• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The election is over. [W:593]

Re: The election is over.

Being a buffoon does not negate REALITY.

For Obama Surrogates my reply to HairyDic applies to your nonsense.

Which "nonsense" is that, exactly?

Debates arent about oratory skills, however. They are about being able to make a concise answer in a short period of time. Obama, if you notice his press conferences, has a tendancy to filibuster and ramble on and on. That wont serve him well in a debate. Plus, all Romney has to do is what Obama had to do 4 years ago against McCain--appear electable. He doesnt have to win, he just has to show himslef to be an acceptable alternative.

A for Ryan/Biden, Biden cant compete with Ryans detailed knowledge of the issues so he wont even try. He will probaly just repeat a few tired platitudes and refer constantly to what "our plan" will do and hope to get out without embarassing himself.

Image is everything..Romney has not provided a trust worthy image. Hiding taxes, no real platform, and flip flopping aren't exactly the best presidential qualities.

If you think Biden won't be well versed in debunking Ryan rhetoric you're mistaken. Ryan, when uncontested sounds good(he is a good speaker) but the problem is he lacks actual REALISTIC substance..Key word being realistic.

do you think that his teleprompter would have let him say: "you didn't build it" or " we need to redistribute the wealth" ? When he ad libs he shows us what he really believes and his marxist tendencies come out.

"You didn't build it" refers to the countries infrastructure(roads bridges). If Romney or Ryan brings that line up out of context just as you have the democrats will not hesitate to re-extinguish that misquotation and make the accuser look foolish.

Barring some really bad information coming out about Romney, I see no reason why he will not win. I fully expect that they will outspend Obama at least three or four to one over the last month. We will see an onslaught of media ads and commercials which make the 2004 Swift Boat slander look like a Sunday picnic given by the little Sisters of the Poor for handicapped orphans. It will be that bad and that effective.

Barring some really bad information coming out about Romney, I see no reason why he will not win. I fully expect that they will outspend Obama at least three or four to one over the last month. We will see an onslaught of media ads and commercials which make the 2004 Swift Boat slander look like a Sunday picnic given by the little Sisters of the Poor for handicapped orphans. It will be that bad and that effective.
That is quite a statement, haymarket. You feeling OK?

That is quite a statement, haymarket. You feeling OK?

That's what happens when you replace reality with what you want it to be.

What you're saying here is that if Romney can outspend his opponent, he will slander him. I don't like the insinuation. There are a lot of voters who are disappointed with the President and may not be willing to give him another four years. If Obama loses, it won't be because that rich white guy was mean to him.

Let's watch the DNC and see what the themes will be.

Let's see . . . making things up about the minds of others you have absolutely no knowledge of.

What else can we do with that?

Everyone finds me devastatingly handsome; women everywhere want me; men want to be me.

Yep, that must be true, because I said so on a message board.

Apparently you don't understand. Obama is firmly in the lead, unless that changes, its over. The RNC was nothing special. What about the current situation don't you understand? My other points spoke to how out there the Republican platform is. You guys could have won if it wasn't ridiculous, but you've radicalized your base, so now you have no choice but to keep singing that tune while you lose the general election.

Don't be mad at me because its what happened.

Apparently you don't understand. Obama is firmly in the lead, unless that changes, its over. The RNC was nothing special. What about the current situation don't you understand? My other points spoke to how out there the Republican platform is. You guys could have won if it wasn't ridiculous, but you've radicalized your base, so now you have no choice but to keep singing that tune while you lose the general election.

I see.

Well, considering the actual point of my post flew stratospherically over your head, I won't bother to try to disabuse you of your semi-coherent rantings in this post; not much profit in expending the energy. Carry on, old chap.

I see.

Well, considering the actual point of my post flew stratospherically over your head, I won't bother to try to disabuse you of your semi-coherent rantings in this post; not much profit in expending the energy. Carry on, old chap.

The point of your post, that I don't know what other people think? Its called polls, its called reading, its called analyzing the situation. You don't know about these things?

The point of your post, that I don't know what other people think? Its called polls, its called reading, its called analyzing the situation. You don't know about these things?

Right, polls you read before any actually came out. :roll:

Right, polls you read before any actually came out. :roll:

So what you're saying is that things are going to change. Why don't you tell me why they will change? Why don't you argue that instead of this silly round and round crap pretending the current state is meaningless.

So what you're saying is that things are going to change.

I don't even know how to correspond with someone who just makes things up freely. No communication is possible.

