the American Auto industry as been at the mercy of the unions for decades and Obama's take over of GM saved the unions and their bosses.

You want accountability for the disaster we had in 2008, look to Tim Geithner and Larry Summers who ended upon the Administration, where is your outrage?

I dont' think Mitt became rich by being stupid.He has a trump card and will play it when the time is right.Do you remember the story of the Hare and the Turtle?

Probably not as many as Union bosses but that point is irrelevant, the American Auto industry as been at the mercy of the unions for decades and Obama's take over of GM saved the unions and their bosses.

You want accountability for the disaster we had in 2008, look to Tim Geithner and Larry Summers who ended upon the Administration, where is your outrage?

And that is typical of how the executives always find a way to blame those beneath them for the failure of the company. Your focus on results sure didn't last long. A big part of the collapse of the auto industry had nothing to do with their labor situation but resulted from poor designs that no one wanted and the decision to tie the companies' fortunes to low gas mileage monsters that people couldn't afford to drive when gas prices spiked. Similarly, no one held a gun to the heads of the big banks and forced them to make the decisions they did. It was done purely to maximize short term profit and when the house of cards fell apart the people responsible either popped their golden parachutes or just moved on to another company and started again.

I dont' think Mitt became rich by being stupid.He has a trump card and will play it when the time is right.Do you remember the story of the Hare and the Turtle?

Mitt became rich by being born rich and the son of a former governor.

Mitt became rich by being born rich and the son of a former governor.

You may be one of the more misinformed posters in this forum and continue to buy the liberal lies. Please do some research and see what Romney did with his inheritence?

And that is typical of how the executives always find a way to blame those beneath them for the failure of the company. Your focus on results sure didn't last long. A big part of the collapse of the auto industry had nothing to do with their labor situation but resulted from poor designs that no one wanted and the decision to tie the companies' fortunes to low gas mileage monsters that people couldn't afford to drive when gas prices spiked. Similarly, no one held a gun to the heads of the big banks and forced them to make the decisions they did. It was done purely to maximize short term profit and when the house of cards fell apart the people responsible either popped their golden parachutes or just moved on to another company and started again.

What does any of that have to do with the thread topic other than to divert from the reasons to not support Obama? There is a lot of blame to go around but none of it sticks to Obama, the new Teflon President. It is the Obama results on the ballot in November or at least it should be. Obama continues to lie to you and all his supporters and you continue to bend over and take it.

You may be one of the more misinformed posters in this forum and continue to buy the liberal lies. Please do some research and see what Romney did with his inheritence?

Disappointed I don't buy your elitist lies? Where did I mention his inheritance? His father's connections alone would have been enough to open doors most people couldn't. Pretty much the same way a failed CEO can get another multi million dollar position without any trouble.

What does any of that have to do with the thread topic other than to divert from the reasons to not support Obama? There is a lot of blame to go around but none of it sticks to Obama, the new Teflon President. It is the Obama results on the ballot in November or at least it should be. Obama continues to lie to you and all his supporters and you continue to bend over and take it.

Because you said in the corporate world results are what matter. That is a lie. You are attempting to apply a false standard which wouldn't even be valid if the business world didn't revolve more around connections than performance. A CEO doesn't have to deal with anything like Congress where it is virtually assured anything you will attempt will be opposed by somewhere close to 50% of it's members. Neither has any corporate executive had to deal with something on the scale and complexity of the worst economic crash in 70+ years. Companies that face the kind of obstacles Obama has generally just declare bankruptcy.

Disappointed I don't buy your elitist lies? Where did I mention his inheritance? His father's connections alone would have been enough to open doors most people couldn't. Pretty much the same way a failed CEO can get another multi million dollar position without any trouble.

Aw, yes, elitist lies? There is no question that connections can open doors but it is results that keeps you employed. Obama lacks the positive results that Romney has and therein lies the difference. Name for me one lie I posted about the Obama record?

Because you said in the corporate world results are what matter. That is a lie. You are attempting to apply a false standard which wouldn't even be valid if the business world didn't revolve more around connections than performance. A CEO doesn't have to deal with anything like Congress where it is virtually assured anything you will attempt will be opposed by somewhere close to 50% of it's members. Neither has any corporate executive had to deal with something on the scale and complexity of the worst economic crash in 70+ years. Companies that face the kind of obstacles Obama has generally just declare bankruptcy.

Your opinion is noted as you stereotype an entire corporate world based upon perception. It is no different in the private and public sector that leadership matters. There are always going to be people opposed to a particular policy but the responsibility of a leader is to bring sides together for a common cause. I know of no conservative today that buys the Obama vision and direction he is taking this country. Our Founders have to be turning over in their graves and yet people like you who believe you are experts on every subject always ignore the Obama record and that direction he is taking us

Back
Top Bottom