• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas legislators file bills aimed at decriminalizing marijuana

Fenton isn't big on personal responsibility.

Im a Conservative, not a Libertarian or a anarchist. You people need to learn the difference.

I understand that Liberty is a two way street. Youre or anyone else's " right " to pickle their brains on a daily basis shouldn't supersede my right to raise my family in a community not inundated with drugs and drug addicts.

I also know addiction doesn't stop and start at the addict, it tears families apart, it tears marriages apart and eventually communities.

If I or others that agree with my position on marijuana legalization live in that community then we should have a say. Why does your or anyone elses expression of Liberty take precedence over all else ?

Im a Conservative, not a Libertarian or a anarchist. You people need to learn the difference.

I understand that Liberty is a two way street. Youre or anyone else's " right " to pickle their brains on a daily basis shouldn't supersede my right to raise my family in a community not inundated with drugs and drug addicts.

I also know addiction doesn't stop and start at the addict, it tears families apart, it tears marriages apart and eventually communities.

If I or others that agree with my position on marijuana legalization live in that community then we should have a say. Why does your or anyone elses expression of Liberty take precedence over all else ?

You aren't big on answering the question of how many people have ever died from overdosing on marijuana.

Oh the horror of a community of people who like cookies and family guy!

MY GOD!

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

This is because the taxes are sky high. In 1994, the feds greatly reduced the taxes, and some provinces did, too - and the black market pretty much went away in those provinces. Unfortunately, the govts raised the taxes again, and the illegal sales came back.

That article is from 2015

I am a conservative, too. As a conservative, I believe in less govt. intrusion in our lives. It's not the govt's business if I want to get high every day. (I don't, just making a point)

I am a conservative, too. As a conservative, I believe in less govt. intrusion in our lives. It's not the govt's business if I want to get high every day. (I don't, just making a point)

Sounds like your more of a Libertarian than a Conservative

Conservatives believe in the rule of law and understand the distinction between liberty and anarchy. We also believe that the law protects the Liberties of everyone in the community including those who dont want their communities impacted with the unintended consequences of legalization.

Why this Nation is in such a massive hurry to substantially dumb down a entire generation of people is beyond me.

You aren't big on answering the question of how many people have ever died from overdosing on marijuana.

Sure I did.about as many people that have died from overdosing on LCD.

There is much more variation in both black market and pot shops than that, depending on quality, geographical location, and a whole lot of other factors, including the amount being bought at a time.

Anyway, one might note that we do have precedent for the legalization of a substance virtually wiping a black market out: alcohol. Precisely how many people have you heard of buying bathtub gin these days? Stolen liquor? Etc.

There are still moonshiners and it's still illegal.

She's gotta point. Stoned citizens are happy citizens.

Most of us are already Happy Citizens. And not sending people to jail for smoking it will make even more people happier.

Sure I did.about as many people that have died from overdosing on LCD.

No you didn't.

Give me an actual number Fenton.

Or just keep dodging and weaving and never answering the question directly...

From what I've seen, the price for decent stuff is around $20 a gram. Same as they charge in pot shops.[from what I've heard] The only difference is the variety.

There is much more variation in both black market and pot shops than that, depending on quality, geographical location, and a whole lot of other factors, including the amount being bought at a time.

Anyway, one might note that we do have precedent for the legalization of a substance virtually wiping a black market out: alcohol. Precisely how many people have you heard of buying bathtub gin these days? Stolen liquor? Etc.

There are still moonshiners and it's still illegal.

That does not work as a response.

That is troubling news, unless there will also be laws adding additional penalties for drug related crime and laws that make the use of any drugs, including Mary Jane, will disqualify that person from welfare, medicaid, housing aid, etc. If you have money to buy drugs, then you have money to feed and house yourself.

I like the idea, problem is abbot, he is very anti pot, whereas rick perry was in favoring of decriminalizing it. This should have been pushed before perry left office, so sadly i think it will go nowhere.

If it happens, are you going to change your screen name to weedftw? LOL.

More states need to do this so people quit moving to Colorado. CA just legalized it, so I'm hoping they start staying in CA.

Yeah, they need to get off my property.

There are so many rather dim-witted and short-sighted social conservatives in Tejas that I can't see it passing.

I know a lot of good ole boys that like to partake.

Being high on vanilla shakes from Sonic is much different than being high on weed. :mrgreen:

You just gave me an idea. Captain Crunch flavored shake.

I know a lot of good ole boys that like to partake.

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that the people in power there take a very dim, anti-freedom and anti personal resposibility stance against it.

One of the many ways that the Nanny State of Texas exposes its own hypocrisy.

Back
Top Bottom