• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The election is over. [W:593]

Verax

Disappointed in Trump
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Unless something wild happens before Nov. the game is over. The GOP failed to convince enough people their platform is better.

Hope you guys fix your platform and come up with something reasonable in 2016. I'm really tired of the Democrats being the only game in town.

Re: The election is over.

michael moore disagrees
he believes the demo turnout will be much weaker than that of the republicans
giving the edge to romney
and based on the sentiment that i am hearing, his prediction does not seem invalid

michael moore disagrees
he believes the demo turnout will be much weaker than that of the republicans
giving the edge to romney
and based on the sentiment that i am hearing, his prediction does not seem invalid

Overall the election will be the lowest turnout % ever.

I guess I'll just wait until after the election to give my prediction. Then I'll be sure I'm totally right. :mrgreen:

Unless something wild happens before Nov. the game is over. The GOP failed to convince enough people their platform is better.

Hope you guys fix your platform and come up with something reasonable in 2016. I'm really tired of the Democrats being the only game in town.

the debates haven't even happened yet. it's way too early to call this one.

however, i agree with you about the GOP platform. there are a couple planks there that i could not support. most importantly, the anti-gay stuff.

The only way the GOP will win is if they step off their ridiculous authoritarian social views and center them. This election should be about the economy and not women and homosexuals. Both of those should be non-issues anyway I mean Jesus Christ we are in the 21st century people.

Wow. I've had dates finish more prematurely than the OP.

Looks not so good for Mitt. It's not him so much, it's his parties platform thats turning people off.

Obusha ain't much of a President but he is the devil you know.

I'll be voting 3rd party for the first time in my life.

These figures are as of 2:55 PM PST
Barack Obama to be re-elected President in 2012
57.7%
CHANCE
Last prediction was: $5.77 / share
Today's Change: +$0.07 (+1.2%)

Mitt Romney to be elected President in 2012
42.3%
CHANCE
Last prediction was: $4.23 / share
Today's Change: -$0.07 (-1.6%)

Last edited:

The vibe im getting from people at work etc is that most people are past caring about this one! Ready to wash their hands of it all!

the election isn't over until November and all votes are counted. Until then all such statements are demonstrably false.

Bookmarking this thread, after the election I'll be sure to dig it up again :)

How do you know this? Have you even looked at the Republican Platform? I'd guess that answer would be "no."

How do you know this? Have you even looked at the Republican Platform? I'd guess that answer would be "no."

Many people harbor tremendous negativity towards banker / investment type individuals, of which Romney is. The trickle down economics argument is stale and reviled, this is not enticing for most of America, most do not get excited by this whatsoever, they roll their eyes.

Many people are frightened by social conservative ideals.

IMO the conservative platform is just too far out there for swing voters. That is why I believe its already over, its unlikely they'll be able to win over too many more people with ideas that many consider extremist / dangerous. With a more reasonable, moderate, realistic platform, they could still win, but that's not the case.

the debates haven't even happened yet. it's way too early to call this one.

however, i agree with you about the GOP platform. there are a couple planks there that i could not support. most importantly, the anti-gay stuff.

I agree with you. It's way too early to predict the outcome of the elections. Obama is a master in debates and very quick witted. Romney is good if he stays on message, but he got flustered a few times during the GOP debates. Ryan is a smooth talker against Biden's raw nature. That should be very interesting.

The winner will be the candidate that has spent the most money the day of the election. I guarantee it.

I want to like this post... but I don't like it. I agree with it, but I don't like it.

I agree with you. It's way too early to predict the outcome of the elections. Obama is a master in debates and very quick witted. Romney is good if he stays on message, but he got flustered a few times during the GOP debates. Ryan is a smooth talker against Biden's raw nature. That should be very interesting.

i agree that the debates will be interesting. Obama and Romney are both intelligent and capable debaters. the VP debate should be one to watch, as well.

What else do you expect from the party of George W Bush and Sarah Palin???? The GOP needs to disavow people like Palin and Bush and give themselves a total overhaul, instead of just forgetting to invite them to the RNC but then continuing to promote their beliefs.

What else do you expect from the party of George W Bush and Sarah Palin???? The GOP needs to disavow people like Palin and Bush and give themselves a total overhaul, instead of just forgetting to invite them to the RNC but then continuing to promote their beliefs.

I see you're one of those libs who enjoyed it when the liberal media attacked Sarah Palin. Bush was a great president who was elected twice and defended us from the Afghan and Iraqi Muslims who attacked us on 9/11.

Sounds like a loser. Thanks, but we don't take advice from the opposition.

I see you're one of those libs who enjoyed it when the liberal media attacked Sarah Palin. Bush was a great president who was elected twice and defended us from the Afghan and Iraqi Muslims who attacked us on 9/11.

It's like the facts don't even matter to you. Which one of the 9/11 terrorists were Afghan OR Iraqi? :)

Many people harbor tremendous negativity towards banker / investment type individuals, of which Romney is. The trickle down economics argument is stale and reviled, this is not enticing for most of America, most do not get excited by this whatsoever, they roll their eyes.

Many people are frightened by social conservative ideals.

IMO the conservative platform is just too far out there for swing voters. That is why I believe its already over, its unlikely they'll be able to win over too many more people with ideas that many consider extremist / dangerous. With a more reasonable, moderate, realistic platform, they could still win, but that's not the case.