He is NOT firmly in the lead. the latest polls have Romney up by 3-5 points or in a dead heat. obama is not in the lead, he is on the ropes about to be knocked out.

Unless something wild happens before Nov. the game is over. The GOP failed to convince enough people their platform is better.

Hope you guys fix your platform and come up with something reasonable in 2016. I'm really tired of the Democrats being the only game in town.

Here here! I'm waiting for the Republicans to scuttle the right-wing and get back to responsible politics. What we need now is another Dwight Eisenhower.

My bets are on Obama..but the DNC and debates give us a better scope of what to expect

If Obama, having the last "at bat" cannot fire up his base during the DNC and the weeks that follow, I think we may be congratulating President-Elect Romney come November.

The dems seem to be hibernating. The peanut gallery has been mighty quiet as of late. Is it because Bush Corp., is already gone (and Palin is too) that was their main motivation for coming out last election? Is it because Obama has yet to go full throttle with his stadium filling rock star tour and his elequent silver tongue rhetoric?

The presidential debates should be interesting. I think most likely Obama will tear Romney a new asshole. But even still, if the dems lay up on election night playing video games and watching TV, Mitt may walk right in to the oval office.

If Obama, having the last "at bat" cannot fire up his base during the DNC and the weeks that follow, I think we may be congratulating President-Elect Romney come November.

The dems seem to be hibernating. The peanut gallery has been mighty quiet as of late. Is it because Bush is already gone and that was their main motivation for coming out last election? Is it because Obama has yet to go full throttle with his stadium filling rock star tour and his elequent silver tongue rhetoric?

The presidential debates should be interesting. I think most likely Obama will tear Romney a new asshole. But even still, if the dems lay up on election night playing video games and watching TV, Mitt may walk right in to the oval office.

I agree with everything but the debate comment. Obama did not tear McCain a new a-hole, and McCain is a terrible debater. The problem for obama this time is that he has a record that must be addressed. last time he was just the black messiah come to save black pride and eliminate white guilt

The dems seem to be hibernating. The peanut gallery has been mighty quiet as of late. Is it because Bush is already gone and that was their main motivation for coming out last election? Is it because Obama has yet to go full throttle with his stadium filling rock star tour and his elequent silver tongue rhetoric?

speaking of the stadium,I wonder if they'll be able to fill it up this time.Would be rather embarrassing if there are lots of empty seats.

speaking of the stadium,I wonder if they'll be able to fill it up this time.Would be rather embarrassing if there are lots of empty seats.

first they will give tickets away, then they will pay people to fill the seats, then they will tell them when to applaud. If they applaud at the correct times they will get more money. then they will pay them to vote as they are instructed.

Have no doubt, the dems will do everything they can to buy and steal this election. Just look at how Franken became a senator if you doubt it.

first they will give tickets away, then they will pay people to fill the seats, then they will tell them when to applaud. If they applaud at the correct times they will get more money. then they will pay them to vote as they are instructed.

Have no doubt, the dems will do everything they can to buy and steal this election. Just look at how Franken became a senator if you doubt it.

ugh Franken...

I don't even know how to correspond with someone who just makes things up freely. No communication is possible.

You're too terrified to actually say anything so you take vague jabs implying various things, then when I call you on it you claim stupidity and take more vague jabs. Don't be afraid to actually make an argument about something.

You're too terrified to actually say anything so you take vague jabs implying various things, then when I call you on it you claim stupidity and take more vague jabs. Don't be afraid to actually make an argument about something.

It looks like I don't have to; you'll just make mine up for me. :lamo

He is NOT firmly in the lead. the latest polls have Romney up by 3-5 points or in a dead heat. obama is not in the lead, he is on the ropes about to be knocked out.

So you wish. If you look at all the polls every day Obama is almost always slightly ahead in all the swing states.

So you wish. If you look at all the polls every day Obama is almost always slightly ahead in all the swing states.
So was Carter in 1980. ...all the way up through October.

Polls can be swayed. They can be biased. They can be flat-out wrong. What counts is when it's just a voter, the voting machine, and his conscience. I mean...looking at those 1980 polls vs. the actual election, a whole lot of folks puffed their chests out saying they wanted the "D" man, but when no one was watching they pulled the "R" lever on election day.

While the odds are against Romney still, predictions like this are ridiculous.

I am also still amused at liberals, unaware they are doing so, using a line Arthur Schlesinger Jr. used back in the 1940s to describe what Republicans need to do to court public opinion.

Back
Top Bottom