Verax,

You are making the dubious point of focusing on the supposed extremist agenda of the Republicans when it is an incontrovertible fact that Obama's "big govt" nanny state is a total failure: having America with more people out of a job NOW than when Obama took office, 23 MILLION unemployed, people on food stamps almost doubled (tripled ?) and gas prices definitely doubled even though the Alaska Keynote Pipeline and other American gas and oil development have been and are rejected...... which would've created hundreds of thousands of jobs, and energy independence from our enemies. Especially contemptible is the Obama agenda of resorting to such outrageous LIES accusing Romney of being a murderer, and felon, demonizing Romney's eminently successful BAIN Corporation (acknowledged by Clinton and other top Dem personas as being a "sterling enterprise".

America is supposedly a center right country with only ~20% committed ultra liberals. However, it is going to be difficult for anyone to win a Presidential Election against Obama who even though he is a blatant monumental mendacious fraud has the overwhelming advantage of having locked up the Black Racist vote, and bought off (1) the Latino vote, (2) The powerful unions. And, flagrantly pandering to young women, and college types by telling them that everything they want they can get.

The latest vote grabbing exploit of Obama by catering to the Muslim vote (USA population ~ 8 million) is most troubling of all. The Obama Agenda is not only supporting the Muslim Terrorist Front Organization of CAIR, by having their representatives in high positions in Homeland Security, and lecturing our various government agencies, and the Military....... but dropping this thinly veiled Muslim Terrorist Front created by TWO of the Hamas leaders: Omar Ahmad, and Nihad Awad (google: acknowledged as such by the FBI) ....have now arrogantly accepted blatant Al Queda and Hamas imams and other flagrantly outspoken anti-American imams as major Dem Party keynote speakers at different rallies with some consternation by the DNC chairman Debbie Wasserman Shultz who is a jew.

Some additional info on the above:

Democrats Embrace Siraj Wahhaj: Supporter of Cop-Killer, Al Qaeda and Hamas

Posted by Laura L. Rubenfeld Bio ↓ on Aug 29th, 2012 Comments ↓

In just a few days, the Democratic National Convention “kick off events” week will include its first ever “Jumah (Arabic for gathering) at the DNC” – three Islamic-centered events beginning with a Friday afternoon prayer and sermon, an evening Islamic banquet and an all-day Islamic festival.

Many of the individuals scheduled to speak during the DNC week have extremely spurious backgrounds, including, astonishingly, support for Al Qaeda and for the U.S. State Department-designated terrorist organization, Hamas.

Additional info:

Wahhaj defended Hampton-El (Rashid), whom he said he knew for 10 years, as “one of the most respected brothers” in his at-Taqwa congregation. [xxix] Wahhaj said everyone in the congregation sought out Hampton-El for advice.

Two more at-Taqwa congregants aided the Blind Sheikh. One was a bomb-maker named El Gabrowny. El Gabrowny’s cousin, Nosair, was charged with the assassination of the founder of the Jewish Defense League. A search in El Gabrowny’s home revealed taped messages from Nosair urging violence and jihad: “Without fighting there will not be justice on earth. … We cannot establish God’s rules on earth except by fighting.” [xxx] Once again, Imam Wahhaj testified during the trial, where he expressed flattering admiration of El Gabrowny. [xxxi] Ibrahim El-Gabrowny was sentenced to 57 years in prison. [xxxii]

Another At-Taqwa congregant was Siddig Ibrahim Siddig Ali, a diplomat of the Sudanese Mission to the UN whom federal authorities described as the “ring leader” [xxxiii] in the World Trade Center attack. Siddig Ali told an FBI informant that “he ha[d] connections that [would] allow him to drive a car carrying a bomb into a parking lot in the United Nations building.” [xxxiv] He also conspired to carry out attacks in Israel and expressed racist views, calling Jews “sons of monkeys and pigs.” He avowed, “The sword is to be absolutely used and implemented. This is as a principle.” [xxxv]

And howzabout this:

Siraj Wahhaj Expresses Pride to Be on a List of Alleged Terrorists

Imam Siraj Wahhaj was alleged to be associated with the terrorist cabal organizing the 1993 World Trade Center bomb plot. For that reason, his name was included on a list of the 172 unindicted co-conspirators in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. Soon after, Wahhaj commented during one of his at-Taqwa sermons, “I’m not frightened by no list, by no government! I thank Allah. I’m honored that they thought enough of me to put me on a list.” [xxxvii]

Siraj Wahhaj’s Self-proclaimed Support for U.S.-based Al Qaeda Operatives

Rafik Abdus Sabir and Tarik Shah are two terror operatives, indicted in 2005 for plotting to open an Al Qaeda training camp in the U.S. Both Sabir and Shah had sworn allegiance to Osama Bin Laden. [xxxviii] Sabir, a Columbia University-educated medical doctor in Boca Raton, Florida, pledged that he would fly to Saudi Arabia to provide medical aid and train Al Qaeda terrorists. The other operative, Tarik Shah, was the son of a former Malcolm X aide[xxxix] and was also himself associated with the Nation of Islam. [xl] At a 2005 CAIR Banquet in Georgia, Siraj Wahhaj showed support for these two men.

Now, Mr Verax.......tell me about the "extremist" positions of the Republicans.

Last edited:

Overall the election will be the lowest turnout % ever.

Possibly true overall ... but definately true for the Dims. The Kenyan made their HOPES change. Even Clint said so last night. There will always be die-hard Dims, my father was one, and the majority of the Dim turnout will be those diehards.

On the other hand, I expect the Republican turnout to be rather large. They have had enought of the Kenyan.

A L

Back
Top Bottom